Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328273 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:13pm On Feb 09
For those of you who intend converting visit visa to study or do a flagpole....you can only do that under certain conditions....

Watch the link below so that you won't be sorry

https://www.youtube.com/live/e6gTKq-hXVI?si=C1TmYYopB-d7FDwG

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by QueenCindy(f): 8:49pm On Feb 09
''Visa application, tracking ID No. has been received at the Thu Feb 08 2024 VAC on date and is on transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC ,for processing.''

I got this mail from VFS Abuja yesterday and no mail today. Chatted the live agent and he informed me that my passport is with embassy.

What does it mean? Why didn't they mail me today?
Is Abuja consulate operating now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by QueenCindy(f): 8:55pm On Feb 09
''Visa application, tracking ID No. has been received at the Thu Feb 08 2024 VAC on date and is on transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC ,for processing.''

I got this mail from VFS Abuja yesterday and no mail today. Chatted the live agent and he informed me that my passport is with embassy.

What does it mean? Why didn't they mail me today?
Is Abuja consulate operating now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 10:17pm On Feb 09
Pls ooo house
@Ashirioluwa
@Lakeside
@Skyview
etc...

Pls kindly help me out, I've bn unable to book Biometric appointment all am getting anytime I tried to login is Error 1015 since yesterday afternoon. Has anyone encounter this in the past? Kindly share how you were able to scape through. Pls!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vannie12(f): 10:42pm On Feb 09
Good evening all,
Thank you for all the helpful info posted here so far.

Does someone with a scholarship to a Canadian university still need to upload a bank statement/ statement of account? Please your valuable advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:46pm On Feb 09
PedigreeCity:
Pls ooo house
@Ashirioluwa
@Lakeside
@Skyview
etc...

Pls kindly help me out, I've bn unable to book Biometric appointment all am getting anytime I tried to login is Error 1015 since yesterday afternoon. Has anyone encounter this in the past? Kindly share how you were able to scape through. Pls!

Try to use a different browser or computer.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 11:10pm On Feb 09
Vannie12:
Good evening all,

Does someone with a scholarship to a Canadian university still need to upload a bank statement/ statement of account? Please your valuable advice will be appreciated.

Firstly, check the tuition fee. Is your scholarship full or partial, and does it cover your living cost, which is about 21,000 CAD as required by IRCC ? Then, you need to show proof of how you will fund the part not covered by the scholarship

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 11:31pm On Feb 09
PedigreeCity:
Pls ooo house
@Ashirioluwa
@Lakeside
@Skyview
etc...

Try use firefox and key in all your information correctly

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 12:18am On Feb 10
Even if your scholarship covers your living cost and feeding, you still need to show bank statement
Vannie12:
Good evening all,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 1:46am On Feb 10
Madukachase:
Even if your scholarship covers your living cost and feeding, you still need to show bank statement

Oga, only discuss what you're certain about. If you're on a full scholarship covering living expenses (as many scholarships only cover partial costs), and you're fortunate to secure a fully funded scholarship, proof of funds isn't necessary. Simply present evidence of the scholarship, especially if it's a departmental one; your admission letter serves as confirmation. I'm acquainted with numerous scholarship students in Canada who didn't need to show proof of funds (ur bank statement) when fully funded!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aminat2000(f): 2:54am On Feb 10
Sometimes, you won’t receive your funds immediately you arrive. It could take a month or two months. Some of these VOs know this. It would be wise to show proof of independence even with a scholarship, to some extent. I know fully funded scholars who were rejected on the basis of insufficient funds.
orjohn24:

Oga, only discuss what you're certain about. If you're on a full scholarship covering living expenses (as many scholarships only cover partial costs), and you're fortunate to secure a fully funded scholarship, proof of funds isn't necessary. Simply present evidence of the scholarship, especially if it's a departmental one; your admission letter serves as confirmation. I'm acquainted with numerous scholarship students in Canada who didn't need to show proof of funds when fully funded!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 3:15am On Feb 10
aminat2000:
Sometimes, you won’t receive your funds immediately you arrive. It could take a month or two months. Some of these VOs know this. It would be wise to show proof of independence even with a scholarship, to some extent. I know fully funded scholars who were rejected on the basis of insufficient funds.

Absolutely, scholarships vary, and some fully funded ones, supported by the government or universities, don't require personal bank statements. People I know have successfully obtained visas by emphasizing academic excellence and financial need in their SOPs, stemming from their challenging parental financial backgrounds. It appears contradictory for visa officers to demand substantial bank accounts when the full funded scholarship is specifically granted to alleviate the financial burden of applicants in difficult situations with expectional academic talent.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by comofomab9: 12:56pm On Feb 10
Hello House,

I have been i silent follower of this forum. below is the timeline of my refuse application.

Submitted my first Application 16th May, 2023
Refuse 23th July, 2023

Submitted my second Application 12th August, 2023
Refuse 9th January, 2024

Applied for GCMS Note the Officer comment was similar with my first refusal. Below are document Summited.

1. Statement of Account: 9 million closing balance
2. CAC Certificate
3. Deed of Transfer and Certificate of Occupancy
5. Wedding/Family Pictures
6. Business Premises Pictures both Indoor and Outdoor
7. Hotel reservation
8. Flight Itineraries
9. My 2 kids/wife Birth Certificate
10. A detail purpose of travel stating all the interesting places i will visit.

i have plans to reapply again i want the house to suggest the missing document i am omitting in my application.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ndubestjude: 1:12pm On Feb 10
Pls I need a help from you guys, I went for biometrics since last year August at abuja till now I have not receive any response from them about making decision on my application, though I used for applying bt when I went to abuja I put my own email and it was at my own email they sent my tracking number, is 7months now bt no decision make yet, pls what should I do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 1:28pm On Feb 10
comofomab9:
Hello House,

I have been i silent follower of this forum. below is the timeline of my refuse application.

Refuse 23th July, 2023

Refuse 9th January, 2024

Applied for GCMS Note the Officer comment was similar with my first refusal. Below are document Summited.

2. CAC Certificate
7. Hotel reservation
8. Flight Itineraries

i have plans to reapply again i want the house to suggest the missing document i am omitting in my application.

give them a little time before re apply,you are acting desperate!......you can try other countries if you don't have any travel experience, like Europe or south America.....I was refused last two weeks,I won't re apply immediately,I will give them time, beside, Canada visa bonanza has stop,stop wasting money on visa fee!.....will try other countries....

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ndubestjude: 1:43pm On Feb 10
dealhunter:
me that submitted my application on 30th august and done biomatric on 20th September m,have not heard anything since then,you better calm down,because no one can predict how Canada visa application is being processed and how long....

I went for biometrics since last year August 1st till now I have not receive any response from them, what should I do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ndubestjude: 1:46pm On Feb 10
Calistadee:
visit visa approved
Applied 26th of December
Biometrics 3rd of January
Passport request 16th of January
Passport submitted 19th of January
Passport returned 24th of January
May everyone get a favorable response.
my brother I went for biometrics since last year August at abuja till now I have not receive any response from them about making decision, what can I do oo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by comofomab9: 1:59pm On Feb 10
Thanks for your input,

I have travel to Malaysia, Kenya, Ghana, Pakistan and Sri-lanka in the last ten years. and i am not desperate, i don't intend to apply immediate, i just want to get insight for my error in case i want to apply in the nearest future.

dealhunter:
give them a little time before re apply,you are acting desperate!......you can try other countries if you don't have any travel experience, like Europe or south America.....I was refused last two weeks,I won't re apply immediately,I will give them time, beside, Canada visa bonanza has stop,stop wasting money on visa fee!.....will try other countries....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ndubestjude: 1:59pm On Feb 10
Debbieeeeeee:

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Create an account here
Pls can I still create an account to check my application too? Though is my agent that applied for me, he's de one dat create de portal, can I still create an account my tracking number because it's in my email?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 2:32pm On Feb 10
Ndubestjude:

Pls can I still create an account to check my application too? Though is my agent that applied for me, he's de one dat create de portal, can I still create an account my tracking number because it's in my email?
If you have your UCI yes you can.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 2:59pm On Feb 10
And because you got fully funded scholarship you dont need to show home ties? Proof that you will return to your home country? Especially if you are going for a graduate program. What have you been doing?
orjohn24:

Oga, only discuss what you're certain about. If you're on a full scholarship covering living expenses (as many scholarships only cover partial costs), and you're fortunate to secure a fully funded scholarship, proof of funds isn't necessary. Simply present evidence of the scholarship, especially if it's a departmental one; your admission letter serves as confirmation. I'm acquainted with numerous scholarship students in Canada who didn't need to show proof of funds (ur bank statement) when fully funded!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:01pm On Feb 10
In my own little understanding....."Insufficient evidence of employment/activity income..."

1) When did you register your CAC as self employed? How old is your company?
2) Is your company still active on CAC database if the VO search online? Because if it shows INACTIVE, that could raise a redflag
3) Did you submit your Tax clearance? Mind you, your tax returns must be equivalent to the amount you claim to earn annually OR Did you submit your CAC recent annual returns certificate of at least two years ( 2022 and 2023) to show your business is active and running. They prefer tenderable documents of your business running than pictures alone.... which is TAX OR RETURNS.
4) Did you include your business invoices and receipts?

And when next you apply, let your spouse write a letter of consent that she is aware you are traveling to Canada on a SHORT STAY, at the same time assuring them of your return.

If your wife is working and earning well, you may include her work ID and payslips (notarized copies) to further strengthen your financial tie.

Best of luck in your next application

comofomab9:
Hello House,

Refuse 23th July, 2023

Refuse 9th January, 2024

2. CAC Certificate
7. Hotel reservation
8. Flight Itineraries

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:06pm On Feb 10
Did you declare your Pakistan travel history in your application? I hope Pakistan isn't among high risk countries like Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan e.t.c.

comofomab9:
Thanks for your input,

I have travel to Malaysia, Kenya, Ghana, Pakistan and Sri-lanka in the last ten years. and i am not desperate, i don't intend to apply immediate, i just want to get insight for my error in case i want to apply in the nearest future.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by comofomab9: 3:17pm On Feb 10
Thanks for your input

1. i register my CAC March 2020 and the business is less than 4 year old
2. CAC is Active because i pay my annual return yearly.
3. I submitted Tax Clearance issue by State Government (i pay my tax to state government) for 2021, 2022, and 2023
4. My Wife is self employed she owned a tailoring outfit.

slimmsyyetty:
In my own little understanding....."Insufficient evidence of employment/activity income..."

1) When did you register your CAC as self employed? How old is your company?
2) Is your company still active on CAC database if the VO search online? Because if it shows INACTIVE, that could raise a redflag
3) Did you submit your Tax clearance? Mind you, your tax returns must be equivalent to the amount you claim to earn annually OR Did you submit your CAC recent annual returns certificate of at least two years ( 2022 and 2023) to show your business is active and running. They prefer tenderable documents of your business running than pictures alone.... which is TAX OR RETURNS.

And when next you apply, let your spouse write a letter of consent that she is aware you are traveling to Canada on a SHORT STAY, at the same time assuring them of your return.

If your wife is working and earning well, you may include her work ID and payslips (notarized copies) to further strengthen your financial tie.

Best of luck in your next application

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 3:30pm On Feb 10
Hello everyone,pls is there anyone that applied october 2023 and has gotten response pls share?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 4:23pm On Feb 10
Sometimes, the tax annual returns issued by Lagos state government for business enterprise complicate issues for some applicants, depending on the VO strictness. That is why I stated earlier that your tax returns MUST BE EQUIVALENT TO THE AMOUNT YOU CLAIMED IS YOUR ANNUAL INCOME. The 150k that you paid which is 50k per annum may not be sufficient to justify your business income which you claimed generates over millions on your statement of account of 6 months. I have seen where a VO based his or her reason for refusal on an application on that ground. The VO raised concerns that "the tax clearance is too low for the statement of account the applicant submitted so the source of income couldn't be established which makes me (VO) believe the huge amount was just for demonstration purposes".

Please, don't get me wrong...I am not linking it to your refusal. I am just trying to figure out why the VO would raise concerns on "Insufficient income proof for your business/establishment" after submitting your CAC Certificate, tax clearance and pictures of your business. I am just using that as an awareness.

Again, I hope you didn't include Pakistan in your travel history and I hope Pakistan isn't among the high risk country on a redflag for Canada government, otherwise...

Please, include your business invoices and receipts AND your CAC annual returns certificate, too in your next application

Above all may God's grace be sufficient for everyone of us because sometimes, it's not all about the volume of docs submitted but GRACE. I have seen where an applicant didn't submit tax clearance and was approved and another was denied for not submitting tax clearance to support the CAC Certificate while still, another submitted only CAC annual returns certificate without tax clearance and was approved.

Shalom

comofomab9:
Thanks for your input

1. i register my CAC March 2020 and the business is less than 4 year old
2. CAC is Active because i pay my annual return yearly.
3. I submitted Tax Clearance issue by State Government (i pay my tax to state government) for 2021, 2022, and 2023
4. My Wife is self employed she owned a tailoring outfit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 4:41pm On Feb 10
Ndubestjude:

I went for biometrics since last year August 1st till now I have not receive any response from them, what should I do?
Keep on checking ur email,you will receive Thier decision via email any moment from now!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 5:05pm On Feb 10
comofomab9:
Hello House,

Refuse 23th July, 2023

Refuse 9th January, 2024

2. CAC Certificate
7. Hotel reservation
8. Flight Itineraries

Your profile is very, very consistent with people who leave with a visit visa and never return. Your economic ties are certainly not strong. What's the nature of your self-employment exactly? What says you can't stay back in Canada and have someone else be running your business back in Nigeria? What exactly necessitates your coming back to your own business? Because it looks like if you left, that business can still survive. Hence, no real economic ties.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 5:18pm On Feb 10
Ilekunola:
Hello everyone,pls is there anyone that applied october 2023 and has gotten response pls share?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 6:42pm On Feb 10
In my own little opinion, regardless of the nature of his business as a self employed applicant after submitting all evidences, I believe someone of his type without a strong economic tie (like investments, fixed assets e.t.c.) may have a chance if he could utilize his family tie (wife and kids) with his wife's proof of income( like work ID and payslips). If the spouse has a very good and stable job and earns well, coupled with a letter of consent from the spouse, the application may fly for approval i.e if the "HIDDEN REASON" for his refusals isn't on his Pakistan travel history. There are some countries that are high risk to western embassies like Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, e.t.c and I don't know if Pakistan is inclusive.

Again, on another side, 9 million may be low as POF as a family man (I am just raising another concern). You have a wife and kids. The VO doesn't know what your spouse is doing so the cost of your family's wellbeing is assumed on the 9m. Cost of ticket is almost 3m which makes you have 6m left. Your hotel booking (we don't know the number of days to spend in Canada that was indicated), cost of food and other miscellaneous expenses in Canada will make it totalled over 5M+....you want to spend these on visit when your personal business isn't that elaborate and you also have a family. That is why I do advice those applying as a self employed applicant with "I patch it business documents" to not indicate more than 7 days of stay in Canada if going as a tourist, except your business is grounded and elaborate and you have proof to back it up, of course.

Above all, GRACE matters. Shalom!!!

NuCypher:

Your profile is very, very consistent with people who leave with a visit visa and never return. Your economic ties are certainly not strong. What's the nature of your self-employment exactly? What says you can't stay back in Canada and have someone else be running your business back in Nigeria? What exactly necessitates your coming back to your own business? Because it looks like if you left, that business can still survive. Hence, no real economic ties.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeepaidinfull: 8:53pm On Feb 10
Ilekunola:

Yes....still hoping..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 10:40pm On Feb 10
slimmsyyetty:
In my own little opinion, regardless of the nature of his business as a self employed applicant after submitting all evidences, I believe someone of his type without a strong economic tie (like investments, fixed assets e.t.c.) may have a chance if he could utilize his family tie (wife and kids) with his wife's proof of income( like work ID and payslips). If the spouse has a very good and stable job and earns well, coupled with a letter of consent from the spouse, the application may fly for approval i.e if the "HIDDEN REASON" for his refusals isn't on his Pakistan travel history. There are some countries that are high risk to western embassies like Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, e.t.c and I don't know if Pakistan is inclusive.

Again, on another side, 9 million may be low as POF as a family man (I am just raising another concern). You have a wife and kids. The VO doesn't know what your spouse is doing so the cost of your family's wellbeing is assumed on the 9m. Cost of ticket is almost 3m which makes you have 6m left. Your hotel booking (we don't know the number of days to spend in Canada that was indicated), cost of food and other miscellaneous expenses in Canada will make it totalled over 5M+....you want to spend these on visit when your personal business isn't that elaborate and you also have a family. That is why I do advice those applying as a self employed applicant with "I patch it business documents" to not indicate more than 7 days of stay in Canada if going as a tourist, except your business is grounded and elaborate and you have proof to back it up, of course.

Above all, GRACE matters. Shalom!!!

Honestly, if I were the embassy, I'll also reject his application. Can he tell us in truth that he won't stay back in Canada? His going for a visit alone? Why's the wife not going with him? It's a straight decline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olaoluwa83

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.