Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321412 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ahmedio2017(m): 8:26am On Feb 14
maziemeka2024:

How did the West destroy Nigeria? Nobody owes you anything.

You are not getting it,
When Obasanjo was in power we all concluded he is clueless, during good luck we were hailing that same Obasanjo, good luck was voted out during buhari we all concluded that good luck was better, during emilokan we are saying that same buhari is better. Now who is deceiving who? Don't you think there is external factors militating against our development as a nation? Don't you think that there are some people both internal and external that are working tirelessly to ensure that Nigeria is not developed because of their selfish gain?

Now let me give you some instances ..

Look at NEPA, many were clamoring for NEPA to be privatized was it not? What's the performance today? Still very poor which shows that both our private and public sectors is still under influence.

Now, are you saying Nigeria cannot fix NEPA? Do you know why it is hard to fix?

It is because of our POPULATION the west are the one manufacturing generator isn't? If our light is stable who will patronize them?

Look at small Ghana, Benin rep, they enjoy power do you know why? Because they didn't have the POPULATION there are a lot of instances oga but with this little point I think you should understand my earlier points. For development to take place Nigeria must learn to do some certain things by themselves else the west won't do it for us, is like master and slave.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by larrixauto2017(m): 9:02am On Feb 14
Actually I was aspiring to start doing a move a PR to Canada...

I am a skilled certified auto technician not road side mechanic oh..

I mean I fix only luxury cars.. like diagnosis, computerized scanning, Air conditions, wheel alignment and balancing, key and ecu programming, etc about cars except body work and upholstery...

I just want too ask any one here that have been there what are my chances of surviving there. And as times goes on would love too change career path too business and schooling over there..

Any advice for me pls

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 9:05am On Feb 14
Congratulations bro

BoNsi:
I refresh this page like everyday to see new information and updates because the wait time was exhausting. Finally I get to share my own journey;

Applied for SOWP - May 2023
Refused - 11th August, 2023

Visit Visa Application
Applied - 4th September, 2023
Passport Request - 7th Feb.
Passport submitted - 7th Feb.
Passport Returned - 13th Feb. 2024

Thank you for all the information and encouragement on this platform 🙏🏾
To those still waiting for a response, I wish you the very best 🙏🏾 success is on the way, keep the faith and stay prayed up…

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:10am On Feb 14
NuCypher:

Clearly, they needed to re-interview a lot of people, possibly due to perceived security issues that some people, for whom interviews had been waived, needed additional checks. My guess is they wanted to weed out a few unscrupulous elements. Was out of the country by then anyways, and only applied for renewal from Canada.
Yes, there were reports that some applicants abused the type of visa issued to them. Some said they were going for visiting but ended up going to give birth and all these weren't the reasons stated in their applications. Some gave birth and never paid bills in full while some benefited wrongly from health insurance. The embassy also learnt that some overstayed their visits. All these contributed to the IW programme suspension. I read about the suspension widely back then.

So, they needed to see people whom they had pegged down for queries face to face and query them, instead of expressly rejecting their drop box applications hence, the suspension of the programme. You know Nigerians now. They always abuse opportunities.

Now that they're seeking asylum in Canada instead of returning home, they've blocked the chances of genuine and innocent TRV applicants because they'd become more strict now than ever in scrutinising applications. Canada that I know had not been so magnanimous with TRVs as they had been last year. When we used to apply at their VI office back in the days before they engaged VFS, only 2 out of 10 applicants could be issued a visa and they could issue as low as 2 months validity back then. So, because of this, hardly would you see people in front of their embassy. They just avoided them. It used to be very dry, except during admission period when you'd see students line inside their cubicle for visa appointments.

If I were those young TRV holders, I'd go and come back and that wouid have even sped up my express entry processing if they apply. But they don't want to make such a sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nielda234: 9:43am On Feb 14
Good day everyone. Please I need assistance. I’m applying for a Canada tourist visa. I used the new website and filled the form. I have a valid UK and U.S and I’ve been to over 15 countries. As documents, I was provided space to upload only my US visa, passport page and employment letter and just 1 additional document. I did this. I have other supporting documents. How do I show this? It say based on my application these are the documents I’m meant to provide and they will ask for additional ones if need be. Now I’ve scheduled Biometrics. Will this be a problem?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:55am On Feb 14
ahmedio2017:

You are not getting it,
When Obasanjo was in power we all concluded he is clueless, during good luck we were hailing that same Obasanjo, good luck was voted out during buhari we all concluded that good luck was better, during emilokan we are saying that same buhari is better. Now who is deceiving who? Don't you think there is external factors militating against our development as a nation? Don't you think that there are some people both internal and external that are working tirelessly to ensure that Nigeria is not developed because of their selfish gain?

Now let me give you some instances ..

Look at NEPA, many were clamoring for NEPA to be privatized was it not? What's the performance today? Still very poor which shows that both our private and public sectors is still under influence.

Now, are you saying Nigeria cannot fix NEPA? Do you know why it is hard to fix?

It is because of our POPULATION the west are the one manufacturing generator isn't? If our light is stable who will patronize them?

Look at small Ghana, Benin rep, they enjoy power do you know why? Because they didn't have the POPULATION there are a lot of instances oga but with this little point I think you should understand my earlier points. For development to take place Nigeria must learn to do some certain things by themselves else the west won't do it for us, is like master and slave.
NEPA privatisation was never transparent. They sent GE away. GE bidded as well for it. They simply sold it to themselves. Wetin patience Jonathan, Tinubu ( who bought his own tru proxy), Abdulsalaam Abubakar, etc know about electricity? They all bought the Discos and shared it amongst themselves. These are the same people you guys are worshipping today as idols, those who are killing you and the economy softly.

They said obasanjo squandered billions of dollars on electricity right ? Can you have power without building power plants? That's what he did...providing the basis for uninterrupted power supply in the country but because many have been perpetually blinded by these politicians they're following, they believe them hook line and sinker.

For you to know if what obj spent on power was justifiable or not, go and ask Tony elumelu how much he spent on his Geregu Power Plant or how much Davido's dad spent on his own so far, which is even far from completion. Then multiply the amount by the number of plants built by obj. Many would simply keep quiet thereafter. Same people told you that the fx rate when Jonathan was in power was too high, insecurity level was high, subsidy was a scam and Jonathan must not remove it but deal with subsidy scammers, fuel was selling at a high price but with nothing to show for it, blablabla. I blame Jonathan for not arresting and jailing the propagandists back then. He caused the mess we have on ground by letting them take power. He also allowed some corrupt individuals hold sway.

Now, a dollar is over 1,500 naira, but they're keeping quiet

Crude had been selling at favourable price steadily for long, they're keeping quiet

The same people who attacked Jonathan have now removed subsidy but without palliatives first in place, putting a cart before a horse, even though Jonathan had put palliatives in place with a sure-p programme covering every sector, but they protested.

Now that subsidy had been removed, no account for the money invested and for the first time ,.people were seen protesting over hunger and hardships in a country so blessed by God and our youths are leaving Nigeria in droves. They're not talking. They said too much imports cause the free fall of the naira as if we had always been an exporting nation when the military, obj and Jonathan were in office and naira was so strong in value. There are many developed countries who export less but with a strong economy.

I keep saying this,leadership is about competence. You can't govern by way of propaganda and end well, never! Nigerians have been blinded by religion and ethnicity. I heard an Islamic cleric in the north criticising Tinubu over economic hardships as if he didn't support a same faith ticket. These people have forgotten that Muslims, Christians, pagans, atheists go to same market to buy and sell. You'd not be attended to on the basis of your religion by yam or fish seller.

I have been seeing Kemi recently the UK's trade minister on TV. She visited Nigeria. If she were a Nigerian, she'd probably not have been known if she doesn't know one powerful politician or the other. We worship mediocrity in Nigeria and that will keep affecting us until we change our mindset. I don't pity those protesting over hunger, they are reaping the benefits of their foolishness. In a poor country like Nigeria, our law makers are the highest paid in the world. Instead of going for locally made SUVs to save our economy, they went for toyota suv. These are the people they should focus their protest and vent their anger on. Corruption has been institutionalised in Nigeria. You see a minister moving the money meant for the downtrodden in the society into an individual account? I heard of an accountant-general singly stealing over 100bn naira in the administration, who came under the umbrella of change. Military administration patronised Peugeot in their 3 decades rule, why not patronise local manufacturers, give them specs and save us those dollars wasted at a time like this?

A lot is wrong with nigeria and nigerians. Until they change their mindset, we'd always get it wrong.

Apologies for derailing this thread. I just needed to put this up.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by db15: 10:12am On Feb 14
Good day all,

Thanks for all the contributions. I am kind off confuse on use of new site and old site.

Any clarity with pros/cons or link to either will be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 11:13am On Feb 14
Eriokanmi:
Yes, there were reports that some applicants abused the type of visa issued to them. Some said they were going for visiting but ended up going to give birth and all these weren't the reasons stated in their applications. Some gave birth and never paid bills in full while some benefited wrongly from health insurance. The embassy also learnt that some overstayed their visits. All these contributed to the IW programme suspension. I read about the suspension widely back then.

So, they needed to see people whom they had pegged down for queries face to face and query them, instead of expressly rejecting their drop box applications hence, the suspension of the programme. You know Nigerians now. They always abuse opportunities.

Now that they're seeking asylum in Canada instead of returning home, they've blocked the chances of genuine and innocent TRV applicants because they'd become more strict now than ever in scrutinising applications. Canada that I know had not been so magnanimous with TRVs as they had been last year. When we used to apply at their VI office back in the days before they engaged VFS, only 2 out of 10 applicants could be issued a visa and they could issue as low as 2 months validity back then. So, because of this, hardly would you see people in front of their embassy. They just avoided them. It used to be very dry, except during admission period when you'd see students line inside their cubicle for visa appointments.

If I were those young TRV holders, I'd go and come back and that wouid have even sped up my express entry processing if they apply. But they don't want to make such a sacrifice.
I must clarify, sir, that your assumption is incorrect. The fact is, I was profiled along with several others, and was invited for an interview. During the interview, the visa officer asked me about a baby, which was confusing as I had not given birth to any child nor had I used the expired visa. I believe that I was profiled because I had used a new passport with a different name for my application, which led them to assume that I had gotten married, had a child, and changed my name, which was not the case.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RS411(f): 1:19pm On Feb 14
larrixauto2017:
Actually I was aspiring to start doing a move a PR to Canada...

I am a skilled certified auto technician not road side mechanic oh..

I mean I fix only luxury cars.. like diagnosis, computerized scanning, Air conditions, wheel alignment and balancing, key and ecu programming, etc about cars except body work and upholstery...

I just want too ask any one here that have been there what are my chances of surviving there. And as times goes on would love too change career path too business and schooling over there..

Any advice for me pls

There are big companies that do all that there, most like scanning is free at least in the US. Drive your car, they scan and print the report for free for you. You can still work for those companies but will make 100x if you can compete with your own business. You'll slay with proper mechanic or body works.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 1:33pm On Feb 14
Debbieeeeeee:

I must clarify, sir, that your assumption is incorrect. The fact is, I was profiled along with several others, and was invited for an interview. During the interview, the visa officer asked me about a baby, which was confusing as I had not given birth to any child nor had I used the expired visa. I believe that I was profiled because I had used a new passport with a different name for my application, which led them to assume that I had gotten married, had a child, and changed my name, which was not the case.
Your case might be different. Maybe you changed your last(maiden)name due to marriage. They'd definitely want to see you to clarify that name change. Maybe they mistook you for one of those who abused B1/B2 to go give birth in the past. My point is valid dear. Imagine the vo talking about a baby during your interview. They have a long list of them back then grin.

I know of 2 people who were affected. Till now, one of them keeps getting rejected. She's applied like twice now. She gave birth twice, using the B1/B2 visa within 2 years of visa validity and i warned her husband. They turned deaf ear. Her intention for traveling when she renewed her visa was vacation and she indicated this on her DS160
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:40pm On Feb 14
Eriokanmi:
Your case might be different . Maybe they mistook you for one of those who abused B1/B2 to go give birth. My point is valid dear. Otherwise, they'd not have been asking you questions about giving birth. They have a long list of them back then grin.

I know of 2 people who were affected. Till now, one of them keeps getting rejected. She's applied like twice now. She gave birth twice, using the B1/B2 visa within 2 years of visa validity and i warhed her husband. They turned deaf ear. Her intention for traveling when she renewed her visa was vacation and she indicated this on her DS160
It's funny how they did some right and wrong profiling of people. One of my colleagues was affected as she reapplied twice but was refused both times. She went for a third time and was finally granted the visa. Some of my other colleagues were also affected and they still haven't received their visas. As for me, I was called for an interview because they thought I had given birth during a certain period, but to their disappointment, I didn't have a baby during that time. As a result, I was granted the visa. While your points are very valid, I'm still upset that I was wrongly profiled 😂😂 because it took me three attempts to get an interview date, On the first attempt passport was returned, second attempt appointment was moved due to elections, and the third one same again final one was in March and by then I was tired of being rescheduled.
However, I had a baby last year and was able to renew my visa with ease when I returned to Nigeria. I also declared it at the border and used the visa four times within two years, even though it was originally granted for a holiday in 2021.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 1:49pm On Feb 14
Debbieeeeeee:

It's funny how they did some right and wrong profiling of people. One of my colleagues was affected as she reapplied twice but was refused both times. She went for a third time and was finally granted the visa. Some of my other colleagues were also affected and they still haven't received their visas. As for me, I was called for an interview because they thought I had given birth during a certain period, but to their disappointment, I didn't have a baby during that time. As a result, I was granted the visa. While your points are very valid, I'm still upset that I was wrongly profiled 😂😂 because it took me three attempts to get an interview date, On the first attempt passport was returned, second attempt appointment was moved due to elections, and the third one same again final one was in March and by then I was tired of being rescheduled.
However, I had a baby last year and was able to renew my visa with ease when I returned to Nigeria. I also declared it at the border and used the visa four times within two years, even though it was originally granted for a holiday in 2021.
You're right. They're very unpredictable. We should just keep praying for God's favour each time cos some of them have skanskan for head. I pray each time I'm having a visa appointment with them cos at times, they can misbehave. Being frequently travelled and well prepared aren't enough.

Sorry for sounding religous but it's helped me 100% of the time. I remember when I got over 2 years multiple German schengen visit visa and my friends were asking me if I was going for studies. It's quite rare
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 2:38pm On Feb 14
Eriokanmi:
You're right. They're very unpredictable. We should just keep praying for God's favour each time cos some of them have skanskan for head. I pray each time I'm having a visa appointment with them cos at times, they can misbehave. Being frequently travelled and well prepared aren't enough.

Sorry for sounding religous but it's helped me 100% of the time. I remember when I got over 2 years multiple German schengen visit visa and my friends were asking me if I was going for studies. It's quite rare
I also believe in the God factor for these things and also preparedness. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 3:19pm On Feb 14
Debbieeeeeee:

It's easy for us to blame the European ,America or Canada for profiling or racism, but sometimes we forget to hold accountable the many Nigerians who give birth in the USA on Medicaid, essentially exploiting American taxpayers and raking in millions of dollars in debt without paying. This criminal behaviour affects other honest, law-abiding Nigerian citizens. Similarly, a few years ago, many obtained US visas and began arriving in New York, only to cross the border into Canada on foot to seek asylum. As a result, the US embassy began reviewing and canceling many previously issued visas, leaving some innocent individuals stranded at the airport upon discovering their visas had been revoked. It's a sad reality that we all face as Nigerians when some individuals misbehave, and it adversely affects others. The same situation is occurring in Canada now, as many abuse the visitor visa to overstay or claim asylum. We must recognize that this visa abuse behavior will inevitably impact others who legitimately wish to enter Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ebube10: 5:50pm On Feb 14
Pls is it possible to get a working visa to Canada from Nigeria.?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:05pm On Feb 14
Nielda234:
Good day everyone. Please I need assistance. I’m applying for a Canada tourist visa. I used the new website and filled the form. I have a valid UK and U.S and I’ve been to over 15 countries. As documents, I was provided space to upload only my US visa, passport page and employment letter and just 1 additional document. I did this. I have other supporting documents. How do I show this? It say based on my application these are the documents I’m meant to provide and they will ask for additional ones if need be. Now I’ve scheduled Biometrics. Will this be a problem?

If you have traveled to Canada in the last 10 years, or still holding a Canadian visa, or have a US visa then your visa application is considered under the Canada CAN plus visa program.

Your US visa qualifies you for the CAN+, and those who meet the requirements just need to submit their passport data page. In your case, an employer letter is not required of you. If you click on the employer letter, you will see that it is related to Canada's employment history.

You are free to add other documents if you prefer, but they are not necessary.

Additionally, you will get an expedited visa processing time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 7:36pm On Feb 14
Good evening to all gurus in the house...

Pls,

1). How soon will I be able to track my application after biometrics?

2). How do I track the application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 9:05pm On Feb 14
Good evening house ,please make una help a brother all the gurus in the house ..in 2018 I did a biometrics on a visit visa ..now I applied after 6years after I paid my visa fee for new application..the biometrics I did in 2018 refused to come up after 3days of visa fee payment and I filled in my form that I've done biometrics in 2018..please what's the solution and way forward now .I really need a expert advise moving forward..help a brother thanks in anticipation!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 9:14pm On Feb 14
Walahi, this message is not clear. maybe other gurus can relate
Kelvinarsenal:
Good evening house ,please make una help a brother all the gurus in the house ..in 2018 I did a biometrics on a visit visa ..now I applied after 6years after I paid my visa fee for new application..the biometrics I did in 2018 refused to come up after 3days of visa fee payment and I filled in my form that I've done biometrics in 2018..please what's the solution and way forward now .I really need a expert advise moving forward..help a brother thanks in anticipation!
Betterstill, rephrase
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 9:33pm On Feb 14
hunee:
Walahi, this message is not clear. maybe other gurus can relate
Betterstill, rephrase
I applied for visit visa in 2018 and I did biometrics which is valid for 10years ...after 6years I'm now reapplying again for visit visa which means my biometrics is still valid...Now after I paid visa fee my biometrics dint come up after some days ..wats the way forward..hope this is clear enough!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:41pm On Feb 14
Please is this okay for summer ?? The activities ?

meljoe:
Please I have edited it , is it okay now ?

22-12-2023- Arrival In Toronto Hotel.
13-12-2023- Hop-On-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour
24-12-2023- Casa Loma
25-12-2023- CN Tower
26-12-2023- Stay In The Hotel
27-12-2023- Art Gallery Of Ontario
28-12-2023- Bata Shoe Museum
29-12-2023- Stay In Hotel
30-12-2023 - Toronto Zoo
31-12-2023 - Stay in the hotel
01-01-2024- Walking Tour
02-01-2024 - CF Toronto Eaton Centre
03-01-2024- Distillery District
04-01-2024- Ripley Aquarium
05-01-2024 - Travel Back

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 9:43pm On Feb 14
Kelvinarsenal:
I applied for visit visa in 2018 and I did biometrics which is valid for 10years ...after 6years I'm now reapplying again for visit visa which means my biometrics is still valid...Now after I paid visa fee my biometrics dint come up after some days ..wats the way forward..hope this is clear enough!

It will still come up once your uci number is correct
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 10:07pm On Feb 14
lakeside3020:

thanks bro..so how long will I wait till it comes up?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 10:16pm On Feb 14
soon
Kelvinarsenal:
thanks bro..so how long will I wait till it comes up?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tonei199023: 10:19pm On Feb 14
Run with your money there is nothing like business class visa and he can't promise you job cause his not there And Jon's are not that easy to come by na fake agent
Emanwel:
Honestly I think you know your answers already. Asking us if your agent is genuine is funny 🤣
Unless your agent is a visa officer, I don’t know why you’ll believe anyone who says this to you.

Go on the IRCC official website and find types of visas for yourself!

If you can read, write and navigate your way on this platform, I’m sure you can do same on IRCC website. If you have issues filling a form, people here will help.

And oh…if you have enough money and faith to spare, go ahead with your agent for your business class visa

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 11:37pm On Feb 14
You’re probably better off paying for & doing another biometric as Visa wil be issued either by length of biometric validity/length of passport expiration whichever is less.
So even though u have brand new 10 years passport but with 3 years biometric validity left from
Previous application. You’d only get 3 years visa.
But if u do new biometrics you’d very likely get 10 years Visa. Reason am

Kelvinarsenal:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 11:50pm On Feb 14
MayorOfEdmonton:
You’re probably better off paying for & doing another biometric as Visa wil be issued either by length of biometric validity/length of passport expiration whichever is less.
So even though u have brand new 10 years passport but with 3 years biometric validity left from
Previous application. You’d only get 3 years visa.
But if u do new biometrics you’d very likely get 10 years Visa. Reason am

thanks for this..I've been thinking of doing another biometrics..so how will I go about it now that I've paid for visa fee ..i mine gonna withdraw the present application and reapply?Please enlighten me more thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 11:55pm On Feb 14
lakeside3020:

What of if the UCI is incorrect what will happen?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 12:05am On Feb 15
What is the validity of your passport, firstly? If it is less than 5 years, then it doesn't worth doing another biometric because they will still issue your visa according to the smaller duration you have left on your passport (even if you have a 10 year biometric validity). If your passport is less than 5 years, just raise a webform if your biometric hasn't been automatically linked to your application after a week of submission.

But if your passport has a longer validity, then please, pay cad$85 for biometrics fee to enjoy a longer visa stay

Shalom!!!

Kelvinarsenal:
thanks for this..I've been thinking of doing another biometrics..so how will I go about it now that I've paid for visa fee ..i mine gonna withdraw the present application and reapply?Please enlighten me more thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 12:16am On Feb 15
Does this apply to Nigerians? I thought Indians.
Pls, I have a valid US visa, how do I use this?

I have read but find nothing on it. Pls, can you say more on this?
Ashirioluwa:

If you have traveled to Canada in the last 10 years, or still holding a Canadian visa, or have a US visa then your visa application is considered under the Canada CAN plus visa program.

Your US visa qualifies you for the CAN+, and those who meet the requirements just need to submit their passport data page. In your case, an employer letter is not required of you. If you click on the employer letter, you will see that it is related to Canada's employment history.

You are free to add other documents if you prefer, but they are not necessary.

Additionally, you will get an expedited visa processing time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:32am On Feb 15
iyaaliyah:
Does this apply to Nigerians? I thought Indians.
Pls, I have a valid US visa, how do I use this?

I have read but find nothing on it. Pls, can you say more on this?

It is for everyone, not designed for one particular country, and there is no special application portal for the CAN+ visa program.

The system will screen all applications for CAN+ eligibility, and any application that shows that the applicant has traveled to Canada in the last 10 years or holds a valid U.S. non-immigrant visa will be selected for the CAN+, and the application will be sent to the visa office for expedited processing.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:40am On Feb 15
Kelvinarsenal:

Don't worry, it will show up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Shokeye3, Lyoncrescent, Dj4all and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.