Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321860 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:44am On Feb 15
Kelvinarsenal:
thanks for this..I've been thinking of doing another biometrics..so how will I go about it now that I've paid for visa fee ..i mine gonna withdraw the present application and reapply?Please enlighten me more thanks!

Use the link below to pay for biometrics, for an application that has been submitted.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10097

After payment, make sure you send a copy of your receipt to IRCC through the webform.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 2:05am On Feb 15
Check this link on a simple step to VV extension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyvvB7gUeEU?si=-b3cFx4dDUQliMX9

LadyBR:
Good evening, please has anyone successfully extended their stay in Canada using the visitors record or does anyone have more information about it?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 2:41am On Feb 15
@Angie88 Gudevening sis, pls ircc sent me this for my daughter to provide this. pls how does the documents we are to provide looks like. i mean the one you submitted for your kids. we ave submitted birth certificate but they are still asking for it.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following document/s are required to
continue processing your application:
• A copy of your birth certificate or any valid document indicating your relationship with your parents (e.g. Age Declaration Affidavit, Attestation Letter, etc.)
The required document/s listed above must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by divine128: 3:37am On Feb 15
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by divine128: 3:43am On Feb 15
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by divine128: 3:46am On Feb 15
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by divine128: 3:50am On Feb 15
orjohn24:

I Never discourage anyone from traveling, but let's do things the right way. Your fraudulent actions and abuse of visas are not only going to affect you but also other honest travelers and applicants. The God I know is pure and not greedy or selfish. We should be our brothers' keepers, not only in words but in actions too!!

Why do you feel all saintly,you can’t tell me you haven’t forged or do something abnormal,this is not me supporting fraudulent means,ur aren’t a saint MARY,she clearly wrote a good and wonderful notes,but ur body kept doing you jigijigi,how many Nigerians has stable means of livelihood,any boby that gat the means to japa should japa and contribute to his community in Nigeria,my last question for you,will you want to come back to Nigeria,without having Canadian resident permit,this will enable travel their without restriction,or are you a son of dangote has trillions in his account and don’t have need for any country’s permit,stop portraying over sabi mentality everywhere,talking about reason people travel everywhere Nigerian trying means to travel has a good reason,common reason is GREENER PASTURE,either by working in the country Dey want to go to make thing work for them in their country,every Nigerians has a good reason for travelling.the only issue to the good reasons is how they get the visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:15am On Feb 15
Haryour124:
i just got PPR for my husband canada visit visa💃🏻💃🏻

Timeline: applied Sept 8 2023
biometrics : Sept 28 2023
PPR: Feb 13

Meanwhile i applied for both my husband and our daughter, but only got ppr for my husband this morning , waiting for our child’s own. Thanks to emmafe and every other person on this thread 🙏
congrats, your child’s own will also drop.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 6:09am On Feb 15
Ashirioluwa:

Use the link below to pay for biometrics, for an application that has been submitted.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10097

After payment, make sure you send a copy of your receipt to IRCC through the webform.
Thanks bro for your prompt response..I shall follow the link ..I'm grateful Godbless!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 6:11am On Feb 15
Ok. Thank you.
So it doesn't matter if I applied via IRCC or CGKey.

Ashirioluwa:

It is for everyone, not designed for one particular country, and there is no special application portal for the CAN+ visa program.

The system will screen all applications for CAN+ eligibility, and any application that shows that the applicant has traveled to Canada in the last 10 years or holds a valid U.S. non-immigrant visa will be selected for the CAN+, and the application will be sent to the visa office for expedited processing.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 6:16am On Feb 15
Ashirioluwa:

Don't worry, it will show up.
Thanks bro...I'm worries cos it has been some days now after visa fee payment and nothing is coming forth..anyway I hope for the best and I believe is not a serious issues!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 8:07am On Feb 15
U need to resubmit her birth certificate if that's what they asked of. During our own time, i was asked to submit a letter to show that I gave approval for them to travel with their father. But dis last ones, I submitted d letters and nothing was asked of us.
Haryour124:
@Angie88 Gudevening sis, pls ircc sent me this for my daughter to provide this. pls how does the documents we are to provide looks like. i mean the one you submitted for your kids. we ave submitted birth certificate but they are still asking for it.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following document/s are required to
continue processing your application:
• A copy of your birth certificate or any valid document indicating your relationship with your parents (e.g. Age Declaration Affidavit, Attestation Letter, etc.)
The required document/s listed above must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:42am On Feb 15
iyaaliyah:
Ok. Thank you.
So it doesn't matter if I applied via IRCC or CGKey.

I don't think it matters, but we all know that the new portal is better than the GCKey account because it involves less paperwork.

Either CAN+ program or not, I used the new portal for all applications I submitted for my family and friends.

The most recent application I submitted qualified for CAN+, and only two pieces of paperwork were requested to be uploaded.

They only requested for
- The national identity document (NIN)
- The travel document (passport data page)

They also included the additional document which was optional.

Even though the additional document was optional, I uploaded all previous visas (the US, Canadian, the UK, Irish, Shengen and Australian visas) to this section.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Byetunde(f): 12:58pm On Feb 15
Good day everyone, IRCC updated my application on the 13th of February and I was refused😞

Application Submitted: 5th, September 2023
Biometric done: 19th, September 2023
Biometric completed: 20th, September 2023
Application refused: 13th, February 2024 due to insufficient funds.

Please guys when can I reapply again? And how much pof can I use. Thank you 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 1:08pm On Feb 15
Sorry for the refusal.

1) How much did you have as POF?

2) Where you invited or going as a tourist?

3) If you are going as a tourist, how many days did you include in your application to spend in Canada because the longer your stay, the more money consumed?
Byetunde:
Good day everyone, IRCC updated my application on the 13th of February and I was refused😞

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 1:12pm On Feb 15
divine128:

Why do you feel all saintly,you can’t tell me you haven’t forged or do something abnormal,this is not me supporting fraudulent means,ur aren’t a saint MARY,she clearly wrote a good and wonderful notes,but ur body kept doing you jigijigi,how many Nigerians has stable means of livelihood,any boby that gat the means to japa should japa and contribute to his community in Nigeria,my last question for you,will you want to come back to Nigeria,without having Canadian resident permit,this will enable travel their without restriction,or are you a son of dangote has trillions in his account and don’t have need for any country’s permit,stop portraying over sabi mentality everywhere,talking about reason people travel everywhere Nigerian trying means to travel has a good reason,common reason is GREENER PASTURE,either by working in the country Dey want to go to make thing work for them in their country,every Nigerians has a good reason for travelling.the only issue to the good reasons is how they get the visa

Your statement suggests support for fraudulent activities, advocating that individuals should "japa" from Nigeria due to its economic challenges by any means This includes fabricating documents to obtain visas and lying to claim asylum, which adversely affects other legitimate applicants. Isn't this a selfish and self-centered approach? Do you believe this is acceptable ,l guess you will accept yahoo, yahoo is ok since no job in Nigeria ..it ok to engage in internet scam and give the money to contribute to the community ..you do not need to be son of Dangote to do the right thing in life to succeed and this part of the mentality causing problem in our nation!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Byetunde(f): 1:18pm On Feb 15
slimmsyyetty:
Sorry for the refusal.

3) If you are going as a tourist, how many days did you include in your application to spend in Canada because the longer your stay, the more money consumed?

Thank you 🙏

1) I use 3m

2) going as a tourist

3) 15days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 1:35pm On Feb 15
The VO has a valid point. The 3m covers only your return flight ticket alone and the account will be totally empty.

Depending on the hotel (star) booking for (15 DAYS) and current naira devaluation, you need between 10-12M (or better still,15M) because you will still have to show the VO that your account won't be empty for survival after spending a lot for vacation. Imagine your flight ticket alone cost 3M. That is why I do advice applicants with no solid economic or financial tie not to apply for more than 7 days stay or at most 10 days to help save cost your POF when the VO is reviewing your application

Did you do it yourself? Have you been following this thread because most likely, you would have known that 3m is far too low to use as POF from here?

I wish you success in your next application.

Shalom!!!

Byetunde:

Thank you 🙏

1) I use 3m

2) going as a tourist

3) 15days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 1:56pm On Feb 15
slimmsyyetty:
Sorry for the refusal.

Sorry you can reapply and work on your reason of refusal u can probably order a GCMS note to be sure of the reason.pls was
ur eligibility updated before the refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 1:58pm On Feb 15
slimmsyyetty:
Sorry for the refusal.

Sorry you can reapply and work on your reason of refusal u can probably order a GCMS note to be sure of the reason.pls was
ur eligibility updated before the refusal[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 2:00pm On Feb 15
Byetunde:

ur eligibility updated before the refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by larrixauto2017(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15
RS411:

There are big companies that do all that there, most like scanning is free at least in the US. Drive your car, they scan and print the report for free for you. You can still work for those companies but will make 100x if you can compete with your own business. You'll slay with proper mechanic or body works.
Thank You Ma
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 4:19pm On Feb 15
slimmsyyetty:
The VO has a valid point. The 3m covers only your return flight ticket alone and the account will be totally empty.

Depending on the hotel (star) booking for (15 DAYS) and current naira devaluation, you need between 10-12M (or better still,15M) because you will still have to show the VO that your account won't be empty for survival after spending a lot for vacation. Imagine your flight ticket alone cost 3M. That is why I do advice applicants with no solid economic or financial tie not to apply for more than 7 days stay or at most 10 days to help save cost your POF when the VO is reviewing your application

Did you do it yourself? Have you been following this thread because most likely, you would have known that 3m is far too low to use as POF from here?

I wish you success in your next application.

Shalom!!!

They must have made decisions on her application with current exchange rate as per that 3m,let say someone invited him now and the petson put to take care of accommodation and feeding they may consider

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 4:46pm On Feb 15
Hmmmmm........How about flight ticket? Except the invitation is full sponsorship including flight and the fellow giving out invite was able to prove it, otherwise even with invitation, 3m might not fly because 3m is currently the cost of return ticket.

VO's look beyond cost of holiday and plans. They also would check your balance to see how you would survive after deducting your holiday estimated cost from your balance when you are back.

lakeside3020:

They must have made decisions on her application with current exchange rate as per that 3m,let say someone invited him now and the petson put to take care of accommodation and feeding they may consider

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 6:23pm On Feb 15
The way you people are always hustling and struggling for this JAPA thing ehn. I dont even know what to say, i read so many comments and posts , and i dont even know how to reply. My only advise is for you people on this JAPA to be sufficiently well informed. If you are relocating, make sure you have a substantial amount of monies to sustain for a period of atleast 6 months. If you have contact abroad and they are willing to take you in, you dont know what God has done for you.
Above all, before someone come and tell me i am discouraging others, PLAN WELL O.
Abroad is not Nigeria. Cold dey o, Plan well well o.
2m can not bring you to canada o! check exchange rate, ask questions.
Wishing you all the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by evansky(m): 8:43pm On Feb 15
Hello house, what about those that have applied before the new current rate? Will the rate affect us?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 8:57pm On Feb 15
K
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 9:38pm On Feb 15
hunee:

Above all, before someone come and tell me i am discouraging others, PLAN WELL O.
Abroad is not Nigeria. Cold dey o, Plan well well o.
2m can not bring you to canada o! check exchange rate, ask questions.
Wishing you all the best!
As someone living in Canada, I wish others would see this message and take it seriously, rather than looking at it and thinking its sole purpose is to discourage. Firstly, trying to japa to Canada on a visit visa is a very bad idea that should never be done. I know most won't still listen though, but I'm sure if you ask those who followed that process, they'll tell you never to try it. Doesn't matter if they are in a better position today, they know that things could have turned out differently. They can only count on luck.
And even if you are japaing on a PR visa, which is the better idea, caution still needs to be exercised. The country is not a bed of roses and you may never have the life you had back in Nigeria. Things are expensive, so expensive that these days, even earning 100k CAD per annum may not cut it, if you are living in Toronto. You'll just see yourself throwing money into different kinds of furnaces each month. This is a project that needs to be very well assessed before it is undertaken.

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 9:48pm On Feb 15
I don talk my own sha. Let he who has ears heed to the voice.
NuCypher:

As someone living in Canada, I wish others would see this message and take it seriously, rather than looking at it and thinking its sole purpose is to discourage. Firstly, trying to japa to Canada on a visit visa is a very bad idea that should never be done. I know most won't still listen though, but I'm sure if you ask those who followed that process, they'll tell you never to try it. Doesn't matter if they are in a better position today, they know that things could have turned out differently. They can only count on luck.
And even if you are japaing on a PR visa, which is the better idea, caution still needs to be exercised. The country is not a bed of roses and you may never have the life you had back in Nigeria. Things are expensive, so expensive that these days, even earning 100k CAD per annum may not cut it, if you are living in Toronto. You'll just see yourself throwing money into different kinds of furnaces each month. This is a project that needs to be very well assessed before it is undertaken.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 9:59pm On Feb 15
Yes ...but that part can easily be exploited by fraudulent ppl....

quote author=ebube10 post=128456861]Pls is it possible to get a working visa to Canada from Nigeria.?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:40pm On Feb 15
evansky:
Hello house, what about those that have applied before the new current rate? Will the rate affect us?

Definitely yes

VO will work with the updated info
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:42pm On Feb 15
NuCypher:

Hmmm absolutely well said but wait and get labelled 🥱 EOP

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Mykbic and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.