Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2340849 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:27pm On Mar 01
orjohn24:

Your church marriage certificate in 2018 indicates that you are legally married. The only options now are whether you are divorced or still married. Presenting a church marriage certificate signifies a recognized form of marriage in Nigeria. A common-law partnership is different, involving two people living together without a church wedding certificate
Not all churches have wedding licenses so you have to go to the registry after church in some cases. You may marry in church but it may not be recognized by the law if the church doesn’t have a license.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chisomwo: 1:28pm On Mar 01
Good day everyone, who went beginning of October or October in general that have gotten responses from ircc

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 1:43pm On Mar 01
Debbieeeeeee:

Not all churches have wedding licenses so you have to go to the registry after church in some cases. You may marry in church but it may not be recognized by the law if the church doesn’t have a license.

Let me clear it for u...immediately you present a church marriage cert to uk, eu , canada or usa ..you are married ..the issue of not all church or mosque have marriage licenses is complicated becos ur country hardly update that databases so that why you will not see any visa refused for mosque or church weding cert licences issue.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifycoly: 2:46pm On Mar 01
Please I need help, for a visitor family visa. 2 adults and 4 kids all under 16 of age. My question is after payments who will go for biometry. Because the payment is 500 Canada dollars and 170 Canada dollars. Please I urgently need answer.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubaiboy1: 3:07pm On Mar 01
Hi guys ! I'm doing my application on the new portal and under the list of documents requested is Employer letter (current)

A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada. This letter must state that the company will hire you to work in Canada for a specific period of time.

The letter must be printed on the company's official letterhead and include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

I never mentioned that I'm working .... I'm submitting as a current student ..

What does this mean guys ? Please help out ..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:37pm On Mar 01
orjohn24:

Let me clear it for u...immediately you present a church marriage cert to uk, eu , canada or usa ..you are married ..the issue of not all church or mosque have marriage licenses is complicated becos ur country hardly update that databases so [b][/b]that why you will not see any visa refused for mosque or church weding cert licences issue.
I’m commented on this topic because your take is pretty misleading is it’s what I know about, I’m a lawyer but put that aside.

Have you been on the express entry thread and have you read different stories where people were asked for proper marriage certificates as the one they got from mosque wasn’t acceptable? Go there and read and return to correct what you said. Not all churches have licenses so it’s a mere church certificate not recognized under the law except the church has the license.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HaridaEmpire(f): 3:58pm On Mar 01
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01
Eriokanmi:
Hello, my cousin is, but on the condition that:

You don't have excess luggage to carry
You don't have any suspicious (not necessarily contraband) item you're carrying

That you're the only one travelling.

The reason I asked those questions are simple. Someone was introduced to me sometime ago. She was going for her master's degree. She had relations in Canada but had never travelled before so I was asked to help out since we're traveling along same route. I accepted cos of her aunt's kindness to us at home.

We met at the airport. Come and see luggage like someone running away from home. She also had 2 kids, lots of orishirishi packed in luggage. I started becoming a courier assistant right from the airport, yanking off my suit to help out. We landed safely and I was still same person who assisted her in taking her luggage off the carousel one after the other. I wheeled them out for her to take a cab to her location.

If you're not in that lady's description, fine. I'd ask him and revert

Omo, I can relate. Very stressful
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01
Debbieeeeeee:

I’m commented on this topic because your take is pretty misleading is it’s what I know about, I’m a lawyer but put that aside.

Have you been on the express entry thread and have you read different stories where people were asked for proper marriage certificates as the one they got from mosque wasn’t acceptable? Go there and read and return to correct what you said. Not all churches have licenses so it’s a mere church certificate not recognized under the law except the church has the license.
Many don't know this! Is the church a place of marriage?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 4:37pm On Mar 01
Anguldi:

Many don't know this! Is the church a place of marriage?
In Nigeria we mostly practice something called double deck marriage, as wahala no dey finish 😂

Traditional
Registry
Church or Islamic rites

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbenatom(m): 4:46pm On Mar 01
I have a friend who wants to apply for visitor visa with his wife but his wife surname on the passport is different from his surname, can they continue with the application or whats the way forward
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 5:16pm On Mar 01
Debbieeeeeee:

In Nigeria we mostly practice something called double deck marriage, as wahala no dey finish 😂

Traditional
Registry
Church or Islamic rites

I received my UK visiting visa last week l applied before my Canada visa decision to attend a friend wedding and I applied with my church marriage certificate, which was approved. However, I was previously refused a Canada visa, even though I applied with the same church marriage certificate and no mention of it was made as the reason for refusal. I even legalized a copy at the Federal Foreign Ministry Abuja , and it was stamped too.
Upon my return from the UK, I intend to apply for a France visa using the same certificate. Hopefully, next year, I will apply for a Canada visa again with the same church marriage certificate because if it is recognized in Nigeria and i have many northern friend that use only their mosque marriage cert to apply visa , I do not understand why a visa officer would reject it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01
Leave it.

dubaiboy1:
Hi guys ! I'm doing my application on the new portal and under the list of documents requested is Employer letter (current)

A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada. This letter must state that the company will hire you to work in Canada for a specific period of time.

The letter must be printed on the company's official letterhead and include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

I never mentioned that I'm working .... I'm submitting as a current student ..

What does this mean guys ? Please help out ..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:12pm On Mar 01
uchennay:

I received my UK visiting visa last week l applied before my Canada visa decision to attend a friend wedding and I applied with my church marriage certificate, which was approved. However, I was previously refused a Canada visa, even though I applied with the same church marriage certificate and no mention of it was made as the reason for refusal. I even legalized a copy at the Federal Foreign Ministry Abuja , and it was stamped too.
Upon my return from the UK, I intend to apply for a France visa using the same certificate. Hopefully, next year, I will apply for a Canada visa again with the same church marriage certificate because if it is recognized in Nigeria and i have many northern friend that use only their mosque marriage cert to apply visa , I do not understand why a visa officer would reject it.

The essence of the law in Nigeria aligns with the points I've mentioned and that’s the law. It's crucial to acknowledge that visa officers, being human, vary in their sources of information—some have firsthand knowledge, others rely on the internet, and some may exercise discretion. Your past denial involved points unrelated to your application and you were wondering where it came from, highlighting the divergence in decision-making. Packaging your application appropriately plays a role; some succeed with a modest approach, while others may benefit from a more thorough presentation. Keep in mind that you went the extra mile by legalizing a copy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 6:52pm On Mar 01
Good evening all, please what those it means to get an update on my application tracker. And no update on my portal, my tracker updated today and still nothing change on my application. Everything look the way it is when my biometric updated in October last year.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 6:59pm On Mar 01
Debbieeeeeee:

The essence of the law in Nigeria aligns with the points I've mentioned and that’s the law. It's crucial to acknowledge that visa officers, being human, vary in their sources of information—some have firsthand knowledge, others rely on the internet, and some may exercise discretion. Your past denial involved points unrelated to your application and you were wondering where it came from, highlighting the divergence in decision-making. Packaging your application appropriately plays a role; some succeed with a modest approach, while others may benefit from a more thorough presentation. Keep in mind that you went the extra mile by legalizing a copy.

Okay,l was refused Canada visa based on travel experience and it was clearly stated and no mention of wedding cert. but I want to ask you a question as a lawyer. What would you advise this guy now? He initially filled out an application stating that he was married in 2018 while applying student visa and presented a marriage certificate. However, we cannot determine whether the marriage registry is legal or not at as that time . I was asking a respected fellow beside me, and he suggested the best and easiest way to proceed without complicating matters would be to state that he is divorced and obtain a court sworn affidavit to close the issue. Any other opinion could complicate things for him because what he presented initially was a marriage certificate, and his status was married. Please provide your advice, not just from a legal standpoint, but considering the practical reality of the situation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:19pm On Mar 01
uchennay:

Okay,l was refused Canada visa based on travel experience and it was clearly stated and no mention of wedding cert. but I want to ask you a question as a lawyer. What would you advise this guy now? He initially filled out an application stating that he was married in 2018 while applying student visa and presented a marriage certificate. However, we cannot determine whether the marriage registry is legal or not at as that time . I was asking a respected fellow beside me, and he suggested the best and easiest way to proceed without complicating matters would be to state that he is divorced and obtain a court sworn affidavit to close the issue. Any other opinion could complicate things for him because what he presented initially was a marriage certificate, and his status was married. Please provide your advice, not just from a legal standpoint, but considering the practical reality of the situation.

I wasn't referring to your wedding certificate; instead, I was highlighting instances where visa officers might give reasons unrelated to your application during a refusal. This underscores the variability among officers, some may overlook certain aspects, while others scrutinize more, and errors can occur in the process.
Some officers may overlook a certificate while some will probe further.

Regarding the guy whose marriage certificate is in question.

It's crucial to ensure legal accuracy in the presented information. However, the suggestion of obtaining a court sworn affidavit declaring divorce seems a plausible approach, as it aligns with the current circumstances. Balancing legal accuracy with practicality is essential, and legal guidance with appropriate persons will help him make informed decisions. That way there’s no misrepresentation of facts.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Autoworld1: 9:40pm On Mar 01
Please can any one help out, I got my visitor visa yesterday though and agent, the issue date is July 2024.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Autoworld1: 9:41pm On Mar 01
Please can any one help out, I got my visitor visa yesterday though and agent, the issue date is July 2024, he said we were attach to a program which is in July, have happen to any one before
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 9:53pm On Mar 01
Autoworld1:
Please can any one help out, I got my visitor visa yesterday though and agent, the issue date is July 2024, he said we were attach to a program which is in July, have happen to any one before
Ask if it's conference
Who sent the passport for stamping?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Autoworld1: 9:55pm On Mar 01
Anguldi:

Ask if it's conference
Who sent the passport for stamping?
Yes its a conference
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01
Autoworld1:

Yes its a conference
Answer my second question?
It's obvious it's a scam. Don't balance up, collect login details and confirm. Don't believe any screen shot angry
Your Visa validity start from when you are issued. Use the brain inside your head.

#my2cents

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Autoworld1: 10:37pm On Mar 01
Anguldi:

Answer my second question?
It's obvious it's a scam. Don't balance up, collect login details and confirm. Don't believe any screen shot angry
Your Visa validity start from when you are issued. Use the brain inside your head.

#my2cents
It was an agent that did the visa, he is asking me to come and collect it and go and confirm the visa any place of my choice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 10:49pm On Mar 01
Oga tell him to give you your login details so u can confirm online
Autoworld1:
It was an agent that did the visa, he is asking me to come and collect it and go and confirm the visa any place of my choice

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 11:16pm On Mar 01
Autoworld1:

you mean the visa was issued in the futuegrin...canada visa are not postdated ..it issued on the day ur passport get to the embassy...better ask for ur ircc login data to confirm...agent are hot now as many people get desperate to japa ...shine ur face well!!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:25pm On Mar 01
Autoworld1:

Be it conference, tourist or whatever visa
Your issued date start from when the Canadian embassy stamped your vignette visa in your passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 11:28pm On Mar 01
Autoworld1:
So he paid passport collection fee out of his generous will Red flag 🚩🚩🚩
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 11:35pm On Mar 01
Pick your visa , the man who contracted an agent. Ensure he login in your presence so you can also see the timelines on the portal, until Passport Request. Until then. i reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Educhopper(m): 12:36am On Mar 02
Na scam. Run O. Unless you can check and confirm yourself with the log in. Else run oooo
Autoworld1:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inphoenix: 1:01am On Mar 02
Debbieeeeeee:

I wasn't referring to your wedding certificate; instead, I was highlighting instances where visa officers might give reasons unrelated to your application during a refusal. This underscores the variability among officers, some may overlook certain aspects, while others scrutinize more, and errors can occur in the process.
Some officers may overlook a certificate while some will probe further.

Regarding the guy whose marriage certificate is in question.

It's crucial to ensure legal accuracy in the presented information. However, the suggestion of obtaining a court sworn affidavit declaring divorce seems a plausible approach, as it aligns with the current circumstances. Balancing legal accuracy with practicality is essential, and legal guidance with appropriate persons will help him make informed decisions. That way there’s no misrepresentation of facts.

I was looking for the advice in all this turenchi... lawyers sha! grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:17am On Mar 02
Autoworld1:

It’s easy to verify. All you need to do is login to your account and see it with your own eyes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 5:48am On Mar 02
Ashirioluwa:

It’s easy to verify. All you need to do is login to your account and see it with your own eyes.
It's obvious Agent Boda Kola has collected his passport and is with the login details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: KlausMike(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.