Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2311015 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 7:26pm On Mar 10
slimmsyyetty:
All I can say is that you must really be strong for you to have decided to go back despite having a lot of opportunities TO *LEGALIZED* YOUR STAY, which I must commend it's a big risk🙌. As tough as I believe as I am, there are somethings I can't risk grin....except by DIVINE INSTRUCTION with serious conviction😁

Sometimes, I do tell my old parents their generation put us in this mess because they refused to do the needful.....protest or riot for the sake of their children to enable them have a better tomorrow. Instead they all PROCREATED grin and kept saying Nigeria would be better till we got to this point, thereby letting us witness a failed government where we will have to struggle. God will have to come to your aid if you weren't born with a silver spoon😁. Meanwhile, these are the two LEGAL ways of surviving in Nigeria....either you were born with a silver spoon or you have a divine(God) backup cheesy

I find it crazy that my old parents don't have any benefits from the government of Nigeria after tax deduction from their active years as workers. I mean not even one single benefit. No monthly allowance, no free medical or what would cost the government to give them a free transportation even if it is limited for a certain time every month. No subsidy for them as senior citizens. How about infants and little children? What benefits are they getting from the government?
Mehn...my experience abroad had made me given up on Nigeria. Reason why all I could say in my previous comment was "AMEN" because discussing Nigeria issues break my heart like someone that was jilted...😒🤧

I feel you jare Nigerian government isn't reliable and sadly, a lot of gullible Nigerian youths always fall for their lies and propaganda in every election and vote them into power. Things have never been this bad economically and I believe they'd learn in a hard way, why you must not apply sentiments or bigotry in the choice of a leader. I don't pity them at all when they're shouting ebi npawon. Ebi o tii de rara. Sorry if you don't understand the meaning grin

It doesn't happen in the advanced world where they always want to japa to and that's why they keep getting better . You must merit that position you're occupying before people would vote you, irrespective of your race , religion or ethnicity.

That said, na God's backing I receive oo. Who wan dash me silver spoon lol. To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubaiboy1: 7:57pm On Mar 10
slimmsyyetty:
All I can say is that you must really be strong for you to have decided to go back despite having a lot of opportunities TO *LEGALIZED* YOUR STAY, which I must commend it's a big risk🙌. As tough as I believe as I am, there are somethings I can't risk grin....except by DIVINE INSTRUCTION with serious conviction😁

Sometimes, I do tell my old parents their generation put us in this mess because they refused to do the needful.....protest or riot for the sake of their children to enable them have a better tomorrow. Instead they all PROCREATED grin and kept saying Nigeria would be better till we got to this point, thereby letting us witness a failed government where we will have to struggle. God will have to come to your aid if you weren't born with a silver spoon😁. Meanwhile, these are the two LEGAL ways of surviving in Nigeria....either you were born with a silver spoon or you have a divine(God) backup cheesy

I find it crazy that my old parents don't have any benefits from the government of Nigeria after tax deduction from their active years as workers. I mean not even one single benefit. No monthly allowance, no free medical or what would cost the government to give them a free transportation even if it is limited for a certain time every month. No subsidy for them as senior citizens. How about infants and little children? What benefits are they getting from the government?
Mehn...my experience abroad had made me given up on Nigeria. Reason why all I could say in my previous comment was "AMEN" because discussing Nigeria issues break my heart like someone that was jilted...😒🤧

You've said it all with your old parents as an example .. It's crazy and let's all be realistic , the earlier we realize that as a Nigerian, we are on our own , the better .. No savior will come to our rescue ... Nigeria will be better, Nigeria will be better is all We've been hearing for decades ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 9:05pm On Mar 10
Okuku yemi, baba mi grin . But the bitter truth is that tribalism and religious bigotry can't make Nigeria work in unity anymore. Our selfish leaders have successfully used that as a yardstick to cause division and these two (tribal and religious differences) have eaten deep among the youths

To God be the glory for his mercy upon my life, too🙏. His mercy kept me this far and I am a living testimony 🙌

Eriokanmi:
I feel you jare Nigerian government isn't reliable and sadly, a lot of gullible Nigerian youths always fall for their lies and propaganda in every election and vote them into power. Things have never been this bad economically and I believe they'd learn in a hard way, why you must not apply sentiments or bigotry in the choice of a leader. I don't pity them at all when they're shouting ebi npawon. Ebi o tii de rara. Sorry if you don't understand the meaning grin

It doesn't happen in the advanced world where they always want to japa to and that's why they keep getting better . You must merit that position you're occupying before people would vote you, irrespective of your race , religion or ethnicity.

That said, na God's backing I receive oo. Who wan dash me silver spoon lol. To God be the glory.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 9:43pm On Mar 10
As in.....you get it, my brother.

Reason why Nigerians do the unimaginable and break records(either positively or negatively) among other African nationalities anywhere because we are born into this reality that we have no savior. We aren't born to live but to struggle for survival because our parents used "ego better born us grin "

Are you aware Nigerians are the highest asylum applicants in Canada in the whole of African nationalities? That's part of the record breaker I am talking about grin

dubaiboy1:

You've said it all with your old parents as an example .. It's crazy and let's all be realistic , the better we realize that as a Nigerian, we are on our own , no savior will come to our rescue ... Nigeria will be better, Nigeria will be better is all We've been hearing for decades ...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djDixon(m): 10:38pm On Mar 10
Good evening nairalanders. Im currently applying for canada visit visa as a tourist, prior before now, i have had UK Multiple entry visit visa, Where i made my first visit in June 2019 and returned after a month. My second visit was December 2019 during covid-19 insurgent where i only visited my younger sister for her graduation , covid19 insurgent caused me to over stay my visit visa because there were no airlifting as at that time .airports were shut down Until October 2020 and then i returned to Nigeria.
July 2021, i made a fresh application for another Uk visit visa but got refused for the below reason “ The decision
Your application for permission to enter/entry clearance is refused under paragraph 9.8.1
of Part 9 of the Immigration Rules because you have previously breached immigration
laws and have applied during the time period specified in paragraph 9.8.7 of Part 9.
Home Office records show that you previously overstayed on a visit visa that expired on
18th January 2020 and left the UK voluntarily at your own expense on 24th October 2020.
You therefore overstayed by 10 months and 6 days. Therefore, any application made
before 24th October 2021 which falls to be considered by reference to Part 9 of the
Immigration Rules will be refused.
It is therefore mandatory to refuse your application.”

My Concern: Now that my UK ban as expired, is it safe to include in my canada application that i have already been refused a UK VISA,?
if yes, considering my reason for refusal would it not have a negative effect on my application ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 11:04pm On Mar 10
djDixon:
Good evening nairalanders. Im currently applying for canada visit visa as a tourist, prior before now, i have had UK Multiple entry visit visa, Where i made my first visit in June 2019 and returned after a month. My second visit was December 2019 during covid-19 insurgent where i only visited my younger sister for her graduation , covid19 insurgent caused me to over stay my visit visa because there were no airlifting as at that time .airports were shut down Until October 2020 and then i returned to Nigeria.
July 2021, i made a fresh application for another Uk visit visa but got refused for the below reason “ The decision
Your application for permission to enter/entry clearance is refused under paragraph 9.8.1
of Part 9 of the Immigration Rules because you have previously breached immigration
laws and have applied during the time period specified in paragraph 9.8.7 of Part 9.
Home Office records show that you previously overstayed on a visit visa that expired on
18th January 2020 and left the UK voluntarily at your own expense on 24th October 2020.
You therefore overstayed by 10 months and 6 days. Therefore, any application made
before 24th October 2021 which falls to be considered by reference to Part 9 of the
Immigration Rules will be refused.
It is therefore mandatory to refuse your application.”

My Concern: Now that my UK ban as expired, is it safe to include in my canada application that i have already been refused a UK VISA,?
if yes, considering my reason for refusal would it not have a negative effect on my application ??
Regarding this your Uk refusal, send me a dm , my mom was also stuck in the Uk during this period. I will tell you what she did, she wasn’t refused although it took time for them to revert on the application(about 6 weeks) she had renewed 2 years twice now after this covid issue.
You need to challenge this decision so it can be taken off your UKVI record.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lynoverse(m): 9:09am On Mar 11
How many days will I get my passport back after requesting to submit it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lollyloly(f): 9:54am On Mar 11
lollyloly:
Good day everyone. Please like how much can one submit for statement of account for a family of 3 and how long will the money stay in the account

Can anyone help with this please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lynoverse(m): 11:51am On Mar 11
Please how long does it take Lagos VAC to stamp and return passport after it has been submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 1:07pm On Mar 11
Please is there any november applicants that got a decision already, kindly let's know 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cjnick: 1:45pm On Mar 11
Greetings.
IRCC requested for my medical on the 24th February. I uploaded it and today it shows updated (Medical exam passed).
Eligible and background check is still on process.
I’m worried and curious. Who has been in my shoes before?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 3:03pm On Mar 11
Cjnick:
Greetings.
IRCC requested for my medical on the 24th February. I uploaded it and today it shows updated (Medical exam passed).
PPR soonest

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cjnick: 3:46pm On Mar 11
id4sho:

PPR soonest
Amen 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Azalea97: 3:50pm On Mar 11
Cjnick:
Greetings.
Pls is the medicals for TRV or PR? Never heard of IRCC requesting medicals for TRV.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 4:04pm On Mar 11
Did my biometrics September 15th 2023 but haven't heard anything.. is anything the problem pls??

Thinking of cancelling the application and go for something else.. any advice on that pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cjnick: 5:00pm On Mar 11
Azalea97:

Pls is the medicals for TRV or PR? Never heard of IRCC requesting medicals for TRV.

It’s for work visa.
SOWP
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 5:31pm On Mar 11
Paulo01:
Did my biometrics September 15th 2023 but haven't heard anything.. is anything the problem pls??

Thinking of cancelling the application and go for something else.. any advice on that pls

Relax,b4 this month runs out, they are on September Applications already.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 6:05pm On Mar 11
DigitalearningP:
HEY GUYS,

FOR ALL INFORMATION ABOUT WORK PERMIT, VISA VISITOR, RESIDENCE PERMIT

CLICK THIS LINK : https://workandstudyblog.com/

Of what benefits?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 6:15pm On Mar 11
dafeoroyo:

Relax,b4 this month runs out, they are on September Applications already.

Oh thanks Boss.. Appreciate
JAH blessings 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 9:18pm On Mar 11
I got hold of these two notes and I decided to save it to justify what I said earlier that your POF is sufficient, but because you didn't submit convincing docs on how you acquired this fund brought about your denial based on financial instability. They look beyond our closing balance(lump sum).

Again, when you have an OVERALL GOOD CASH FLOW, lump sum (with explanation on how it was acquired) is easily convinced to accept, provided you submit additional docs that shows how you acquired your income beyond CAC Certificate alone. How could someone who hardly had 1 million naira transaction or more within 6 months on his/her account statement suddenly had a lump sum of 15M or more? They will of course, know that it is for a demonstration purpose.

I wish you all the best

Shalom

showbaba19:
Slimmsyyerty pls I need to have a chat with you concerning my application, I submitted my visiting application on September 10, 2023 and I got a reply on March 7, that I have been refused, pls I need your kind advice and the necessary documents to provide because I want to reapply, thanks

slimmsyyetty:
I am sincerely sorry for my late response 🙏

Your POF is sufficient but unfortunately Canada government looks far beyond your account statement ALONE. It's not just funding your account with millions. There are so many things you need to do to show how legitimately you earn your income, aside other factors like family ties, among many others before you can be considered admissible. IRCC doesn't give a damn about our BILLIONS if we can't show them how we earn it, LEGITIMATELY

Firstly, how old is your CAC Certificate even though you might have been working for 10 years? Is it still active when IRCC carries out online search on your company. Do you file your annual returns because that is what would make it active? Aside these, you need to show them proof that your company is ACTIVE, RUNNING, FUNCTIONAL, and the CAC Certificate isn't just for demonstration purpose. How then can you show this? Through tax income clearance, business invoices (plus receipts) AND A GOOD CASH FLOW. Lump sum deposit with detailed explanation and evidences on how it was acquired is easily convinced to accept when you have a very good cash flow( credit and debit flows) steadily running on your account, already. But when you hardly run your account or you run it a lot with a few thousand or the narrative on the account statement for which the money was debited or deposited isn't business related that much on the overall POF - then lump sum may not EASILY WORK. This is where some people missed it...

Please, never blame yourself because you were unaware of so many things as regards to this. Now that you have a lot of information at your disposal, sail your ship again and REFIRE!!!

Make sure your CAC is active(i.e. if it is inactive). Get business invoices (customized with your company's name, logo and office address) and submit about 5-6 copies with different dates and months. Let the name, date and amount on the invoice tally with the date, name and amount that would be credited in your account. If you get a receipt of anything (that is business related), ensure the amount on the receipt correspond to the amount that would be debited from your account. So while writing your LOE under your employment status narrative, you make reference to them.
** make sure your tax income clearance is directly proportional to the income you claim your business generates *** You can't submit a tax clearance of 50k for an account that generated a lot of millions within six months alone.
**If you care, as a self employed applicant, you may attach a sworn affidavit of income declaration**
**In your LOE, write a detailed itinerary tour plan. Briefly explain your purpose of going and the benefits. Indicate the date you will arrive, where you would stay(name of hotel if you weren't invited) and where you would visit each day of your stay. In fact, indicate a day to shop for your wife, children and parents to gifts them this item when you return home. Indicate the day you would depart Canada.
**Book for a hotel but don't pay. Make sure the date from your arrival to departure on your application form and LOE correspond to your hotel booking. Be strategic and let your hotel be within where you would mostly tour. For instance, if you are touring Niagara, let your hotel be near Niagara. There are some hotels that would charge you $1 on your dollar card to keep your booking till you cancel despite indicating you are paying on your arrival. Never mind if a decision didn't arrive before your intended travel date. IRCC knows that one is beyond your control. The essence is just to show a correlation on your travel dates REPEATEDLY- in your application form, as explained in your LOE and the evidence on your hotel booking.

**For your landed doc, submit the deed of assignment that legalized your ownership and submit the current market value( current worth)**
**Do you have a valuable car(not 30 years old model)? If yes, submit your proof of car ownership.

**Family tie shouldn't be neglected, too.

I wish you success

Shalom

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Periwinkle(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11
As a silent reader it is time to give back.
Got my PPR today (wifey&son included)
Timeline
Application: 10 Oct, 2023
Biometrics: 13 Oct, 2023
PPR: 11 Mar, 2024
Had previous travel history to U.K., U.S, UAE, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, etc

To God alone be all the glory!! Appreciate the information and camaraderie here. For those expectant God will do it in his time!!

12 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Educhopper(m): 11:07pm On Mar 11
Typical Naija Mentality!!!
Money is not a problem!!!
Nobody cares!
The waiting time indicated by IRCC isn't only for the poor people. It's a general thing. This and many reasons alike are reasons Naija no fit better cos we think we are above the law because of small or large monies at our disposal. Reason our country is highly corrupt. Shalom!!!
anid54:
Good evening from here all,

Money is not a challenge is there a way I can get this visitor visa on time at all cost? If no when can I be expecting a decision ?

Review of medical results
March 4, 2024 You passed the medical exam.

Biometrics
February 18, 2024 Completed. Looks like they used my old biometric that I did in 2015.

Biometrics Collection Letter February 19, 2024 February 20, 2024
Client Application Summary February 17, 2024 February 18, 2024
Submission Confirmation February 16, 2024 February 16, 2024
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission February 16, 2024 February 16, 2024

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 12:28am On Mar 12
anid54:
Good evening from here all,

Money is not a challenge is there a way I can get this visitor visa on time at all cost? If no when can I be expecting a decision ?

Review of medical results
March 4, 2024 You passed the medical exam.

Biometrics
February 18, 2024 Completed. Looks like they used my old biometric that I did in 2015.

Biometrics Collection Letter February 19, 2024 February 20, 2024
Client Application Summary February 17, 2024 February 18, 2024
Submission Confirmation February 16, 2024 February 16, 2024
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission February 16, 2024 February 16, 2024

Madam,If you're wealthy and don't want to apply for a Canadian visa, you can gain citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, or St. Vincent and the Grenadines through a $250,000 non-refundable investment and you will be issued a passport . This is a strategy employed by some wealthy Nigerians to avoid visa to many western country include uk and canada. But not cheap that about 450million naira smiley

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 2:13am On Mar 12
orjohn24:

You back again Unfortunately, you have a case with IRCC and police may likely be invloved too. You can change your profile many times after ur last ban, but soon you will understand you're dealing with an advanced technology country. You're the person who arrived in Canada from Abuja with a sports visa via corrupt officials at the ministry in Nigeria. Then, you made a fake asylum case and created a WhatsApp group where you encouraged people to make fake asylum claims and advised on how to source fake documents. Your case will be a lesson for many people, reminding us to be aware of what we post online and the internet never forget !!

Good suggestion, since she claims she's financially buoyant.

@anid54
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamDozzy(m): 11:44am On Mar 12
Please do I need to add supporting documents in my application? I have a valid US VISA (used)

But I can see optional supporting documents. Does it change anything ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 1:34pm On Mar 12
iamDozzy:
Please do I need to add supporting documents in my application? I have a valid US VISA (used)

But I can see optional supporting documents. Does it change anything ?
You can add to strengthen your application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lastkingsman: 2:44pm On Mar 12
orjohn24:

Madam,If you're wealthy and don't want to apply for a Canadian visa, you can gain citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, or St. Vincent and the Grenadines through a $250,000 non-refundable investment and you will be issued a passport . This is a strategy employed by some wealthy Nigerians to avoid visa to many western country include uk and canada. But not cheap that about 450million naira smiley

If I were in the Senate now, I would have used the 500 million naira that was recently shared for budget padding to acquire this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SoteriaMo: 7:52pm On Mar 12
Please does anyone know or can you please direct me to where to find Info about all the requirements and documents for Passport submission after PPR. This is for visiting visa and embassy is Lagos. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Azalea97: 9:42pm On Mar 12
SoteriaMo:
Please does anyone know or can you please direct me to where to find Info about all the requirements and documents for Passport submission after PPR. This is for visiting visa and embassy is Lagos. Thank you
Congrats on your PPR 🎉 If you don’t mind me asking, When did you apply and when did you receive PPR??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetkev(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12
lastkingsman:

If I were in the Senate now, I would have used the 500 million naira that was recently shared for budget padding to acquire this
It won't be a wise decision. As a senator, you can travel round the world.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SoteriaMo: 11:17pm On Mar 12
Oh for sure.

This visa is for my parents. Their application was submitted in September 2023, biometrics done in October, and approval came here in March 2024. That's 6 months. The Lagos Embassy processed their applications. I did send webforms in between. Not sure if that mattered cos looks like they took their time anyway!

Azalea97:

Congrats on your PPR 🎉 If you don’t mind me asking, When did you apply and when did you receive PPR??

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: wencius4u and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.