Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2340703 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 10:49pm On Mar 06
slimmsyyetty:
The Lord is good!!! For someone very dear to me, about 30mins ago, the EAGLE LANDED for a tourist visa approval....

Date Submitted: 6th September, 2023

PPR and BVL: 6th March, 2024

POF: 16.5M

Documents submitted: COUNTLESS

The applicant is single and self employed. Considering this risk, we submitted every document that we know could solidify our ground for approval. We weren't asking for updates but rather, we were raising webform to submit additional docs that we deem fit, even to this year.

My purpose majorly for being here is to get updates of timeline from various applicants, and now THE LORD HAS DONE IT🙏🙏💃💃

Above all, God is worthy of our praise🤲

To everyone that is expectant, I wish you a successful approval.

Shalom!!!

Did you later send Webforms?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Superwoman1101: 1:13am On Mar 07
Good day everyone, I submitted my Canada visit visa in October with my husband which I havnt gotten a response. I applied for a normal visit visa before I found out I was even pregnant and before then I had a USA visa interview appointment which I booked over a year ago even before I dreamt of getting pregnant. This week was the interview, obviously pregnant and I declared I wanted to have my baby in the USA which I was refused. My question is please will this in anyway affect the outcome of my Canadian application considering that they share information, that is if the Canadian go reads the note that I am pregnant, thank you as you reply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigkenny: 1:50am On Mar 07
Superwoman1101:
Good day everyone, I submitted my Canada visit visa in October with my husband which I havnt gotten a response. I applied for a normal visit visa before I found out I was even pregnant and before then I had a USA visa interview appointment which I booked over a year ago even before I dreamt of getting pregnant. This week was the interview, obviously pregnant and I declared I wanted to have my baby in the USA which I was refused. My question is please will this in anyway affect the outcome of my Canadian application considering that they share information , thank you as you reply

I don't think so because the US visa refusal happened after you had submitted your Canadian visa application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Thankful11011: 6:57am On Mar 07
Bigkenny:

I don't think so because the US visa refusal happened after you had submitted your Canadian visa application.

Yes I know, I'm more concerned if the usa vo's note of me going to have a baby will affect my canadian application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 7:15am On Mar 07
Thankful11011:

Yes I know, I'm more concerned if the usa vo's note of me going to have a baby will affect my canadian application

Canada has not shown signs of tightening restrictions on childbirth; there haven't been reports of refusals post-childbirth. At least I’ve not seen or heard of anyone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:16am On Mar 07
**IN MY HUMBLE OPINION**

I believe when the VO sees the time you submitted your VV application to when you received your US denial, he/she would know it wasn't an intentional omission. However, why not raise a webform to tell them this recent update(a strategic way to show you are transparent even though the VO would still know about your pregnancy because they share database). As a married woman, anything could have happened from the time you submitted your application, or what do they expect, use duvet to warm yourself 🙄?

Something similar happened before our approval came in yesterday(though not pregnancy related). When I got this info, even though I am very much aware the VO should note the difference in date and not consider it a misrepresentation, I strategically raised a webform in a compassionate way to make the VO see the FULL TRANSPARENCY on that application. To me I consider it a game. I believe (in my head) that as long as other info are accurate, let's use this transparency in disclosure of the recent denial to gain the VO's trust on the rest of the info we filled in the application.

And please don't get me wrong. I am not justifying our approval on this approach because so many docs were submitted during application and as webform. We were just being strategic!!!

For the sake of our SUPERBABY😘(as a superwoman you are grin), here's the exact format of the webform I drafted on this regard

SUBJECT: UPDATE ON MY VISIT VISA APPLICATION

Dear Visa Officer,

I hope this letter finds you in good health

I am writing to humbly provide you with an important update regarding my visa application history.

On (write the date you received the US denial), I received a rejection for my US visa application to the United States, and I believe it is essential to bring this matter to your attention due to the submission of a visit visa application before my US application denial.

In my visit visa application, I had indicated that I had not been denied a US visa before. However, the recent denial of my US visa application on (write the date again) means that my previous response is no longer accurate. I sincerely bring this update to your notification, as I understand the importance of
providing accurate and truthful information.

I want to assure you that this was not an intentional omission or misrepresentation to mislead or withold
information to the Consulate. I already submitted my visit visa application before I received a denial decision for my US visa application.

kindly request that you take this update into account when reviewing my visit visa application. I understand the significance of full and transparent disclosure in visa applications, and I am eager to rectify this situation to ensure the accuracy and completeness of my application

Thank you for your understanding, compassion and consideration of this matter. I appreciate your time
and attention to my application

Sincerely,(SUPERBABY😘😘)

**If only your husband didn't apply with you to use him as your family tie...😒**

But nonetheless, I wish you a successful approval

Shalom!!!

Superwoman1101:
Good day everyone, I submitted my Canada visit visa in October with my husband which I havnt gotten a response. I applied for a normal visit visa before I found out I was even pregnant and before then I had a USA visa interview appointment which I booked over a year ago even before I dreamt of getting pregnant. This week was the interview, obviously pregnant and I declared I wanted to have my baby in the USA which I was refused. My question is please will this in anyway affect the outcome of my Canadian application considering that they share information, that is if the Canadian go reads the note that I am pregnant, thank you as you reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:45am On Mar 07
About two to five pages away, a lady shared her second approval timeline here.

She said she was given just a six month visa on her first application and she gave birth in Canada within that period. What I don't know is if she declared she was going to give birth or her approval came before pregnancy or how she even went about it.

Please, check the last 5 pages to read the post on the accuracy of this issue.

Another concern is POF😒. If the VO is now aware of your pregnancy through the info gotten from US database, would the POF be enough to get you through birth and post birth expenses and bills? THIS IS SO VITAL....

Thankful11011:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:47am On Mar 07
Thank you jare!!!
Na person wey where shoe no where the shoe dey pinch am😂😂😂 so why we no go bombard dem with docs grin

Anguldi:

Congratulations ma'am. I love your countless and additional documents through webform cheesy. Keep the fire burning🔥, Bless up 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:54am On Mar 07
The applicant already had an existing biometric info.

And yes, webform was raised to submit additional document(sss) we feel can make the application very strong

Shalom!!!

Chisomwo:

Congratulations 🎉 please when did u go for biometric

Xchimaaa:

Please when did you do your biometrics

Paulo01:

Did you later send Webforms?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:55am On Mar 07
Thankful11011:

Madam, stop being worried. The US and Canada don't share this type of information.

Both countries share information relating to applicants' identities and determine which applicants are potential security threats early in the application process before they enter either country.

Also, they share information as to whether an applicant has previously been refused a visa or removed from either Canada or the US.

@superwoman1101

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 9:07am On Mar 07
Pls let's learn to always respond to quotes/questions here thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Superwoman1101: 9:13am On Mar 07
Ashirioluwa:

Madam, stop being worried. The US and Canada don't share this type of information.

Both countries share information relating to applicants' identities and determine which applicants are potential security threats early in the application process before they enter either country.

Also, they share information as to whether an applicant has previously been refused a visa or removed from either Canada or the US.

@superwoman1101

Thank you very much , fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debo4life: 10:29am On Mar 07
Her recent appearance at the US embassy would certainly reveal that she is pregnant by the time her Canada application would be reviewed. US and Canada also share informations on GROUND OF INADMISSIBLITY aside the ones you listed, among many others

They would of course, share reasons why they considered an applicant inadmissible in their country.

She shouldn't worry on this as long as it is obvious on her application that she isn't a threat to their health system unlike how Nigerians would go to the US, give birth and find it difficult paying medical bills.

Ashirioluwa:

@superwoman1101
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debo4life: 11:20am On Mar 07
The reviewing officer would know the reason why US considered her inadmissible in their country, whether with POF or not. They share informations greatly. But showing sufficient fund at the time of application could help if she isn't seen as a threat to their health system as Nigerians abused the US healthcare, and if the reviewing officer is also satisfied that she would return.

She should just relax and not create tension on herself because of her gestational state.

slimmsyyetty:

She said she was given just a six month visa on her first application and she gave birth in Canada within that period. What I don't know is if she declared she was going to give birth or her approval came before pregnancy or how she even went about it.

Another concern is POF😒. If the VO is now aware of your pregnancy through the info gotten from US database, would the POF be enough to get you through birth and post birth expenses and bills? THIS IS SO VITAL....

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 11:57am On Mar 07
Finally God did it.

Application was submitted on 3rd September 2023.
Biometrics 9th September 2023
Passport request 2hrs ago.

No travel history. Pof of 15k cad.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanima770: 12:14pm On Mar 07
Madukachase:
Finally God did it.

You are a student in Canada and finally ur wife got visa to reunite with you .Thank God ..Am very happy for you...congratulations to ur family!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 12:56pm On Mar 07
Thank you
sanima770:

You are a student in Canada and finally ur wife got visa to reunite with you .Thank God ..Am very happy for you...congratulations to ur family!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Superwoman1101: 1:14pm On Mar 07
slimmsyyetty:

Thank you, our proof of funds was 28 million Naira when we applied . Also my usa visa was denied on the ground that there is a US law that now prohibits pregnant women from going to give birth for the sole purpose of citizenship, I told d vo that there is an exception to the rule if I had a medical condition and I can afford it, she asked for the doctor's report and after going through it she said she wanted more like the doctor should have referred me to a doctor in the usa, told her I had a doctor in the usa who has ac epted me but not referred by my doctor in Nigeria, moreover our government also prohibits doctors to refer patients abroad, she explained the law further to my husband n I and why her hands were tied, she asked if I tried somewhere else, I said no because I had given birth to my 2 kids in the usa previously so it was natural for me to gravitate towards d usa, at some point she asked me again and I gave the same answer, thinking about it after I left, she might have been asking about my Canada application but at the time of the interview I wasn't thinking straight moreover at the time of my application my plans where solely to visit canada and not to go have a baby which wasn't declared in my application , maybe I should have said Canada I don't know
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Superwoman1101: 1:17pm On Mar 07
Madukachase:
Finally God did it.

Congratss

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 1:44pm On Mar 07
Madukachase:
Finally God did it.

Congratulations, can you see now that i know what i am saying and that i speak based on antecedents not just a mere imagination, i said your application will be approved, but one over sabi antagonist on this platform that just manage to submit visiting visa application and turn himself/herself to an application instructor without knowing anything was saying otherwise

Ooh,na that yeye orjohn24

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 2:32pm On Mar 07
Superwoman1101:

Thank you, our proof of funds was 28 million Naira when we applied . Also my usa visa was denied on the ground that there is a US law that now prohibits pregnant women from going to give birth for the sole purpose of citizenship, I told d vo that there is an exception to the rule if I had a medical condition and I can afford it, she asked for the doctor's report and after going through it she said she wanted more like the doctor should have referred me to a doctor in the usa, told her I had a doctor in the usa who has ac epted me but not referred by my doctor in Nigeria, moreover our government also prohibits doctors to refer patients abroad, she explained the law further to my husband n I and why her hands were tied, she asked if I tried somewhere else, I said no because I had given birth to my 2 kids in the usa previously so it was natural for me to gravitate towards d usa, at some point she asked me again and I gave the same answer, thinking about it after I left, she might have been asking about my Canada application but at the time of the interview I wasn't thinking straight moreover at the time of my application my plans where solely to visit canada and not to go have a baby which wasn't declared in my application , maybe I should have said Canada I don't know

Firstly, if you had your previous two children in the USA on a B1/B2 visa, why would you need an interview again to secure a new visa instead of using the dropbox option? Moreover, your previous USA visa should surely enhance your chances of obtaining a Canadian visa. The Canadian visa officer will compare the date you applied with the date your USA visa was refused. Some officers might still send you a procedural fairness letter to explain this, noting that you have not violated any regulations. Indeed, some people are refused entry to the USA and still obtain a Canadian visa. Therefore, your USA visa refusal under Section 214(b) is not a ban; it simply means you were refused without having committed any crime. So, just relax, pray, and hope you get the Canadian visa approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BossFingy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07
I did my biometrics on Sept 28 but i realized today that my agent filled that i have never been denied a u.s visa not knowing i have been denied a u.s visa 6 years ago...please can i still rise a webform to notify them about it? Is it too late to do so now.. if really i can, can something lile this be okay? Dear Visa Officer,

I hope this letter finds you in good health,

I am writing to inform you about a mistake I made on my previous visa application for the United States. Several years ago, I omitted to mention that I had been denied a U.S. visa in the past some time around 2018

I realize now that this was a serious oversight on my part and I deeply regret not being forthcoming about this information. I understand the importance of being honest and transparent in the visa application process, and I want to assure you that I am committed to abiding by all immigration laws and regulations.

I sincerely apologize for this oversight and I assure you that it was not done with any intention to deceive. I hope that this mistake does not negatively impact my current application for a Canadian visa.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration
lakeside3020:

Congratulations, can you see now that i know what i am saying and that i speak based on antecedents not just a mere imagination, i said your application will be approved, but one over sabi antagonist on this platform that just manage to submit visiting visa application and turn himself/herself to an application instructor without knowing anything was saying otherwise

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 2:52pm On Mar 07
lakeside3020:

Hello, everybody. Once your visa passes the processing time, it's automatically approved. Our honorable visa officer on Nairaland (lakeside3020) has spoken so start getting ur ticket money ready and packing your bags . but for me l still disagree with that statement because l have seem people visa get approved and refused over or under processing time .. Thank you and Congratulation to the man reuniting with his wife upon the approval of her visasmiley

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:05pm On Mar 07
Most likely, the US visa officer must have seen you had already applied for a Canada visa was why you were asked twice on whether you have tried somewhere else, but please, never blame yourself on the outcome because you thought you weren't thinking straight. Pregnancy hormone could have its impact. Rather, cast all to God and ask for favor at the point of your Canada visa application review.

Please permit me to say this in my own opinion with your little narration... based on the 28M POF(naira devaluation impact) and birthing plans, ''if" you are going with your other children(despite their US citizenship) and husband, please, I would suggest you drop your two children and withdraw their application to make the POF a bit sustainable during review. Cost of flights for you and your husband isn't less than 5M aside all other cost( whether you were invited or you would all be lodging), much more birthing bills and expenses.

The VO might overlook birthing in Canada having seen that your children are US citizens and you all still reside in Nigeria(where some would have used the opportunity not to return), but the POF would have a role. The choice is still yours, though.

I wish you a successful approval

Shalom

Superwoman1101:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:10pm On Mar 07
Congratulations on your forthcoming reunion with your spouse......

Let more approvals begin to role in by God's grace 🙏

Madukachase:
Finally God did it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:29pm On Mar 07
Please, raise a webform fast, and God help you this update is quickly linked with your application for VO review before a final decision is made

A lenient VO would refuse such application for approval without any consequence while a harsh one could give a ban for intentional omission.

And in my own opinion, please, remove....."I hope this mistake does not negatively impact my current application for a Canadian visa"... and instead, write...." I kindly request that you take this update into account when reviewing my visit visa application. I
understand the significance of full and transparent disclosure in visa applications, and I am eager to
rectify this situation to ensure the accuracy and completeness of my application"

Also under your second paragraph, change the "Several years ago" to "While I was filling my visit visa application, I omitted to mention that......"

Shalom !!!

BossFingy:
I did my biometrics on Sept 28 but i realized today that my agent filled that i have never been denied a u.s visa not knowing i have been denied a u.s visa 6 years ago...please can i still rise a webform to notify them about it? Is it too late to do so now.. if really i can, can something lile this be okay? Dear Visa Officer,

I am writing to inform you about a mistake I made on my previous visa application for the United States. Several years ago, I omitted to mention that I had been denied a U.S. visa in the past some time around 2018

I realize now that this was a serious oversight on my part and I deeply regret not being forthcoming about this information. I understand the importance of being honest and transparent in the visa application process, and I want to assure you that I am committed to abiding by all immigration laws and regulations.

I sincerely apologize for this oversight and I assure you that it was not done with any intention to deceive. I hope that this mistake does not negatively impact my current application for a Canadian visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 3:29pm On Mar 07
Madukachase:
Finally God did it.

Congratulations
Mine is next in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 3:32pm On Mar 07
slimmsyyetty:
Most likely, the US visa officer must have seen you had already applied for a Canada visa was why you were asked twice on whether you have tried somewhere else, but please, never blame yourself on the outcome because you thought you weren't thinking straight. Pregnancy hormone could have its impact. Rather, cast all to God and ask for favor at the point of your Canada visa application review.

Please permit me to say this in my own opinion with your little narration... based on the 28M POF(naira devaluation impact) and birthing plans, ''if" you are going with your other children(despite their US citizenship) and husband, please, I would suggest you drop your two children and withdraw their application to make the POF a bit sustainable during review. Cost of flights for you and your husband isn't less than 5M aside all other cost( whether you were invited or you would all be lodging), much more birthing bills and expenses.

The VO might overlook birthing in Canada having seen that your children are US citizens and you all still resides in Nigeria(where some would have used the opportunity not to return), but the POF would have a role. The choice is still yours, though.

I wish you a successful approval

Shalom

Good point you made but what she applied is visa to visit canada as a tourist and not for birthing purpose as at when she applied even if she add her children to the application then 28m is still about 24000kcad as at today oanda exchange rate which is more than enough for 4 people for a few days tourist visit to canada..l think best option is just to hope for the best and wait visa officer decision becos withdrawing that application now and starting afresh the child could have been born even before a decision is reached .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 3:34pm On Mar 07
Hi,

I like the way you carefully worded it. It’s appealing.
It was an honest mistake, you should send it soon in my opinion.
Cheers

BossFingy:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 3:34pm On Mar 07
lakeside3020:

Yea you said it boss..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 4:06pm On Mar 07
Thank you. You are right. If it was for tourism, the money could fly for a family of 4, but her US interview has brought about a change on how the VO MIGHT review her application because of the expectant baby who was to be birth in the US(no more applicable) as seen on US database as the ground for inadmissibility

She has birth two kids in the US and she didn't use that to abscond but resides in Nigeria with her family....I trust God this should have a positive impact on her application because if she had wanted to run, she would have done that a long time ago.

It is true that she could have birth her baby before IRCC final decision, but what if a decision was made before approval, or what do you think? Even if she dropped the kids for the purpose of POF because of birthing plans, they still have nothing to loose as US citizens. They can fly as a whole family next time with their US citizenship.

Shalom

orjohn24:

Good point you made but what she applied is visa to visit canada as a tourist and not for birthing purpose as at when she applied even if she add her children to the application then 28m is still about 24000kcad as at today oanda exchange rate which is more than enough for 4 people for a few days tourist visit to canada..l think best option is just to hope for the best and wait visa officer decision becos withdrawing that application now and starting afresh the child could have been born even before a decision is reached .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by monopoly3072: 4:07pm On Mar 07
Hello guys, for POF, must the amount remain in the account for a period of 4-6 months as the case may be, before you submit the statement? Or you can just submit the statement that contains the said amount( lump sum addition excluded) regardless of how many months the money has been in the account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Mykbic, mamawa123, Raskytexas, Phyzoman(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.