Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325862 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:13pm On Mar 20
Eriokanmi:
Gbam! My long epistles were put up for such a reason as this grin. You can imagine several silent applicants who had fallen victim too. He/she who has ears, let him/her hear.

I don't know how best this applicant can package his application and the VO will be convinced. So sad! You're paying someone out of laziness, whom you can even lecture on visa application packaging, just because they told you they're an agent, lol. What a fraudulent arrangee. A Dr applicant who is an O'L holder in a real life, SMH!.

I know someone who can never enter America for the rest of his life again due to an agent's involvement in his application. He used a credit card which didn't belong to him to register a conference for the applicant and his visa was approved. On getting to POE at DC, the CBP called the conference organisers who said there was a fraudulent charge on the CC used and they've sent him several mails to provide a different card or pay by T/T but he didn't respond so, they deregistered him.

Meanwhile the email address the agent used to register belonged to the latter. He was receiving those mails but ignored them. The guy was arrested, put inside a cold cell for 2 days and deported.
The Applicant had gone to hire immigration lawyers recently, after several refusals . He had paid the lawyers heavily. Meanwhile this innocent man paid the agent the naira amount as agreed. But the eediot went and registered a conference for him with a card that didn't even belong to him. This happened nearly 2 decades ago.
After all that has been said and done, anyone who engages an agent because they don’t have the time to do their application themselves are on their own. Agents are largely known to fill conflicting information and earn people temporary or life bans.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Asigbonlusi: 1:16pm On Mar 20
Hello sir.. I want to ask if there won't be any implication if my wife gets pregnant before moving to Canada, with the purpose of gvn birth on visiting visa?

Canada has not shown signs of tightening restrictions on childbirth; there haven't been reports of refusals post-childbirth. At least I’ve not seen or heard of anyone.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TITILOLA88: 1:18pm On Mar 20
Hi,
You need a transit visa if your layover is in two European countries.
When will you be traveling with Air France?

MrBammy:
Hello fam, pls do I need a transit visa if I’m flying with Air France? What flight is safest without any headache? Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pekela: 1:46pm On Mar 20
slimmsyyetty:
How agents have destroyed so many lives!!!

But wait! as an O' level holder, so you also allowed someone to do such thing without thinking of the future consequences it might later toll on you....Do you know what it takes to be a medical doctor? I am not condemning you but i wish to tell you that you are an accomplice to this because you could have said NO, OUT RIGHTLY. This is an INTENTIONAL FORGERY!!!

And who said you wouldn't need to prove you are still a medical doctor after 12 years if you would like to use the informations you filled in your last application? Won't you submit your updated basic work docs and salary account? Have you never had any promotion since 12 years? On IRCC database, you are already a medical doctor. Now if they later get to know that everything was forged, the masquerade of 12 years ago with its ugly face will land you a ban

Shalom!!!

Thank you for your time, firstly it was the year of paper application without biometric .. I want to tell you that you do not need to submit your academic documents to apply for a visitor visa and in my case I have established registered business to prove my current job.

Although I appreciate your facts but everyone is here to get more information on some tricky situations not as if everyone whoo asks questions is a novice.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 2:16pm On Mar 20
Asigbonlusi:
[Hello sir, you sm1 can convert the visiting visa to any other legal form by writing IELTS?.. Can you explain better sir. I need your help on that area.

I am a Canadian permanent resident myself who arrived from Nigeria as a PR holder. I can confirm that the process is fast after you are nominated. The next step is to apply for permanent resident status and mostly within six months, if all your documents are completed, you will be granted the PR. It hurts my heart and I feel sad when I see young Nigerians in canada , even with master's degrees, claiming asylum based on greedy agent advice when all they need to do is take the IELTS and wait in the pool. I hope you will pursue your dreams and goals legally and responsibly.

You cannot convert visit visa to work visa with ielts..as ielts test score requirement belong to express entry category..you need lmia to convert visit visa to work visa.and lmia is extremely difficult now and l will not advice anybody to pay for lmia becos so many other stuff is invloved that thoes selling lmia will not tell u like not every job qualify for PR becos some seller will liar that after working 1 year you will get PR it not true, some seller do not even have job for you then you stranded with a closed work permit and no job ,even after geting lmia u can still be refused work permit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchee(f): 2:29pm On Mar 20
Hello House,
Please how does one go about accessing the platform to add additional documents after submitting your VV application. Also will want to know if uploading your valid UK visa (though not used yet) will help ones application. Will appreciate responses to these questions to help. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 2:35pm On Mar 20
uchee:
Hello House,
Please how does one go about accessing the platform to add additional documents after submitting your VV application. Also will want to know if uploading your valid UK visa (though not used yet) will help ones application. Will appreciate responses to these questions to help. thanks
You can use webform to add additional documents and you can add any documents that you feel will help your case.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=lagos&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

If you have a tracker account you can access webform from there

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Asigbonlusi: 2:40pm On Mar 20
[Okay.. Thank you sir]

You cannot convert visit visa to work visa with ielts..as ielts test score requirement belong to express entry category..you need lmia to convert visit visa to work visa.and lmia is extremely difficult now and l will not advice anybody to pay for lmia becos so many other stuff is invloved that thoes selling lmia will not tell u like not every job qualify for PR becos some seller will liar that after working 1 year you will get PR it not true, some seller do not even have job for you then you stranded with a closed work permit and no job ,even after geting lmia u can still be refused work permit.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 4:18pm On Mar 20
KingMack:

Thank you so much for this is there a way I can reach you please 🙏

My Gmail * erumehmalachi@gmail.com
Unfortunately, I don't accept DMs. If you have any concerns, let's bare it all here. We'll all advise as appropriate. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:54pm On Mar 20
damilola1978:
Sometimes I just feel IRCC are confused, on their website they mention TRV is handled by Kenya visa office, but of recent many people are noticing that the visa office handling their applications is actually Lagos

You’re correct, Lagos has been handling Nigerian applicants applying from Nigeria lately.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 6:19pm On Mar 20
Debbieeeeeee:

You’re correct, Lagos has been handling Nigerian applicants applying from Nigeria lately.
Very true. At times when people say Nairobi,I always get confused. TRV has always been processed by their Nigeria office. Each time I sent them mails on the status of my application, they had never referred me to Nairobi and it's same email address I've been using for nearly 10 years now. They'd definitely respond to me.

When I heard people talk Can Plus here, that as a usa visa holder, your application won't take long to process and I could also confirm this via people's testimonies here, I was worried at some point, why my application took longer, despite being in that category so, I mailed their Lagos office. I also filled a webform. I didn't even choose if I was applying from outside Canada or not and they responded that my application was being processed in their Lagos office in the mail i received, apart from the one sent by the IRCC to corroborate this.

A few days later, I received my PPR.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:53pm On Mar 20
Eriokanmi:
Very true. At times when people say Nairobi,I always get confused. TRV has always been processed by their Nigeria office. Each time I sent them mails on the status of my application, they had never referred me to Nairobi and it's same email address I've been using for nearly 10 years now. They'd definitely respond to me.

When I heard people talk Can Plus here, that as a usa visa holder, your application won't take long to process and I could also confirm this via people's testimonies here, I was worried at some point, why my application took longer, despite being in that category so I filled a webform. I didn't even choose if I was applying from outside Canada or not and they responded that my application was being processed in their Lagos office in the mail i received, apart from the one sent by the IRCC to corroborate this.

A few days later, I received my PPR.

My last visa was processed by Nairobi visa office, at a point it was Nairobi office processing people’s applications but lately it’s Lagos office processing applications. When Nairobi office was processing applications I used to wonder what Lagos embassy was doing that Nairobi office was now the one doing things on their behalf.
If I may ask when you got your PPR did it come together with BVL or apart.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 7:23pm On Mar 20
Debbieeeeeee:

My last visa was processed by Nairobi visa office, at a point it was Nairobi office processing people’s applications but lately it’s Lagos office processing applications. When Nairobi office was processing applications I used to wonder what Lagos embassy was doing that Nairobi office was now the one doing things on their behalf.
If I may ask when you got your PPR did it come together with BVL or apart.
Maybe the lagos office was overwhelmed at some point, which was why some applications were moved to Nairobi for processing . My TRV has always been processed by their lagos office since 2006 when we used to appear in person for document submission at their Anifowoshe Lagos Office as a boy, even till a decision was made on my application recently, still same office. I got to know through their responses to my mails.

There was a time ( I wouldn't know how true) that they said some Nigerian applications were moved to an Asian country to process. You know some unverified information you get on the Internet.

The BVL and PPR same day. I didn't check that mail for some time cos it wasn't my regular mail. I almost missed it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by smatadex(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20
Hello everyone, please can family of 4 (husband, wife and 2 kids) apply for tourist visa all at once, without travel history. If yes, how much can we budget. Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:43pm On Mar 20
smatadex:
Hello everyone, please can family of 4 (husband, wife and 2 kids) apply for tourist visa all at once, without travel history. If yes, how much can we budget. Thanks in advance

Yes, you can all apply if you have enough money in your account to show as proof of funds.

The budget for a trip depends on the following: 
-Flight tickets 
-Hotel accommodation 
-Feedings 
-Other expenses

With the way things are right now, you will need to budget between 8 and 10 million naira for your travel tickets for four of you.

Hotel accommodation will depend on the number of days you intend to stay there.

As per the family feeding, you can budget $100 per day.

Remember that you will need to back up the applications with documents that can prove you have home ties, like employment and family ties.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by piscesnow(f): 3:17am On Mar 21
Hello fam. I need advice. I'd appreciate responses or suggestions from anyone who might have gone through this or similar. My sister is expecting twins sometime in May. She is a single mother and would like to invite my cousin who is 28 years old and single through a visitors visa for 2 months to help with the babies.
1. Cousin is a fashion designer who doesn't have a travel history( just got a passport few weeks ago)
2. She doesn’t have money in her bank account as she is paid cash but has a fixed deposit of 550k
2. Cost of the trip would be borne by my sister.

Please what is the best way to proceed?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by smatadex(m): 5:18am On Mar 21
Thank you so much for your reply. Budget is 20-30m
Self employed (Auto dealer), so there is business to get back to here. Can that serve as home ties?

Ashirioluwa:

Yes, you can all apply if you have enough money in your account to show as proof of funds.

The budget for a trip depends on the following: 
-Flight tickets 
-Hotel accommodation 
-Feedings 
-Other expenses

With the way things are right now, you will need to budget between 8 and 10 million naira for your travel tickets for four of you.

Hotel accommodation will depend on the number of days you intend to stay there.

As per the family feeding, you can budget $100 per day.

Remember that you will need to back up the applications with documents that can prove you have home ties, like employment and family ties.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 6:20am On Mar 21
smatadex:
Thank you so much for your reply. Budget is 20-30m
Self employed (Auto dealer), so there is business to get back to here. Can that serve as home ties?

You need more than your job to prove strong home ties, especially in your own case, where you want to travel with your spouse and children.

Home ties are the connections that bind you to your home country, such as family, employment, and social ties.

The VO will want to know about your immediate family, like your
- Spouse and children.
- Parents and siblings.
- Any dependents or other family members relying on your support.

Include documents like
-Your marriage certificates
-Your children birth certificates
-Evidence of financial support for your family
-Evidence of property if you own any
-Your kids' academic record.
-Your spouse employment and financial records
-Family photos

Regarding the financial evidence, showing proof that you have more than double your estimated budget expenses in your account will show that you have strong financial ties.

This is simply my personal viewpoint. I'm neither an immigration agent nor an expert.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stimorcc: 7:22am On Mar 21
Am applying for a visit visa using a conference invitation letter, possibly 5 days Canadian stay. Can a Bank Statement of $3,500 about 5M naira be enough for POF?

I have other documents like family( marriage certificate), property, as well as a business certificate ownership, as poof of ties back home.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 7:47am On Mar 21
stimorcc:
Am applying for a visit visa using a conference invitation letter, possibly 5 days Canadian stay. Can a Bank Statement of $3,500 about 5M naira be enough for POF?

I have other documents like family( marriage certificate), property, as well as a business certificate ownership, as poof of ties back home.
Before submitting any bank statements, ask yourself, if airfare, hotel bills, feeding and conference fees( in case you've not paid) are taken from this account, will whatever that is left be enough for the running of your company, pay staff salary,overheads, etc sustainably, esp if your company or that of your employer will be responsible for sponsoring your trip.. If your answer is no, pls don't try it.

If its a savings or salary account you're presenting, after removing the expenses mentioned above, will the remaining be enough for family's regular upkeep? If your answer is no, please think twice.

Scrutinize your documents yourself, as if you're the VO before applying for any visa. It helps a lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stimorcc: 8:33am On Mar 21
Thanks alot For the information.

I haven't applied for the conference yet. I didn't intend to pay the travelling expenses such as conference, flight, and other expenses from the $3,500.
Am using a savings account though which I use for my business.
I have another account with a balance of about $4,000+ about 6M Naira which I intended for the travel expenses, but the account is not really that active unlike the one I use for business.

Will it be wise to transfer that fund to the most active account that will bring it to about $7,500 about 11M and present the Bank Statement as POF for the purpose of this trip.

Thanks.

Eriokanmi:
Before submitting any bank statements, ask yourself, if airfare, hotel bills, feeding and conference fees( in case you've not paid) are taken from this account, will whatever that is left be enough for the running of your company, pay staff salary,overheads, etc sustainably, esp if your company or that of your employer will be responsible for sponsoring your trip.. If your answer is no, pls don't try it.

If its a savings or salary account you're presenting, after removing the expenses mentioned above, will the remaining be enough for family's regular upkeep? If your answer is no, please think twice.

Scrutinize your documents yourself, as if you're the VO before applying for any visa. It helps a lot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:43am On Mar 21
Eriokanmi:

Good comment

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by smatadex(m): 9:13am On Mar 21
All documents listed here are available and more,
Children school fees receipt and academic record
Letter from children school
Sales receipts and invoice
Staff salaries payment proof
Marriage certificate
Children birth certificate
Family photos
Business registration ( both state and federal)
Property
Office payment receipts.

But my spouse just have a small business that operates from home, we don’t plan to use her bank transaction because it’s not that strong, I am the only sponsor for the whole trip, does that matter?

And thanks a lot for your advice
May God bless you and your family.

Ashirioluwa:

You need more than your job to prove strong home ties, especially in your own case, where you want to travel with your spouse and children.

Home ties are the connections that bind you to your home country, such as family, employment, and social ties.

- Spouse and children.
- Parents and siblings.

Include documents like
-Family photos

Regarding the financial evidence, showing proof that you have more than double your estimated budget expenses in your account will show that you have strong financial ties.

This is simply my personal viewpoint. I'm neither an immigration agent nor an expert.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:14am On Mar 21
stimorcc:
Thanks alot For the information.

I haven't applied for the conference yet. I didn't intend to pay the travelling expenses such as conference, flight, and other expenses from the $3,500.
Am using a savings account though which I use for my business.
I have another account with a balance of about $4,000+ about 6M Naira which I intended for the travel expenses, but the account is not really that active unlike the one I use for business.

Will it be wise to transfer that fund to the most active account that will bring it to about $7,500 about 11M and present the Bank Statement as POF for the purpose of this trip.

Thanks.

7,500usd is fine. It's also above 10,000CAD. I applied for my approved visa with 7,000usd. Since your other account is active, you may move the funds there and state the purpose in the appropriate column on the funds transfer form ( e.g, travel expenses for the proposed Canada trip).

Since it's an active account as you said, it's expected that more transactions will still take place.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KingMack(m): 10:11am On Mar 21
Eriokanmi:
Unfortunately, I don't accept DMs. If you have any concerns, let's bare it all here. We'll all advise as appropriate. Thanks

Okay thanks.. I'll be in touch

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stimorcc: 11:26am On Mar 21
Thanks so much. I appreciate this wonderful information. Am much enlighten with this explanation.

Eriokanmi:
7,500usd is fine. It's also above 10,000CAD. I applied for my approved visa with 7,000usd. Since your other account is active, you may move the funds there and state the purpose in the appropriate column on the funds transfer form ( e.g, travel expenses for the proposed Canada trip).

Since it's an active account as you said, it's expected that more transactions will still take place.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayciekey: 3:00pm On Mar 21
Hello everyone, please is it ok for the wife of a student (who has gotten Student Visa already but still in Nigeria) to apply for a visit visa on the grounds that she wants to be able to visit her husband when he begins his studies in Canada? The study period is 2 years.

Has anyone applied for visit visa in this situation successfully? Please I'd like to know your thoughts.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 5:43pm On Mar 21
[quote author=Ashirioluwa post=129030460]

- Spouse and children.
- Parents and siblings.

Include documents like
-Family photos

let him submit applications first for wife and last born, then, the following week he can submit for himself and the remaining child, same document, same bank account. my little abido Shaker

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 5:52pm On Mar 21
jayciekey:
Hello everyone, please is it ok for the wife of a student (who has gotten Student Visa already but still in Nigeria) to apply for a visit visa on the grounds that she wants to be able to visit her husband when he begins his studies in Canada? The study period is 2 years.

Has anyone applied for visit visa in this situation successfully? Please I'd like to know your thoughts.

You will need to exercise patience Aunty, let him get to Canada first and finish at least 6month to 1year first. Then you can now apply and write a strong SOP of you missing your husband greatly, they can consider based on this. My Little Abido Shaker
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wunmit202: 6:07pm On Mar 21
Please wil 14 million be okay for pof for 3 family. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeka123123: 9:54pm On Mar 21
wunmit202:
Please wil 14 million be okay for pof for 3 family. Thank you

Duration?

How well run an account?

Visit or Tourist?

What other proof of funds are available?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeka123123: 9:57pm On Mar 21
Proof of payment of salaries from personal account?

Won't that raise dust?

Why not your corporate account?

smatadex:
All documents listed here are available and more,
Children school fees receipt and academic record
Letter from children school
Sales receipts and invoice
Staff salaries payment proof
Marriage certificate
Children birth certificate
Family photos
Business registration ( both state and federal)
Property
Office payment receipts.

But my spouse just have a small business that operates from home, we don’t plan to use her bank transaction because it’s not that strong, I am the only sponsor for the whole trip, does that matter?

And thanks a lot for your advice
May God bless you and your family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.