Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2310809 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 2:54pm On Mar 16
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone.

I recently lost my elder sister who was residing in Canada after immigrating through the express entry route last year.

We are currently making arrangements for her burial, which will take place in Canada. What are the necessary steps for my family and I to attend the burial, and which visa should we apply for? Despite searching online, I haven't been able to find helpful information on this matter.

Kindly assist if you have any knowledge on this. Thank you.
So sorry about this. Please accept my condolences.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria96: 3:05pm On Mar 16
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone.

I recently lost my elder sister who was residing in Canada after immigrating through the express entry route last year.

We are currently making arrangements for her burial, which will take place in Canada. What are the necessary steps for my family and I to attend the burial, and which visa should we apply for? Despite searching online, I haven't been able to find helpful information on this matter.

its tourist/visit visa. No guarantees they will process it quickly as there is no priority option. Like someone said it’s best to attend virtually instead of paying funeral house thousands to hold the body. Sorry for your loss.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damilola1978: 3:46pm On Mar 16
My advise is, submit all applications for everyone using one profile account, maybe you can be the principal applicant and others people will be in your application. Most importantly Write a reason for travel letter stating the reason and the burial arrangements, also attach as much proof as possible. and request that  it would be nice if it can be expedited.

That way everyone gets the visa same time and you may be lucky, they may be compassionate and really expedite the visa approval process.

One last thing, if possible let the principal applicant be someone who has traveled to other countries especially US and has all the requirements to get a visa easily.

Kaymanz:
Good day everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 3:49pm On Mar 16
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone.

Sorry about your loss but you can still appply for visit visa and explain the need to attend the burial of ur sister. And after you submit your application also send a webform to ircc and explain the urgency to attend the burial.ircc do consider urgent cases like this for urgent visa processing it an emergency situation not created by ur fault. May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wemzack: 3:50pm On Mar 16
House34:

Sorry about your loss but you can still appply for visit visa and explain the need to attend the burial of ur sister. And after you submit your application also send a webform to ircc and explain the urgency to attend the burial.ircc do consider urgent cases like this for urgent visa processing it an emergency situation not created by ur fault. May her soul rest in peace.
Good afternoon my fellow nairalander and the knowledgeable in the house please enlight me on this matter I went for my biometric screening on February 23 of this year my application was on conference visa which suppose to come up on 27&28 of April this year and after 3 weeks they denied me please what could be my mistake or what did I suppose to do that I faill to do NOTE I submitted my conference invitation letter , my account is forty million naira,my personal asset is thirty million, but the VO said my financial situation and asset is not sufficient for my supposed trip, secondly he doesn't satisfied that I have legitimate business in Canada.please what is my mistake and what should I do because I want to re fired please you useful opinions and comments are welcome
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 4:04pm On Mar 16
wemzack:
Good afternoon my fellow nairalander and the knowledgeable in the house please enlight me on this matter I went for my biometric screening on February 23 of this year my application was on conference visa which suppose to come up on 27&28 of April this year and after 3 weeks they denied me please what could be my mistake or what did I suppose to do that I faill to do NOTE I submitted my conference invitation letter , my account is forty million naira,my personal asset is thirty million, but the VO said my financial situation and asset is not sufficient for my supposed trip, secondly he doesn't satisfied that I have legitimate business in Canada.please what is my mistake and what should I do because I want to re fired please you useful opinions and comments are welcome

Firstly,order ur gsms note and see the visa officer major concern probably the conference not even link to ur work, confrence route is under many focus too as it another route many use to arrive canada and stay illegally or claim asylum so you will need to proof beyond reasonable doubt that the conference is actually of benefit to u or ur business and you will return home after the conference.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16
wemzack:
Are you married? If yes, add the marriage certificate 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wemzack: 4:26pm On Mar 16
id4sho:

Are you married? If yes, add the marriage certificate 🙏
I add all those documents including family photo, my work photo Tin certificate ,CAC certificate, Land survey ,land agreement ,my property evaluation, certificate of similar conference that I have attended before, vehicle ownership e t.c
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 4:40pm On Mar 16
wemzack:
I add all those documents including family photo, my work photo Tin certificate ,CAC certificate, Land survey ,land agreement ,my property evaluation, certificate of similar conference that I have attended before, vehicle ownership e t.c
Did you have lump sum in your account? If yes, you need to explain source (sales, gift, earn)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wemzack: 4:46pm On Mar 16
House34:

Firstly,order ur gsms note and see the visa officer major concern probably the conference not even link to ur work, confrence route is under many focus too as it another route many use to arrive canada and stay illegally or claim asylum so you will need to proof beyond reasonable doubt that the conference is actually of benefit to u or ur business and you will return home after the conference.
sir I am in to real estate and property developer and I am going for a conference on Canadian property exhibition
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wemzack: 4:51pm On Mar 16
id4sho:

Did you have lump sum in your account? If yes, you need to explain source (sales, gift, earn)
heeen what I can say concerning that is that the money are in million like 2,5,4,3 million like that and I didn't specify in my account what those money are meant for , the client are just sending the money in my account without explaining
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 4:54pm On Mar 16
wemzack:
heeen what I can say concerning that is that the money are in million like 2,5,4,3 million like that and I didn't specify in my account what those money are meant for , the client are just sending the money in my account without explaining
You need to explain this !!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wemzack: 5:05pm On Mar 16
id4sho:

You need to explain this !!!
it was the second reason thais confusing me when VO said he doesn't satisfied that get legitimate business to do in Canada , having add my conference invitation letter, if it's only about financial reason I can still correct that but that second reason tired me oo or it doesn't mean I should just focus on my account
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jeffdaniel(m): 5:39pm On Mar 16
Good day everyone, we have started filling the Canada application forms online, using the new site, but when we got to the documents to submit section, the documents they're asking us to upload does not align with what we are applying for (Visitors visa). for example under employment, documents ask was for someone looking to work in Canada.
We got confused and thought may be we should use the old site, sine that one is straight forward.

Please, any idea why it's like that, and is it better to use the old or new site, any different? Thank you all for your responses 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubaiboy1: 7:09pm On Mar 16
Ignore that part where you were asked for employment letter from a Canada employer .

jeffdaniel:
Good day everyone, we have started filling the Canada application forms online, using the new site, but when we got to the documents to submit section, the documents they're asking us to upload does not align with what we are applying for (Visitors visa). for example under employment, documents ask was for someone looking to work in Canada.
We got confused and thought may be we should use the old site, sine that one is straight forward.

Please, any idea why it's like that, and is it better to use the old or new site, any different? Thank you all for your responses 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 7:15pm On Mar 16
dubaiboy1:
Ignore that part where you were asked for employment letter from a Canada employer .

Seems like auto rejection. Visit Visa application and employment letter. Automatic misrepresentation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubaiboy1: 8:11pm On Mar 16
I was scared when I first saw it on my application too but then I found out it's like that and one should ignore it . I checked the questionnaires several times to see if I chose a wrong answer somewhere but I didn't ... And oh BTW, it's not a mandatory document.

id4sho:

Seems like auto rejection. Visit Visa application and employment letter. Automatic misrepresentation

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stimorcc: 8:14pm On Mar 16
I have marriage certificate, elderly parents as proof of strong family ties. I have long term business though registered newly under CAC .

Can these documents help in proving strong ties to home country or do I need more additional documents to solidify my application?
My POF is strong.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 10:46pm On Mar 16
wemzack:
it was the second reason thais confusing me when VO said he doesn't satisfied that get legitimate business to do in Canada , having add my conference invitation letter, if it's only about financial reason I can still correct that but that second reason tired me oo or it doesn't mean I should just focus on my account
What exactly is your primary reason for wanting to attend a Canadian property exhibition? Do you or your company have any properties in Canada? Do you have any real business in Canada? Why Canada for the property exhibition? Why not the US or Germany? These are very important questions. You can't just wake up one day and say you want to attend a Canadian property exhibition. Regardless of the tens of millions in your account, if you can't justify your wanting to attend a Canadian property exhbition, I don't see the VO considering your application favourably. All indicators will simply point to the fact that you are intending to run away.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 11:32pm On Mar 16
stimorcc:
I have marriage certificate, elderly parents as proof of strong family ties. I have long term business though registered newly under CAC .

Can these documents help in proving strong ties to home country or do I need more additional documents to solidify my application?
My POF is strong.
Property document, children birth certificate, family pics (parents, kids,wife), car papers, association (church, village, club) introduction letter, job appointment letter and leave letter addressed to VO.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:50pm On Mar 16
Levels1:

You indeed need medication. So sorry okay

Brother

The guy is not fighting you nor exchanging words.

Simply tell us how possible is it to create tracker for application without having access to email linked to the application.

We learn everyday, I'm here to learn also

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 2:36am On Mar 17
NuCypher:

What exactly is your primary reason for wanting to attend a Canadian property exhibition? Do you or your company have any properties in Canada? Do you have any real business in Canada? Why Canada for the property exhibition? Why not the US or Germany? These are very important questions. You can't just wake up one day and say you want to attend a Canadian property exhibition. Regardless of the tens of millions in your account, if you can't justify your wanting to attend a Canadian property exhbition, I don't see the VO considering your application favourably. All indicators will simply point to the fact that you are intending to run away.

Well good point you outline becos foreign commercial enterprises and individuals who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents are cuŕrently prohibited from purchasing residential property in Canada. The ban is part of the government's efforts to make housing more affordable for Canadians and to ensure that houses are used as homes rather than speculative financial assets .
So the visa officer will want to know what you as a foreigner want to gain from canada property exhibition when you cannot even buy or invest in the property based on the current ban.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stimorcc: 8:37am On Mar 17
Thanks alot. At the moment I have
1. Marriage certificate ( proof with pics) No kids yet, but pregnant wife.
2. Elderly parents and siblings ( Family photos)
3. Am self-employed contractor. Business name was registered with CAC
(though less than a year).
4. Property in Rural area with registered survey plan.

Can these above documents help prove my strong ties back home to the VO.
NB: I don't have a travel history

Thanks.

id4sho:

Property document, children birth certificate, family pics (parents, kids,wife), car papers, association (church, village, club) introduction letter, job appointment letter and leave letter addressed to VO.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 8:50am On Mar 17
stimorcc:
Thanks alot. At the moment I have
1. Marriage certificate ( proof with pics) No kids yet, but pregnant wife.
2. Elderly parents and siblings ( Family photos)
3. Am self-employed contractor. Business name was registered with CAC
(though less than a year).
4. Property in Rural area with registered survey plan.

Can these above documents help prove my strong ties back home to the VO.
NB: I don't have a travel history

Thanks.

They can help.
No 3: You need your tax clearance certificate. You can also add your contract award document

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 11:46am On Mar 17
oluayebenz:

You cannot open tracker for your application without having access to the email linked to your application

Thanks for this appreciate 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by houstin2020: 11:53am On Mar 17
Good morning Nairalanders, I submitted my passport and that of my spouse since Feb 12. Each time I track it says it's under processing. Should i be worried because it's over one month already, it's PR visa but no response yet ... Has anyone experience same ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 11:53am On Mar 17
Levels1:

But I hope what you click on was create an account?

And you register as the applicant?

Yes pls.. sorry just seeing this now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 17
Paulo01:

Yes pls.. sorry just seeing this now

Honestly I have to chat the guy whom I told you was able to check is...... and ask him how he goes about it, Said he followed same way you did and was able to track is application, God's
my witness, He doesn't have access to the mail the agent used. I won't come here to give false narrative if otherwise. I'm only trying to help and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 17
oluayebenz:

Brother

The guy is not fighting you nor exchanging words.

Simply tell us how possible is it to create tracker for application without having access to email linked to the application.

We learn everyday, I'm here to learn also

Heaven knows I'm been honest here. I can forward my chats on how I suggested he tracked his application and how I gave him the same tracking links, and how he said he doesn't have access to the mail the agent used..... but was able to check it and I can equally forward is rejection stuff. I have no interest in giving false narrative to mislead anyone at all. And when people say they aren't able to check there's because they can't access their portal gives me concern because he was able to to God who made me. Why not just start from the beginning and let just see, make use of a new Gmail and follow the steps, it might works....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wemzack: 3:03pm On Mar 17
[img][/img]
House34:

Well good point you outline becos foreign commercial enterprises and individuals who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents are cuŕrently prohibited from purchasing residential property in Canada. The ban is part of the government's efforts to make housing more affordable for Canadians and to ensure that houses are used as homes rather than speculative financial assets .
So the visa officer will want to know what you as a foreigner want to gain from canada property exhibition when you cannot even buy or invest in the property based on the current ban.
thanks bro this is the conference that I want to go for,but they said it is international conference and invite people from different parts of the world

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by phyla(m): 9:11pm On Mar 17
hello,
please i need help.
How does someone pay or sort an issue that says the applicant has unpaid debt to the crown.
This was the message received through a GCMS NOTE.
I would like to know how to go about this payment so as to be able to possibly reapply as it seems like if this is not sorted, re-application will still come back refused.
I would appreciate anyone who can help with good info on how to handle this.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: deejay102, id4sho(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.