Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2317492 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 11:13pm On Apr 18
Ashirioluwa:

There’s a section in the application where they ask

- Do you have a valid national identity document?
- Document number
- Confirm your document number
- Date of issue

You will answer yes if you have NIN; otherwise, you will say no.

But I am pretty sure that including NIN or not will not have any impact on the outcome of a visa application.

My wife's visa was approved even though she didn’t have an NIN when she submitted her application.
Exactly. I had NIN but I said no on the form. It's of no impact on the outcome of an application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanniazeez19: 11:15pm On Apr 18
Please when he gives a timeline, kindly let me know. Thanks
olaoluwa83:

Congratulations.

Please, kindly share your line.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 11:17pm On Apr 18
maziemeka2024:
13th Nov biometrics. Still waiting.
watch out, any moment

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 12:19am On Apr 19
Let me give feedback to encourage someone here.
1st application submitted 8th of November but I forgot to include my Canadian visa refusal 7 years ago,so i cancelled it and submitted a new one 10th of November and included all refusals including US refusal 4 years ago.
Biometrics was done 17th of November, BVL and PPR dropped same time 15th of April.

If you are waiting please be hopeful and I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 12:22am On Apr 19
cfcchick:
1st application submitted 8th of November but I forgot to include my Canadian visa refusal 7 years ago,so i cancelled it and submitted a new one 10th of November and included all refusals including US refusal 4 years ago.
Biometrics was done 17th of May, BVL and PPR dropped same time 15th of April.

Congratulations.. I assume you meant Biometrics was done 17th November

For sure, they are working on November 2023 applications now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 1:00am On Apr 19
cfcchick:
Biometrics was done 17th of May, BVL and PPR dropped same time 15th of April.

Congratulations 🎊 did you apply from inside Nigeria ?

Cos this timeline is really long
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 4:09am On Apr 19
Yes 17th of November.

deejay102:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 4:10am On Apr 19
Yes

tblaze007:

Congratulations 🎊 did you apply from inside Nigeria ?

Cos this timeline is really long
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmanuel941: 10:42am On Apr 19
Pls Aouse can I order gcms note from Nigeria here is that posible
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olaoluwa83: 12:11pm On Apr 19
Emmanuel941:
Pls Aouse can I order gcms note from Nigeria here is that posible

Very very possible. Even you can order the free version of GCMS note from anywhere in the world. All you need is to make a research, follow the guidelines and do your stuff silently. Lol
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmanuel941: 2:54pm On Apr 19
olaoluwa83:

Very very possible. Even you can order the free version of GCMS note from anywhere in the world. All you need is to make a research, follow the guidelines and do your stuff silently. Lol
do you mean I don’t knw that why asking I don’t want to make mistake
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 3:19pm On Apr 19
deejay102:

Yes, they're in November already. Btw, my tech who helped submit my passport for onward dispatch to the ircc for stamping 2 months ago was able to also submit his own today at the vfs, manor house. He said the crowd he saw today of those submitting passport for stamping almost tripled those seen a couple of months back when he submitted mine.

Invariably, those who applied in the last quarter of the year was much, which could have been the reason some applications are taking longer than anticipated. In the end, i pray it ends in joy. The turnout also suggests to me that IRCC dey issue plenti visa daily contrary to the opinion of some.

Keep the hope alive

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 3:28pm On Apr 19
Eriokanmi:
Yes, they're in November already. Btw, my tech who helped submit my passport for onward doapatch to the ircc for stamping 2 months ago was able to also submit his own today at the vfs, manor house. He said the crowd he saw today of those submitting passport for stamping almost tripled those seen a couple of months back when he submitted mine.

Invariably, those who applied in the last quarter of the year was much, which could have been the reason some applications are taking longer than anticipated. In the end, i pray it ends in joy. The turnout also suggests to me that IRCC dey issue plenti visa daily contrary to the opinion of some.

Keep the hope alive

Thank you ☺️. Hope to share good news soon too

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 3:59pm On Apr 19
Eriokanmi:
Yes, they're in November already. Btw, my tech who helped submit my passport for onward doapatch to the ircc for stamping 2 months ago was able to also submit his own today at the vfs, manor house. He said the crowd he saw today of those submitting passport for stamping almost tripled those seen a couple of months back when he submitted mine.

Keep the hope alive
Thanks for this good news bro..this the news hope all expectant applicant need at this time ..not someone that keep giving pple high BP..it shall all end in praise for all applicant waiting!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19
Wether dem give us hope or not, every application is unique and ppl won't stop receiving PPR and Refusals. That is constant.

Kelvinarsenal:

Thanks for this good news bro..this the news hope all expectant applicant need at this time ..not someone that keep giving pple high BP..it shall all end in praise for all applicant waiting!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 8:08pm On Apr 19
Jeboy:
Wether dem give us hope or not, every application is unique and ppl won't stop receiving PPR and Refusals. That is constant.

We should be an optimist not pessimist...life itself is full of good and bad..our heart attract what we desire in life ..we must thread carefully moving forward what majority needs here is encouragement..I wish all applicant waiting a good luck as always!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 8:08pm On Apr 19
Jeboy:

You've made a valid point. Based on what I've read and seen here, it appears that many people are averse to the truth and instead favor a sentimental approach to visa applications, leading to an increase in scams. It's acceptable when someone shares a story of visa approval, but stories of visa denial are often viewed as failures and cause discouragement. We need to change our perspective on this matter. Information should serve to educate and enlighten us. Labeling it as 'good' or 'bad' is a matter of personal opinion. However, we shouldn't cease information simply because it doesn't align with our desires. Those who have faced visa rejections should feel encouraged to share their experiences just as those with successful applications do. It's not the end of the road!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ColdHunter(f): 12:03am On Apr 20
Hello Bobomaigida,

Please can I send a private message. I'll be glad if my request is granted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Josh4k: 12:07am On Apr 20
I am a Public Health Masters student in Uk and would want to go for a conference about Public Health in Canada by August, 2024 but my brother would be my sponsor.
What would the requirements for successful visa application be? What documents would I need to submit and would I need to travel back to my home country (Nigeria) to apply or I can apply directly from UK? Kindly help me with answers. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:33am On Apr 20
Josh4k:
I am a Public Health Masters student in Uk and would want to go for a conference about Public Health in Canada by August, 2024 but my brother would be my sponsor.
What would the requirements for successful visa application be? What documents would I need to submit and would I need to travel back to my home country (Nigeria) to apply or I can apply directly from UK? Kindly help me with answers. Thanks.

You can apply from the UK since you are a legal resident as a student as long as you are fulfilling your student visa conditions by attending classes. The case would be different for visitors who are better applying from their home country. Going for a conference in line with your field as a student makes sense.

Success on visa application is at the discretion of the Canadian Immigration (IRCC) but you should stand a high chance if you can take your time and put in a convincing application. Few tips that can help you are itemized below:

* Attach your immigration document that legalize your stay in the UK i.e UK Home Office BRP letter & BRP Card.
*Academic Record sheet with Grades to date (that proofs you have been attending classes)
* Proof of Funds (if your brother would be sponsoring, you can attach his one pager financial Net worth and stamped by his bank).
* Confirmation Letter of Financial Sponsorship by your brother.
* You can also attach your bank statement as additional proof of funds, just to demonstrate you have some cash.
* Since you are going for a conference and still studying, the shorter the number of days you declare spending in Canada, the better since the officer would expect your resumption for the following semester. Dont forget to attach evidence of payment for the conference and any other relevant document like confirmation of attendance etc. I want to also assume you are planning this to fall during your school scheduled academic break.

* When filing your application, there is section that ask "amount available for your stay" make sure the amount you quote make sense in regard to the days you intend to spend in Canada. Your brother would be able to advice you on this since he lives in Canada.

Overall, you guys should evaluate the application well before you submit to be sure nothing will be confusing to the visa officer. A clue would be if your brother would be granting you an accommodation for the duration of the conference, you want to be sure that he lives in good proximity to the conference. Your brother cannot be living in Alberta and the conference is taking place in Ottawa, that would be a concern to the officer just to give you an example.

All the best!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 10:38am On Apr 20
olasubomy:

You can apply from the UK since you are a legal resident as a student as long as you are fulfilling your student visa conditions by attending classes. The case would be different for visitors who are better applying from their home country. Going for a conference in line with your field as a student makes sense.

Success on visa application is at the discretion of the Canadian Immigration (IRCC) but you should stand a high chance if you can take your time and put in a convincing application. Few tips that can help you are itemized below:

* Attach your immigration document that legalize your stay in the UK i.e UK Home Office BRP letter & BRP Card.
*Academic Record sheet with Grades to date (that proofs you have been attending classes)
* Proof of Funds (if your brother would be sponsoring, you can attach his one pager financial Net worth and stamped by his bank).
* You can also attach your bank statement as additional proof of funds, just to demonstrate you have some cash.
* Since you are going for a conference and still studying, the shorter the number of days you declare spending in Canada, the better since the officer would expect your resumption for the following semester. Dont forget to attach evidence of payment for the conference and any other relevant document like confirmation of attendance etc. I want to also assume you are planning this to fall during your school scheduled academic break.

* When filing your application, there is section that ask "amount available for your stay" make sure the amount you quote make sense in regard to the days you intend to spend in Canada. Your brother would be able to advice you on this since he lives in Canada.

Overall, you guys should evaluate the application well before you submit to be sure nothing will be confusing to the visa officer. A clue would be if your brother would be granting you an accommodation for the duration of the conference, you want to be sure that he lives in good proximity to the conference. Your brother cannot be living in Alberta and the conference is taking place in Ottawa, that would be a concern to the officer just to give you an example.

All the best!
Very apt and demystifying. Your last paragraph nailed it. Every applicant must sit down, interview him/herself by evaluating and scrutinising their documents, as if they were the VO, before applying. They should work on every area in which they may be having double minds(doubts) before submitting that application...cos those thoughts must surely go through your mind. Canadian visa or any other visa for that matter is not about what my people would call eyi ję, eyi o ję which literally means gambling with your chances.

Like the US embassy would say on their website, every visa applicant is seen as an intending immigrant so, the onus is on you to convince and prove them wrong that you're not an intending immigrant in your application by showing strong tiies that could make you eligible. IRCC has basic requirements which are very simple and brief. In case you have other things to submit, they've also created an optional space for that on their online form meaning, they're not compulsory. Don't flog them with junks but attach only relevant optional docs( if need be). If you can work on, and measure up to those compulsory requirements, you're good to go.

In 2021, I was on same flight as a guy from Anambra. We ltook off from Asaba. He asked me in the middle of the flight, please I'm going to Abuja for my visa appointment, is there any hotel close to the airport and not expensive? I told him there are several and if he wouldn't mind, I'd have him lodged in the hotel where I'd be staying. He was so happy. On getting to the hotel, I told the receptionist to give him some discount on the roomrate as he's my colleague . That's the place we use in my company.

In short, I told him to see me in my room once he had settled in. When he came, I sat him down and asked him to act like the applicant while I'd act as the VO. As I was throwing questions at him, he was answering and in the process, I was noting down his errors. He was going to study in America for his Msc. Finally, I asked him...why did you choose that university over others there in the US and why didn't you school here instead or elsewhere, why US? He was saying am,am,am. I now told him to harp on the benefits of studying in US over doing so in Nigeria or elsewhere..also, if the program had some research attached to it which isn't found elsewhere, he should stress that during his interview and emphasise the importance and benefit to him and the country when he returns ( even though I knew he wasn't returning anytime soon, based on his conversation with me). I also told him to say he had applied to other unis in the US( he actually did this) but that particular one he applied to had some benefits over others on that course.

We repeated the process before he went to sleep. During my meeting the following morning with my client, he called me and said his visa had been approved. He told me the VO asked him those questions I threw at him, which he had also memorised and was busy pouring it out, like an expo.

So, sit yourself down, scrutinise your docs before applying. Read widely. Stop enriching agents who don't even know as much as you do, on visa stuffs.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vousmevoyez(f): 10:50am On Apr 20
Hello, please did really scan your fingerprint card and submit to the FBI via email?
queenG2020:

Hi,

To obtain your US police certificate, go to this link

https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-can-help-you/more-fbi-services-and-information/identity-history-summary-checks#Online

You are requesting for your identity history summary. Make sure you click on online for faster processing. If you choose by Mail, it will take more than 30 days. For online, it took 7 days when I did mine for my permanent residence application.

Once you open the link, click online ,then you will see all information you need there , I think the processing fee is $18 or so. Then download the FBI printing card , you will find it on the page, print it out and do your fingerprint there. Pls make sure your fingerprint is good and clear because they might reject it. The first one I did was rejected and I applied again which takes another week. You can check on YouTube for proper finger print.

After submitting your application online, you will get an email where to send your fingerprint, something like ATTN: electronic summary, then the FBI address in the US, use courier service to deliver for you. You will get your report in your email within 7 days.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Josh4k: 1:14pm On Apr 20
[Thanks so much for this.

quote author=olasubomy post=129535035]

All the best![/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Marcgrace: 1:55pm On Apr 20
Hello Everyone,

Has someone applied for a short-stay family visit visa to France?
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Transporter52: 2:12pm On Apr 20
Good afternoon house,

I sent a web form requesting to know the visa office treating my application and I got an auto-response from Nairobi.

Does that mean the application is being processed in Nairobi?

Thank you all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 2:49pm On Apr 20
Transporter52:
Good afternoon house,

I sent a web form requesting to know the visa office treating my application and I got an auto-response from Nairobi.

Does that mean the application is being processed in Nairobi?

Thank you all
When did u do biometrics and submission of ur application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Husnain11221: 5:23pm On Apr 20
Jeff Dean's net worth and income resources are meticulously scrutinized by NetWorthArt, a platform specializing in financial evaluations. As a pioneering figure in the tech industry, Dean's wealth is predominantly derived from his pivotal roles at Google, where he spearheaded groundbreaking projects like MapReduce and TensorFlow. His strategic vision and technical acumen have earned him substantial compensation packages and lucrative stock options. With a career marked by innovation and leadership, Jeff Dean net worth and income resources by NetWorthArt reflect not just financial success, but also the profound impact he's made on the landscape of modern technology.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 5:45pm On Apr 20
Husnain11221:
Jeff Dean's net worth and income resources are meticulously scrutinized by NetWorthArt, a platform specializing in financial evaluations. As a pioneering figure in the tech industry, Dean's wealth is predominantly derived from his pivotal roles at Google, where he spearheaded groundbreaking projects like MapReduce and TensorFlow. His strategic vision and technical acumen have earned him substantial compensation packages and lucrative stock options. With a career marked by innovation and leadership, Jeff Dean net worth and income resources by NetWorthArt reflect not just financial success, but also the profound impact he's made on the landscape of modern technology.
You must have posted this here in error angry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 5:54pm On Apr 20
Marcgrace:
Hello Everyone,

Has someone applied for a short-stay family visit visa to France?
Thank you.
Kindly make this inquiry at the France visa thread.

Btw. France visit visa takes long to process....same duration as that of Canada at times. My last France schengen visa took nearly 3 months to process. I had to mail and call.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 8:07pm On Apr 20
France Visas takes approximately 1 week, 5 working days.
Eriokanmi:
Kindly make this inquiry at the France visa thread.

Btw. France visit visa takes long to process....same duration as that of Canada at times. My last France schengen visa took nearly 3 months to process. I had to mail and call.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 8:09pm On Apr 20
sanyaolurilwan:
France Visas takes approximately 1 week, 5 working days.
I wish I got mine so early in 2021. That means things have changed over time. I'd like to state that no schengen visa takes approx 1 week or 5 working days to process as you mentioned. I stand to be corrected. It takes approximately 15 days to process a visa to any schengen region. It could take 45 days and even beyond at times.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:54pm On Apr 20
Eriokanmi:
I wish I got mine so early in 2021. That means things have changed over time. I'd like to state that no schengen visa takes approx 1 week or 5 working days to process as you mentioned. I stand to be corrected. It takes approximately 15 days to process a visa to any schengen region. It could take 45 days and even beyond at times.

If you don't believe that one can get a Schengen visa through the France Embassy within 5 business days, then you're new to the France Embassy.

Most frequent travelers who apply for Schengen visas through the France Embassy get decisions within 5 business days.

My wife went for biometrics on Friday, January 12, and she received a passport pick-up message on Wednesday, January 17, 2024. That was just like 2 or 3 business days, and she was granted a 3-year Shengen visa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ozymes, Ajalalomo, Newbie232, Kelvinarsenal and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.