Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322206 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:20pm On Apr 20
Ashirioluwa:

If you don't believe that one can get a Schengen visa through the France Embassy within 5 business days, then you're new to the France Embassy.

Most frequent travelers who apply for Schengen visas through the France Embassy get decisions within 5 business days.

My wife went for biometrics on Friday, January 12, and she received a passport pick-up message on Wednesday, January 17, 2024. That was just like 2 or 3 business days, and she was granted a 3-year Shengen visa.
Then I'm new to their recent development. I got 3 years too in 2021. It expired January but it took nearly 90 days to process. I renewed via Germany and processing time was 15 calendar days.

Thanks for the info. Covid era must have contributed to that. It was my first Schengen visa issued by France, I've always entered via Germany before then.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KingMack(m): 11:17pm On Apr 20
Eriokanmi:
Take a seat and chill. Yes, you can leave your passport with her, provided you'd not need it anytime soon. Good luck to you

Bro pls how do I track my visa online please..I think im bn played 🥺
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 11:26pm On Apr 20
KingMack:

You did your biometric this April ? Was the passport submitted by you ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KingMack(m): 1:03am On Apr 21
mojisolani:

You did your biometric this April ? Was the passport submitted by you ?

Yes boss..twas a conference visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 2:38am On Apr 21
Does anyone know how long it’s taking VFS to return passport after submission in Lagos. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 3:41am On Apr 21
Please where can someone book for a legit conference online ?

olasubomy:

You can apply from the UK since you are a legal resident as a student as long as you are fulfilling your student visa conditions by attending classes. The case would be different for visitors who are better applying from their home country. Going for a conference in line with your field as a student makes sense.

Success on visa application is at the discretion of the Canadian Immigration (IRCC) but you should stand a high chance if you can take your time and put in a convincing application. Few tips that can help you are itemized below:

* Attach your immigration document that legalize your stay in the UK i.e UK Home Office BRP letter & BRP Card.
*Academic Record sheet with Grades to date (that proofs you have been attending classes)
* Proof of Funds (if your brother would be sponsoring, you can attach his one pager financial Net worth and stamped by his bank).
* Confirmation Letter of Financial Sponsorship by your brother.
* You can also attach your bank statement as additional proof of funds, just to demonstrate you have some cash.
* Since you are going for a conference and still studying, the shorter the number of days you declare spending in Canada, the better since the officer would expect your resumption for the following semester. Dont forget to attach evidence of payment for the conference and any other relevant document like confirmation of attendance etc. I want to also assume you are planning this to fall during your school scheduled academic break.

* When filing your application, there is section that ask "amount available for your stay" make sure the amount you quote make sense in regard to the days you intend to spend in Canada. Your brother would be able to advice you on this since he lives in Canada.

Overall, you guys should evaluate the application well before you submit to be sure nothing will be confusing to the visa officer. A clue would be if your brother would be granting you an accommodation for the duration of the conference, you want to be sure that he lives in good proximity to the conference. Your brother cannot be living in Alberta and the conference is taking place in Ottawa, that would be a concern to the officer just to give you an example.

All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 3:43am On Apr 21
a friend gotten his France visa with 24hours frequently traveler

Ashirioluwa:

If you don't believe that one can get a Schengen visa through the France Embassy within 5 business days, then you're new to the France Embassy.

Most frequent travelers who apply for Schengen visas through the France Embassy get decisions within 5 business days.

My wife went for biometrics on Friday, January 12, and she received a passport pick-up message on Wednesday, January 17, 2024. That was just like 2 or 3 business days, and she was granted a 3-year Shengen visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Transporter52: 6:56am On Apr 21
Hello house,

I sent a web form requesting to know the visa office treating my application and I got an auto-response from Nairobi.

Does that mean the application is being processed in Nairobi?

Thank you all

Eriokanmi:
Then I'm new to their recent development. I got 3 years too in 2021. It expired January but it took nearly 90 days to process. I renewed via Germany and processing time was 15 calendar days.

Thanks for the info. Covid era must have contributed to that. It was my first Schengen visa issued by France, I've always entered via Germany before then.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Transporter52: 6:58am On Apr 21
Hello house,

I sent a web form requesting to know the visa office treating my application and I got an auto-response from Nairobi.

Thank you all

Ashirioluwa:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 7:37am On Apr 21
Gentlesoul3268:

I am not sure where you can book conferences but these are organized from different sources. You can enquire from other folks in your field. It could be an event organized by your professional organization, your work place etc. I supported the other moniker because he/she is a masters student in public health and going for a conference in that same field which makes sense. If you are using conference as a reason for visit, you want to be sure your story looks genuine and believable.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 7:56am On Apr 21
Transporter52:
Hello house,

Thank you all

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Josh4k: 7:56am On Apr 21
Thanks @ olasubomy. The information provided has been of great help. However, my brother who would be sponsoring me lives in USA and not Canada. Would he still be able to be my sponsor?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:28am On Apr 21
Transporter52:
Hello house,

Thank you all

I will say yes

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:33am On Apr 21
Josh4k:
Thanks @ olasubomy. The information provided has been of great help. However, my brother who would be sponsoring me lives in USA and not Canada. Would he still be able to be my sponsor?

If he lives in the USA, then he can only be your sponsor financially. He would need to write a formal letter to that effect addressed to the Canadian Consulate. The letter can start with introduction of himself and what he does, where he works and residential address.
The next paragraph can state his confirmation of sponsoring his brother (stating your full name) for the duration of your **** days stay in [ state full address of venue] Canada for the purpose of attending **** conference to be held at ***** city in *** province from **** date to *** date in Canada. He should state amount he is setting aside for you. Dont forget to attach proof of relationship. It could be birth certificate of you guys showing same surname or copy of a US Government issued document/card i.e green card or any legal document that legalize his stay( these can be uploaded in client section of IRCC portal).

In regard accommodation, you may plan to book reservation with an hotel close to the conference site and maybe make payment when your visa is issued. The details of the hotel reservation should be stated in your application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:34am On Apr 21
[quote author=olasubomy post=129550828]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 8:34am On Apr 21
KingMack:

Pls use same login details that you used in accessing the portal when submitting your application to track it...your email address and password.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KingMack(m): 9:14am On Apr 21
Eriokanmi:
Pls use same login details that you used in accessing the portal when submitting your application to track it...your email address and password.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 11:16am On Apr 21
When you dont know, You ask.
You are talking about 2021 while I'm talking about 2023. I got my French Schengen Visa within 4/5 working days, submitted on Monday, got a Passport Pickup E-mail on the Friday, this was December 2023.

Eriokanmi:
I wish I got mine so early in 2021. That means things have changed over time. I'd like to state that no schengen visa takes approx 1 week or 5 working days to process as you mentioned. I stand to be corrected. It takes approximately 15 days to process a visa to any schengen region. It could take 45 days and even beyond at times.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 11:20am On Apr 21
Got mine within 5days (coupled with the fact that there was christmas and boxing day holidays then) after submission in Lekki and it was mailed to me in Osogbo via DHL. So if you're picking up in Lekki yourself, it shouldn't exceed 3days max.

daks02:
Does anyone know how long it’s taking VFS to return passport after submission in Lagos. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 11:44am On Apr 21
sanyaolurilwan:
When you dont know, You ask.
You are talking about 2021 while I'm talking about 2023. I got my French Schengen Visa within 4/5 working days, submitted on Monday, got a Passport Pickup E-mail on the Friday, this was December 2023.

If I didn't know, I'd have asked of course. But because I once applied for same visa like others did back then, with a long wait time before approval, it was enough evidence of knowing, for me. Even before 2021, People always wanted to avoid France because of their ridiculously long wait time so, I found it strange when I read your post, to be honest. The visa expired this year and I've since renewed via Germany which took 15 days to process. But having read some other's posts , affirming your claim, I knew its possible.

@ashirioluwa has also corroborated your claim, which I also appreciated in my response to him. Things are changing everyday. I've learned something new about France schengen visa now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21
Okay Sir.
God Bless
Eriokanmi:
If I didn't know, I'd have asked of course. But because I once applied for same visa like others did back then, with a long wait time before approval, it was enough evidence of knowing, for me. Even before 2021, People always wanted to avoid France because of their ridiculously long wait time so, I found it strange when I read your post, to be honest. The visa expired this year and I've since renewed via Germany which took 15 days to process. But having read some other's posts , affirming your claim, I knew its possible.

@ashirioluwa has also corroborated your claim, which I also appreciated in my response to him. Things are changing everyday. I've learned something new about France schengen visa now

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LadyCaplin: 12:26pm On Apr 21
Wrong thread.

Theres a France thread. I advise you post your question there.

Shalom!

Marcgrace:
Hello Everyone,

Has someone applied for a short-stay family visit visa to France?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sayo007: 2:44pm On Apr 21
Hello everyone, I have a one room for rent in Calgary Canada, message me if interested . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 4:11pm On Apr 21
sanyaolurilwan:
Got mine within 5days (coupled with the fact that there was christmas and boxing day holidays then) after submission in Lekki and it was mailed to me in Osogbo via DHL. So if you're picking up in Lekki yourself, it shouldn't exceed 3days max.

Ok thank you, I assume this was last December?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21
Yes
daks02:

Ok thank you, I assume this was last December?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:43am On Apr 22
Thank just asking for a friend, I am already study in canada

olasubomy:

I am not sure where you can book conferences but these are organized from different sources. You can enquire from other folks in your field. It could be an event organized by your professional organization, your work place etc. I supported the other moniker because he/she is a masters student in public health and going for a conference in that same field which makes sense. If you are using conference as a reason for visit, you want to be sure your story looks genuine and believable.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmanuel941: 12:54am On Apr 22
5454Darese:

Thanks. Appeal letter(word/ pdf doc) and also copied the same thing on webform and then attached the pdf as attachment. . Via webform and emails
pls how can I write a letter of reconsideration
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Transporter52: 3:48am On Apr 22
Eriokanmi:
Yes

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Transporter52: 3:50am On Apr 22
Ashirioluwa:

I will say yes

Thanks for your response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 7:22am On Apr 22
Gentlesoul3268:

www.10times.com. you'd find conferences that are relevant to your field. Just look up any country of interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chuksvin: 4:15pm On Apr 22
Please can anyone guide me on how to schedule VFS Passport submission appointment. I have tried several times but I haven’t gone pass the OTP verification stage. Don’t know if it’s a system error or something. My time is ticking cos I have received this passport request since the 16th of April.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 4:17pm On Apr 22
chuksvin:
Please can anyone guide me on how to schedule VFS Passport submission appointment. I have tried several times but I haven’t gone pass the OTP verification stage. Don’t know if it’s a system error or something. My time is ticking cos I have received this passport request since the 16th of April.

Congratulations. Can you share your timeline?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Jokky001, House34 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.