Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323269 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
borvick:
@OmoBemdel24

Thanks for your response, lve already purchased my ticket to Newyork, I intend to visit Canada with my brother who’s a US citizen when l get to New York hoping to get my ticket to Canada when l get to US, can l still attached the New York ticket to my application even though it’s not routed to Canada but return to nigeria?

Yeah, do a JFK/LGA to YYZ (or whatever airport is closest to your son in Canada) return ticket reservation and add to your already purchased LOS-JFK return....

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
Please is there Anyone that applied April 30 and have not gotten update ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eniolaalab: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello, pls can you forward an email I can use to contact you. I am pregnant and want to give birth in Canada. I am confused on what to choose btw tourism or other (and input childbirth) under the purpose of travel. Although in my purpose of travel letter and invitation letter, I already mentioned that I am going for tourism and will also use the opportunity to give birth)
ladylco:

Did he tell you that is all he submitted? this is common sense, he is only referring to the fact that if hotel reservation in addition to all supporting document is made visa can also be granted not necessarily getting invitation letter

That person didnt tell you the true picture. What has correspondent Letter from previous job got to do with visa? Oga this is not true, ask for full details of the application, he must have made reference to the previous job in the initial app that necessitated the VO demanding for it.

For your information all my visa are hotel reservation and i write letter stating my purpose of visit and i always get my visas. I have applied same way with hotel reservation and sites to be visited on behalf of friends/families who are first timers and they all get their visas, with a recent successful application.

That person who gave you that report is leaving you in the dark, ask for evidence before you conclude
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeriaBravo: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thanks to everyone and specially @Ladylco.I received my passport today and its stamped till 2022.

Timeline

Applied online - 12th April
Biometric - 16th April
Passport Request - 3rd May
Wife and Son passport submission: 16th May
Received Stamped Passport: 19th

I flew out of Nigeria on 17th of April to Germany, hence I could not submit with my family.I contacted them and requested If I can send to my nearest VFS office in Germany. They answered in the affirmative and today I received my stamped passport.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2018
SeriaBravo:
Thanks to everyone and specially @Ladylco.I received my passport today and its stamped till 2022.

Timeline

Applied online - 12th April
Biometric - 16th April
Passport Request - 3rd May
Wife and Son passport submission: 16th May
Received Stamped Passport: 19th

I flew out of Nigeria on 17th of April to Germany, hence I could not submit with my family.I contacted them and requested If I can send to my nearest VFS office in Germany. They answered in the affirmative and today I received my stamped passport.

Congrats
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2018
Any recent applicants between May till date please share your time line to assist others also state whether paper or online application. Is application now treated timely?

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mayorkays: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please house, I want to know my chances with Canada. I have just received a 2yrs US visa last month and my wife has a valid US visa too and our daugter is a US citizen. I have not travel out before but ofcourse my wife and daughter have. My question is that can we apply for Canada visit visa as have not been to the US, using the advantage of CAN+ as my wife and daughter has a travel history and I want to tell them under the letter of purpose of visit i.e (the letter of introduction) that I will like to visit an uncle in Canada and then visit the US from Canada too. Please guys help me review my chances here abeg
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please gurus in the house, someone submitted a TRV application online late on June 5, and up until now, no biometrics letter has been received.

Has anyone encountered something like this before?
And what can the person do please?

Thanks a lot.

Cc: @OmoBendel24, @ladylco, @jawa, @justwise, @jayfierce
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
mayorkays:
Please house, I want to know my chances with Canada. I have just received a 2yrs US visa last month and my wife has a valid US visa too and our daugter is a US citizen. I have not travel out before but ofcourse my wife and daughter have. My question is that can we apply for Canada visit visa as have not been to the US, using the advantage of CAN+ as my wife and daughter has a travel history and I want to tell them under the letter of purpose of visit i.e (the letter of introduction) that I will like to visit an uncle in Canada and then visit the US from Canada too. Please guys help me review my chances here abeg
Thanks in anticipation

Give if a shot ensure you attach all relevant docs.

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
manlikegb:
Please gurus in the house, someone submitted a TRV application online late on June 5, and up until now, no biometrics letter has been received.

Thanks a lot.

Cc: @OmoBendel24, @ladylco, @jawa, @justwise, @jayfierce

The people should keep checking for notification in his profile there could be delays sometimes couple with the influx of applications this period
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 12:05am On Jun 08, 2018
manlikegb:

Thanks a lot.

Worry less methinks. I think I read of it somewhere that it is possible to take some days and that that doesn't mean something is wrong, a five-day window should be allowed or so. It will come....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 2:25am On Jun 08, 2018
borvick:
Still waiting for response......

Good day great folks here, lve been a silent reader and lve really learnt a lot from this forum. I need advice on how to go about my application please.
Firstly, my present passport expires April 2019, is it possible for me to get a new passport before l put up my application in August? I intend to travel to Canada during my visit to Newyork by November this year. I have been to the US for visit two times.
Secondly, the purpose of my trip is to visit my son in Canada who’s schooling with study permit, which document do l need and what are my chances, lm the one sponsoring my son’s education, he’s been in school since 2016.
Kindly assist a mother, l don’t want to do mistake, l fear all these VO’s o�.
Thanks for your response.

Hi borvick, I believe the thought of renewing your passport is a good one. firstly, the canadians will not issue a visa exceeding your passport validity so you may see yourself going to manor house again sooner than later for a renewal.
secondly, you mentioned you want to apply in August, what if by the time they approve and request for your passport, you dont have up to six months on it? i dont see why you cant renew and apply at the earliest possible time and i think you should apply online so invase it doesnt come out on time, it doesnt ruin your US trip.
thirdly, which i think is worthy to note, you plan to travel to the US in November while your passport expires April which brings it within the six months mark depending on dates, have you checked with CBP and your Airline to make sure this will not be an issue as a lot of carriers will refuse to airlift you if you fall short of 6months or more validity on your passport?

then on your application, i honestly believe that, if you are compact and intellectual with it, it may come out well. the most important thing to note here is that your son has a profile and you must have been listed there so lying about anything will certainly ruin your application. these VOs compare stories and documentation a lot. the docs i believe you need;
your sons admission letter
your sons birth certificate showing your name clearly
your sons study permit/ student visa
any evidence of payment of his school fees
evidence of your source of income and tax clearance
accommodation plan clearly showing duration of visit
flight reservation showing destination(which should be your son's city of residence), arrival and departure dates but do not pay a dime
an invitation letter from him if he is an adult but dont fret over this. any other relevant docs

if i was making this application, i will make sure not to mumble documentation because it is easier and faster for a VO to refuse an application than to request for addition clarification/documentation. write a well detailed letter of explanation(but not more than 2 pages) introducing yourself and relationship with your son, use separate paragraphs to address each category of your travel ;introduction and relationship, income, accomodation, transportation, ties to home country, visa refusals to other countries and why you feel they may have refused you unjustly because they will find out anyway. dont ever listen to people that tell you have excess documents so far the documents are meaningful. attach the first 4 documents i listed to your explanation letter as one upload and make sure to upload all documents in the right places and note that you may have to upload some documents in more than one place. best of luck with your application and I hope you see your son soon.

Quick Note: you did not mention if you are a single mum or anything about family so put that into consideration. the VO may also wonder why your son wouldnt get a visa and meet you in the US instead so make sure to have an explanation to that.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nolongthang: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2018
Hello fam! One quick question. Is it really compulsory I book my flight or accommodation before I apply for my visa. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2018
eniolaalab:
Hello, pls can you forward an email I can use to contact you. I am pregnant and want to give birth in Canada. I am confused on what to choose btw tourism or other (and input childbirth) under the purpose of travel. Although in my purpose of travel letter and invitation letter, I already mentioned that I am going for tourism and will also use the opportunity to give birth)

There is nothing to be confused about here, what you did is the right thing.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2018
Nolongthang:
Hello fam! One quick question. Is it really compulsory I book my flight or accommodation before I apply for my visa. Thanks

No but budget for them and outline that in your application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 8:16am On Jun 11, 2018
Please who knows the courier service used by VFS? how does one track a passport that has been sent from the VAC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2018
paparazzi1987:
Please is there Anyone that applied April 30 and have not gotten update ?

Have you received any update on yours? I applied via online route same day, did biometrics 5th of May, and till now no update yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by smallz001: 10:39am On Jun 11, 2018
Hello house,

Please does anyone know if it's quicker to apply paper or online? Application would be submitted in Abuja office.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AloneTK: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2018
finestboy1:
Visa processing time now 33 days.. Thats good!! grin

May I know when this new practice came in to being. It's been a long time though but I used to believe it takes between 2-3months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AloneTK: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2018
Jawa:

hi SeriaBravo, i hope you have sorted this out. if not, raise a case specific enquiry on this issue and you shall be told what best to do. most likely you shall be asked to submit somewhere close to you while your family submit here. you can also take the high road and send down your passport to them for submission and stamping and then they send back to you. good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Paper i think.

smallz001:
Hello house,

Please does anyone know if it's quicker to apply paper or online? Application would be submitted in Abuja office.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
Okay Folks, my story....

Decided to use paper route...last minute i found out that lagos vfs office is a jankara market,rerouted flight to abuja...arrived VFS abuja on the 22nd to meet office locked for victoria holidays. Resheduled flight and incurred and extra bill at the hotel.
Submitted forms and passport plus biometrics on 22/5/2018. Paid for passport to be Couriered. passport was sent to me on the 8th of june and received 11/6/2018.

canada says i havent satisfied them i would not leave canada. I was denied based on family ties in canada and purpose of visit.

My learning: its just luck or favour if you prefer that. i felt i had put in an honest and credible application. There is no chance for an interview so it is tied to someones discretion. Dont be discouraged...put in your best and hope for the best.

As for me, i will look for where to spend that two weeks with my family.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
Okay Folks, my story....

Decided to use paper route...last minute i found out that lagos vfs office is a jankara market,rerouted flight to abuja...arrived VFS abuja on the 22nd to meet office locked for victoria holidays. Resheduled flight and incurred and extra bill at the hotel.
Submitted forms and passport plus biometrics on 22/5/2018. Paid for passport to be Couriered. passport was sent to me on the 8th of june and received 11/6/2018.

canada says i havent satisfied them i would not leave canada. I was denied based on family ties in canada and purpose of visit.

My learning: its just luck or favour if you prefer that. i felt i had put in an honest and credible application. There is no chance for an interview so it is tied to someones discretion. Dont be discouraged...put in your best and hope for the best.

As for me, i will look for where to spend that two weeks with my family.

So sorry about this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kenniei:

Have you received any update on yours? I applied via online route same day, did biometrics 5th of May, and till now no update yet.

Nothing yet grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:32am On Jun 12, 2018
Kenniei:

Any update yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Afroresorts: 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
We will all make it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rosebuzz(f): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone pls I want to travel to Canada and I want to know how much I will need 4 the visa & everything I don't have anyone there I want to go & start my life afresh. will I get a Job immediately I get dere how about a house, how much will I need to have to feed before getting a job pls help me and explain for me everything I need to know thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
Afroresorts:
I submitted on the 19th of April (paper route). The VSF man told me an average of 45 working days today is the 38 working day. Anybody with my timeline so I know if I should start contacting them. Pls I need an urgent response. Thanks People of God.
Timeline depends on the number of applications received.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 12:29am On Jun 13, 2018
ladylco:

Any update yet?

None yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 12:32am On Jun 13, 2018
rosebuzz:
Hello everyone pls I want to travel to Canada and I want to know how much I will need 4 the visa & everything I don't have anyone there I want to go & start my life afresh. will I get a Job immediately I get dere how about a house, how much will I need to have to feed before getting a job pls help me and explain for me everything I need to know thanks

You’re in the wrong page/section. Google or find Canada Express Entry here on nairaland, u can continue your quest for knowledge from there. Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpepper: 3:28am On Jun 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My parents are planning to come to Canada on a visitor visa in August and I am not sure how to go about the Visa application to up their chances of approval. My dad is a lecturer, he is coming for a conference(5 days) and has been to conferences in different parts of the world, he has the invitation letter, hotel accommodation which is part of the conference package, I don't think he should have any issues.

However, My mum does not work and they want to apply together so that she can maybe ride on his application to get an approval for hers since her work history/travel history is not all that; she has travelled with him for one of his conferences, has been to hajj so a little bit of travel history.

I discovered that if I apply online their applications will be treated separately as per separate profile has to be created for each person and all that, unlike PR application; it may not work out well for my mum. I feel paper might be better since both of their applications will be packaged in the same envelope so perhaps they can treat them together, I know each person will probably be assessed individually but my dad has a letter of confirmation from his place of work stating that he will be travelling with her, coming back to his job etc so hopefully that counts for something.

She will not be coming with him, we just want to use the opportunity to get her a visa, Hubby and I are PRs in Canada. Need her to be able to come over when I have my baby so planning ahead cos we think applying for her alone at a later time may not work out well.

Any advise on the paper versus online approach based on the peculiarities of the application? Do I need to provide my bank statement for my mum?How many years visa so they typically give people for such short visits? Say we go the paper way do we need an appointment to submit at VFS or can they just go their with the docs?

Apologies for the long post

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Confirm4real(m), House34 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.