Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,911 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2306705 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pointednose: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Candybright:

But its 2months and about one week because biometrics was done on 21st
That's true.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afelouz(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Please, House, An application submitted and paid yesterday 28th, when should one expect mail to proceed for biometric?

thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
Imagine. Should it even have been up to 2 months at all? She has a valid US visa.

pointednose:
That's true.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Apologies. Got your question wrong. It should be within 2 working days

afelouz:
Please, House, An application submitted and paid yesterday 28th, when should one expect mail to proceed for biometric?

thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DANGOTEONE: 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good day to everyone reading this post. Please, can a Nigerian be granted Two(2) Or Four(4) Years Canadian Working Visa? Just met an agent who told me he can procure a two(2) or four(4) Years Canadian Working Visa for me for a fee? Besides, are there opportunities for a Primary Six(6) School Leaving Certificate Holder in Canada for my friend who is a cab driver?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
DANGOTEONE:
Good day to everyone reading this post. Please, can a Nigerian be granted Two(2) Or Four Years Canadian Working Visa? [b]Just met an agent who told me he can procure a two(2) or four(4) Years Canadian Working Visa for me for a fee? [/b]Besides, are there opportunities for a Primary Six(6) School Leaving Certificate Holder in Canada for my friend who is a cab driver?

Uhmmmm Canada working visa

If the agent can do the whole process on his own and get paid when visa is issued then it's a good deal

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uglyaddy: 1:15am On Aug 30, 2019
DANGOTEONE:
Good day to everyone reading this post. Please, can a Nigerian be granted Two(2) Or Four(4) Years Canadian Working Visa? Just met an agent who told me he can procure a two(2) or four(4) Years Canadian Working Visa for me for a fee? Besides, are there opportunities for a Primary Six(6) School Leaving Certificate Holder in Canada for my friend who is a cab driver?

Too sweet to be true......Just dont lose guard.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 2:54am On Aug 30, 2019
afelouz:

thanks
Within 24-48hrs, you should check your profile.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bibiliscious: 6:29am On Aug 30, 2019
FYsol:
Around 72 days. Do you have a valid U.S Visa? If yes, it will be way less.

Maybe it varies cz i also have valid US visa till May 2020 and today is Day 67 and still waiting on feedback (Eligibility review started 10 days ago) so guess i have 5 more days for final decision

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2019
it will end in praise
bibiliscious:

Maybe it varies cz i also have valid US visa till May 2020 and today is Day 67 and still waiting on feedback (Eligibility review started 10 days ago) so guess i have 5 more days for final decision

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 7:25am On Aug 30, 2019
By God's grace

bibiliscious:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jimfarayola(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2019
Good morning everyone .... please my sister needs help, she wants to migrate to Canada, she is a qualified nurse with over 10years experience, she has RM, RN and BNS. Please how can she go about the whole thing of traveling to Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nellykuch: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2019
Run! Run! Run its all scam!
Pls don't say I didn't tell you.
DANGOTEONE:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emily111: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2019
Good morning house please I’m new to this trend a friend of mine who want to apply for Canada visa is asking me on what he or she needs to apply so I assured that I will help him in making findings on it kindly help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afelouz(m): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
Thanks alot.
Candybright:

Within 24-48hrs, you should check your profile.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hoppa(m): 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
emily111:
Good morning house please I’m new to this trend a friend of mine who want to apply for Canada visa is asking me on what he or she needs to apply so I assured that I will help him in making findings on it kindly help
Try and read the trend from the beginning pls.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Castell3486: 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2019
Please how do you know the center processing your application if you applied online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeify1: 12:18am On Aug 31, 2019
Go to the Canada Express Entry thread
jimfarayola:
Good morning everyone .... please my sister needs help, she wants to migrate to Canada, she is a qualified nurse with over 10years experience, she has RM, RN and BNS. Please how can she go about the whole thing of traveling to Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rowon(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2019
Hi people, biometric done since 7th of June . SMS sent twice confirming application under processing. I got another SMS 2 days ago that application under going processing. Presently I am India on a medical visa for my baby, how do I inform them of my India trip. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lily89: 11:44am On Aug 31, 2019
Hi everyone, please I'm new to this thread.
I am a Registered Nurse in United States and also a US citizen.
I am inquiring about my sister who wants to apply for Canadian visitors visa. She has been to the UK once and 3 times to US though her US visa is now expired.

I want her to visit Canada as I will be going to Canada to visit too in a couple of months (the same time she will be in Canada if granted a visa). I'm not a Canadian Citizen, but I am a US Citizen. I know that Canada and US are 2 different countries.

My question is, will writing a letter ( stating that I will be visiting Canada too for tourism) together with proof of my Status in United States and also employment status be of benefit to her during her Canadian Visa application? She also has a friend in Canada who has her PR and willing to send her an invite.

Will it also be good if I add my statement of account as well? As I will be making hotel reservations for us. She also has her own statement of account to add as the primary applicant.

Secondly, can she use 2-3 months bank statements for her application? She has her own business. What other supporting documents can her husband add to her application? He also owns a block industry.

As for family ties, she's married and living with her spouse in Nigeria. She has a 7 months old son who is a US citizen. She paid all her medical Bill's and has all the proof of payment. I would love her to visit with her son and use her hubby as a family tie back home. She can also use my mom too as a tie. Or will it be better to apply for herself alone without including the son in her application? Though her son is a US citizen and doesn't need a Visa to visit Canada.

Lastly, what is the minimum amount for her to have in her account?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer these questions for me. Thank you in advance! smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
jayfierce:
I previously shared the documents I used to get a Canadian visa in 2016 valid till 2021. By God's grace I was able travel to Vancouver in 2017 and havent been to Canada since then. We have a child that is a US citizen.
probably feel like if they dont give your wife the visa you will never go there again cheesy

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2019
Lily89:
I am inquiring about my sister who wants to apply for Canadian visitors visa. She has been to the UK once and 3 times to US though her US visa is now expired.

I want her to visit Canada as I will be going to Canada to visit too in a couple of months (the same time she will be in Canada if granted a visa). I'm not a Canadian Citizen, but I am a US Citizen. I know that Canada and US are 2 different countries.

My question is, will writing a letter ( stating that I will be visiting Canada too for tourism) together with proof of my Status in United States and also employment status be of benefit to her during her Canadian Visa application? She also has a friend in Canada who has her PR and willing to send her an invite.

Will it also be good if I add my statement of account as well? As I will be making hotel reservations for us. She also has her own statement of account to add as the primary applicant.

Secondly, can she use 2-3 months bank statements for her application? She has her own business. What other supporting documents can her husband add to her application? He also owns a block industry.

As for family ties, she's married and living with her spouse in Nigeria. She has a 7 months old son who is a US citizen. She paid all her medical Bill's and has all the proof of payment. I would love her to visit with her son and use her hubby as a family tie back home. She can also use my mom too as a tie. Or will it be better to apply for herself alone without including the son in her application? Though her son is a US citizen and doesn't need a Visa to visit Canada.

I would really appreciate if someone can answer these questions for me. Thank you in advance! smiley

Sorry to ask but what's the purpose of your trip to Canada? A conflict of purpose will have a negative impact if you intend to support application.

She has to show that she and her husband are capable of funding her trip to Canada even if you are taking care of the hotel reservation.

Leaving her 7month son to travel to canada doesn't really sit well. Traveling with him she would need consent letters and proof of residing relationship with her husband.

2-3months statements is not sufficient IMO. The minimum I've seen is 4months for online apllications. Supporting documents list are available on their website. They list documents that show her strong ties to Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lily89: 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
Thank you for your reply.

NothingDoMe:
Sorry to ask but what's the purpose of your trip to Canada? A conflict of purpose will have a negative impact if you intend to support application.

She has to show that she and her husband are capable of funding her trip to Canada even if you are taking care of the hotel reservation.

Leaving her 7month son to travel to canada doesn't really sit well. Traveling with him she would need consent letters and proof of residing relationship with her husband.

2-3months statements is not sufficient IMO. The minimum I've seen is 4months for online apllications. Supporting documents list are available on their website. They list documents that show her strong ties to Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by granmurdafucker(f): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2019
Hello good people. I don't know where to start from as a so confused. Okay, I did canada paper application with my Daughter and it over 40days now. Right now, i need to use My passport for an important stuff this week, please how can I apply to get my passport back and return it back to VFS afterward since my application is still been process Please house I need your respond thanks in anticipation

pufframmy:
congrat finally u have it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by granmurdafucker(f): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2019
Hello good people. I don't know where to start from as a so confused. Okay, I did canada paper application with my Daughter and it over 40days now. Right now, i need to use My passport for an important stuff this week, please how can I apply to get my passport back and return it back to VFS afterward since my application is still been process Please house I need your respond thanks in anticipation

pufframmy:
congrat finally u have it
FYsol:
This guys can be so snail-like. I finally got my passport back today. My timeline

Submission (Online): March 28
Passport Request: July 16
Passport Submitted: July 29
Passport Return: August 27

A whooping 5 months to process a simple TRV

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
My dear Sister,

I must say this is indeed a precarious situation. IRCC do not have provision for people withdrawing their passport before decision is made. The only option is to cancel your application. I copied below from VFS website to further explain my point:

How do I withdraw my International Passport?

If you wish to withdraw your passport, you are required to withdraw your application.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp states the average number of working days taken to process an application. If you wish to withdraw your International Passport before your application is finalized, then you are required to withdraw your application. Please follow these steps:

Send an email directly to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
With "URGENT - I wish to withdraw my application" on the subject line.
The email address of the sender must match that of the clients email on the application or the request will not be actioned.

The DHCC will initiate the withdrawal of your application and the return of your international passport to the VAC within 4 working days.

Please check the status of your application on www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria

granmurdafucker:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeify1: 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
Adding all thedoxumnets u quoted will be fine. I thi k sheshould travel with her son,with consent letter from her hubby. As per ties, herbusiness documentswith proof if business, tax documents, ongoing projects, landed properties and a letter stating all.these and why she would return to Nigeria. She can also harp on previous travels as proof that she will return. Ifherbank balance cam cover all jer expenses for the trio with a sizeablebalance fine. Her husband can also be a co sponsor for her.

Lily89:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by granmurdafucker(f): 12:40am On Sep 02, 2019
Thank you so much @FYsol for your respond.. I have tracked my application its keep showing no record find
Am so pained with the details you explained now.. I don't know where to start what can I possibly do please?

FYsol:
My dear Sister,

I must say this is indeed a precarious situation. IRCC do not have provision for people withdrawing their passport before decision is made. The only option is to cancel your application. I copied below from VFS website to further explain my point:

How do I withdraw my International Passport?

If you wish to withdraw your passport, you are required to withdraw your application.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp states the average number of working days taken to process an application. If you wish to withdraw your International Passport before your application is finalized, then you are required to withdraw your application. Please follow these steps:

Send an email directly to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
With "URGENT - I wish to withdraw my application" on the subject line.
The email address of the sender must match that of the clients email on the application or the request will not be actioned.

The DHCC will initiate the withdrawal of your application and the return of your international passport to the VAC within 4 working days.

Please check the status of your application on www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2019
Good morning all, I am very humble and happy to join this forum and I hope and trust you all will all assist me where you can with information as I will when needed.

I have skimmed through the thread a little and my main purpose is to find out the following below as I and my parents wish to apply for a visit visa to Canada for my kid bros graduation come October 24th 2019. The school invite came today so we are short of time as compared to the processing time 72days.

1. Paper or Online application, which is quickest to catch up the date.
2. Is medical exam and biometrics a must take for this visa?
3. How many months usually given for graduation purpose ?
4. My job was on contract and is currently over January, does this in anyway limit my chance of the visa?
5. if the biometrics or medical exam is compulsory for visitors please where do I go for this?
6. If am applying online, is there provision for father,mother and son on same purpose applying all at once or they are seperate accounts needed for 3 of us?
7. last trip was the UK for study 2014, never been denied.
8. should I make my purpose dynamic incase the graduation is too short to meet up ,so if so, what other reasons can we give so as to atleast get the visas and celebrate with my brother incase the processing time cuts us short.

What are my chances generally ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2019
@Ozzz

1. Paper or Online application, which is quickest to catch up the date. Try Paper.However, I expect processing times to drop

2. Is medical exam and biometrics a must take for this visa? Yes to biometrics ages 14 to 79. No medical exam

3. How many months usually given for graduation purpose ?Depends on the VO

4. My job was on contract and is currently over January, does this in anyway limit my chance of the visa? Truthfully? Yes.

5. if the biometrics or medical exam is compulsory for visitors please where do I go for this? For biometrics, VFS Canada locations in Abuja or Lagos.

6. If am applying online, is there provision for father,mother and son on same purpose applying all at once or they are seperate accounts needed for 3 of us? No Separate account needed. Use this tool to generate the required documents
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

7. last trip was the UK for study 2014, never been denied.Travel history is a positive factor

8. should I make my purpose dynamic incase the graduation is too short to meet up ,so if so, what other reasons can we give so as to atleast get the visas and celebrate with my brother incase the processing time cuts us short. Multipurpose? Like tourism? Sure. You just have to convince the VO that you are a genuine tourist.

What are my chances generally ? Asses your eligibility.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/eligibility-admissibility-considerations.html

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hoppa(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
granmurdafucker:
Thank you so much @FYsol for your respond.. I have tracked my application its keep showing no record find
Am so pained with the details you explained now.. I don't know where to start what can I possibly do please?

It should track. You are not using the right information. Pls go back to the tracking page of vfs to track pls. Use the tracking id on the receipt you got from vsf when you submitted.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2019
Any more updates on June Applicant?
please share with us oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Biamoz(m), Derende(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.