Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322328 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Packageman: 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
jj17cv:
@vicidomini

What is your purpose of visit ? Well cic verify your bank account if the account is legit i will advice you to face your bank and printout new statement account with a reference letter . meanwhile truth set you free CIC sabi oluwole

@packageman
That is where you nail your leg why not fill it well since you escape ban you can reapply any time but make sure you fill your USA refusal and write a personal letter reason why you forgot to fill it that is all. .

it was my agent that filled it for me.. my purpose of visit is Christmas vacation. my bank account and reference letter is legit from first bank... with 9million on it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
@packageman
You have to reapply by your self and fill the form by your self your agent made a big mistake not to fill your US refusal ...Canada and US share d same data info you can reaply any time soon am sure they will grant u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Packageman:

@Packageman
it was my agent that filled it for me.. my purpose of visit is Christmas vacation. my bank account and reference letter is legit from first bank... with 9million on it.

Probably, your agent didn't know you have been denied before, so he filled in No, you should fill the form this time, and write a letter of explanation, how the agent filled it in error, and also explain reasons US denied you last year.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
Candybright:
Is it possible for one to go for biometrics without international passport cos Passport is with another embassy. She has a copy of the data page. Anyone?

I think they still need to sight your passport, normally you go with your passport and coloured photocopy, they give you back your passport and photocopy after biometrics has been completed. this is for online application, however, it's not out of place to try going with the photocopy provided it's legible enough, who knows, having explained yourself genuinely the officer in charge may pardon, since details needed are on the photocopy as well

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Packageman:

Get your bank Head office to write a reference letter and they should be at alert to confirm it to the embassy.Make sure you print same bank statement then LOE- you can add a public notary to it stating that the statement is correct. Sometimes delay in confirming reference letter from bank can lead to that. All the best. They will give you the visa but reply immediately before the days given.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
@henryvic, you tagged the wrong person packageman, instead of @vincidomini.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
Get your bank Head office to write a reference letter and they should be at alert to confirm it to the embassy.Make sure you print same bank statement then LOE- you can add a public notary to it stating that the statement is correct. Sometimes delay in confirming reference letter from bank can lead to that. All the best. They will give you the visa but reply immediately before the days given.
vicidomini:
Happy Weekend Naira landers pls i have a very disturbing situation at the moment with the Canada visit visa, i received a reply yesterday Friday the 15th After over 3 months of submission with the Subject ‘Procedural Fairness’ and the only issue they have is that they are not satisfied that my bank statement is legit and i am being given 10 days to ‘RESPOND to this information’ and that supposed to submit additional information (document(s) within this Timeframeas it is now I haven’t been denied but i am very confused at the kind of response or document i am supposed to provide at this critical stage, pls i am asking for anyone who can help me with ideas or shed more light on this case. Thank you all in anticipation!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vicidomini: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
@ jj17cv : my reason for traveling is Visiting, the date on my annual leave has elapsed already but that wasn’t indicated in their issue, just the bank statement, are you suggesting i then print out the same bank statement I submitted with a reference letter from the bank and submit this? I was thinking of going to the bank to ask for an acknowledgment letter and also police report to show i am not involved in any thing incriminating.

@packageman : thank you very much for your insight and faith in me getting the visa but pls what is the full meaning of LOE? At first I didn’t add the bank reference letter in my application when submitting, will printing out the same bank statement alsongside the public notary be sufficient to convince the consular my account is legit in this case?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vicidomini: 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
@henryvic : thank you very much for your insight and faith in me getting the visa but pls what is the full meaning of LOE? At first I didn’t add the bank reference letter in my application when submitting, will printing out the same bank statement alsongside the public notary be sufficient to convince the consular my account is legit in this case?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
@vicidomini
Since your account statement is legit printout new statement of account if you submit 4 months printout 6 months if you submit 6months printout 1year and make sure the available balance make sense . add letter of Explanation and refrence letter from bank address to Canada embassy let them know what is going on in the bank I think ur bank don't reply them in time some bank are lazy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Testimonies: 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
kkokoma:
Update: I just received a mail that my passport has been couriered from the VAC to me. Please who knows the courier service they use?

Hi,
Please I just got a passport request for my mum in Port Harcourt. What are the documents needed to be submitted to the VAC in Abuja?
We would like to mail the passport to them. So which courier service do you think is better for this and does VAC send back the stamped passport to her? If yes, do we need to pay anything for this service or we just attach a return envelope to the passport when mailing it out?
Please note the only option we have now is to mail out the passport.
Please others can contribute, thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Testimonies: 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
Fizzywah:
Hi guys... My mum has been told to submit her passport. She however lives in portharcourt. What's the best way to send the passport. I am also supposed to pay back fees. Pls I need directions.Thanks

Hi,
Please I can see you have passed through this process. My mum also lives in Port Harcourt and has been requested to submit her passport. We want to use courier to mail it out.
What documents did she have to submit?
What did she have to pay for and to whom?
Did she pay for a return envelope so they could send the stamped passport back to her?
Please fill me in on what you did.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Calypso1234(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
Am interested in any of Italy, Germany, Spain or France.

ty01:

Which of the Schengen countries are you interested in so we can advise appropriately. Even if your Canada visa is approved today, you have up to a month grace to submit your passport and most Schengen are approved within a month. Hence I believe you’re good to go if you submit your Schengen application by next week.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
jj17cv:
@vicidomini
Since your account statement is legit printout new statement of account if you submit 4 months printout 6 months if you submit 6months printout 1year and make sure the available balance make sense . add letter of Explanation and refrence letter from bank address to Canada embassy let them know what is going on in the bank I think ur bank don't reply them in time some bank are lazy

Especially access bank

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajibsonmama: 3:22am On Nov 17, 2019
Hello nairalanders, I have been a silent reader of this discussion group and I appreciate everybody's contribution, God bless you all peeps.
I have an urgent question that needs urgent response and I am sure with your help a miracle can happen.
I applied alongside my husband and two children on the 13th October for a TRV via paper route, unfortunately, we we refused today and I am sure it is because we forgot to mention that we have been refused a U.s visa before. We submitted everything you can imagine as always discussed on this platform.
Primary applicant- no travel history, well funded
Mother and daughters travelled previously to Ghana, London twice and Dubai once. How can I address this issue and can I reapply immediately via online route? Can someone help me with the sample letter to explain it was an over sight. Mother and daughters were once refused a U.k visa and we stated this in the application but totally forgot to state the U.S refusal. Do we have to print another bank statement and submit everything afresh? Or do we just write the letter and submit with a new application. Please your prompt response would be of great help. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:11am On Nov 17, 2019
Testimonies:

Hi,
Please I just got a passport request for my mum in Port Harcourt. What are the documents needed to be submitted to the VAC in Abuja?
We would like to mail the passport to them. So which courier service do you think is better for this and does VAC send back the stamped passport to her? If yes, do we need to pay anything for this service or we just attach a return envelope to the passport when mailing it out?

*Passport Request letter
*The passport document
*Coloured photocopy of passports biopage (email and phone number written on the photocopy)
*The biometrics printout slip

DHL or UPS to send to VAC

Go to VFS global site to book the courier service to send passport to your home when done. and yes it's not free, try and contact vfs by email, phone or webchat before doing this.

Hope this helps....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:12am On Nov 17, 2019
vicidomini:
@henryvic : thank you very much for your insight and faith in me getting the visa but pls what is the full meaning of LOE? At first I didn’t add the bank reference letter in my application when submitting, will printing out the same bank statement alsongside the public notary be sufficient to convince the consular my account is legit in this case?

LOE= Letter of Explanation

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajibsonmama: 8:59am On Nov 17, 2019
@ Ozzzzzzz Thank you very much for your prompt response, pleasevhow long will it take to get the gcm notes?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vicidomini: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2019
@Ozzz thank you so much i have already started on that.

@jj17cv pls can i contact you via phone i would like to find out a couple of things personally pls

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vicidomini: 10:09am On Nov 17, 2019
@henryvic also can i talk to you via phone pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:34am On Nov 17, 2019
any October /November approval pls update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ajibsonmama:
@ Ozzzzzzz Thank you very much for your prompt response, pleasevhow long will it take to get the gcm notes?

you are welcome @Ajibsonmama, please take note the list is for online application, dunno whether it's same for paper applications, as for how long, I don't know....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Testimonies: 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ozzz:

*Passport Request letter
*The passport document
*Coloured photocopy of passports biopage (email and phone number written on the photocopy)
*The biometrics printout slip

DHL or UPS to send to VAC

Go to VFS global site to book the courier service to send passport to your home when done. and yes it's not free, try and contact vfs by email, phone or webchat before doing this.

Hope this helps....

Thank you very much and of course it does help.
Thanks once again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
I actually submitted from Port Harcourt. I used Red Star Express at Stadium Road. I paid the VAC fees through online transfer for both the Passport Transmittal and for Return Passport Courier. I included a letter with my address, detailing what i was sending, my passport, Passport request letter and the payment transaction receipts, i also sent them a mail attaching the receipts and the passport request letter ( which they acknowledged)

I later received my passport by courier stamped till the end of its validity - 4 years

Testimonies:

Hi,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Testimonies: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
kkokoma:
I actually submitted from Port Harcourt. I used Red Star Express at Stadium Road. I paid the VAC fees through online transfer for both the Passport Transmittal and for Return Passport Courier. I included a letter with my address, detailing what i was sending, my passport, Passport request letter and the payment transaction receipts, i also sent them a mail attaching the receipts and the passport request letter ( which they acknowledged)

I later received my passport by courier stamped till the end of its validity - 4 years

Thanks a lot I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fizzywah(m): 4:17am On Nov 18, 2019
Testimonies:

Hi,
Please I can see you have passed through this process. My mum also lives in Port Harcourt and has been requested to submit her passport. We want to use courier to mail it out.
What documents did she have to submit?
What did she have to pay for and to whom?
Did she pay for a return envelope so they could send the stamped passport back to her?
Please fill me in on what you did.
Thanks a lot.

Hi .. I just submitted the letter that requested the passport,her visa/biometrics receipts,letter of authorization to allow someone drop the passport. I paid for courier service through the lady. However the tracking number isn't showing me anything although vfs sent mumsy an email acknowledging receiving the passport.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 7:31am On Nov 18, 2019
@makylove101, any updates ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: icu4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.