Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328142 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2019
Not sure... eligibility review takes two weeks ... I really don’t know what’s going on these days...
jj17cv:
Any October / Nov updates
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
after BVL how days for decision?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
@Angie32
Don't worry you will received your BVL & PPR together just believe

@henryvic

Yes after BVL final decision when did you submit and what route paper or online
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
@henryvic did you get a BVL?
henryvic:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
Online september 28 got BVL today.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
@henryvic, for most online applications, final decision comes within 24 to 48 hours after obtaining BVL.
henryvic:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Angie32:
Not sure... eligibility review takes two weeks ... I really don’t know what’s going on these days...
This wait is tiring and frustrating. I’ve never waited this long for any visa. Eligibility review started since 5th of November. At time I feel like withdrawing the application sef. Its either they are inefficient or our Naija banks et-al delay in responding to the embassy’s confirmations and enquiries.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
@ty01
You are right mostly naija bank they are like lazy youth especially access bank so lazy ,..a friend of mine eligibility review started on the 4th of November Know BVL yet
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mim1031: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
ty01:

This wait is tiring and frustrating. I’ve never waited this long for any visa. Eligibility review started since 5th of November. At time I feel like withdrawing the application sef. Its either they are inefficient or our Naija banks et-al delay in responding to the embassy’s confirmations and enquiries.

I’m not sure this is about naija banks � I submitted my application August 28th, Biometrics on September 3rd and they are yet to start my eligibility review � I sent several mails, no response
I applied from the UK and processing was meant to be 53days�
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
That’s great! Expect a final decision soon
henryvic:
Online september 28 got BVL today.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
henryvic:

Successful Applications recieve Original Passport request Letter between 24 to 48hrs of recieving correspondence letter or BVL, while longer "may" likely mean it wasn't successful judging thus far from members of this thread and their application journey.

Note: it's just an observation and not 100% Valid.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
mim1031:

I’m not sure this is about naija banks � I submitted my application August 28th, Biometrics on September 3rd and they are yet to start my eligibility review � I sent several mails, no response
I applied from the UK and processing was meant to be 53days�

Oh wao! I’m speechless...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abubuyaya: 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
Awwww....bless you Ozzz for taking the time to look this through with me. I see the thought process you've shared and I'm giving them good consideration.

I applied for TRV since Sept 05 to have a baby. Got ADR last week to pay my bills upfront and upload health authority's confirmation that we've done so. Submitted on Thurs.

Had gone far with the TRV before a stroke of luck, changed it all and put us back on EE pool with good score, and then ITA. We're ready to submit and just wondered if having both applications violate any IRCC rules.

A decision can't be far away. Will wait a little longer and then take a decision

Thanks again

Ozzz:

this is more like choosing between temporary and permanent residence grin I think permanent residence is more important, so focus on it.

Canada supports dual intent, however if you have already submitted for trv there is a higher tendency they will deny because trv visa is saying you are Going temporarily to come back but PR is saying you want to settle there....So a VO having inputed your UCI number, may think if granted visit visa, you will not come back since you have shown interest to settle.

If the visit reason is an emergency or something of high importance with adequate proof you could be granted.

Another scenario is, if your trv application has gone far in processing and you are positive to get approved, you submit your PR application at the dine days, you may be lucky the PR factor wont affect it... but this is a very dicy scenario.

Also, if you apply for the visit and get denied, remember you will have to update it on your PR application and you know this isn't good to add to it

A successful PR still gets you a 1year visa from medicals date, for pr landing although in about 6months, 60days time.
So you may need to ponder all this scenarios and choose which cross you can bear...

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 11:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
Abubuyaya:
Awwww....bless you Ozzz for taking the time to look this through with me. I see the thought process you've shared and I'm giving them good consideration.

I applied for TRV since Sept 05 to have a baby. Got ADR last week to pay my bills upfront and upload health authority's confirmation that we've done so. Submitted on Thurs.

Had gone far with the TRV before a stroke of luck, changed it all and put us back on EE pool with good score, and then ITA. We're ready to submit and just wondered if having both applications violate any IRCC rules.

A decision can't be far away. Will wait a little longer and then take a decision

Thanks again

@Abubuyaya, bless you too.
I think giving birth is an emergency, so therefore you have a clear case of dual intent which canada supports, going by this I think you should be fine with having both approved successfully , but still delay the the post ITA documents submission till the fiftieth plus days to be well assured.
Note: don't forget to add you are pregnant when submitting for PR if not already included. Wishing you Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbemzow: 1:47am On Nov 21, 2019
Update!
So I was at the Vfs center today to check if my passport is ready, but it is not yet with them, it is still at the embassy. The crowd there was really massive, its like everybody is trying to run Away. I wonder why they are still keeping my passport after all BVL dropped since 13th November, please anyone with paper application, how long did it take to return passport after BVL dropped?
Please does anyone have information on how I can request my back fast? I need the passport on Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 1:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Gbemzow:
Update!
So I was at the Vfs center today to check if my passport is ready, but it is not yet with them, it is still at the embassy. The crowd there was really massive, its like everybody is trying to run Away. I wonder why they are still keeping my passport after all BVL dropped since 13th November, please anyone with paper application, how long did it take to return passport after BVL dropped?
Please does anyone have information on how I can request my back fast? I need the passport on Tuesday.
Maybe they decided to do more background checks. They do this very well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Ozzz:
@kenny
So sorry for the refusal, their reasons seem straight forward, it's difficult for me or anyone to know the reasons especially when we don't know what documents you submitted and your exact situation, however we can try. answering these few questions honestly could lead to a resolution hopefully.

1. Did you apply separately or together ?
2.Was this an online application ?
3.If you applied together, who was the primary applicant and sponsor?
4.The previous denial of your husband, did you tick yes he was denied before ? and did you explain further the reasons for the previous denial , and also if yes, did you get a solution in this new application to the previous reason he was denied ?

When it comes to previous denials and reapplying, I read, if your situation has not changed, do not reapply, meaning if you have not found solution to the previous problem, the problem remains present and decision won't change.

As for family ties to Canada, am beginning to feel they want you to have somebody or better still a relation inviting you over for the vacation. (I maybe wrong) This thing is just psychology they use.

@ozzz, thanks for your feedback.
To answer your questions,

1) Did you apply separately or together ? - YES
2.Was this an online application ? - YES
3.If you applied together, who was the primary applicant and sponsor? - MY HUSBAND
4.The previous denial of your husband, did you tick yes he was denied before “YES”, and did you explain further the reasons forthe previous denial - “NO” and also if yes, did you get a solution in this new application to the previous reason he was denied ?- NO.

Now, my questions is , How do we go about getting solutions to the reasons for the denials, see attached d reason for d first time visa refusal.
As for family ties, We don’t have a relative in canada that can invite us.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2019
Ozzz:
@kenny
So sorry for the refusal, their reasons seem straight forward, it's difficult for me or anyone to know the reasons especially when we don't know what documents you submitted and your exact situation, however we can try. answering these few questions honestly could lead to a resolution hopefully.

1. Did you apply separately or together ?
2.Was this an online application ?
3.If you applied together, who was the primary applicant and sponsor?
4.The previous denial of your husband, did you tick yes he was denied before ? and did you explain further the reasons for the previous denial , and also if yes, did you get a solution in this new application to the previous reason he was denied ?

When it comes to previous denials and reapplying, I read, if your situation has not changed, do not reapply, meaning if you have not found solution to the previous problem, the problem remains present and decision won't change.

As for family ties to Canada, am beginning to feel they want you to have somebody or better still a relation inviting you over for the vacation. (I maybe wrong) This thing is just psychology they use.

To answer your questions,

1) Did you apply separately or together ? - YES, TOGETHER
2.Was this an online application ? - YES
3.If you applied together, who was the primary applicant and sponsor? - MY HUSBAND
4.The previous denial of your husband, did you tick yes he was denied before “YES”, and did you explain further the reasons forthe previous denial - “NO” and also if yes, did you get a solution in this new application to the previous reason he was denied ?- NO.

Now, my questions is , How do we go about getting solutions to the reasons for the denials, see attached d reason for d first time visa refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abubuyaya: 9:08am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok. Noted

Thank you once more

Ozzz:

@Abubuyaya, bless you too.
I think giving birth is an emergency, so therefore you have a clear case of dual intent which canada supports, going by this I think you should be fine with having both approved successfully , but still delay the the post ITA documents submission till the fiftieth plus days to be well assured.
Note: don't forget to add you are pregnant when submitting for PR if not already included. Wishing you Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifisco(f): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2019
So my friend got a procedural reference letter from the embassy ,

Stated that there was misinformation and that the section 2b and 2d wasn’t answered correctly .

They want to give him 5 years ban but they want him to explain himself within 5 days .

He has been denied USA before but forgot to include it .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2019
kennyliza:

@Kenny, you mean me today ooo lol

i am afraid that the primary applicant success or failure has a great influence on the secondary applicants as the the fate of the primary applicant can determine the fate of the secondary especially when the P.A. is the sponsor.

Anyway, I think first things first is to share the list of documents you submitted for the previous application.

Because for me personally I can't tell what went wrong but definitely something around your finances is not right and supporting documents I guess. I believe other elders who have more experience will give you answers here after you share your documents submitted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 11:12am On Nov 21, 2019
@ifisco
Your friend may face ban just cos she fill NO intand of Yes she should write a letter of apology and see how it goes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 11:22am On Nov 21, 2019
Please how about if you ticked YES and give reasons why you were denied previously in canada and didnt remember state US visa?
jj17cv:
@ifisco
Your friend may face ban just cos she fill NO stand of Yes she should write a letter of apology and see how it goes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by drnoel: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2019
Hallo peeps, have been reading all Ur stories, advices and comments. Have also seen how u guys encourage urselves, Nigerians u guys rock esp the ones that have focus.
Now to my question. I intend to visit Canada with my family of 5 (we have 3 children under 7) and would like to know any nice places one can go to, see and have fun. My Wife and children want to see Canada so I promised them we would go there but my own personal reason for wanting to go is not just to visit.
I am looking for possible school options for my son who has autism spectrum and I am curious to know what options are on ground in Canada. If I like those options for my son, then I may consider emigrating in the near future but not now, as I am happy where I am.

NB: I would like to add that we don't need to apply for a visa to visit and we can stay in Canada for up to 90 days every year if we choose to visit which by the way we have no intention of doing, cos I have to return to work since I am only taking 2 weeks of leave.

I do hope my epistle above was clear a bit and I apologize if it wasn't.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2019
@goldosa
The person will not face ban but he need to inform them now and let them know that he don't remember to state the US refusal ... that is auto refused
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 11:59am On Nov 21, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
Please what will be the Type of application/enquiry ?
jj17cv:
@goldosa

Here is it

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
please do you mean even if i write them now, is still auto refusal?
goldosa:
Please what is the process , i will really appreciate to contact you for guidance. please how can i contact you urgently. thank you sir.
you can call me on 8053257742, i will call you back immediately. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
@goldosa

You have to inform them now to avoid refusal

Use this

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=London
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
PLEASE DO I NEED TO INCLUDE ANY DOCUMENTS TO MY REQUEST?
jj17cv:
@goldosa

You have to inform them now to avoid refusal

Use this

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=London

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.