Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2340889 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONDS, PLEASE HOW CAN I SEND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. THANK YOU.
ty01:

US and Canada share immigration information. I can bet, they are aware you were denied. Your refusal is almost guaranteed if you do not act now. You had better send them additional information and explain that you not including your previous US refusal was an oversight. Please act now before the decision is made.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tboyq(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
ty01:

Not yet oooo; I dey refresh my mail almost every second grin.
I’m very optimistic it’ll come this week though. Thanks for checking.

Not only you Oo, I'm tired of refreshing my email. BVL dropped since Thursday I4th of November.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
goldosa:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONDS, PLEASE HOW CAN I SEND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. THANK YOU.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=London
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
kennyliza:

Thank you @ozzz

@Ozzz, thank you for your help.

However, before I could send a mail, I received a visa denied mail for my husband. See attached the reason for d refusal which doesn’t make sense for the following reasons:
1) My husband First degree was in Uk and on completion, he came back back to Naija, been to US twice and Dubai once.
2) family ties in canada- he does not have anybody in canada and we are his family ties here in naija apart from his mother and siblings
3)purpose of visit was for “ “vacation”, which we clearly stated all d places he will visit.

Can you guide what went wrong as this is d 2nd time he is being denied canada visa?

Lastly, I am yet to receive my final decision,what are my chances of getting a visa since my husband, the main applicant, has been denied.

I will be awaiting your feedback

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
What were the reasons for his first refusal? How many months ago was his first application?

Did he order gcms note after the first application? If not, I will advise he does not apply again until he has a copy to the note to the more accurate on how he was refused.

kennyliza:

However, before I could send a mail, I received a visa denied mail for my husband. See attached the reason for d refusal which doesn’t make sense for the following reasons:
1) My husband First degree was in Uk and on completion, he came back back to Naija, been to US twice and Dubai once.
2) family ties in canada- he does not have anybody in canada and we are his family ties here in naija apart from his mother and siblings
3)purpose of visit was for “ “vacation”, which we clearly stated all d places he will visit.

Can you guide what went wrong as this is d 2nd time he is being denied canada visa?

Lastly, I am yet to receive my final decision,what are my chances of getting a visa since my husband, the main applicant, has been denied.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
@kenny
So sorry for the refusal, their reasons seem straight forward, it's difficult for me or anyone to know the reasons especially when we don't know what documents you submitted and your exact situation, however we can try. answering these few questions honestly could lead to a resolution hopefully.

1. Did you apply separately or together ?
2.Was this an online application ?
3.If you applied together, who was the primary applicant and sponsor?
4.The previous denial of your husband, did you tick yes he was denied before ? and did you explain further the reasons for the previous denial , and also if yes, did you get a solution in this new application to the previous reason he was denied ?

When it comes to previous denials and reapplying, I read, if your situation has not changed, do not reapply, meaning if you have not found solution to the previous problem, the problem remains present and decision won't change.

As for family ties to Canada, am beginning to feel they want you to have somebody or better still a relation inviting you over for the vacation. (I maybe wrong) This thing is just psychology they use.

kennyliza:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by samax207: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
:32pm
Hello guys, please can I use a German insurance company certificate as travel insurance when asked to bring my passport for visa. I used the company for my enrollment.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
Thank you for this, please is there any particular procedure to write the letter.... thank you.
Ozzz:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=London
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbemzow: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2019
Good morning house.please can I walk in to Vfs in Lekki to check if my passport is ready for pick up, I haven't received any other mail since BVL dropped on the 13th November and it is paper application. They ought to have made a decision now Negative or positive, and return our passports

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
@Gbemzow
Tracking your application first sometimes its happen when your final decision don't come in time .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2019
LMAO...I finally got an update yesterday. Yaaay!
Ozzz:

Naa waa oo, abi dem want chop the passport ni...

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2019
UPDATE:

Our CIC account (hubby and I) was updated yesterday, 19th November. Approved.

Counterfoil document number now available on the portal.

The visa expires one day before expiration of our passports.

Mine is valid till 2029!!! Whoop whoop! TEN YEARS baby, lol.

Hubby is till 2023!

Thanks everyone for all that you do here...

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2019
makylove101:
UPDATE:

Hubby is till 2023!

Woow congrats maky, I can officially say merry white Christmas in advance, happy for you, make sure you update us here with point of entry interview questions ooo, no forget us...
no go pepper your hubby oo, similar case with mum and, where her passport expiry is 1year after dads, na him we no hear word for house again oo lol

Do you know VFS sent me mail to come and pick up yesterday grin, me that have already picked up 1 week gone.
The mail was 6days late..... This is to tell you your passport has been lying there probably since the 13th waiting for them to signal you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbemzow: 9:11am On Nov 20, 2019
Congratulations @ Makylove101, enjoy your Vacation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2019
makylove101:
UPDATE:

Hubby is till 2023!

I just love Canadian VO, not greedy at all......

10yrs visa with that little Visa fee

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2019
Gbemzow:
Good morning house.please can I walk in to Vfs in Lekki to check if my passport is ready for pick up, I haven't received any other mail since BVL dropped on the 13th November and it is paper application. They ought to have made a decision now Negative or positive, and return our passports

@Gbemzow,
your paper application is quite fast ooo,
Judging from the processing time for paper applications since mid year, I think you should go to vfs if it's convenient for you but carry the printout slip and passport photocopy page, irrespective of the decision it's better to get it fast than after 100 days in December or January.
To be honest that bvl dropping since 13th dey fear me for you, but nothing God cannot do. I wish you success.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2019
Ahhh I dey feel your mumsy abeg! My "pepper them" level is on a roll o! I cant shout. Hubby is wishing he could turn the hands of time. Unfortunately the ten years option wasnt available when he renewed his passport last year.

Lol @VFS, those guys are jokers sha...
Ozzz:

Woow congrats maky, I can officially say merry white Christmas in advance, happy for you, make sure you update us here with point of entry interview questions ooo, no forget us...
no go pepper your hubby oo, similar case with mum and, where her passport expiry is 1year after dads, na him we no hear word for house again oo lol

Do you know VFS sent me mail to come and pick up yesterday grin, me that have already picked up 1 week gone.
The mail was 6days late..... This is to tell you your passport has been lying there probably since the 13th waiting for them to signal you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks Gbemzow.
Gbemzow:
Congratulations @ Makylove101, enjoy your Vacation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abubuyaya: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2019
Great Nairalanders

I have a TRV application in process. I also got ITA in the last round. Can I submit my PR Application now? Before an outcome on the TRV is reached?

Has anyone had these 2 applications running at the same time? Did it pose a problem?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2019
Abubuyaya:
Great Nairalanders

I have a TRV application in process. I also got ITA in the last round. Can I submit my PR Application now? Before an outcome on the TRV is reached?

Has anyone had these 2 applications running at the same time? Did it pose a problem?

Thank you
Focus in your PR application. You should care less about TRV application for now.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2019
@Makylove101
Congratulations Wow Ten years valid date Canada Vo don't waste time on that they only sleep on applications process . Hmmm Uk Vo be like 6months visa first timer

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Abubuyaya:
Great Nairalanders

Thank you

this is more like choosing between temporary and permanent residence grin I think permanent residence is more important, so focus on it.

Canada supports dual intent, however if you have already submitted for trv there is a higher tendency they will deny because trv visa is saying you are Going temporarily to come back but PR is saying you want to settle there....So a VO having inputed your UCI number, may think if granted visit visa, you will not come back since you have shown interest to settle.

If the visit reason is an emergency or something of high importance with adequate proof you could be granted.

Another scenario is, if your trv application has gone far in processing and you are positive to get approved, you submit your PR application at the dine days, you may be lucky the PR factor wont affect it... but this is a very dicy scenario.

Also, if you apply for the visit and get denied, remember you will have to update it on your PR application and you know this isn't good to add to it

A successful PR still gets you a 1year visa from medicals date, for pr landing although in about 6months, 60days time.
So you may need to ponder all this scenarios and choose which cross you can bear...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thank you @jj17cv. Actually it depends, a UK first timer can actually get a two years visa if you pay for it and can prove that you'de come back to Naija and provide required documentation.
jj17cv:
@Makylove101
Congratulations Wow Ten years valid date Canada Vo don't waste time on that they only sleep on applications process . Hmmm Uk Vo be like 6months visa first timer

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbemzow: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
@Ozzz, paper applications are faster than Online, my cousin's application took 28 days, she collected her visa last week Monday. Other people that I know too get visas in less than 1 month for paper application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibe003(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Gbemzow:
@Ozzz, paper applications are faster than Online, my cousin's application took 28 days, she collected her visa last week Monday. Other people that I know too get visas in less than 1 month for paper application.
wow that’s so fast how much will it cost to get the visa and the process
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2019
Gbemzow:

@Gbemzow, I see

Probably the successful and efficient paper applications do not come on nairaland to source info, or share info. if approved visas like the online applicants. Good to know.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cheapfone: 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ozzz:

So sorry to hear @cheapfone, where the reasons for refusal stated or your agent will order GCMS Notes ?

Maybe you should just go ahead with your U.S. application.
Said its travel history and virgin passport

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beautyaddy: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
makylove101:
UPDATE:

Hubby is till 2023!

Hmmm...That shows that Canada desperately needs people in their Country.

Does Canadian Citizens also get the same reciprocal Nigerian visa for ten years?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please any difference between correspondence letter and BVL for TRV?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
henryvic:
Please any difference between correspondence letter and BVL for TRV?
its Same, the term BVL came from Permanent Residence applicants I guess.. but on a trv it's Correspondence letter containing bvl details.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
Any October / Nov updates

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Tamad101(f), olakunle10, Ijeamaka1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.