Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318174 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hello @uchetobi. I believe that was what helped with mine. Maybe you should do the same if you do reapply. Also adding your children's school fees receipt might help. The truth is I can't really say what goes on with them when they are going through people's applications. I just decided to go all out with documentation when I applied. I didnt want to regret leaving out anything. I also chose a "not so popular" location but family friendly and opted for a very short trip(6 days). The "6 days" was mainly due to the small funds available at the time. So that was peculiar to my application. I will suggest you get your gcms notes first before reapplying though.
uchetobi:

Payslips - joint monthly salary of about 4m and twice that in savings (6 months bank statement)

Letter of intro from our companies - one is an American well known company with employment letters attached

Itenerary with details of the trips and budget
Flight reservation
Hotel reservation

Passport with over 18 countries visited and 4 trips this year.

Marriage certificate

A whole lot of documents really, can’t remember half of it.

P.s we also have American children and maybe should have emphasized that this was not a birth trip. We still had valid US visas hence I did not think to mention and emphasize this. We even have international hmo that covers all medical expenses in Canada & the world. dint attach this so the trip doesn’t look like it’s for its for birthing purposes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
@ty01

Sorry to hear your refusal don't stress your self your documents is well package with stronge travel history ....I dont blame them ppl are rushing them meanwhile they are just denied innocent applications whoever apply for Canada visit now is 50/50 know matter how documents you package .....Just relax reapply next year and go for paper route
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
grin grin grin
Demicoker:
Now na American babies,Nairobi Kenya,not enough ties,nothing we no go hear for this Canada visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GameOfThrones77: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2019
Okestra01:
Submitted my application on 1st of Nov and did biometric same day.I just received a mail that my passport is ready for collectionSeems very fast.Its either I go there tomorrow or Monday unfailingly. I'll be right here by then to update the outcome.

Pls when did you get your BVL update?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
Thank you bro. You are a good man with a kind heart. I am not thinking of anything Canada for now as I don’t even know what to add to my application. I’ll apply for the gcms notes just to understand the VO’s thought process and then decide on next steps. Thanks again!

jj17cv:
@ty01

Sorry to hear your refusal don't stress your self your documents is well package with stronge travel history ....I dont blame them ppl are rushing them meanwhile they are just denied innocent applications whoever apply for Canada visit now is 50/50 know matter how documents you package .....Just relax reapply next year and go for paper route

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchetobi(f): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
makylove101:
Hello @uchetobi. I believe that was what helped with mine. Maybe you should do the same if you do reapply. Also adding your children's school fees receipt might help. The truth is I can't really say what goes on with them when they are going through people's applications. I just decided to go all out with documentation when I applied. I didnt want to regret leaving out anything. I also chose a "not so popular" location but family friendly and opted for a very short trip(6 days). The "6 days" was mainly due to the small funds available at the time. So that was peculiar to my application. I will suggest you get your gcms notes first before reapplying though.

Thanks dear. You are right. Wasn’t planning to go with my kids hence I dint even think of that.

My circumstances has changed via residency in another country and I will be able to enter Canada freely next year which was why I was considering withdrawing my application but left it since I dint expect them to deny me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrskay2017: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Thanks for your response, i appreciate

quote author=makylove101 post=84650375]I would suggest you build up your ties back home. Travelling alone helps with that too. Add your bank statements, intro, confirmation and promotion letters from the office. Tax clearance certificates, pay slips, pension statement etc, if you have. Plus it will help if you have a property or two. Your hubby's business account can act as a buffer. But first, go through the thread. [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Franeby: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
Please which country residency is this? Do u mind sharing?

uchetobi:

Thanks dear. You are right. Wasn’t planning to go with my kids hence I dint even think of that.

My circumstances has changed via residency in another country and I will be able to enter Canada freely next year which was why I was considering withdrawing my application but left it since I dint expect them to deny me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:08am On Dec 06, 2019
@ty01, so sorry for the refusal, your refusal touch me,
as for your documents submitted I don't see any issues oo, I really dunno how they judged your application, your documents are on point.....

however if I must pick something may be you should have used an invitation from your in-law, but then again that isn't your plan to go see them maybe they used reverse psychology, so I give up, go flex dubai, I heard it's 3days to get dubai visa.

Finally Am curious to know what the GCMS notes will report..

All the best man..

ty01:
Hello All,

Just as I promised, I am here to provide feedback on my Canada visa application.

Summary is that I was refused with just one singular claim that they are not sure I will leave Canada after my visit. This decision is ridiculous and baseless and I think this Canada visit visa thing is fast becoming a gamble and a game of luck.

Please I apologise if I sound pompous and proud, it is never my intention, I just want to say some things to help others and bring home my point.
Documents submitted:
1. Employment letter and promotion letters over many years
2. Very strong travel history: been to over 20 countries (US, UK, Singapore, Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, South Africa, etc. Some of these are family vacation.
3. Letter of introduction from my employer stating that my leave days and that I’ll be paid while I’m away.
4. 6 months Pay slips.
5. 6 months bank statement with millions as bank balance.
7. 4 months BOA account statement.
8. Itinerary for 10 days.
9. Hotel and flight bookings.
10. US and Nigeria passport of my son + Receipts of all hospital bills.
11. Two family pictures.
12. Budget showing amount available for the trip, expenses for the trip and the estimated balance after the trip which was in millions as well.
13. Birth certificates for the kids..
14. Two CofO
15. Police character certificate
16. A very compelling cover letter.
17. Etc.

I have a brother and sister in law who are permanent residents in Canada which I was upfront with. I stated this in my cover letter and told the VO I won’t be seeing them because the trip is strictly a family vacation and the logistics of moving ourselves from Ontario to Calgary may be too demanding. Perhaps that’s why the VO didn’t raise my tie to Canada as a problem.

In my opinion I believe I have put up a good application, but perhaps I was wrong. This is the first ever VISA refusal I have got in my life and it’s just hilarious to think I’ll decide to leave my good job for that cold; I might appeal this decision. For now, I will just jejely carry my family to Dubai for the Christmas break and think of next steps later..

Thanks to @ozzz, @jj17cv and a host of others for their contributions and insights. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2019
@Okestra01, congratulations in advance, wishing you a white Xmas full of snow.....except na British Columbia.

Was it an online or paper application?
Where was your application processed ? (it's on the top left corner of your visa stamp)
Please try to share the documents you submitted for the application so that people can emulate what these VO's really want. Thanks so much

Okestra01:
Submitted my application on 1st of Nov and did biometric same day.I just received a mail that my passport is ready for collectionSeems very fast.Its either I go there tomorrow or Monday unfailingly. I'll be right here by then to update the outcome.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2019
@Uchetobi, Please which country is this? Australia ? Ireland?
uchetobi:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 9:50am On Dec 06, 2019
Good day house!! Ozzz and the rest gurus!
Please what could be wrong with my application or the eligibility haven’t started ? I submit my application on the 15-11-019 and i did biometric on the 29-11-019–later at night the same day I did biometric, i got a notification that my Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxxxx has been received at the Lagos OC VAC on 2019-11-29 09:01:51 PM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the IRCC Office in Lagos OC ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Since then I haven’t gotten any notifications from them again!!
Has anyone experienced this before? Please if yes-highlight a little light � please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2019
@Geotherm, sorry for the refusal for your sister.

Purpose of visit, this basically contains your flight and accomodation booking and you dont have to pay down, but make sure the dates flow. Please use an agent to book them. many make mistakes in this part booking by themselves and the VO seeing a mistake will believe you have another motive. Some people booking on their own forget it takes about 2 days or more depending on the number of stops to get to Canada and they will fix accomodation date to start from the day they departed Nigeria. The VO will just use it as an excuse. Then in addition you can add your personal itinerary but its not compulsory, this basically is like a timetable of major things you will be doing for each day spent in canada.
If someone like a relation is over there let the person invite her via a letter, stating the reason for visit, length of stay, her name, occupation, relationship to the person inviting her, her date of birth and house address, who will sponsor the trip ?

Proof of salary, she just needs to submit minimum of 4months pay slip or average of 6months not 3months, then her bank statement 6months from salary account, adding letter of introduction from employer and leave letter as well as tax card if available.

Hope this helps......
geotherm:
I am not sure but i believe that Canada has exhausted the visit visa quota for Nigerians. Especially for this year because these delays make no sense.

I think they go searching for reasons instead of approval. I advised my sister to wait and reapply next year.

Please I need a guideline or a sample of travel itenery to at least tackle the purpose of visit. Her GCMS claimed that her purpose of visit was poorly structured.

Also that there is no proof of salary. But she included 3 months pay slip. Does she need a letter from her office showing clearly her current Salary?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2019
Hi Ruben, it's just a confirmation they have recieved your application, nothing to be worried about. However am not clear on your biometrics ? have you received a letter to do biometrics, if yes , have you done it yet? if yes for both you are on course.

Ruben225571:
Good day house!! Ozzz and the rest gurus!
Please what could be wrong with my application or the eligibility haven’t started ? I submit my application on the 15-11-019 and i did biometric on the 29-11-019–later at night the same day I didn’t biometric, i got a notification that my Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxxxx has been received at the Lagos OC VAC on 2019-11-29 09:01:51 PM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the IRCC Office in Lagos OC ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Since then I haven’t gotten any notifications from them again!!
Has anyone experienced this before? Please if yes-highlight a little light � please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2019
Ozzz:
Hi Ruben, it's just a confirmation they have recieved your application, nothing to be worried about. However am not clear on your biometrics ? have you received a letter to do biometrics, if yes , have you done it yet? if yes for both you are on course.

Thanks Ozzz, God Blessed...
Yes I did biometric on the 29-11-2019!
I wish i could just take off my mind towards this waiting process!! I hate anything delays or waiting! Although God is in control-Mine & any other person visa application would end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 11:44am On Dec 06, 2019
I agree with you about Canada stand.

My first application with all its documentation was denied after 4 months. I reapplied again without putting all the documentation and it was approved in 5 days. At the end, it all boils down to the perception of the VO. Even if you work in Chevron, it doesn't matter. People have left Shell jobs to go to Canada, while teachers have gone to Canada and returned.

jj17cv:
@ty01

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2019
Congrats on your residency.

It looks like the VO suspected this hence the refusal. They are encouraging people to go via PR route than visit, knowing that Canada is not a popular tourist destination.
uchetobi:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2019
There is no apparent justification for this refusal. Do you have any relation that overstayed in Canada?
mim1031:
Decision finally landed this morning, visit visa denied
Submitted application 28th August, Biometrics fine 3rd of September
Apparently, the VO thought I wl leave my job and husband in the UK to become illegal in Canada...good thinking �
Proposed visit date already passed 16th of November and my leave is over.
Good luck to everyone awaiting decision
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
Applying alone seems the only way now.

The kids being American citizens do not help your case to proove ties. They can get to Canada without the need for a visa.

Apply for GCMS note to know the VO exact concern.
Mrskay2017:
Good day FAM, my husband and I applied a few months ago for visiting visa but the purpose of the visit was for our church 2nd annual conference , and we were denied based on, they weren't convinced we would return,note we have two kids who didn't apply with us but they are American citizens, second reason was based on finances, my husband was the primary applicant and sponsor so we used his personally account statement, not his business account{he is an entrepreneur),I didnt include my bank statement,employment letter or pay slip, I just included a letter from my company stating I worked there and was granted leave, third reason was based on property, we included 2 of his landed documents,please guys,I would like to reapply and this time I'm thinking of applying alone so to prove I have ties back home, please what can I do this time around to enjoy I get the visa,
Thanks FAM

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2019
Ruben225571:

Thanks Ozzz, God Blessed...
Yes I did biometric on the 29-11-2019!
I wish i could just take off my mind towards this waiting process!! I hate anything delays or waiting! Although God is in control-Mine & any other person visa application would end in praises.

You have to wait
CIC start reviewing your application the day you did your biometric which is Nov 29, that's just like a week away, so just be positive.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
micluv111:

You have to wait
CIC start reviewing your application the day you did your biometric which is Nov 29, that's just like a week away, so just be positive.

Thanks and God bless @Micluv111– although I hate waiting but I would continue waiting with positive mind & thoughts....

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
Thanks @Ozz. I will let you know the content of the gcms notes to calm your curiosity grin.

I might try the invitation letter approach if I decide to reapply, just that I typically don’t like to ask anybody for invitation letter as you don’t know what people are up to. I wouldn’t want other people’s act or actions abroad affect or taint my records.

Thanks again bro.

Ozzz:
@ty01, so sorry for the refusal, your refusal touch me,
as for your documents submitted I don't see any issues oo, I really dunno how they judged your application, your documents are on point.....

however if I must pick something may be you should have used an invitation from your in-law, but then again that isn't your plan to go see them maybe they used reverse psychology, so I give up, go flex dubai, I heard it's 3days to get dubai visa.

Finally Am curious to know what the GCMS notes will report..

All the best man..

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
ty01:

I have a brother and sister in law who are permanent residents in Canada which I was upfront with. I stated this in my cover letter and told the VO I won’t be seeing them because the trip is strictly a family vacation and the logistics of moving ourselves from Ontario to Calgary may be too demanding. Perhaps that’s why the VO didn’t raise my tie to Canada as a problem.
Sorry about the refusal.

I am intrigued by your application so please permit me to extrapolate based on the information you provided.

You stated that you wont be visiting your brother while in Canada and you used the words "strictly for vacation". If that was actually how wrote it, then it could give a wrong impression that you are desperate enough to "deny" smiley your brother to visit Canada especially if the two of you are in constant communication.

Further stating that you'd have challenges moving your family from Calgary to Toronto also gives a wrong impression. You've navigated 20 countries successfully and some of those countries with your family. Navigating calgary to toronto shouldn't be stated as a challenge.

I believe your letter played a huge role in this refusal. Maybe you were trying to avoid a refusal from family ties in Canada. I don't think it would have been a problem considering your excellent profile.

I wish you success in your next application.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Sorry about the refusal.

I am intrigued by your application so please permit me to extrapolate based on the information you provided.

You stated that you wont be visiting your brother while in Canada and you used the words "strictly for vacation". If that was actually how wrote it, then it could give a wrong impression that you are desperate enough to "deny" smiley your brother to visit Canada especially if the two of you are in constant communication.

Further stating that you'd have challenges moving your family from Calgary to Toronto also gives a wrong impression. You've navigated 20 countries successfully and some of those countries with your family. Navigating calgary to toronto shouldn't be stated as a challenge.

I believe your letter played a huge role in this refusal. Maybe you were trying to avoid a refusal from family ties in Canada. I don't think it would have been a problem considering your excellent profile.

Good analysis!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
Thanks for your insight. I think I did not express myself correctly as I DO NOT have a brother in Canada. I only have a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law.

All the same your insight is deeply appreciated and I agree with you that not seeing my in-laws might have been a strange one especially after traveling all the way from Naija. But the truth of the matter is that I never intended to see them as I saw them just recently in Lagos.

I’m looking forward to the gcms notes and would share same on the platform.

Thanks again for your insight and best wishes.

NothingDoMe:
Sorry about the refusal.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:10am On Dec 07, 2019
my gcms finally came out after 75days of request

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchetobi(f): 8:16am On Dec 07, 2019
Ozzz:
@Uchetobi, Please which country is this? Australia ? Ireland?

Us

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 9:06am On Dec 07, 2019
Thanks Ozzz for the suggestions. She will include all these documents. She is coming to visit me and will stay with us throughout her visit period. The officer also pointed out that I did not include my financial documentation in the invitation letter. I will fix that too.

Ozzz:
@Geotherm, sorry for the refusal for your sister.

Purpose of visit, this basically contains your flight and accomodation booking and you dont have to pay down, but make sure the dates flow. Please use an agent to book them. many make mistakes in this part booking by themselves and the VO seeing a mistake will believe you have another motive. Some people booking on their own forget it takes about 2 days or more depending on the number of stops to get to Canada and they will fix accomodation date to start from the day they departed Nigeria. The VO will just use it as an excuse. Then in addition you can add your personal itinerary but its not compulsory, this basically is like a timetable of major things you will be doing for each day spent in canada.
If someone like a relation is over there let the person invite her via a letter, stating the reason for visit, length of stay, her name, occupation, relationship to the person inviting her, her date of birth and house address, who will sponsor the trip ?

Proof of salary, she just needs to submit minimum of 4months pay slip or average of 6months not 3months, then her bank statement 6months from salary account, adding letter of introduction from employer and leave letter as well as tax card if available.

Hope this helps......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by peaceful22: 11:04am On Dec 07, 2019
Hello all.

Please is rice, spaghetti, noodles, olive oil, palm oil and sachet tomato paste (in small quantity) allowed in Canadian border?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
pufframmy:
my gcms finally came out after 75days of request
Generic and annoying. Nairobi abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: MyGodisAwesome and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.