Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2330567 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (1105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
kk2003:
After 87 days, denial landed. Paper application - Nairobi. Conference for which i applied was 2 weeks ago. Thanks all.

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you have a legitimate business purpose in Canada.

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

What went wrong here......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kk2003: 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
Not sure, but i know there was an error in the email address used during the application, eg a.b@xyz.com instead of b.a@xyz.com. is there a way i can ask for details?

Again passport is bearing Buhari Ayo while other docs are Kanu, Ayo Buhari

oluayebenz:

What went wrong here......

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2019
October update pls eligibility review since on the 4 November
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchetobi(f): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
Denied based on reason for travel which is tourism

Can’t remember the last time I got a visa Denial. Have a valid Uk, Us and schenghen visa.

This year alone been to three countries in Asia, Dubai and the Uk.

Oh well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
My follow nairaland family! I need advice please.
The email I use on my visa application is different from the email I use on my biometric form. I Hope they won’t be any issue or do i have to write letter of explanation? am so worried!!

@ozzy and other gurus, please advice me on this!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sorry about that @Uchetobi. Kindly avail the documents you submitted for the house to offer an advice or two
uchetobi:
Denied based on reason for travel which is tourism

Can’t remember the last time I got a visa Denial. Have a valid Uk, Us and schenghen visa.

This year alone been to three countries in Asia, Dubai and the Uk.

Oh well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 4:36am On Nov 30, 2019
My follow nairaland family! I need advice please.
The email I use on my visa application is different from the email I use on my biometric form. I Hope they won’t be any issue or do i have to write letter of explanation? am so worried!!

@ozzy and other gurus, please advice me on this!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beejay5202: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
jj17cv:
@Beejay5202

You are on right track with your good travel history expect the good News very good ..

Hello pls I receive a mail on Friday that my biometrics has been link with my document, so I track it immediately but it’s stoll saying same thing ‘’processing
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
@Beejay5202

That is your BVL expect your decision in 24 to 48hrs just hope for good .....all those VO are not smiling
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
jj17cv:
@goldosa
Tell ur cousin Canada is not heaven all this agent are mout wash don't mind them oooooo .he should be careful

@ty01

Howfar any update another week is going

Hey bro BVL just dropped now. Do they work on Sundays?
Hoping for the best tomorrow!!! Interestingly I’m not nervous at all; I’m just calm, anyhow it goes, God dey!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
@ty01
Just hope for good denied rate is high this time I think applications rate is high aswel they work on Sunday
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abayomitsn: 6:30am On Dec 02, 2019
Good evening house.

I am new here and need your advice.
I am in canada as a PR but want my fiancee to come visit in canada.

She has just 1 year work experience and less than 300k in her account but I am going to be funding the trip and she is going back to Nigeria after the visit.

What documents can we use to support our claim that she will go back. We also have just 3 pictures together as am not a picture person.

Please help with suggestions on how to make our genuine claim genuine.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 6:31am On Dec 02, 2019
Good day everyone-Hello gurus, I need a little highlight please, how long would its take for my biometric to be link with my documents ⁉️ And how long would it take for processing after biometric⁉️
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by muvey10: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2019
I don’t think it would work. I know someone that did it twice and they denied. If you truly want to help her, marry her then file for papers for her
abayomitsn:
Good evening house.

She has just 1 year work experience and less than 300k in her account but I am going to be funding the trip and she is going back to Nigeria after the visit.

What documents can we use to support our claim that she will go back. We also have just 3 pictures together as am not a picture person.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by muvey10: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2019
Or she comes on her own without you with her own ties, from your explanation she doesn’t really have money or ties or a family to invite her, so it would be difficult
abayomitsn:
Good evening house.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Hello,

I was refused a TRV visa because of purpose of trip , and I wrote a detailed cover letter explaining my purpose of trip.

The funniest thing is that I wrote a detailed letter explaining my purpose of visit which was is to visit my family friend who is a Canada citizen , I wrote out my daily activities, wrote out budget . Did flight reservations, added my family friend Canadian passport page and invitation letter , payslip ,bank statement, copies of all the visa I have , tax clearance, letter from hr , so I am wondering what I did wrong or what is making my application poorly documented

intend to re-apply but the question is how do you prove strong tie to Nigeria since I am not married Nd other document would I need to add so I fix the consign raised

I applied for my gcms note , and what the Vo that my application was poorly documented and vague ..

How do I correct the consign raised my the VO .

I intend to go for a 10days holiday .

I have a good job here in abuja . I have very good travel history and I have valid visa in my passport .

So how can I fix this .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbeecey: 11:58am On Dec 02, 2019
Congrats, please share info on what you did and documents submitted, mum's own has been almost two months already, no update
bigfido:
Mums visa approved

Submitted Oct 22
Biometrics done Oct 25th
BVL Nov 27
PPR Nov 27
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ruben225571:
Good day everyone-Hello gurus, I need a little highlight please, how long would its take for my biometric to be link with my documents ⁉️ And how long would it take for processing after biometric⁉️

Hi Ruben
1. if you have done biometrics, it usually takes 24 to 48hrs to be linked.
2. processing time is generic , currently it's 65 days averagely for 80% of applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2019
@Talksub, so sorry for your refusal, In my opinion these days, they prefer a relation (with same surname) inviting you than friends, so if you have a relation, you can use the person.
Secondly, what was your arrangement for accomodation ? this is part of your "purpose of visit", you need to book accomodation covering your stay there if you didn't but don't make payments, even though the person you plan to visit will accomodate you, reason being maybe the tenancy agreement of your friend doesn't permit squatting.
Also factor the accomodation fee in your total amount for travel.
Lastly, visit or tourism as a purpose during winter doesn't look very convincing to be honest, because most people living there don't go out due to extreme weather conditions except when neccessary, and therefore tourist attractions drop this period ,So you may need more than tourism purpose for visiting.
Also people come back home this period cos of the weather and Xmas holidays, not usually the other way around, VO's know this...

Hope this helps....

Talksub:
Hello,

I was refused a TRV visa because of purpose of trip , and I wrote a detailed cover letter explaining my purpose of trip.

The funniest thing is that I wrote a detailed letter explaining my purpose of visit which was is to visit my family friend who is a Canada citizen , I wrote out my daily activities, wrote out budget . Did flight reservations, added my family friend Canadian passport page and invitation letter , payslip ,bank statement, copies of all the visa I have , tax clearance, letter from hr , so I am wondering what I did wrong or what is making my application poorly documented

intend to re-apply but the question is how do you prove strong tie to Nigeria since I am not married Nd other document would I need to add so I fix the consign raised

I applied for my gcms note , and what the Vo that my application was poorly documented and vague ..

How do I correct the consign raised my the VO .

I intend to go for a 10days holiday .

I have a good job here in abuja . I have very good travel history and I have valid visa in my passport .

So how can I fix this .

%

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
@Angie32, any updates yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ozzz:

Hi Ruben
2. processing time is generic , currently it's 65 days averagely for 80% of applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Thanks Ozzz, I do appreciate! God bless!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ozzz:

Hi Ruben

Please Ozzz— I need advice on this please.
The email I use on my visa application is different from the email I use on my biometric form. I Hope they won’t be any issue or do i have to write letter of explanation? am so worried!! Please highlight me a little!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ozzz:
@Talksub, so sorry for your refusal, In my opinion these days, they prefer a relation (with same surname) inviting you than friends, so if you have a relation, you can use the person.

Secondly, what was your arrangement for accomodation ? this is part of your "purpose of visit", you need to book accomodation covering your stay there if you didn't but don't make payments, even though the person you plan to visit will accomodate you, reason being maybe the tenancy agreement of your friend doesn't permit squatting.

Lastly, visit or tourism as a purpose during winter doesn't look very convincing to be honest, because most people living there don't go out due to extreme weather conditions except when neccessary, and therefore tourist attractions drop this period ,So you may need more than tourism purpose for visiting.
Also people come back home this period cos of the weather and Xmas holidays, not usually the other way around, VO's know this...

Hope this helps....

%

Thanks for your help and quick response.

I don’t intend to travel during the extreme cold period. I was planing on going March 2020, because that’s when I will take a couple of days off work .

Secondly I do not have any relative with same surname , hence that was why I asked my family friend to send me and invitation letter . I guess that’s was the mistake I made .

Now if I reapply . Can I just book a hotel and forget about the invitation letter, Or I can book a hotel and still include an invitation from my family friend staying that I will be staying in a hotel ,close to there house . I will attach hotel booking .

Honestly I think the invitation letter I got from my family friend was just too plain and simple .

Thirdly in my application I was refused , I listed all daily activities I intend to do , did a budget sheet showing all purposed cost .So I really wonder how my application and purpose of visit is vague .

in other address the issue raised and prove to the VO that I have corrected all the consign raised .

I want to reapply and write a cover letter explaining why I would not be staying with my family friend, because the person will not be available during my purpose visit to canada ( that is if I am not using the invitation letter again )

Please what do you advise ? How can I address the vo consign .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ruben225571:

Please Ozzz— I need advice on this please.
The email I use on my visa application is different from the email I use on my biometric form. I Hope they won’t be any issue or do i have to write letter of explanation? am so worried!! Please highlight me a little!

I want to think it won't be an issue, cos email is for alerting you that you have a mail in your CIC account. Any other person with this experience can also contribute because this is just my thoughts.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ozzz:

I want to think it won't be an issue, cos email is for alerting you that you have a mail in your CIC account. Any other person with this experience can also contribute because this is just my thoughts.

Alright thanks so much Ozzz... I hope and pray it won’t contradict suspicion!! God is in control.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 12:40am On Dec 03, 2019
if you have good travel history and have your gcms note, Get a good Nigerian Canadian lawyer to help you fix reconsideration first before thinking of reapplying. When did you get your rejection and how long for you to get gcms? If everything is still within the space of 60days
then you have upper space up to appeal.
Ozzz:

Hope this helps....

%
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emtek: 2:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Emtek:
Hello everyone. Please how do I send my passport to VAC Lagos? I live in Port-Harcourt and won't be able to go in person to submit and/or collect.
I saw on VFS global site that they charge about 11k for one way courier service per applicant. Can I courier the passport (and other documents) directly to VAC Lagos? If yes how do I get the passport sent back to me in Port-Harcourt?
Your answers will be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello everyone I need help please.
Its been a week now since passport got to VAC Lagos. I sent via DHL and tracked on their site. VAC never sent any acknowledgment. Please what do I do? How long does it take for passport to be stamped? How do I contact VAC Lagos? Can anyone help with their email address?
I paid for the passport to be sent back to PH (paid to VFS and they confirmed payment)
(This application is actually for my mum. I applied online on her behalf. Need her with me as per omugwo things)

Need advice peeps.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 5:30am On Dec 03, 2019
A week is relatively 5 working days, give extra 10 working days, as they say it takes averagely 15working days. but 90% of the time the passport will come before the time frame, from your courier service, you should know if it's been delivered or not.

Emtek:

Hello everyone I need help please.
Its been a week now since passport got to VAC Lagos. I sent via DHL and tracked on their site. VAC never sent any acknowledgment. Please what do I do? How long does it take for passport to be stamped? How do I contact VAC Lagos? Can anyone help with their email address?
I paid for the passport to be sent back to PH (paid to VFS and they confirmed payment)
(This application is actually for my mum. I applied online on her behalf. Need her with me as per omugwo things)

Need advice peeps.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Timioguntuyaki(m): 6:39am On Dec 03, 2019
jj17cv:
@Timioguntuyaki

Where in Nigeria did you submitt your application

online application, submitted passport in Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emtek: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
Thank you Ozzz. Will wait patiently. Though it can be quite frustrating.

Ozzz:
A week is relatively 5 working days, give extra 10 working days, as they say it takes averagely 15working days. but 90% of the time the passport will come before the time frame, from your courier service, you should know if it's been delivered or not.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbeecey: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
My mum's TRV was denied based on travel history. I feel extremely terrible right now.

Any ideas how to fix this cos it is what it is, she has not travelled before but I am currently alone with my kids in Canada and need her to come over so I can begin job hunting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LifeIsGuhd(f): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Newbeecey:
My mum's TRV was denied based on travel history. I feel extremely terrible right now.

Any ideas how to fix this cos it is what it is, she has not travelled before but I am currently alone with my kids in Canada and need her to come over so I can begin job hunting.

Have you tried super visa for her?

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (1105) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Kuniennam, Vannie12(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.