Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318131 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2019
Bvl dropped on Friday..haven’t received anything since then
Should I be worried??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dives(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2019
Hello Newmum0615, compliments of the season. How did you go about this? I am in the exact same situation, were you issued the passport on his behalf? What documents did you need to take along?
Newmum0615:
Hi everyone,

My dad's application was approved today. Applied on the 15th of October, Biometrics done 23rd October. Biometrics Validity letter update 19th of Dec (don't understand the purpose of this letter), Passport request letter received 20th Dec. I thank God. It was silence all through, and they stuck to the 64 days timeline. E be like say dem remain say Christmas na next week and they rushed it out.

So, for those that have used VFS Lagos, I know that someone can submit the passport for him, but can someone collect on his behalf. He is not in Lagos and I don't want him spending flight money to go and collect the passport. The VFS site states that someone can collect for him but I have heard from people that they don't allow it. Can someone with experience confirm please? Also, where can I download the VFS Consent form? I can't find it anywhere on their site.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 1:17pm On Dec 23, 2019
Minxi:
@NothingDoMe

No reason was given for the request for medical. Our only worry was that it was sent to only me. But we just assumed it was a recent trip I made to Beirut without hubby.

I was upfront with the fact that I'm pregnant so I wasn't so worried about that

At IOM, you are asked directly to state whether you are pregnant or not. They claim is so that you sign an indemnity form before doing the x-ray. I don't know if they share the pregnancy info with the embassy
Yes they share everything with the embassy but that's not going to be an issue since you informed them of it. Anyways congratulations once again. Wishing you safe delivery.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Packageman: 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
I received an email today that I should submit my birth certificate for them to be sure is my dad that want to sponsor my trip to canada..

This is my second application.. I hope I won't be denied this time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newww: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
Hi newmum,

You can get someone to submit for him and pay for courier.
In my case, i submitted for my mum and filled in my address for courier at vfs as i was not allowed to pick it up on her behalf. Upon delivery of the passport, the UPS delivery person collected the slip given at vfs.

However, i think there is an age limit that enables pick-up for a parent, my mum was not up to the age so i did not pursue that route.

Newmum0615:
Hi everyone,

My dad's application was approved today. Applied on the 15th of October, Biometrics done 23rd October. Biometrics Validity letter update 19th of Dec (don't understand the purpose of this letter), Passport request letter received 20th Dec. I thank God. It was silence all through, and they stuck to the 64 days timeline. E be like say dem remain say Christmas na next week and they rushed it out.

So, for those that have used VFS Lagos, I know that someone can submit the passport for him, but can someone collect on his behalf. He is not in Lagos and I don't want him spending flight money to go and collect the passport. The VFS site states that someone can collect for him but I have heard from people that they don't allow it. Can someone with experience confirm please? Also, where can I download the VFS Consent form? I can't find it anywhere on their site.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
Minxi:
Let me share my experience.

Our plan was to travel to Canada December 23

Today December 20, after waiting 97 days (3 months and 7 days) hubby goes to VAC and retrieves our passports. We were granted multiple entry visas for the validity of our passports. Mine is 2024. Hubby is 2021. Glory to God.

Guess what? VAC I.e VFS has not sent us email or text till this moment to come and collect our passports. These VFS people ehn.

Anyway, hope this helps someone. Cheers!

Congratulations!

Thanks for the info. We're confused at the moment having submitted passport in Abuja since December 6th upon request for Passport on the 5th (Online Application). We bought air ticket for my spouse and daughter to leave Nigeria on the 26th to visit me. Till now passport has not been received. We need to cancel the ticket tomorrow if no news. Ticket is non refundable but I believe they said it can be put on hold till we settle for a date and then pay fare difference.

Please what's the email address to DHC Lagos? Is it Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca ?

I used web form last week to make an inquiry.

Lastly, I wonder if they'll be working between 26th to 31st December in case there's a chance the passport will be received before the new year.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Minxi: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
@galala123

Yes that's the email. Also copy Canadian Embassy kenya, London.

I wish you the best of success
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2019
Minxi:
@galala123

Yes that's the email. Also copy Canadian Embassy kenya, London.

I wish you the best of success

Thanks. Actually the Correspondence letter came from their London Office. I think her application was treated in London.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
Timioguntuyaki:
Hello all, thank you for all the good job you are doing here.

I submitted a visiting application for my wife and it got approved on November 21. She submitted her passport as requested at the VFS global office on November 22. They sent an email after the submission that the passport is under processing at the IRCC Office in Lagos OC. Since then, there has not been an update on her application and when the passport was tracked, it showed 'No Records Found'.

We have sent emails to both the VFS and Lagos IRCC office, no response yet. Please has anybody had a similar experience before? what do we need to do, please?

I am in your situation. My spouse passport was submitted since December 6th. Her flight is December 26th. Confusion!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
GOOD EVENING ALL, PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME WITH THIS URGENTLY. THANKS
goldosa:
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP WITH LONDON VISA OFFICE EMAIL ADDRESS. THANKS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
galala123:

Congratulations!

Thanks for the info. We're confused at the moment having submitted passport in Abuja since December 6th upon request for Passport on the 5th (Online Application). We bought air ticket for my spouse and daughter to leave Nigeria on the 26th to visit me. Till now passport has not been received. We need to cancel the ticket tomorrow if no news. Ticket is non refundable but I believe they said it can be put on hold till we settle for a date and then pay fare difference.

Please what's the email address to DHC Lagos? Is it Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca ?

I used web form last week to make an inquiry.

Lastly, I wonder if they'll be working between 26th to 31st December in case there's a chance the passport will be received before the new year.

Have you track your passport via vfs site?

Vfs email and text msg for pick up is down for now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omopapa: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2019
Good day house, please I want to make an enquiry for my elder brother. He got 2 years Canadian Visitors Visa but because he’s a first time traveller people have advised that he goes with group of tourist to make his journey stress free especially at the point of entry. Do we have group of tourists travelling anytime soon on here please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2019
you can arrange for VFS to courier the passport to him directly, as for the consent form, I got it at the VFS centre the security men share them.
Hope this helps

Newmum0615:
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:27am On Dec 24, 2019
Even though you find people, there is a rare chance you all are going to the same province or destination, it's just for him to always ask questions from airport staff when he travels, and prepare to answer questions at the port of Entry into canada.

omopapa:
Good day house, please I want to make an enquiry for my elder brother. He got 2 years Canadian Visitors Visa but because he’s a first time traveller people have advised that he goes with group of tourist to make his journey stress free especially at the point of entry. Do we have group of tourists travelling anytime soon on here please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:28am On Dec 24, 2019
@makylove101, we have missed you o be like say you don travel, if so, what was your experience at the port of Entry ? Please share for us that will travel next year, thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:36am On Dec 24, 2019
@kennyliza, Wow, so sorry for your refusal, I think your hubbies denial may have rubbed off on yours, Just as people have suggested here, notarize your documents,
Since financial reasons was one of the reasons for denial for hubby, and he is the primary applicant, I believe that still affected you, Hope the bank statements were stamped dated and signed, I feel this is were the VO thinks the documents are not credible, so try to review this and work on all suggestions gathered, I believe you will be granted when your situation changes. Hope this helps.

kennyliza:

Hello @Ozzz, @marykay101 am back again . My final decision is out and it is a refusal, after 4months and 23 days. See attached below reason quoted. What do they mean my documents lack authenticity? I can boldly say all the documents submitted are valid and none are falsified. Remember my husband’s visa has been denied since Nov 19th stating their usual generic reason and we applied together. I am quite confused about this but I Am going to request for my gmc notes to understand their reasons.I am more than determined to reapply and overturned this decision as I have never submitted a falsified document to apply for visa in any country
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2019
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

goldosa:
GOOD EVENING ALL, PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME WITH THIS URGENTLY. THANKS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2019
Yes you are right.

OmoBendel24:

Letters are better addressed to their office in your place of residence/submission. You don’t know for certainty which of their offices will treat your application, it could go to Pretoria, Istanbul or even Dubai as it used to happen just a few years ago. The “Anifowose” address wins it IMO....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2019
Pls guys,My bvl dropped since Friday and I haven’t received nothing yet?
Should I be worried please?
I am really eager..thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omopapa: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for your reply and as he hasn’t booked any ticket yet, I’m sure he will be flexible to enter via the province the majority are going

Ozzz:
Even though you find people, there is a rare chance you all are going to the same province or destination, it's just for him to always ask questions from airport staff when he travels, and prepare to answer questions at the port of Entry into canada.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
THANK YOU....
Ozzz:
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by teefinix: 11:14am On Dec 27, 2019
teefinix:
Good morning,
I applied for TRV since oct 18th with the plan to travel with my family on the 30th of December. The Tbills certificate I submitted will expire on the 26th....I am concerned that the investment wil cease to exist from that date and the embassy all not get a favourable confirmation from the bank after the expiry of the investment.
I am yet to get any update on the application and my family and I still intend to travel all the same cos it is a trip enroute USA.
Please is there anything I can do in respect of the investment once it expires and visa application still pending?

Please I need an urgent suggestion....God bless.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godsblessings: 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2019
Please house , just searching Google and saw this lovely thread, please i want to apply for Canada visit visa to attend a conference , please i have downloaded and filled the online application forms, paid 185cad , please how will i submit my docs online , i wan online application , please help
Please help oo

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 4:55am On Dec 28, 2019
Godsblessings:
Please house , just searching Google and saw this lovely thread, please i want to apply for Canada visit visa to attend a conference , please i have downloaded and filled the online application forms, paid 185cad , please how will i submit my docs online , i wan online application , please help
Please help oo

sir,l guess you making some error firstly if you applying for tourist visa which conference fall under why are you filling the express entry profile and The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) which covers certain pre-departure medical services for refugees coming to Canada for resettlement.(are you a refugee going to Canada) you should delete those 2 part then you can follow this link on YouTube which explain how you can apply Canada visa online and many other video on youtube on how you can apply Canada visa online and sir next time when filling any form you can use youtube as your guide .

You need to apply for Canadian visitor’s visa enclosing a letter you have received from the conference organizers, you also need to show enough funds for your expenses in Canada like accommodation, meals, travel and etc. In case the conference organizers cover all your expenses ), then a letter stating the coverage of all costs.

.l wish you all the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1DFHtiAOdE
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aisha90: 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
Happy holidays good people! Please what documents need to be notarized before submission??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
Hi Newmum, you can ask the person submitting to pay for courier at VFS. They will deliver to the specified address.
Newmum0615:
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thanks for the responses. My brother paid for courier finally. It's a waiting game now.
Compliments of the season to everyone.
Markab:
Hi Newmum, you can ask the person submitting to pay for courier at VFS. They will deliver to the specified address.
Ozzz:
you can arrange for VFS to courier the passport to him directly, as for the consent form, I got it at the VFS centre the security men share them.
Hope this helps

Newww:
Hi newmum,

You can get someone to submit for him and pay for courier.
In my case, i submitted for my mum and filled in my address for courier at vfs as i was not allowed to pick it up on her behalf. Upon delivery of the passport, the UPS delivery person collected the slip given at vfs.

However, i think there is an age limit that enables pick-up for a parent, my mum was not up to the age so i did not pursue that route.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
That's awesome. I trust Milton is treating you well. Applied for my mum on the 16th, counting down to the 65th day in Feb grin
Newmum0615:
Thanks for the responses. My brother paid for courier finally. It's a waiting game now.
Compliments of the season to everyone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omoade1243: 11:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
my girlfriend in canada want to apply for nigeria visa in canada but they denied her mastercard when she was about to pay for the visa ................... can she use another person card to pay for the visa because they have banned her own card.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davidfemi2002: 7:19am On Jan 01, 2020
The Canadian Government is starting a pilot program in March 2020 called Agri-Food Immigration Pilot Program. This is a good opportunity for people with non professional skills to come to Canada as a permanent resident.
Interested individual can read more about it in the weblink below;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/agri-food-immigration-pilot.html
I live in Canada and i can tell you that this is authentic. Please, note that you do not need a consultant. If you have any question, just ask me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Bigkenny and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.