Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318355 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
davidfemi2002:
The Canadian Government is starting a pilot program in March 2020 called Agri-Food Immigration Pilot Program. This is a good opportunity for people with non professional skills to come to Canada as a permanent resident.
Interested individual can read more about it in the weblink below;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/agri-food-immigration-pilot.html
I live in Canada and i can tell you that this is authentic. Please, note that you do not need a consultant. If you have any question, just ask me.

sir,under the Work experience Requirement

You need 1 year of non-seasonal work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Your work experience must be in an eligible occupation within an eligible industry.

Work experience must be acquired in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

how to go about this requirement?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dyce101(m): 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
Echinedu1:

sir,under the Work experience Requirement

You need 1 year of non-seasonal work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Your work experience must be in an eligible occupation within an eligible industry.

Work experience must be acquired in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

how to go about this requirement?

Exactly how ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by owo2019: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hey, happy new year. Is there any age limit for this program .
Secondly any language test for this program.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeify1: 9:58am On Jan 02, 2020
Any idea? After submitting paper application, can the submitted international passport be replaced by a new passport. The old one will expire soon. How is this done pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by owo2019: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sir, i submitted online application on 16/11/2019
Biometric done 20/11/2019.
Letter sent to my email that i should be patient they are still working on my application on 16/12/2019.
No update till now. Today making 47 days.
Did anyone no whether they have resume from holiday. Thank
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruggedly: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
owo2019:
Sir, i submitted online application on 16/11/2019
Biometric done 20/11/2019.
Letter sent to my email that i should be patient they are still working on my application on 16/12/2019.
No update till now. Today making 47 days.
Did anyone no whether they have resume from holiday. Thank
You need to wait for at list 64 -72 days cos mine was approved after 63 days . Canadian visa is all about patience and when it exceeds the required time then you can mail them but for now you need to exercise patience

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gboy2050: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Happy new year guys......

I have been tracking my paper application submitted since October 28th 2019 but it's showing no records found
Please I want to know if any other person is having such challenge ......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Is best you link you paper app to the cic online account..that’s more active than the vfs tracking
gboy2050:

I have been tracking my paper application submitted since October 28th 2019 but it's showing no records found
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
Send a mail or send your request via webform
emeify1:
Any idea? After submitting paper application, can the submitted international passport be replaced by a new passport. The old one will expire soon. How is this done pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Girllikeme: 12:33am On Jan 03, 2020
I thought you said your passport was ready for collection since Dec. 10th, how come you are still tracking it? You want to get your passport misplaced? Anyway link your application online to get real-time information.

gboy2050:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shammak(m): 6:55am On Jan 03, 2020
Good morning fam.

I appreciate everyone for their contributions on this platform, I have been a silent reader for some time now and I must admit that I have learned a lot. Thank you so much.

I have a question and I would appreciate your help.

Last year in July, I was in Canada on a temporary resident visa (visitor) for a research internship. The research internship was for a month. This year, I got a scholarship from the Québec Government to undergo a research internship for 4 months from May/June.

However, I am confused on which visa to apply for. While I was reading the requirements on canada.ca of all the temporary residence visas (visit, study and work permit), I stumbled on a line which got me confused "who has not worked in Canada under this exemption in the last 12 months" (I attached a screenshot of the page). Here is the link to the page

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/need-work-permit-work.html

I worked as a research intern (with a $1000 scholarship from my supervisor) from July 15 to August 9, 2019. Now, I plan to go again as a research intern who would get stipends from the Québec Government for 4 months (within the said 12 months). In this case, which of the temporary resident visas is best for me?

NB. The research internship will be at a University in Québec and I applied/will apply for the visa from Vienna, Austria.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by peterderock4dei: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
Thanks for the Good u guys are doing I appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gboy2050: 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
Girllikeme:
I thought you said your passport was ready for collection since Dec. 10th, how come you are still tracking it? You want to get your passport misplaced? Anyway link your application online to get real-time information.

@Girllikeme, thanks for the info, I have collected mine, the concerned question is for my woman, we submitted together and I have been tracking her application but showing still on process all of a sudden, it's now poping out no records found.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Good morning fam. Can anyone please advise what the timeline for VFS Courier delivery as against picking up the passport in person. Mother-in-law's departure date is Jan 24 and she just got PPR today, exactly 3 weeks from this day. In the past, Passport submission to return was usually 2weeks on average but I learnt people are now experiencing delays with VFS. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remaj: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Good afternoon everyone

Please @ Markab
When did you apply and was the PPR mail today
Which of the office treated the application
Just want to know if they have resumed
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
They only observe public holidays (Canada stat holidays and host country's) and weekends as work free days. They don't "close" for the year if that is what you meant
remaj:
Good afternoon everyone

Please @ Markab
When did you apply and was the PPR mail today
Which of the office treated the application
Just want to know if they have resumed
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remaj: 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
Okay

Was it Nairobi office and the PPR mail was it today
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ayoshyne(m): 8:27am On Jan 04, 2020
Demicoker:
Is best you link you paper app to the cic online account..that’s more active than the vfs tracking

Pls sir, how do I link my paper app to the CIC online, cos I've also been experiencing the "no records found" anytime i track it since 2nd of December till now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 04, 2020
Go to the Canada website,you will know what to do from there..sign up with gckey..just follow the instructions there
ayoshyne:

Pls sir, how do I link my paper app to the CIC online, cos I've also been experiencing the "no records found" anytime i track it since 2nd of December till now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ayoshyne(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Demicoker:
Go to the Canada website,you will know what to do from there..sign up with gckey..just follow the instructions there

Many thanks sir.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeptonlin(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Please, can FD be use for POF for Canada tourist visa application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godsblessings: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Please house i really need your quick response. I was trying to apply tourist visa online but mistakenly paid the application fee of 185$ before i submit the online application and when I'm done with the online application , i was asked to make another payment. Please how can i link the online application with the online payment that i have initially made before submission, please ...
This application is for my boss and he's currently in Ghana, had fatal accident , .... Please assist me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godsblessings: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Demicoker:
please assist me to respond to my request please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Na vfs go fit assist you for this one..call vfs office and explain to them.
Godsblessings:
please assist me to respond to my request please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godsblessings: 8:00am On Jan 05, 2020
Demicoker:
Na vfs go fit assist you for this one..call vfs office and explain to them.
ok thanks so much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godsblessings: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2020
Echinedu1:

sir,l guess you making some error firstly if you applying for tourist visa which conference fall under why are you filling the express entry profile and The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) which covers certain pre-departure medical services for refugees coming to Canada for resettlement.(are you a refugee going to Canada) you should delete those 2 part then you can follow this link on YouTube which explain how you can apply Canada visa online and many other video on youtube on how you can apply Canada visa online and sir next time when filling any form you can use youtube as your guide .

You need to apply for Canadian visitor’s visa enclosing a letter you have received from the conference organizers, you also need to show enough funds for your expenses in Canada like accommodation, meals, travel and etc. In case the conference organizers cover all your expenses ), then a letter stating the coverage of all costs.

.l wish you all the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1DFHtiAOdE
thanks so much

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 7:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Godsblessings:
Please house i really need your quick response. I was trying to apply tourist visa online but mistakenly paid the application fee of 185$ before i submit the online application and when I'm done with the online application , i was asked to make another payment. Please how can i link the online application with the online payment that i have initially made before submission, please ...
This application is for my boss and he's currently in Ghana, had fatal accident , .... Please assist me
but it's not possible to pay the application fee if you haven't submitted your application. You can't get to the final stage without submitting your application. Can you explain how that happened?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by peterderock4dei: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2020
Yes I can't get to the final stage without summitting
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 08, 2020
Application was for my mum from Chicago. She is on visit in the US.
I am going for birthing so she applied for visit visa to ff me.

online submission- November 10
bio metrics- November 11
not one single update and the application is normally supposed to take 14 days when applying from within the US but i suspect that as per naija passport her application was treated in London instead of LA or NY.

January 8- BVL
January 8- few minutes after BVL Original Passport Request

Documents submitted:
Bank statement for her. N580k because she had already left Nigeria and the only statement she could get was form the bank she had online banking with. The main account where her pension/ business proceeds go into we were not able to get so we were worried it would be denied.
All her visa pages- travel history Dubai, Ghana, Israel, UK and US.
Her most recent US entry stamp.
We screenshot itinerary on Expedia but did not pay and it did not have her name. It only had dates of travel and how much it would cost
Booked Sheraton Toronto online for 3 months stay but did not pay.
Wrote a very detailed letter of explanation and explained that it was a last minute decision to travel hence she was not able to obtain her primary bank account statement
Retirement Letter
Pension statement
Annuity Card
My visa page and travel history.
My dads visa page and travel history
evidence of landed documents of where my parents live in Nigeria being in their name
Most Importantly my marriage certificate as my name has now changed.

It was after we submitted that i realized i should have added my own personal bank statement and acted as her sponsor. So we just gave up and hoped that they would request for more information or decline the application and then we would reapply.

All in all i thank God. I believe there is a huge importance placed on travel history and honesty. Funds is great to have but the lack of evidence of it will not solely make them decline an application

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rijo02: 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hey guys,

Please does anyone know the rationale behind visitors visa validity? I know it is usually till the duration of passport but I have heard of persons there were issued for just one (1) year despite having longer validity in their passports. Does this have to do with travel history? Has someone with no travel history been issued more than one (1) year? Does it have to do with amount of funding available to the applicant?

Your opinions will be highly appreciated!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
Congratulations to you and your mum. So long she's a visitor in US with a Nigerian Passport, Her application would be treated as though she's applying from Nigeria. I must say that you put up a very strong and irresistible application for your mum wink

Congrats again cheesy
Oluwatise2016:
Application was for my mum from Chicago. She is on visit in the US.
I am going for birthing so she applied for visit visa to ff me.

online submission- November 10
bio metrics- November 11
not one single update and the application is normally supposed to take 14 days when applying from within the US but i suspect that as per naija passport her application was treated in London instead of LA or NY.

January 8- BVL
January 8- few minutes after BVL Original Passport Request

Documents submitted:
Bank statement for her. N580k because she had already left Nigeria and the only statement she could get was form the bank she had online banking with. The main account where her pension/ business proceeds go into we were not able to get so we were worried it would be denied.
All her visa pages- travel history Dubai, Ghana, Israel, UK and US.
Her most recent US entry stamp.
We screenshot itinerary on Expedia but did not pay and it did not have her name. It only had dates of travel and how much it would cost
Booked Sheraton Toronto online for 3 months stay but did not pay.
Wrote a very detailed letter of explanation and explained that it was a last minute decision to travel hence she was not able to obtain her primary bank account statement
Retirement Letter
Pension statement
Annuity Card
My visa page and travel history.
My dads visa page and travel history
evidence of landed documents of where my parents live in Nigeria being in their name
Most Importantly my marriage certificate as my name has now changed.

It was after we submitted that i realized i should have added my own personal bank statement and acted as her sponsor. So we just gave up and hoped that they would request for more information or decline the application and then we would reapply.

All in all i thank God. I believe there is a huge importance placed on travel history and honesty. Funds is great to have but the lack of evidence of it will not solely make them decline an application

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
I think it is solely at the discretion of the Immigration Officer reviewing your file based on the profile submitted
Rijo02:
Hey guys,

Please does anyone know the rationale behind visitors visa validity? I know it is usually till the duration of passport but I have heard of persons there were issued for just one (1) year despite having longer validity in their passports. Does this have to do with travel history? Has someone with no travel history been issued more than one (1) year? Does it have to do with amount of funding available to the applicant?

Your opinions will be highly appreciated!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Honora24 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.