Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2306409 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Like the precious advice from Ifegy get married or he can apply for PR. Sometimes they deny visitor application because they believe the person is a potential PR and want to force a rethink. So getting married and applying for reunion or Permanent Residency application are his best bet for now. Even if it is a provincial nominee program. I heard Saskatchewan and Manitoba are dishing out Nominee like water. So consider those options.

Aduke02:
His case is a bit complicated - He had applied for a couple of study permits in the last 3 years that were denied due to proof of funds, limited employment prospects etc. His ties to Canada would be me, as we are dating and disclosed that in the application. He has been to the US and UK in the last 2 years on visits and returned back to his job which he has been employed at for about 6 years now - not a spectacular paying job, but not bad by nigerian standards. We struggled with the decision of disclosing our relationship and there were many conflicting posts on Nairaland and Canadavisa. In the end, we opted for the truth. I work in the same profession in Canada with a six-figure salary and i am a Canadian citizen. I provided a strong letter of invitation and supporting documents like my payslips, employment letter, lease and my Canadian passport. I knew his previous refusals may play a role in the outcome of this application but i was hoping for the best.

I'm wondering what you'd advise us to do as per next steps. Reconsideration/appeal? Or just see the relationship play out and when we are married, apply for the spousal visa? I'd appreciate your input on this.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yomisley: 9:35am On Feb 07, 2020
Letter from my SKUL

Thou on the form I didn’t see that part where i’m To fill places I have travel to.

Aside the application is just too fast.

I haven’t overstayed.

No asset document submitted. I’m a student which i’m Using my SKUL as a tie here.

Letter from my skul.
Sponsor letter
Sponsor bank statement,
Flight and hotel reservations
Admission letter
Invitation letter from the vacation company who Is inviting me.
Tax i.d Etc

geotherm:
That was too fast. What documents did you submit? Have you ever overstayed longer than your 6 months on visit visa in any of your travel outside Nigeria or USA? Did you submit any asset documentation?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by agboolaahmed(m): 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Adetaj0:
So after entering into Canada with a tourist visa, u can’t change to any other status’, even to study permit?
@frankrobbn1 please I would like to chat with you privately. Please drop me your email. Please!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Favourme84: 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
I submitted all the necessary document for my application on 6th of Dec,2019 and this morning they sent me this letter...Kindly assist what do you think i should do next.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
yomisley:
Letter from my SKUL

Thou on the form I didn’t see that part where i’m To fill places I have travel to.

Aside the application is just too fast.

I haven’t overstayed.

No asset document submitted. I’m a student which i’m Using my SKUL as a tie here.

Letter from my skul.
Sponsor letter
Sponsor bank statement,
Flight and hotel reservations
Admission letter
Invitation letter from the vacation company who Is inviting me.
Tax i.d Etc

I guess your previous usa visa denial contribute to this decision..and been sponsor for tourist visit or this a student application and what invitation from vacation company??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
So sorry for the refusal. Did you receive correspondence letter before the refusal letter?
Favourme84:
I submitted all the necessary document for my application on 6th of Dec,2019 and this morning they sent me this letter...Kindly assist what do you think i should do next.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iyiolapo2010(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
@Favourme84

Sorry for the refusal you have to tackle ur purpose of visit any invitation ...what is your purpose visit ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Favourme84: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
Yesss..there is an invitation and the purpose is to celebrate Easter with him.

Sorry for the refusal you have to tackle ur purpose of visit any invitation ...what is your purpose visit ? [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Favourme84: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
[quote author=Markab post=86458311]So sorry for the refusal. Did you receive correspondence letter before the refusal

I received the correspondence letter and after 47mins the sent the refusal letter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
[quote author=Favourme84 post=86459200][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
I got the correspond letter from the London visa office this morning as well. Still waiting for the final decision. sad

[quote author=Favourme84 post=86459200][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iyiolapo2010(m): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
@Favourme84

Your purpose is fine the best bet is to order your GCMS befor you reapply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adigun98(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hello fam,I'm sorry I had to post this here but I need honest advise as Ive been following the thread and it's been really informative...Im planning on leaving this Country for good but I only have a million saved up ,I'm 22 and I'm experienced in forklift operating please where can I relocate to and work save up some and move to better places, please I need your advise.
Thanks and God bless
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
Please did they send you and email when thr letter dropped ?
Markab:
I got the correspond letter from the London visa office this morning as well. Still waiting for the final decision. sad

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 12:09am On Feb 08, 2020
Oh yes. I got an email notifying me of an update in my mum’s account. I checked and found the correspondence letter. I’m still expecting the final decision.

approvedxxx:
Please did they send you and email when thr letter dropped ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TimTim01: 11:44am On Feb 08, 2020
hello house, pls am trying to track my application but since yesterday now but no reply pls what happen.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deocano: 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=Markab post=86468645]Oh yes. I got an email notifying me of an update in my mum’s account. I checked and found the correspondence letter. I’m still expecting the final decision.

I also got the mail yesterday but today, I got another mail of rejection.

The reason given is that they re not convinced I will leave Canada base on my purpose of visit.

It is appalling though, cos I attached both old and renewed US Visa with my application.Would I not prefer to stay in the US than Canada if my intention is not to return.

Please guru, what do u think went wrong?

Application submission Nov 22
Biometric letter 23
Biometric captured 26
1st correspondence letter Feb 7
2nd correspondence letter Feb 8

My Profile:
Employment ref ( Mgt Staff in Financial institutions)
Salary account statement
FD certificate
Family of 5 picture
Kids birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Old US Visa with entry stamp and exit( spent 15 days in US in 2018)
Renewed US Visa ( 2019 Sept)
CV
Bank ref letter
Degree and professional certificate
Hotel booking
Flight itinerary ( multicity flight that will take me to US after 7 days in Canada back to Naija
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by missnigeria: 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
Good day all.

Am planning to relocate and work legally in Canada in the next few months. Please what advice can you give?.

Any useful information on how to go about it.
How difficult is it to get job? Life style and the settlement Pattern. How much should I budget for my basic traveling allowances (BTA).Any agency or Canada recruiter

Your useful advice is highly welcome
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
My mum's visa passport request came in this morning.

TImeline:

Applied - Dec 4 2019,

Biometrics request Letter Dec 5 2019
Biometrics submitted - Dec 16 2019
Eligibility review stared - Jan 31 2020
Correspondence Letter (BVL) - Feb 7 2020
Passport Request Letter - Feb 8 2020

Document Submitted
Mum's employment letters and promotion letters
Her one month pay slip
my parents' marriage certificate
mum's account statement bal #400k
Her Credentials (She's in academics)

Mine
my marriage certificate
Invitation letter from me
my birth certificate
my bank statement bal 7k CAD
me and my spouse's Driver's licences
Our PR cards
My 3 pay stubs
My Naija property documents
Power of Attorney appointing my mum to act on my behalf
My car registration document.

It was short and simple. No flight ticket and no itinerary.

Alhamdulilah

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deocano: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
Markab:
My mum's visa passport request came in this morning.

TImeline:

Applied - Dec 4 2019,

Biometrics request Letter Dec 5 2019
Biometrics submitted - Dec 16 2019
Eligibility review stared - Jan 31 2020
Correspondence Letter (BVL) - Feb 7 2020
Passport Request Letter - Feb 8 2020

Document Submitted
Mum's employment letters and promotion letters
Her one month pay slip
my parents' marriage certificate
mum's account statement bal #400k
Her Credentials (She's in academics)

Mine
my marriage certificate
Invitation letter from me
my birth certificate
my bank statement bal 7k CAD
me and my spouse's Driver's licences
Our PR cards
My 3 pay stubs
My Naija property documents
Power of Attorney appointing my mum to act on my behalf
My car registration document.

It was short and simple. No flight ticket and no itinerary.

Alhamdulilah

Congrats to u and your Mom Bro.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
Please brother in the house, I need help from you.
I want to travel using Tourist visa to just apply for study visa, please can I go with one way flight ticket and Just leave from the place to my school in Europe?

Will there be issue at Airport ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
Do you have both visas yet?
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Please brother in the house, I need help from you.
I want to travel using Tourist visa to just apply for study visa, please can I go with one way flight ticket and Just leave from the place to my school in Europe?

Will there be issue at Airport ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
Markab:
Do you have both visas yet?

No , I only have the one from Nigeria to country am going to apply for visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2020
I don't think airlines will allow you board with a one-way ticket on a tourist visa to any western country. I may be wrong though
OlakunmiSMELTD:

No , I only have the one from Nigeria to country am going to apply for visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:36pm On Feb 08, 2020
Markab:
I don't think airlines will allow you board with a one-way ticket on a tourist visa to any western country. I may be wrong though

So that means I must book return ticket.
Am really trying to manage my money.

So there is no way I can avoid return ticket
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 11:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
Hello guys, May I please ask how much VFS charges for passport return courier to an address within Lagos? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Personpikin0853: 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
Good day house, I am a passive member here.

I plan on Visiting Canada in the month of July,2020 for a 3 Days Conference in my work related area (area of expertise)

I currently work for one of the 5 top well known companies in Nigeria.- (with only 1 year of experience)

As a means of boosting my career I chose this conference as it will help take me to the next level.

For my application I plan on submitting:

Academics Credentials (B.sc Certificate, NYSC)
My employment letter
My Leave Letter
My invitation letter for the conference.
My Bank Account Statement of 3million naira. (For over 3months and is the 3m enough?
My Hotel Reservation
My Flight itinerary
My Parents,Brothers and sister pictures and birth certificate/passport that are in Nigeria.

Please house which other things do I need and what's my chances of my visa approval. I have no travel history

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OlakunmiSMELTD: 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
[quote author=OlakunmiSMELTD post=86492408]Please brother in the house, I need help from you.

Please is there anyways I can do without return ticket
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vivaforever01(f): 3:15pm On Feb 09, 2020
Please help, I want to apply for a tourist visa, can I use my dad salary account( that is my dad is my sponsor), but for about 2 months money hasn’t been in that account, or do I use my own account? Which I have only 300k in it, I have a land(which I will submit as asset), I am also a corper to be passing out by March, so I am a bit helpless, can my ppa stand as my employee, can they state that I am on leave?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
Vivaforever01:
Please help, I want to apply for a tourist visa, can I use my dad salary account( that is my dad is my sponsor), but for about 2 months money hasn’t been in that account, or do I use my own account? Which I have only 300k in it, I have a land(which I will submit as asset), I am also a corper to be passing out by March, so I am a bit helpless, can my ppa stand as my employee, can they state that I am on leave?

Whichever way you go, why will you come back home if you are granted the visa?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KIDfurniture(m): 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
My canada .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tblaze007(m), trollx, Elvisu, williamszooh, Kelvinarsenal, Ashirioluwa and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.