Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,642 members, 7,851,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2385990 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (1125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2016
guttentag:

Hello bodejohn, any luck from the CIC because we are both in the same waiting list

@bode. welcome to the club...I submitted documents online and did thumb print 16 oct ......they started treating my document end of January till date is still under processing.
I have decided to try another country.......
but still hoping and don't knw why It took this long after several attempt and mails to reach them all they mailed back was they are working on it........
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2016
friendly101:

@bode. welcome to the club...I submitted documents online and did thumb print 16 oct ......they started treating my document end of January till date is still under processing.
I have decided to try another country.......
but still hoping and don't knw why It took this long after several attempt and mails to reach them all they mailed back was they are working on it........

You mean Oct 2015? Are you applying to be the president of CA? grin
They are completely on their own, since my passport is with me, i have no worries.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guttentag(m): 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
after waiting for almost three months, these useless and stup1d CIC just close my application just because the conference meeting i am attending was canceled.
i feel so frustrated and heartbroken right now
bOKO Haram should do the needful to those useless VFS office in lekki
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mimikoko: 12:35am On Apr 29, 2016
Good day everyone, I sent in my online application for a tourist visa on the 7th of April but I still haven't received any information concerning the biometrics appointment.
Please did anyone have a similar situation?
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 2:54am On Apr 29, 2016
mimikoko:
Good day everyone, I sent in my online application for a tourist visa on the 7th of April but I still haven't received any information concerning the biometrics appointment.
Please did anyone have a similar situation?
Thanks.
it shouldn`t take more than 2hours for you to get biometric request mail on your profile. Perhaps, your email address is wrong....Sign in into your account online to check and update it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 2:57am On Apr 29, 2016
bodejohn:

You mean Oct 2015? Are you applying to be the president of CA? grin
They are completely on their own, since my passport is with me, i have no worries.
Those peeps are so useless these days. From the moments the syrian refugees were brought in to Canada.... The number of intake from other countries have reduced drastically and CIC is logically and technically indirectly helping students and visitors to differ their admission and visitation to another year by delaying their applications. its just logical....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mimikoko: 7:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address:?. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

The above is the last email I got and the MyCIC account is showing 'not needed at this time ' under biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2016
mimikoko:
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address:?. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

The above is the last email I got and the MyCIC account is showing 'not needed at this time ' under biometrics.
That's the message you will get after you have done your biometrics and it has been updated on your cic account...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kolajoo(m): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Sick and tired of endless waiting. I applied in Nov 3rd 2015 through online route until now my application still under processing embarassed. Pls is it advisable to jejely withdraw my APP and forget about Canada for now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travy: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2016
I need advise. I want to apply for a Canadian visa as I need to apply for a 2 month training. I have the following question:

1. Is a visit visa what I should apply for or a study visa?

2. On the visit visa application page it say are you going on business, tourism, interview for skilled worker program, other. Should I select "tourism" or "other"?

3. It also asked about job and business. I do work for my own business but my business isn't registered because it's a sole propietorship business. Should I just check Yes for "Do you have a job" and No for the "Do you have a business" question?

Please share you experience.

Thank you in advance for your advise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2016
kolajoo:
Sick and tired of endless waiting. I applied in Nov 3rd 2015 through online route until now my application still under processing embarassed. Pls is it advisable to jejely withdraw my APP and forget about Canada for now?

@Kolajoo, did you apply with conference/training or hotel booking/vacation purpose?
I am still wondering why some applications are running into several months.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starmonii(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2016
wish u all success
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starmonii(m): 12:04am On May 01, 2016
I have some questions that i wish to get the answer regarding canada business visa.
1. do I need to do medicals?
2. do i need to do biometrics?
3. do i need to go for interview after submitting my application?

thanks, hope for better
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sarang(f): 5:57am On May 02, 2016
Please someone write to me the documents needed for open work permit app from outside Canada?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starmonii(m): 8:00am On May 02, 2016
starmonii:
I have some questions that i wish to get the answer regarding canada business visa.
1. do I need to do medicals?
2. do i need to do biometrics?
3. do i need to go for interview after submitting my application?

thanks, hope for better

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vivychi: 8:27pm On May 09, 2016
Hello guys..... A friend of mine applied for TRV for her husband's Graduation(Paper route) since March 21 so far theres bin no news from the embassy and her problem is that d graduation will hold in first week of June. Please is dere anyone who applied in March via paper route that has heard from them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2016
Vivychi:
Hello guys..... A friend of mine applied for TRV for her husband's Graduation(Paper route) since March 21 so far theres bin no news from the embassy and her problem is that d graduation will hold in first week of June. Please is dere anyone who applied in March via paper route that has heard from them?

Average processing time for a TRV is between 65 and 70days...

Tell your friend to chill for another 2 to 3 weeks...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 3:40am On May 10, 2016
bodejohn:

Average processing time for a TRV is between 65 and 70days...

Tell your friend to chill for another 2 to 3 weeks...
I applied for my wife since March 11 and also still waiting for them.....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 6:08am On May 10, 2016
iammartinzo:

I applied for my wife since March 11 and also still waiting for them.....

You are about 60 days gone...I did biometrics on the 10th March, so I guess we should expect some information from them this week or early next week...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2016
bodejohn:

You are about 60 days gone...I did biometrics on the 10th March, so I guess we should expect some information from them this week or early next week...
bodejohn:

Yeah... My wife did her Biometrics on 11th of March..... I'm very optimistic. By God's Grace. I really can't wait... Goodnews IJN for us all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaffy19: 3:11pm On May 10, 2016
i apply via paper app for TRV on 18march and did my biometric same day. Today i received a message from VSF that my processed application have been dispatched from canada visa office what next. Pls

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 3:16pm On May 10, 2016
shaffy19:
i apply via paper app for TRV on 18march and did my biometric same day. Today i received a message from VSF that my processed application have been dispatched from canada visa office what next. Pls
Did you applied for study permit or visiting?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaffy19: 3:34pm On May 10, 2016
visit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 3:51pm On May 10, 2016
shaffy19:
visit
Well.. I guess you should get a msg from cic saying your TRV has been approved. Either way... pick it up first bcoz they don't often request for medical for visiting...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaffy19: 4:00pm On May 10, 2016
i dont think i have anytyn to do with cic because i apply tru paper
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 4:17pm On May 10, 2016
shaffy19:
i dont think i have anytyn to do with cic because i apply tru paper
Who worked on your application then if not cic? Do you think it's vfs? Lmao
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaffy19: 5:10pm On May 10, 2016
wat is d meaning of dis rubbish, if u cant explain very well then keep shut..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2016
shaffy19:
wat is d meaning of dis rubbish, if u cant explain very well then keep shut..
LOL. Ok sorry about that... either paper or online... all applications are handled by cic. Vfs is just an agent helping with collection and dispatch of applications and they have no input or whatsoever on the decision of cic. So, after you submitted your application via paper. it will be transferred to cic for them to work on it. CIC handled everything... I hope my explanation is clear enough. Sorry I laughed...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaffy19: 5:33pm On May 10, 2016
i received two message one from canada visa application center and the othe one is from VSF. And am sorry for wat hap ealier.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2016
shaffy19:
i received two message one from canada visa application center and the othe one is from VSF. And am sorry for wat hap ealier.
Does any of the msg state that your TRV has been approved?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 8:44pm On May 10, 2016
iammartinzo:

Does any of the msg state that your TRV has been approved?

They do not send approval messages for visit visa. If it's online, they would send passport request. It's obvious this is a paper application so she should just go pick up the passport tomorrow from vfs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (1125) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ozymes, Confirm4real(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.