Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,785 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2415489 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (1132) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 2:08pm On May 14, 2016
shaffy19:
am so happy that its already done, apply on 13 march and my visa is ready by 10 may. Waooo GOD wat did i have to offer u, with a virgin passport. Who are those in charge wen GOD is controlling. Happy mood
Congrats.... I tap from ur Grace for next week... it shall be positive. @bodejohn we looking forward to next week... no delay!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2016
iammartinzo:

Congrats.... I tap from ur Grace for next week... it shall be positive. @bodejohn we looking forward to next week... no delay!!!

I am not really anxious...

Whether it is released or not, i will be on vacation first and second week in August, God giving us life.
I can only be worried if my passport was with them.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 8:27pm On May 14, 2016
bodejohn:

I am not really anxious...

Whether it is released or not, i will be on vacation first and second week in August, God giving us life.
I can only be worried if my passport was with them.
That's true though... I just need to have my wife with me asap.... it's all about perspective planning.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cocotizo: 1:17pm On May 15, 2016
My Wife and I are planning a phased relocation to Canada.

We have researched her going as a matured student (32yrs, OND) to improve her education, but going with 2kids (7, 5) but were told not to waste time as she would not get the Student Permit required.

We have good travelling record wife (4X- SA; 3X - UK; 4X - UAE); self (+10X - UK; SA -1); Kids (1 -UK; 1 -SA) all within the past 10year period.

I am a middle level mgr in a corporate firm in Nigeria (about N400K/mth; can provide an acct bal - N1.5mil). Introduction letter from office, payslips; title deed/approved plan on 2 lands under devt; CSCS acct (500k); Life insur (1.5mil); Pension Fund acct(10mil) are no problem.

My wife has a prvt business but not so buoyant as she is d own managing most the home front (can provide corporate acct bal -N500k) and tax clearance.

How best does this consider for a CA visting visa? Can we all go together, while I leave them there? Children schooling? Can she get some under table job till she regularises? what is needed to regularize? can she change her visitor visa for student permit while in CA( I can afford to pay her school fees and give some monthly stipends)? what options do I have to join them in 1/2yrs later?

Just perusing here for advice or experience, to limit exposure with shylock agents out there.

Thx.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2016
cocotizo:
My Wife and I are planning a phased relocation to Canada.

We have researched her going as a matured student (32yrs, OND) to improve her education, but going with 2kids (7, 5) but were told not to waste time as she would not get the Student Permit required.

We have good travelling record wife (4X- SA; 3X - UK; 4X - UAE); self (+10X - UK; SA -1); Kids (1 -UK; 1 -SA) all within the past 10year period.

I am a middle level mgr in a corporate firm in Nigeria (about N400K/mth; can provide an acct bal - N1.5mil). Introduction letter from office, payslips; title deed/approved plan on 2 lands under devt; CSCS acct (500k); Life insur (1.5mil); Pension Fund acct(10mil) are no problem.

My wife has a prvt business but not so buoyant as she is d own managing most the home front (can provide corporate acct bal -N500k) and tax clearance.

How best does this consider for a CA visting visa? Can we all go together, while I leave them there? Children schooling? Can she get some under table job till she regularises? what is needed to regularize? can she change her visitor visa for student permit while in CA( I can afford to pay her school fees and give some monthly stipends)? what options do I have to join them in 1/2yrs later?

Just perusing here for advice or experience, to limit exposure with shylock agents out there.

Thx.
Depending on her passion for education.... there is no age limit for education. She can get study permit if she's able to secure admission but since that study permit is just a path to gain permanent residency... it will be good if you both can apply for express entry instead of this long process thru school. All u need to is write the English test and then u can apply. Once u do well in that... am sure you stand a good chance of getting it not minding the points you will loose on age

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cocotizo: 2:16pm On May 15, 2016
Thanks Martinzo,

Response from Lagos' Canadian Application Centre.

Good Afternoon,
Thanks for contacting us.
With her current status her chance of a visa maybe slim because of her age

We were also told taking 2kids along may look fishy to the VO/Border Agents.

However, I have tried to evaluate my potential for the Express Entry.

Shortfalls;
*I need to score 67%, then getting sorted is only a probability.
*I am 39Years old, will be 40by the time write IELTS and finish processing, meaning losing some marks.
*My practising field of Outbound Logistics is not hot in CA and not listed in short demand.

Good side though;
* I have an MBA & BSc (Chemical Engineering) from A Nigerian University
* PGCert and about rounding up an MSC in Process Business (Operations) Mgt from a UK university on part time

What do you think? I stick for Legit options, but don't mind some short cuts if possible smiley

iammartinzo:

Depending on her passion for education.... there is no age limit for education. She can get study permit if she's able to secure admission but since that study permit is just a path to gain permanent residency... it will be good if you both can apply for express entry instead of this long process thru school. All u need to is write the English test and then u can apply. Once u do well in that... am sure you stand a good chance of getting it not minding the points you will loose on age

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 6:04am On May 16, 2016
cocotizo:
Thanks Martinzo,

Response from Lagos' Canadian Application Centre.

Good Afternoon,
Thanks for contacting us.
With her current status her chance of a visa maybe slim because of her age

We were also told taking 2kids along may look fishy to the VO/Border Agents.

However, I have tried to evaluate my potential for the Express Entry.

Shortfalls;
*I need to score 67%, then getting sorted is only a probability.
*I am 39Years old, will be 40by the time write IELTS and finish processing, meaning losing some marks.
*My practising field of Outbound Logistics is not hot in CA and not listed in short demand.

Good side though;
* I have an MBA & BSc (Chemical Engineering) from A Nigerian University
* PGCert and about rounding up an MSC in Process Business (Operations) Mgt from a UK university on part time

What do you think? I stick for Legit options, but don't mind some short cuts if possible smiley

where is Visa Application centre? is that VFS or CIC?
if its VFS..... I don't believe their response coz they have no input or whatsoever in visa decision.. They are just a courier company to help submit application to CIC. Just the link btw applicant and CIC... but if we look at it logically with ur wife's age and all that, the best will be express entry except she wants to study a course like nursing here.... which is obvious very very expensive!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cocotizo: 9:31am On May 16, 2016
iammartinzo:

where is Visa Application centre? is that VFS or CIC?
if its VFS..... I don't believe their response coz they have no input or whatsoever in visa decision.. They are just a courier company to help submit application to CIC. Just the link btw applicant and CIC... but if we look at it logically with ur wife's age and all that, the best will be express entry except she wants to study a course like nursing here.... which is obvious very very expensive!!!

Thanks Martinzo.

"Canadian University Application Centre Lagos" <nigeria@canada123.org>

Canadian University Application Centre
Pentagon Plaza(2nd floor)
23 Opebi road
Ikeja,Lagos.

Guess some of these Agencies that prides on university placement and stuffs. They have a FB page.

I will try to register for the IELTS and write in August this year as that's about what time its available on British Council webpage. It is about the very first thing to fill in on the Express Entry Immigration site, while registering for an Account.

Any more advise in the house?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 11:47am On May 17, 2016
Day 67. @bodejohn how far bro?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 5:17pm On May 17, 2016
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

if u are long overdue and cant wait to read from Canada u can mail them on the above site I just did now and how to read from them......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 5:53pm On May 17, 2016
friendly101:
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

if u are long overdue and cant wait to read from Canada u can mail them on the above site I just did now and how to read from them......
I don't understand your msg... read from canada how? Were u replied when u sent a mail and if they did... was the response satisfactory? Kindly reply. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 3:07pm On May 18, 2016
iammartinzo:
Day 67. @bodejohn how far bro?

No news yet...both applications still has final decision not started.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 6:00pm On May 18, 2016
bodejohn:

No news yet...both applications still has final decision not started.
Same here bro... I just called their office here in Canny to find out what is happening as the travel date is near.... They actually didn't receive the application until like 3 days after submission.. I just have to chill again till next week according to what the lady told me..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slim85: 10:16am On May 19, 2016
Hello everyone in the house.I must confess that I love this site.Its so encouraging and educative.Myself and my hubby applied for a Canadian visiting visa with our 2 daughters.I have a job and also run a store.My husband has travelled to countries like UK,South Korea,Romania,Cyprus,Tunisia,Spain to mention a few and he has a valid residence in one of the European countries.But we have never travelled together as a family because of the nature of his job.what are our chances? we submitted a bank statement of 3.5m.we went for our biometrics April 12th and we have since not heard anything.The only email we got was that our visa is being processed and we were given a tracking number.Pls I want to ask,How long does this take because we did an internet application.Thanks everyone as I await your responses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mcearnie: 11:10am On May 19, 2016
Good job you guys are doing here. God bless you all.

I need help urgently as i am about to submit an application for study permit. I gained admission to a college in Ontario for a diploma program that would last 8 months starting from September 5th, 2016. I am 28 yrs old, i have a wife and a daughter here in Nigeria. i rounded up my masters in April, 2016 and awaiting clearance. I have 2 jobs, one a full time and the other is a part time. Now,the company where i work part time are one of my sponsors, they will present letter of sponsorship, company statement of account, etc but i do not have a company salary account from them as they mostly pay me in cash and not regularly. I can only get payslip, letter of employment and ID card...Meanwhile, the company i work full time for are not my sponsor and are not even aware of my plans but i have a salary account, letter of employment and confirmation, ID card, etc.

My question now is, should i present the documents that i can gather from the 2 companies or present only from the sponsoring company even though it is a part time job?

Pls help urgently.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 11:13am On May 19, 2016
slim85:
Hello everyone in the house.I must confess that I love this site.Its so encouraging and educative.Myself and my hubby applied for a Canadian visiting visa with our 2 daughters.I have a job and also run a store.My husband has travelled to countries like UK,South Korea,Romania,Cyprus,Tunisia,Spain to mention a few and he has a valid residence in one of the European countries.But we have never travelled together as a family because of the nature of his job.what are our chances? we submitted a bank statement of 3.5m.we went for our biometrics April 12th and we have since not heard anything.The only email we got was that our visa is being processed and we were given a tracking number.Pls I want to ask,How long does this take because we did an internet application.Thanks everyone as I await your responses.

Processing time is about 70days or even more...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 1:22pm On May 19, 2016
slim85:
Not to discourage u... my wife applied on 10th of March and after 70days.... they haven't even reviewed her application according to the msg I got from them this mrng when I sent them an email. Yours could be different though....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pholy(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2016
slim85:

Hi Slim85,

Wanna ask how you and your husband applied? via online or paper route? were you able to apply as a family or individually?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pholy(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2016
Hi Gurus in the house,

My wife and I intend applying for a canadian visit visa for the purpose of tourism.

We recently travelled to the UK together last summer. This was her first trip outside the country.

I am also a frequent traveller and have been the USA, UK, Dubai and Mauritius on several occassions mainly for tourism.

Please advse on how we should go about our application... via online or paper route?

is it possible for us to apply as a family or the applications are treated individually?

Thanks.

cc justwise, other gurus in the house.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slim85: 11:41am On May 20, 2016
we applied together as a family.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pholy(m): 1:06pm On May 20, 2016
slim85:
we applied together as a family.

Thanks Slim,

Just read your post stating you applied online however how did you overcome this GC key login process which states that each application is unique per applicant.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 5:53pm On May 20, 2016
Pholy:
Hi Gurus in the house,
My wife and I intend applying for a canadian visit visa for the purpose of tourism.
We recently travelled to the UK together last summer. This was her first trip outside the country.
I am also a frequent traveller and have been the USA, UK, Dubai and Mauritius on several occassions mainly for tourism.
Please advse on how we should go about our application... via online or paper route?
is it possible for us to apply as a family or the applications are treated individually?
Thanks.
apply via paper application...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:32pm On May 20, 2016
Pholy:
Hi Gurus in the house,

Thanks.

I don't think it makes any difference whether you applied online or offline but personally I prefer online application because it's easier and you will be able to correct mistakes before submitting.

You can apply as a family.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pholy(m): 9:30am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

I don't think it makes any difference whether you applied online or offline but personally I prefer online application because it's easier and you will be able to correct mistakes before submitting.

You can apply as a family.

Thanks a lot Just wise. Very glad to hear from you.

I didn't see any option that allows me to register my spouse... I thought the GCKEY sign in allows you register only one applicant.

If it's no trouble, can you take me thru the process please.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:39am On May 21, 2016
Pholy:

Thanks a lot Just wise. Very glad to hear from you.

I didn't see any option that allows me to register my spouse... I thought the GCKEY sign in allows you register only one applicant.

If it's no trouble, can you take me thru the process please.

Thanks.

I have not used that form before so maybe you need to through the paper one for such option.

I think somebody here got a visa as a family? Read few pages back to see if you can see the post.

This form has section for family information http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.pdf
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pholy(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

I have not used that form before so maybe you need to through the paper one for such option.

I think somebody here got a visa as a family? Read few pages back to see if you can see the post.

This form has section for family information http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.pdf

Thanks again Justwise.

I am not sure the online option allows family application. The form attached is just to collect information on family.

The post you referred to was by Babsfrey and i think they applied separately... the post wasnt clear enough.

will keep researching tho. thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:39am On May 21, 2016
Pholy:

Thanks again Justwise.

I am not sure the online option allows family application. The form attached is just to collect information on family.

The post you referred to was by Babsfrey and i think they applied separately... the post wasnt clear enough.

will keep researching tho. thanks a lot.

The link I attached there need to be downloaded separately together with the main visa application form.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pholy(m): 10:59am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

The link I attached there need to be downloaded separately together with the main visa application form.

Thanks Justwise, i have already filled that form. My issue is unlike UK and USA applications, Canada does not allow family applications for a visiting visa. my real fear is that i would want our visa decision outcome to be the same that's why i don't want to apply separately via the online route.

I will probably take your advice and apply via paper route.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 11:15am On May 21, 2016
Pholy:

Thanks Justwise, i have already filled that form. My issue is unlike UK and USA applications, Canada does not allow family applications for a visiting visa . my real fear is that i would want our visa decision outcome to be the same that's why i don't want to apply separately via the online route.

I will probably take your advice and apply via paper route.

Bro that is not true. Put all applications in one folder and submit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pholy(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

Bro that is not true. Put all applications in one folder and submit

hmmm ok . will review. will give feedback. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 3:20pm On May 21, 2016
Pholy:

hmmm ok . will review. will give feedback. thanks

Canada allows family application. I recently applied with my wife via paper application. I prefer paper application but the major problem is that it might take up to 70 days and you would have to drop your passport with them while for online ,your passport is with you. If you have any questions let me know

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (1132) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Reddfox(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.