Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,231 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2403870 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (1129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 8:55pm On May 10, 2016
Cala:

They do not send approval messages for visit visa. If it's online, they would send passport request. It's obvious this is a paper application so she should just go pick up the passport tomorrow from vfs.

Pls where will the passport request sent to ...... I did mine online....how will u knw if the visa is approved?

@cala
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 9:52pm On May 10, 2016
Cala:

They do not send approval messages for visit visa. If it's online, they would send passport request. It's obvious this is a paper application so she should just go pick up the passport tomorrow from vfs.
Really... Don't get it wrong. They do... my mother in law got her visiting visa via paper last week and she was sent an approval mail. It might just vary... not everyone get approval mail.. when I got my student visa.. I got 2 different mails.. one for study permit and anoda for work permit while some peeps got no mail and some got just one and then, I did paper application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ogorino1: 11:13pm On May 10, 2016
[quote author=shaffy19 post=45497112]i received two message one from canada visa application center and the othe one is from VSF. And am sorry for wat hap ealier

My first application for study permit I received same mail from Canada and vfs. And it say I was refused for two reasons, purpose of visit and family ties so lame a reason but what can we do. so I answered then and reapplied.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2016
It's day 61 already.... CIC.... May the Lord perfect it IJN. CIC abeg!!! Na beg I dey beg oooooooo... tired of waiting plzzz
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vivychi: 4:01am On May 12, 2016
bodejohn:

Average processing time for a TRV is between 65 and 70days...

Tell your friend to chill for another 2 to 3 weeks...
Thanks. She got her package today and was denied
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 5:23am On May 12, 2016
Vivychi:

Awww..... Thats soo sad!!! what are the reasons given?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 6:54am On May 12, 2016
Vivychi:

Waoh....so sorry to hear that, for some others, the waiting continues....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 3:38pm On May 12, 2016
bodejohn:

Waoh....so sorry to hear that, for some others, the waiting continues....
The wait ends next week by God's Grace. It's 63rd day already
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiwests: 9:27pm On May 12, 2016
Hey Guys,

I applied for Canada visitor visa via online and yesterday, CIC sent me a letter requesting for my original passport. The problem is, I don't want to travel to Lagos or Abuja. I was told I can send my passport to the Visa Office in Lagos or Abuja through UPS and I will have to pay =N=4960. My question is, am I responsible for the return envelope? or does the N4960 covers the cost of sending back my passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 10:29pm On May 12, 2016
Obiwests:
Hey Guys,

I applied for Canada visitor visa via online and yesterday, CIC sent me a letter requesting for my original passport. The problem is, I don't want to travel to Lagos or Abuja. I was told I can send my passport to the Visa Office in Lagos or Abuja through UPS and I will have to pay =N=4960. My question is, am I responsible for the return envelope? or does the N4960 covers the cost of sending back my passport?

You might need to call the VFS office to confirm. I am happy to hear that there is a UPS service for the submission of the passports.

When did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 12:11am On May 13, 2016
Obiwests:
Hey Guys,

Congrat. When did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiwests: 2:14am On May 13, 2016
Thanks I applied on March 23

bodejohn:

You might need to call the VFS office to confirm. I am happy to hear that there is a UPS service for the submission of the passports.

When did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiwests: 2:16am On May 13, 2016
iammartinzo:

Congrat. When did you apply?

Thanks. I applied on the 23rd of March
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 2:56am On May 13, 2016
Obiwests:

Thanks. I applied on the 23rd of March
Wow! That was superfast. . I applied on March 11th and still awaiting response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by samnijazz: 8:36am On May 13, 2016
Please what documents did you submit, any travel history and also the route. Kindly put a brother through
iammartinzo:

Wow! That was superfast. . I applied on March 11th and still awaiting response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 12:36pm On May 13, 2016
samnijazz:
Please what documents did you submit, any travel history and also the route. Kindly put a brother through
Submitted for my wife not myself and still expecting response from them...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 2:11pm On May 13, 2016
NB: I stand to be corrected, to get the Canada vistors visa u must av huge travel history especially a USA visa on your passport, 98% of people on this thread that got the Canada vistors visa had USA visa in their passport. A virgin passport will not do any magic.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiwests: 2:40pm On May 13, 2016
andre99:
NB: I stand to be corrected, to get the Canada vistors visa u must av huge travel history especially a USA visa on your passport, 98% of people on this thread that got the Canada vistors visa had USA visa in their passport. A virgin passport will not do any magic.

That's not true. I applied for a visitor visa with a virgin passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2016
andre99:
I don't believe that... Those people are just irrational sometimes.. very difficult to understand their approval matrix. So, no one can say the parameter for their approval or rejection even when u feel u meet all the requirements. Anyway... am very optimistic about the application I submitted but just need their timely response, the wait is killing and it's day 64 already
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 3:07pm On May 13, 2016
@bodejohn any news bro?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2016
Obiwests:

That's not true. I applied for a visitor visa with a virgin passport.
Okay.....pls kindly share the documents u submitted and did u get an invitation letter from a PR, so we can learn from you how u packaged your application. Thank u. I just think someone btw the ages of 24-34 yrs who is single and without no travel history will find it a bit difficult.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiwests: 3:31pm On May 13, 2016
My brother is a Canadian citizen, he's getting married. Documents he sent to me were:
1. Invitation Letter
2. Copy of his Canadian passport
3. Wedding cards
4. Bank Statement
5. House ownership document in Canada
6. Letter from the Church where ceremony will take place

For me, I'm still in the University here in Nigeria, So I only submitted the following documents:

1. Letter from my HOD
2. Admission Letter
3. School Fees receipt from 1st year to 4th year
4. Letter explaining why I must attend his wedding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 3:50pm On May 13, 2016
Obiwests:
My brother is a Canadian citizen, he's getting married. Documents he sent to me were:
1. Invitation Letter
2. Copy of his Canadian passport
3. Wedding cards
4. Bank Statement
5. House ownership document in Canada
6. Letter from the Church where ceremony will take place

For me, I'm still in the University here in Nigeria, So I only submitted the following documents:

1. Letter from my HOD
2. Admission Letter
3. School Fees receipt from 1st year to 4th year
4. Letter explaining why I must attend his wedding
GBAM.....u nailed it, that was what i was actually expecting from u cos u r still in skool and ur brother is a citizen and ready to drop all his documents for u to tender at the embassy, congrats and enjoy ur stay in Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiwests: 4:31pm On May 13, 2016
Thanks and I wish you all the best

andre99:

GBAM.....u nailed it, that was what i was actually expecting from u cos u r still in skool and ur brother is a citizen and ready to drop all his documents for u to tender at the embassy, congrats and enjoy ur stay in Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2016
iammartinzo:
@bodejohn any news bro?

No news yet...I am suspecting that my bank might be dulling the process. Since my SoA is one of the documents that might be verified.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 6:16pm On May 13, 2016
bodejohn:

No news yet...I am suspecting that my bank might be dulling the process. Since my SoA is one of the documents that might be verified.
Don't think like that.... am sure they will respond at most... next week... They do verify sometimes though but not to the extent of confirming bank balance...am also expecting their response for my wife... they shld just pls allow me to see my wife again after a year...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guddylover(m): 6:58pm On May 13, 2016
It's not all true, my family members (3 of them) just got a 5-year multiple and they have never traveled out of the country before. Likewise myself, I got my study permit some years back with no travel history. It is just funny how some people think because you have an American visa that you are entitled to a Canadian visa, it doesn't work that way. As a matter of fact, Canada understand that USA don't really scrutinize documents like they do.

From my experience, Canada take into consideration such as purpose of visit, ties in Canada and back home, etc. Best of luck.

andre99:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by missPay: 1:47am On May 14, 2016
iammartinzo:

Awww..... Thats soo sad!!! what are the reasons given?
Purpose of Visit and Travel histoy.
I guess ds days they just thick wateva dey wanna.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 3:04am On May 14, 2016
missPay:

Purpose of Visit and Travel histoy.
I guess ds days they just thick wateva dey wanna.
Exactly... They act irrational most times and reasons are baseless. Let her repackage and refire. Was the applicant visiting her husband or siblings? I am still expecting their response. it's almost 68 days since I applied for my wife.... It's just God's Grace!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaffy19: 12:38pm On May 14, 2016
am so happy that its already done, apply on 13 march and my visa is ready by 10 may. Waooo GOD wat did i have to offer u, with a virgin passport. Who are those in charge wen GOD is controlling. Happy mood

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2016
shaffy19:
am so happy that its already done, apply on 13 march and my visa is ready by 10 may. Waooo GOD wat did i have to offer u, with a virgin passport. Who are those in charge wen GOD is controlling. Happy mood

Congratulations...but suppose you were denied, God no go sidon for throne again?

Let's stop taking this visa thing as do or die joor...if I plan to visit a place for vacation and I'm denied, no be to visit another place?

Abi you dey go to sidon for the place?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaffy19: 1:40pm On May 14, 2016
toor... Ask GOD,

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (1129) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: KodakBlack, Dodieeee and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.