Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321991 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaylash: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
crazyinlove:

Try calling them with this approach. I was able to reach them using the second approach.

lentomac:

From the experience of members in this forum,
Lagos VFS has doing as if they are on a SLOW MO CHALLENGE. Some applicants got their Stamped passports 30 to 40 days after where as Abuja VFS was much faster.

What you can do is this

If you have gotten a Tracking ID from Lagos VFS,
you have to Bombard them with Calls until any of their agents pick

Do refer to this post

Trick on how to reach out to VFS (via Call)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/692#97051549

you can also send Mails to them, though I heard they hardly reply mails but there is no harm in trying, you might just be lucky

Thank you. I’ve sent several mails to them though; no response so far.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onyeka8o: 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Good evening, pls someone should help me on how to write to canada immigration
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OyiBeeBee: 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
Onyeka8o:
Good evening, pls someone should help me on how to write to canada immigration

You need to be more specific with your question.
Which immigration stream did you apply under? Spousal sponsorship or TRV?

Do you want to raise a webform or are you writing to a particular visa office?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by agates: 4:46am On Jan 19, 2021
Kaylash:
Good morning.

My mum submitted her passport to the VFS in Lagos and we just got a notification that her passport is ready for collection at the VAC in Abuja. Has anyone had this issue before?

Yes I had this issue. I see you have emailed me. A day after she got the Abuja VAC mail, she got another that her passport had been delivered to Lagos. If you check few pages back, you will see someone's personal number. I called the number and he confirmed the passport had arrived Lagos from Abuja. He said i will get another email with collection details. I did get the email, followed the instruction and my mum has gotten back her passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onyeka8o: 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
Good day. Yes my wife is a Canadian, she applied under Spousal sponsorship. Nov 2019 she received a letter saying We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
Biometric on October 2019.
Nov 2019. This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Accra for further processing.
Feb 2020. I went for medical examination instructions.
Up till now no updates.
Pls help a brother
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onyeka8o: 1:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
OyiBeeBee:

You need to be more specific with your question.
Which immigration stream did you apply under? Spousal sponsorship or TRV?

Do you want to raise a webform or are you writing to a particular visa office?

Good day. Yes my wife is a Canadian, she applied under Spousal sponsorship. Nov 2019 she received a letter saying We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
Nov 2019. This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Accra for further processing.
Up till now no updates.
Pls help a brother
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
Have you raised a webform asking for status of your application?

Onyeka8o:

Up till now no updates.
Pls help a brother
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by powa2020: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.

Please can you share a legal way to convert visit visa to work vis
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onyeka8o: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
FYsol:
Have you raised a webform asking for status of your application?

Pls direct me am not good in all this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OyiBeeBee: 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
It seems your application has exceeded the 12 month processing time.
You can do one (or all) of three things :

1) Order GCMS notes to see the status of your application.
2) Raise a webform to Accra or send them an email directly enquiring about the status of your application.
Webform:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q1

Email : accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

3) Get your Canadian spouse to contact her MP to enquire about the status of your application. This is purportedly the surest and fastest way to get a response.

Onyeka8o:

Up till now no updates.
Pls help a brother
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onyeka8o: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
It seems your application has exceeded the 12 month processing time.
You can do one (or all) of three things :

1) Order GCMS notes to see the status of your application.
2) Raise a webform to Accra or send them an email directly enquiring about the status of your application.
Webform:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q1

Email : accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

3) Get your Canadian spouse to contact her MP to enquire about the status of your application. This is purportedly the surest and fastest way to get a response.

Thanks �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TBDL: 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hello Guys,
Could someone assist me with the best way on how to change a surname on a CIC account and how long does this change take to be effected?
Many thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
I need help!
How do I sign my online application form? I have clicked validate and bar codes have been generated.
But the column where signature is required, how would I go about that? I am asking on behalf of a good friend.
Thank you for prompt response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julijuli73(f): 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julijuli73(f): 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chirolechick: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
The barcode is sufficient, before you submit the application you’ll sign electronically

babs4all:
I need help!
How do I sign my online application form? I have clicked validate and bar codes have been generated.
But the column where signature is required, how would I go about that? I am asking on behalf of a good friend.
Thank you for prompt response

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chirolechick: 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
You can apply however they’re only attending to applications of people that are immediate and extended family members and people who are travelling for essential purpose

Julijuli73:
Pls how long is tourist visa processing?
Is tourist visa allowed into Canada at the moment because I have no direct relative

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julijuli73(f): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
No

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donobas: 4:09am On Jan 21, 2021
PLEASE I NEED HELP!!! My mum has been asked to submit her passport for Canadian Visitor's Visa. How do I proceed with transmitting this to VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BoazBoo: 6:22am On Jan 21, 2021
Hi, were you able to submit and has your passport been returned to you? Im having issues sending the courier request email. It says their mail box is full. Please help

wizean:
The most frustrating part is the fact that they are not reachable. They don't pick calls on their official contact phone number, the chat platform isn't available and they don't respond to mails. I sent a mail requesting for the procedure to send passports to them since December 30th, they are yet to respond till date. I eventually got all the info on Nairaland. Except for the personal phone numbers that people are giving out here now, it's just almost impossible to reach them if you have any issues and that's just very unfair. Why should everything be so difficult with the Nigerian system?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BoazBoo: 6:24am On Jan 21, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/492#95759563

Donobas:
PLEASE I NEED HELP!!! My mum has been asked to submit her passport for Canadian Visitor's Visa. How do I proceed with transmitting this to VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by neni83: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
Have you gotten any response from them?
Iyabeji12:

I’m in the same shoes as you. Have you received any response?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by neni83: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by neni83: 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
Any response yet for your mum's application?
Cutebabe50:

Thanks,,, Was it up to a month? Waiting for my mum’s
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onedimple: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
Onedimple:
Hi. Has anyone been in this situation:

My elder sister applied for an Authorization for Travel exemption and she got a reply that her request could not be processed because she does not have a visitor visa. Meanwhile her visa application has been with them since last year February. And there is a portion of the instruction for applying for an exemption on their website that, encourages people who had earlier submitted a visa application can apply for an exemption.

Here is an update on the above:

My sister got a letter in her IRCC account last week requesting for our birth certificates with both parents name indicated. The following day she got another one asking her to apply for the Authorization for Travel exemption and she submitted all yesterday. And this morning she got passport request letter and her authorization for travel exemption approval. Thanks everyone.

Please does anyone have an updated info on how to submit passports at VFS Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OyiBeeBee: 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hi.
Pls which visa office processed her application?

Scroll upwards to get the answer to your question. Someone posted the link to a thread.

Onedimple:

Here is an update on the above:

My sister got a letter in her IRCC account last week requesting for our birth certificates with both parents name indicated. The following day she got another one asking her to apply for the Authorization for Travel exemption and she submitted all yesterday. And this morning she got passport request letter and her authorization for travel exemption approval. Thanks everyone.

Please does anyone have an updated info on how to submit passports at VFS Lagos?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onedimple: 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
Hi.
Pls which visa office processed her application?

Scroll upwards to get the answer to your question. Someone posted the link to a thread.

London
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teau: 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello,

Please has anyone asked for GCMS note for refused TRV applicant from outside Canada before.

If you have please can you share how you did it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaylash: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kaylash:

Thank you. I’ve sent several mails to them though; no response so far.
My mum has gotten her passport back. S surprised to see she was given a 4 year visa. Was expecting the usual 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kaylash:
My mum has gotten her passport back. S surprised to see she was given a 4 year visa. Was expecting the usual 6 months.

Probably her passport expiration is in 4yrs time

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by neni83: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kaylash:
They usually give 5years to parents...my friends mother was given 5years

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teau: 8:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello

Please how can one request for GCMS note from Nigeria/outside Canada.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Taal17, deejay102, Shokeye3 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.