Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307462 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BoazBoo: 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
I'm not sure she would need to pay the 12k, if she did a 2way courier. About tracking the package, DHL should give her a tracking no.. However VFS will update her via email when they receive it and will keep updating her as the passport is being transmitted from one place to another.

Onedimple:

Hi. My sister sent her passport via DHL Isolo last Thursday, and was told that she would need to come back and pick it there when it is ready for collection. My questions are, do she need to pay the 12k for courier again? Do she need to inform VFS that she'd sent her passport via DHL? and do you have an idea of how she can track her passport submission to know when she would get it back? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onedimple: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2021
BoazBoo:
I'm not sure she would need to pay the 12k, if she did a 2way courier. About tracking the package, DHL should give her a tracking no.. However VFS will update her via email when they receive it and will keep updating her as the passport is being transmitted from one place to another.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lexy123: 10:47pm On Jan 25, 2021
Lexy123:
Hello All,

Pls quick question. I am filling the questionnaire for vist visa for my mum. I know on the application form proper for purpose of visit you pick other and state covid-19 in 1b. However, does the same also apply for when filling the questionnaire?

I am asking this because if you select other on the questionnaire for purpose of visit, the document list doesn't include the "purpose of travel" field where you upload flight reservation, itinerary and all.

Pls how did those that have passed this stage do it

Thanks.

Any help pls guys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kniffy: 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
I just submitted an application for my mum as well. On the questionnaire, I did not choose ‘other’. It was only on the application form that I selected other and wrote out COVID-19

Lexy123:
Hello All,

Pls quick question. I am filling the questionnaire for vist visa for my mum. I know on the application form proper for purpose of visit you pick other and state covid-19 in 1b. However, does the same also apply for when filling the questionnaire?

I am asking this because if you select other on the questionnaire for purpose of visit, the document list doesn't include the "purpose of travel" field where you upload flight reservation, itinerary and all.

Pls how did those that have passed this stage do it

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mummy1964(f): 4:09am On Jan 26, 2021
Am about applying for a tourist visa with my family. Pls is canada attending to this now? How fast is the response now, cos a m aware of backlog
Pls i beg for responses
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Viking007(m): 4:26am On Jan 26, 2021
mummy1964:
Am about applying for a tourist visa with my family. Pls is canada attending to this now? How fast is the response now, cos a m aware of backlog
Pls i beg for responses
Chirolechick:
You can apply however they’re only attending to applications of people that are immediate and extended family members and people who are travelling for essential purpose

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 8:22am On Jan 26, 2021
mummy1964:
Pls i beg for responses

Yes they are attending to application.. just the long processing time due to backlog.... Applying now is just right to avoid delay of application when you are ready
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Viking007(m): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2021
Anndav:

Yes they are attending to application.
You mean they have started attending to TRV applicants?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 8:48am On Jan 26, 2021
Viking007:
You mean they have started attending to TRV applicants?

They never stopped attending to any group of applicants, just that they have the group of people they attend to quickly, for normal visit visa of non family member is about 267 days processing time for Nigerians that is actually a long time, the problem is they want to limit traffic to dere country due to covid.. even if you are given visa it's still almost impossible to travel.. it you application has pass the processing time raise a web form and you will be given if you are qualified... I have a sister who was given recently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Viking007(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2021
Anndav:

They never stopped attending to any group of applicants, just that they have the group of people they attend to quickly, for normal visit visa of non family member is about 267 days processing time for Nigerians that is actually a long time, the problem is they want to limit traffic to dere country due to covid.. even if you are given visa it's still almost impossible to travel.. it you application has pass the processing time raise a web form and you will be given if you are qualified... I have a sister who was given recently.
You mean I can raise a web form after waiting for 267 days?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 9:23am On Jan 26, 2021
Viking007:
You mean I can raise a web form after waiting for 267 days?

Yes check Canada visa processing time and it will officially tell you what to do .. you have to raise a web form if you have pass the processing time

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Viking007(m): 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
Anndav:

Yes check Canada visa processing time and it will officially tell you what to do .. you have to raise a web form if you have pass the processing time
Thanks I've checked. My application is barely a month old
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lexy123: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
kniffy:
I just submitted an application for my mum as well. On the questionnaire, I did not choose ‘other’. It was only on the application form that I selected other and wrote out COVID-19

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newman1010: 3:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hello house, a female friend of mine (in Europe) wants to visit me here in Canada. We’re trying to decide the best strategy to use so as to avoid visa rejection.
Applying as a tourist without an invitation letter or applying to visit me (I will be providing an invitation letter)?

I currently don’t have my PR (awaiting response from IRCC) but I have my post graduate work permit.

What do you think is the best way to approach the application?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mummy1964(f): 12:24am On Jan 27, 2021
[quote author=Viking007 post=98449162][/quote]
This mean, as usual normal vacation were not been granted now as in because i have no relatives in canada if i will be getting u clearly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obi1conte: 1:25am On Jan 27, 2021
Please my good people i need the link to the VFS consent form...thx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Upeople: 3:19am On Jan 27, 2021
MamaOO:

No. They give the validity based on the expiration of your passport. At least if you’re a Nigerian passport holder. If you’re passport is expiring in 5 years, they give you 5 years. If it’s expiring in 9 months, they give you a 9 months visa.

The length of time a visa is valid for (validity) is at the discretion of the visa officer.

The length of time you can stay in Canada as a visitor is at the discretion of the border Agent.

There is a difference between visitor visa and super visa; if you apply for super visa ( for parents & grandparents) visa validity can be up to 10yrs multiple entry.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Upeople: 3:43am On Jan 27, 2021
Newman1010:
Hello house, a female friend of mine (in Europe) wants to visit me here in Canada. We’re trying to decide the best strategy to use so as to avoid visa rejection.
Applying as a tourist without an invitation letter or applying to visit me (I will be providing an invitation letter)?

I currently don’t have my PR (awaiting response from IRCC) but I have my post graduate work permit.

What do you think is the best way to approach the application?

Thanks.

What matters most is the strength of the application. Anybody can get invitation letter from friends. Also, her immigration status in Europe will also be a deciding factor.

She isn’t exempted from the travel restrictions so her application will not get priority processing

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nairaandaed: 9:01am On Jan 27, 2021
House pls my husband and I want to apply for Canada visit visa, we are both based and working in UAE with atleast 3m in our acc here in UAE, three plots of land in Nigeria, a One year contract for a rented apartment and no major travel history, what are our chances
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newman1010: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2021
Upeople:

What matters most is the strength of the application. Anybody can get invitation letter from friends. Also, her immigration status in Europe will also be a deciding factor.

She isn’t exempted from the travel restrictions so her application will not get priority processing

Thank you for your response. She has a valid temporary resident permit / work permit. My concern is as a result of this Covid situation. Do they still approve tourist visas? I’m not even worried about getting priority processing, I just want to know if a tourist visa application can be approved at this time when countries are restricting travels to only essential travelers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Prosper509: 12:57am On Jan 28, 2021
[color=#990000][/color]Please I need clarification on this..it's a month now I did my biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsonpoint: 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2021
I applied since June 6th and I think my application has passed processing time...I will raise a web form.
Anndav:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kettlecorn: 5:07am On Jan 30, 2021
New Canadian Quarantine requirements to become effective in the coming weeks:

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday announced stricter restrictions on travelers in response to new, likely more contagious variants of the novel coronavirus — including making it mandatory for travelers to quarantine in a hotel at their own expense when they arrive in Canada and suspending airline service to Mexico and all Caribbean destinations until April 30.

Trudeau said in addition to the pre-boarding test Canada already requires, the government will be introducing mandatory PCR testing at the airport for people returning to Canada. “Travelers will then have to wait for up to three days at an approved hotel for their test results, at their own expense, which is expected to be more than $2,000,” Trudeau said.
“Those with negative test results will then be able to quarantine at home under significantly increased surveillance and enforcement.”
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadama: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2021
Newman1010:
Do they still approve tourist visas? I’m not even worried about getting priority processing, I just want to know if a tourist visa application can be approved at this time when countries are restricting travels to only essential travelers.
As far as I know, they aren't processing except for those that are exempt from travel restrictions.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newman1010: 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
shadama:

As far as I know, they aren't processing except for those that are exempt from travel restrictions.

Thank you �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Metrics4tea: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Chirolechick:
1. If he is taking care of your expenses then he has to state it in the invitation letter, he only needs to give you an invitation letter
2. You’re neither an immediate family member nor an extended family member, you can still apply, your application will be kept on hold till the restrictions are off
3. To show strong ties home, you should show proof that you’re working like offer letter, pay stub, bank statement to show your salary and to show you can afford the trip
4. It’s a tourist/visa visa, your purpose of travel letter should indicate same, any reason contrary to this is tantamount to refusal

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

See the link to see who an immediate or extended family member is

Thank you. I plan travelling alone for three months, August to be precise. Do I need to fill any form for my wife and daughter or just my own details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dapsalmy: 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Fill for them.... Perfect as ties to your home country.

Metrics4tea:

Thank you. I plan travelling alone for three months, August to be precise. Do I need to fill any form for my wife and daughter or just my own details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sayo02: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2021
Good Morning Bigfido,

I sent you a Nairaland email but since we aren’t connected, I cannot mail you directly. Kindly reach out so we can have a quick conversation. Appreciate your time.
bigfido:
Ok Moji, since you pay me salary, I will discuss it here at your time.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Metrics4tea: 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
dapsalmy:
Fill for them.... Perfect as ties to your home country.

Thanks. Do you think 2.5 million account balance for two months trip is sufficient.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dapsalmy: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2021
The serious mistake people make is that they believe what they look for in the bank statement is the closing balance or some lump sum deposited, no, it's the consistency of funds steady coming in and moderately going out of the account. So, to your question, does your bank statement has a consistent salary structure or some consistent revenue stream the figures can prove?

Metrics4tea:

Thanks. Do you think 2.5 million account balance for two months trip is sufficient.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Metrics4tea: 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
dapsalmy:
The serious mistake people make is that they believe what they look for in the bank statement is the closing balance or some lump sum deposited, no, it's the consistency of funds steady coming in and moderately going out of the account. So, to your question, does your bank statement has a consistent salary structure or some consistent revenue stream the figures can prove?

Yes, thanks. My bank statement has a consistent salary structure for the past three years. Do you mind if PM you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dapsalmy: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2021
Wow!.... Then all you need now is strong documentation.

* Employment documentation/Proof of employment (includes Offer of employment letter, Letter of Recommendation, Letter of leave of absence and Work ID)
*Flight reservation (Reservation no need to pay)
*Hotel Reservation
*Statement of Purpose for Tourist
*Itinerary plan and tour guide.

With this well presented, no science about Canada visa mehn, you're good to go.

UPDATE: I noticed something in your write-up, 2 months trip? what's your purpose for the visit that you're going to be there for 2 months with 2.5m?..... I will advise you to work around 3 weeks trip, or 2 weeks in fact, don't worry, you can stay for up to six months at a time if multiple entries, which will most likely be.

Sure, you can PM me. But if it's a general question why not ask here and I answer, except its personal assistance.

Metrics4tea:

Yes, thanks. My bank statement has a consistent salary structure for the past three years. Do you mind if PM you

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Jeboy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.