Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,325 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2311599 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
Thanks, I will do the PCR as you have said.
Moreover, Is there any likely questions at the POE as per why i came to canada?
mrprolifik:

Yes as far as you are fully vaccinated you are good but you might also need a negative covid 19 molecular test( pcr) taken within 72hrs before your flight to Canada. Without the negative pcr test you will not be allowed to board the airplane to Canada. You can check by downloading the arrivecan app. It will guide you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2021
Heledy:
Thanks, I will do the PCR as you have said.
Moreover, Is there any likely questions at the POE as per why i came to canada?
Yes you would be asked your reason for visit . I am using my own case as an example cos I travelled to Canada last 2 weeks though I am back home now. I was asked my reason for visit even after telling the border agent he still wanted me to show him something to prove it. I just showed him a letter confirming my purpose of visit that I had in my phone he just read it and allowed me in.
N.b : I was there on business purpose
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
Thanks that’s what I really want to knw
Let me go and find reasonable thing to tell them at POE.
mrprolifik:

Yes you would be asked your reason for visit . I am using my own case as an example cos I travelled to Canada last 2 weeks though I am back home now. I was asked my reason for visit even after telling the border agent he still wanted me to show him something to prove it. I just showed him a letter confirming my purpose of visit that I had in my phone he just read it and allowed me in.
N.b : I was there on business purpose
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bishopkinkin: 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2021
Please is it okay if you can guide me through please like a private guide. Ready for the terms and conditionsI will really appreciate
mrprolifik:
I applied for the visa online myself , no help from anybody. You can do it yourself it's not difficult all you need is just to have a good internet connection and a means of scanning some of the documents that might be required from you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:07am On Nov 03, 2021
bishopkinkin:
Please is it okay if you can guide me through please like a private guide. Ready for the terms and conditionsI will really appreciate
If everyone on the thread did private guide , there will be zero information on the thread to gain knowledge from o.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by musspuss: 11:45am On Nov 03, 2021
Sorry to interject, but Canada TRV application happens to be the easiest and most straight forward of all visa applications I've seen..comparing visit visas for US, UK, UAE, Shenghen, South Africa, you can't go wrong IF you read and follow the instructions using this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Begin by creating your IRCC secure account and follow the step by step guide on the site. Once initiated, the system will generate a list of the documents they need from you based on your responses to the personal questions asked (document checklist). You can always go back to your saved application (up to 60 days) while you gather these documents ready for upload up until final submission. The actual work lies in gathering your personal documents.
Once I had all my documents saved on my PC, the application was completed in just a couple of minutes!

bishopkinkin:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bishopkinkin: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
Thank you very much
musspuss:
Sorry to interject, but Canada TRV application happens to be the easiest and most straight forward of all visa applications I've seen..comparing visit visas for US, UK, UAE, Shenghen, South Africa, you can't go wrong IF you read and follow the instructions using this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Begin by creating your IRCC secure account and follow the step by step guide on the site. Once initiated, the system will generate a list of the documents they need from you based on your responses to the personal questions asked (document checklist). You can always go back to your saved application (up to 60 days) while you gather these documents ready for upload up until final submission. The actual work lies in gathering your personal documents.
Once I had all my documents saved on my PC, the application was completed in just a couple of minutes!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hello,
I applied for my mum's visit visa on Sep 30 & my dad on Oct 1(i didn't combine the applications because I felt my dad being retired had a weaker profile and I need my mum as I just had a baby).
I had previously applied for them back in March, but reapplied after IRCC more or less suggested I do so (sent them a dm on twitter which the responded to).
Anyways, last week my mum received BVL, and her eligibility review was also initiated but I am yet to hear anything else from them and it's almost been 30 business days (their timeline for new applications). This morning, my dad received PPR along with his BVL and a part of me is worried that the visa officer forgot to attach my mum's PPR (you never know with these people smiley).
I want to send a case enquiry but I do not know which office is processing her application. What do you advise I choose; Accra or Lagos. Also, should I just call them as I am the representative for her application?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hi Eddy,
Can you please tell me how much the package transmission fee is, can't seem to see it online. My dad plans to go there in person to submit his passport.

Eddy4400:
Chatted with vfs rep and got a response, yes It's okay to submit their docs in 1 package since they applied together

Hello house,

I understand there's a Package transmission fee that must be paid per applicant before sending Passports to VFS Lagos or Abuja. I intend to include the proof of payment with passport and other documents.

My question....since I applied for my mum & dad together, is it okay to send their Passport/docs in one DHL brown envelope and pay for one 2way return courier OR I must separate their docs and pay for 2 separate brown envelopes. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
From my little knowledge I know people often times just send to the usual likely offices, you can send to Nairobi,copy lagos, London. If it's not them handling it they will usually say so especially London.

Please where did u see they now handle applications in 30days? Are your parents vaccinated? I need to apply for my mum asap but waiting for her passport.

Thanks

purplerain:
Hello,
I applied for my mum's visit visa on Sep 30 & my dad on Oct 1(i didn't combine the applications because I felt my dad being retired had a weaker profile and I need my mum as I just had a baby).
I had previously applied for them back in March, but reapplied after IRCC more or less suggested I do so (sent them a dm on twitter which the responded to).
Anyways, last week my mum received BVL, and her eligibility review was also initiated but I am yet to hear anything else from them and it's almost been 30 business days (their timeline for new applications). This morning, my dad received PPR along with his BVL and a part of me is worried that the visa officer forgot to attach my mum's PPR (you never know with these people smiley).
I want to send a case enquiry but I do not know which office is processing her application. What do you advise I choose; Accra or Lagos. Also, should I just call them as I am the representative for her application?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
Good day all,

I applied for a visitor visalast year then this year study visa.Got my study visa. I still want my Visitor visa ands it's overa year already. IRCC sent an email when it was a year they are still working on it. Eligibility also changed to reviewing weeks back. I sent an email that I already av a study visa and they should decide on my VVisa. Do I need to reapply? or keep waiting.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 6:27am On Nov 04, 2021
When you apply through the new IRCC portal they state that they will finalize applications within 14-30 business days. Both of them are fully vaccinated. I included their vaccine cards along with the application.

mercy445:
From my little knowledge I know people often times just send to the usual likely offices, you can send to Nairobi,copy lagos, London. If it's not them handling it they will usually say so especially London.

Please where did u see they now handle applications in 30days? Are your parents vaccinated? I need to apply for my mum asap but waiting for her passport.

Thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by spongebobsquare: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2021
Motheexplorer:
UPDATE:
Ive finally gotten my email to transmit my passport to the VFS. However I must state that I reapplied after the September 7th update. So new timeline:

Fresh application: September 8th, 2021
Response: September 24th, 2021
Timeline: 13 working days.
Might actually be helpful to resubmit your application based on their update. For ease these are the documents I submitted with online my application(I submitted the additional documents via the webform):
1. Application for authorization & statutory declaration for extended family members
2. Biodata page and drivers license of my brother
3. Letter of invitation from my brother
4. Proof of relationship between my brother end I (birth certificates in this case)
5. Proof of change of name (I’m married so I needed to have documents bearing my maiden name)
6. Detailed quarantine plan
7. Biodata page and birth certificate of my daughter, she’s Canadian.

Good morning babe, Please I sent you an email. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2021
purplerain:
When you apply through the new IRCC portal they state that they will finalize applications within 14-30 business days. Both of them are fully vaccinated. I included their vaccine cards along with the application.
This will be nice o, I have a pending application although I only recently applied and I hope it actually takes 30 working days, I didn’t even get to see this 30 working days part, I only checked the estimated timing and it said 150 days for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Update;
My mum's PPR came this morning grin (suspect I was right, cause I filled webform yesterday, could also be a coincidence).

purplerain:
Hello,

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2021
purplerain:
Update;
My mum's PPR came this morning grin (suspect I was right, cause I sent webform yesterday, could also be a coincidence).

I’ve been laughing at you since yesterday because daddy that you separated got first grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emelueobi(f): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2021

[/quote]Can you please send link to IRCC new portal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
Asin en. My dad has been yabbing me since yesterday that he will be the one to come and do the omugwo grin

Debbieeeeeee:

I’ve been laughing at you since yesterday because daddy that you separated got first grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
Here you go;

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

emelueobi:

Can you please send link to IRCC new portal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Okay thanks, I think them being vaccinated helps. My mum is not. Could you share the link to the portal, wonder if its different from the one we usually log in from?
purplerain:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
purplerain:
Asin en. My dad has been yabbing me since yesterday that he will be the one to come and do the omugwo grin
Lol, thankfully they’ll move together now. Please what’s the step for dropping passports off after passport request so I can get myself ready for ppr ?
Is there a different method now that everything has changed ?
Someone told me to take passport to ups/DHL after ppr and include a return label in the package and send to vfs Lagos . Is this still a valid move
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nitrogen(m): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Lol, thankfully they’ll move together now. Please what’s the step for dropping passports off after passport request so I can get myself ready for ppr ?
Is there a different method now that everything has changed ?
Someone told me to take passport to ups/DHL after ppr and include a return label in the package and send to vfs Lagos . Is this still a valid move

Hi, congrats. Did you use the new IRCC portal? If yes, did you have to put covid-19 as purpose of visit anywhere in your application? My understanding is that one can choose 'other' and write COVID-19 in IMM 5257e, however, it looks like the new portal does not require form 5257e.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
nitrogen:

Hi, congrats. Did you use the new IRCC portal? If yes, did you have to put covid-19 as purpose of visit anywhere in your application? My understanding is that one can choose 'other' and write COVID-19 in IMM 5257e, however, it looks like the new portal does not require form 5257e.

Thanks.
Hi , no I’ve not gotten PPR yet and yes I applied via the new portal , neither do I have direct family in Canada so I don’t qualify for any fast track except for Canplus due to my USA visa, the form was pretty short and straightforward and too good to be true because I wasn’t asked navy questions I see on here. I applied as a regular tourist on the 21st October and had biometrics done on the 25th.
Although I send additional docs via web form a few days post submission because I’ve never filled an application that straight forward before grin , I also added my covid vaccination card to the docs I sent via webform.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nitrogen(m): 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Hi , no I’ve not gotten PPR yet and yes I applied via the new portal , neither do I have direct family in Canada so I don’t qualify for any fast track except for Canplus due to my USA visa, the form was pretty short and straightforward and too good to be true because I wasn’t asked navy questions I see on here. I applied as a regular tourist on the 21st October and had biometrics done on the 25th.
Although I send additional docs via web form a few days post submission because I’ve never filled an application that straight forward before grin , I also added my covid vaccination card to the docs I sent via webform.

I see. Good luck jare. I agree that the application looks relatively straightforward.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nitrogen(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
purplerain:

@purplerain, did you use the new IRCC portal? If yes, did you have to put covid-19 as purpose of visit anywhere in your application? My understanding is that one can choose 'other' and write COVID-19 in IMM 5257e, however, it looks like the new portal does not require form 5257e.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
nitrogen:

I see. Good luck jare. I agree that the application looks relatively straightforward.
The most straightforward visa application I’ve ever filled. I was asked a copy a copy of my biodata and copy is us visa and that was it. The Nigerian in me went to submit extra docs via webform because the thing was too straightforward
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hello , please I would like to ask a few questions
1. I don’t have any blood relative in Canada but my best friend is a pr holder .. she wants to invite me for the Christmas holiday .
Can I applied through the new portal ?
I have a valid us visa .. this is my 5th us visa and I have good travel history as well .

What documents did you submit ?

How did you prove your home ties ?

I want my bestie to notarize the invitation letter by a notary public in her province

I have an express entry profile , how that will not affect my tourist visa application?

I intend to spend 5days in Ontario before heading to newyork

I am married but not will be applying alone .

Debbieeeeeee:

Hi , no I’ve not gotten PPR yet and yes I applied via the new portal , neither do I have direct in Canada so I don’t qualify for any fast track except for Canplus due to my USA visa, the form was pretty short and straightforward and too good to be true because I wasn’t asked navy questions I see on here. I applied as a regular tourist on the 21st October and had biometrics done on the 25th.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
Talksub:
Hello , please I would like to ask a few questions
1. I don’t have any blood relative in Canada but my best friend is a pr holder .. she wants to invite me for the Christmas holiday .
Can I applied through the new portal ?
I have a valid us visa .. this is my 5th us visa and I have good travel history as well .

What documents did you submit ?

How did you prove your home ties ?

I want my bestie to notarize the invitation letter by a notary public in her province

I have an express entry profile , how that will not affect my tourist visa application?

I intend to spend 5days in Ontario before heading to newyork

I am married but not will be applying alone .

When you begin filling the form and depending on the options you choose the form will streamline itself , in my case I’m a tourist without invitation from anyone.
I submitted international passport biodata
gave details of my past usa visas I have access to and are within past ten years —- required documentation

I have an EE profile too.
Later I submitted banks statement and some docs relating to my purpose of travel that I stated, covid vaccine card. (Via webform) these docs weren’t required or listed , I just felt I should submit them later via webform.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
Thanks for all the information , so for the can+ how can I use it to apply .

How straightforward is the new portal application for tourist ?

Have your visa been approved?

What documents can you recommended I submit to make my strong ..

I intend to visit Canada for 4 days and I also vaccinated.

Please what else can you guide me, on the general process

Debbieeeeeee:

When you begin filling the form and depending on the options you choose the form will streamline itself , in my case I’m a tourist without invitation from anyone.
gave details of my past usa visas I have access to and are within past ten years —- required documentation

Later I submitted banks statement and some docs relating to my purpose of travel that I stated, covid vaccine card. (Via webform) these docs weren’t required or listed , I just felt I should submit them later via webform.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
Talksub:
Thanks for all the information , so for the can+ how can I use it to apply .

How straightforward is the new portal application for tourist ?

Have your visa been approved?

What documents can you recommended I submit to make my strong ..

I intend to visit Canada for 4 days and I also vaccinated.

Please what else can you guide me, on the general process

How do I get the can+ .. is it an app?

So please in the can+ for tourist visa application what information is required to be fill
E.g personal details .

Does it require bank statement ?

How long does the application take ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GraciousWords: 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Hi Debs did you use this link or you just started a visitors application from your GC key.

The link is asking for an invite code and applying from the GC key doesn't give the option to declare Canada and US visas recently obtained. I'm gunning for CAN + grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
Which is the can+

What’s the link ..

GraciousWords:

Hi Debs did you use this link or you just started a visitors application from your GC key.

The link is asking for an invite code and applying from the GC key doesn't give the option to declare Canada and US visas recently obtained. I'm gunning for CAN + grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad, wencius4u, olaoluwa83, Readymove and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.