Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321558 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldfinder: 9:34am On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:
I am a PR, and we submitted a visitor visa application for my wife on June 30th. When we received an update that all those who applied before Sept 7th should reapply, we also reapplied for her on Sept 9th
Yesterday Nov 9th she got a passport request.

PS: both applications were through the old portal but it is the most recent one they approved exactly 2 months after we submitted it.

The process for passport submission is not clear in the PPR pdf and on VFS global's website. Anyone here who just submitted their passport and is kind enough to explain how they did it?

Thank you in anticipation.

I'm also anxiously waiting for this clarification.
We are in the same shoes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deeteeneey(f): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:
I am a PR, and we submitted a visitor visa application for my wife on June 30th. When we received an update that all those who applied before Sept 7th should reapply, we also reapplied for her on Sept 9th

PS: both applications were through the old portal but it is the most recent one they approved exactly 2 months after we submitted it.

The process for passport submission is not clear in the PPR pdf and on VFS global's website. Anyone here who just submitted their passport and is kind enough to explain how they did it?

Can you please help with list of documents you submitted to support your application.

Also have you filed a spousal sponsorship application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:

A quick "passport transmission canada" search on nairaland would've answered your question....

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/consent-form.pdf

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

I enveloped all the documents below and sent to

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent form.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N8920 (update: no longer 8920, confirm online. you pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

I sent via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
goldfinder:

Hi Eddy / Purplelain,
Please I just received my Passport request letter this morning with respect to my Canada Visitors visa application.
I'm planning to visit the Visa Application letter tomorrow to submit my passport.
Are you saying in-person submission is not allowed and what are the requirements to go with?

Thank you.

Purplerain already replied on the last page that in-person submission isn't allowed. Pls see my response to Adeluv on documents to submit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fairlytreated: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:

Did you get any update on your application before you got PPR notification?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeluv92: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
goldfinder:

Thank you.
I submitted on September 9 and it was on the old portal.

How did you eventually go about the submission of your passport? Did you submit it in person? Or did you submit it through a courier service? If yes, what are the other documents you submitted together with your passport?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:

How did you eventually go about the submission of your passport? Did you submit it in person? Or did you submit it through a courier service? If yes, what are the other documents you submitted together with your passport?

Thanks in anticipation.
Did you read what Eddy4400 wrote ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ashiwajew: 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:

Congratulations sir. I sent you a PM
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Thanks for the information.

This thing is very confusing. I mistakenly submitted via old portal beginning of October. After learning about new portal, I submitted a third application October ending.

goldfinder:

Thank you.
I submitted on September 9 and it was on the old portal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeluv92: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
ashiwajew:

Congratulations sir. I sent you a PM

I replied you now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeluv92: 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
fairlytreated:

Did you get any update on your application before you got PPR notification?

Didn't get any notification, just straight to PPR
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeluv92: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Did you read what Eddy4400 wrote ?

Thank you, I just saw it now. This is quite clear. Will act appropriately.

It's just unfortunate that we have to come to nairaland before we can get an information as important as this. The VFS global website is crap!

Big salute to all the nairalanders sharing and helping others with information out here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeluv92: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:

For those asking about the documents I submitted before an approval for a visitor visa to Canada application.

1. Marriage certificate
2. Her employment letter here in Nigeria (something to show that she'll still return to Nigeria, because technically she is expected to return to Nigeria since she is applying for visitors visa)
3. My Canadian bank account statement and her Nigerian bank account statement (I already made some transfers to the account about 2 million naira).
4. My employment letter and paystubs (since I am employed in Canada).
5. I also added some wedding pictures since we just got married recently, although I later learnt that's not necessary.
6. International passport
7. A scanned copy of My PR card
8. Travel purpose/letter of explanation (you can find samples of this with a simple google search.

For those who have submitted and are eligible, I think just a little more patience, I know a couple of persons who have gotten responses from the same period when I submitted the second application (September 9th).

PS: I also submitted a second authorization webform exactly a week before we got a PPR request.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeluv92: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Eddy4400:

A quick "passport transmission canada" search on nairaland would've answered your question....

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/consent-form.pdf

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

I enveloped all the documents below and sent to

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent form.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N8920 or so( you pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

I sent via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

Thanks for your detailed response.

I heard Abuja is faster than Lagos? Any truth to that? Because she did her biometrics in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:

Thank you, I just saw it now. This is quite clear. Will act appropriately.

It's just unfortunate that we have to come to nairaland before we can get an information as important as this. The VFS global website is crap!

Big salute to all the nairalanders sharing and helping others with information out here.
I second this comment , no wonder Uk moved to teleperformance. I remember the Uk submission days at Oregun, rude staffs , everything just terrible.
The day I went for my biometrics last month you needed to see how the lady staff on till 10 spoke to the guy just because his number was called twice, she was saying things like you think we are here to play , you’re wasting our time. A staff o to a customer coming to submit.
Vfs needs to do better if not other countries will withdraw their services gradually.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
adeluv92:

Thanks for your detailed response.

I heard Abuja is faster than Lagos? Any truth to that? Because she did her biometrics in Lagos.
A friend and her partner who applied for work permit got their passports back within 6 days, they sent to Abuja but had biometrics done in Lagos, when I get ppr it’s definitely Abuja way for me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldfinder: 12:25am On Nov 11, 2021
Eddy4400:

Purplerain already replied on the last page that in-person submission isn't allowed. Pls see my response to Adeluv on documents to submit

Thanks a lot.
I was able to submit my passport and other requirements at the UPS Courier Service centre close to Manor building today.
Though the transmission processing fee paid to VFS (Canada Logistics Collection account) through the Sterling Bank account is now N9410.
I also registered and paid UPS for the two-way courier service for my passport to be delivered to my residence and I got the tracking numbers.
Learnt it takes average of 10 to 14 days for the passport readiness for return.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeluv92: 12:34am On Nov 11, 2021
goldfinder:

Thanks a lot.
I was able to submit my passport and other requirements at the UPS Courier Service centre close to Manor building today.
Though the transmission processing fee paid to VFS (Canada Logistics Collection account) through the Sterling Bank account is now N9410.
I also registered and paid UPS for the two-way courier service for my passport to be delivered to my residence and I got the tracking numbers.
Learnt it takes average of 10 to 14 days for the passport readiness for return.

Thanks for the update as well, especially on the fees.

So I'm guessing you did your biometrics in Lagos but you sent your passport to Abuja, and that's why you had to pay the transmission fees.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mokikeoj: 2:00am On Nov 11, 2021
Hi, please how do I know if my passport has been received by Visa application office. DHL tracking says it has been delivered but I thought I would receive an email or text message from VFS.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by njidekachi: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2021
can someone explain to me the different between below two link for someone that is applying for visiting visa

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/ (Sign in to the IRCC portal)
and
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html (Sign in with your GCKey user ID and password)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by courageonyekwel(m): 11:26am On Nov 11, 2021
Hey guys, please how can one turn a visitor visa to permanent residence?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oceanfield: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
. smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldfinder: 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
adeluv92:

Thanks for the update as well, especially on the fees.

So I'm guessing you did your biometrics in Lagos but you sent your passport to Abuja, and that's why you had to pay the transmission fees.

I did my biometrics since 2019, that's the reason for the transmission fees. Passport was submitted to the Lagos VAC same day since the UPS office is just two buildings away from the VAC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
courageonyekwel:
Hey guys, please how can one turn a visitor visa to permanent residence?

Take advantage of the fact you are already in Canada to secure employment offer in any of the communities partaking in Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot. It is easier if you are here than pursuing from Nigeria. Then return home to finish up the Permanent Residence process. Good Luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot.html#:~:text=Work%20permit%20%28optional%29%20The%20Rural%20and%20Northern%20Immigration,and%20live%20in%20one%20of%20the%20participating%20communities.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oceanfield: 2:22am On Nov 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I second this comment , no wonder Uk moved to teleperformance. I remember the Uk submission days at Oregun, rude staffs , everything just terrible.
The day I went for my biometrics last month you needed to see how the lady staff on till 10 spoke to the guy just because his number was called twice, she was saying things like you think we are here to play , you’re wasting our time. A staff o to a customer coming to submit.
Vfs needs to do better if not other countries will withdraw their services gradually.

Please am having difficulty booking for appointment with VFS online for biometrics, the login page keep saying" Failed to get visiting country and residing country details"

Booked. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
1. Using the new portal is there a place holder to submit documents?

If yes , what document would I be required to submit on the new portal ?

Is there a place to upload all my used and valid visa of us and other countries

2. For does that had a valid us visa and is traveling via the us and used the new portal what document did you upload ?

3. I have filled all the required information on what history for the past 10 years but I still get an error message

Error:
Give details of all your employment and activities for the past 10 years.- You're missing details for the past 10 years. Review your entries and make sure you included something for all times periods in the past 10 years. Do not include any entries that you already put for post-secondary education or military/police force (if that was your only occupation at that time).
If you were unemployed, incarcerated, or retired in the last 10 years, select that option from the menu and tell us for how long.
If you were a student at a secondary school, select unemployed.
You can't save or continue to the next questions until you include these details.

Please how to I fix the error .

4. How do I add a cover letter to my trv application on the new portal.
In 2018 I was refused a TRV and I raised a gcms note and they visa office said I didn’t give not give full details of my itinerary and places I wanted to visit.

So using this new portal I will like to address the consular consigns from my 2018 refusal , by providing a well detailed daily itinerary. How can I do it on this new portal ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Plattin: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please folks. I need your help. I applied for Canadian visitor visa in January before COVID but nothing has happened still then. Please, what is the way forward? Has the application been rendered invalid? What can I do? Who can I write to about the long silence? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rocketninja: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Plattin:
Please folks. I need your help. I applied for Canadian visitor visa in January before COVID but nothing has happened still then. Please, what is the way forward? Has the application been rendered invalid? What can I do? Who can I write to about the long silence? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried reapplying on the new portal? You're supposed to apply again if you applied before 7th of September. Try to apply again, hopefully it'll be faster this time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Plattin: 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Rocketninja:

Have you tried reapplying on the new portal? You're supposed to apply again if you applied before 7th of September. Try to apply again, hopefully it'll be faster this time.
Thank you. I will look the portal up and reapply. However, I guess the application fee for the previous application is gone, right?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rocketninja: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
Poof! grin

[quote author=Plattin post=107579141] Thank you. I will look the portal up and reapply. However, I guess the application fee for the previous application is gone, right?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Globalk: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

A friend and her partner who applied for work permit got their passports back within 6 days, they sent to Abuja but had biometrics done in Lagos, when I get ppr it’s definitely Abuja way for me.
pls do you know the procedure for the Canada work permit, kindly share, thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UrsyBC: 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hi Fam,
Please, how do I request a letter of authorization for my child's visa application? I'm in Canada but he is in Nigeria and I'd like him to join me. He's 4.

Any idea? Please, help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: DabDab(f), trollx, Ojoboak(m), Bohye84, lanresz(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.