Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2331242 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (1105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aysticksz: 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please how long did it take for you to get approved after biometric?
Kenkamal:
Hi guys for someone whose application has been approved and is waiting for the letter of request for the passport for visa, pls how long does it take for the letter to come out.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamblessed007: 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
I am also in your shoe. I want to know what it covers and if this will cover medical emergencies here in canada for my mum who is coming next month.

Sunkeke:
Hello house ,

Please I need your advise regarding purchasing travel insurance for my parents coming in from Nigeria.
Is it advisable to buy from Nigeria or from Canada.
I checked Axa mansard and i saw that it covers a lot of things . I am just wondering if their is any downside to not buying from inside Canada.
Thank you as you respond
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikez(m): 9:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Dear All,

Compliments of the season!!!

Please I need your support/guidance on applying for Canadian Work Permit via Ghanian VFS.

I have an offer letter from a Canadian company but faced with a challenge of having to wait for 61 weeks to allow for the processing of TWP in Nigeria.

The company is not willing to wait for that long and I thought of applying through Ghana but don't know if there are some residency requirements I must meet.

I tried creating a TWP account online to start the application process but I don't know what to do to ensure the TWP is being processed via VFS-Ghana.

Please I need our help and guidance on this.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Queencyco: 6:18am On Jan 25, 2022
Hi, you do not apply for work permit via VFS. You apply to IRRC and they will decide which visa office will process your application. The only business you have with VFS is biometrics and passport transmission

Anyway, Ghana visa office has a reputation for being slow. Don't even pray for Ghana. Nigeria doesn't have a visa office either. Just submit your application.

Meanwhile, I am a bit worried that this company may be trying to scam you. Be careful and try to verify this employment you got.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oreofegold: 9:27am On Jan 25, 2022
Good morning house ,

please has anyone gotten a response for an application pending since 2020 after filling a webform ?Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenkamal: 9:47am On Jan 25, 2022
aysticksz:
Please how long did it take for you to get approved after biometric?
2Month

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nwauwa(m): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Oreofegold:
Good morning house ,

please has anyone gotten a response for an application pending since 2020 after filling a webform ?Thank you
I did. March 2020
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
nwauwa:

I did. March 2020
please did u submit any other doc recently or webform
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaycherry: 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Please house....I'm applying for family reunification because my spouse is in Canada. Do I also need to include in my SOP that I will be having my baby there during the visit?

Please responses will be appreciated
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
What's the status of your husband?
Kaycherry:
Please house....I'm applying for family reunification because my spouse is in Canada. Do I also need to include in my SOP that I will be having my baby there during the visit?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hi Kaycherry,

I am not a visa officer but most of us just try to think like them . I think it depends on how you frame the SOP::. For example if you say “you are pregnant and lonely, and your husband is worrying about you in Canada, and you miss him and would like to be with him sothat you can bothe experience your pregnancy and the joy of having your first child together -lol� I am just playing with words. But I feel that makes more sense than to just say :: you will be having your baby in Canada during your visit: that will sound like you want to japa and go and give birth to Canada citizen baby. My opinion
Kaycherry:

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaycherry: 10:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
Thanks very much for your response...I also thought along those lines...I appreciate it..thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EffortlessGrace: 1:41am On Jan 26, 2022
Pls house, does the new portal require you to fill and sign IMM5257 Application form?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EyinjuGod(f): 2:10am On Jan 26, 2022
EffortlessGrace:
Pls house, does the new portal require you to fill and sign IMM5257 Application form?

No it doesn't
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 5:06am On Jan 26, 2022
Hi house,
My daughter just got her CPR and intends to join her dad in canada soon. He and his wife are inviting me to canada,they want me to help bring my daughter to canada and spend sometime with them to make transitioning easy (she is 7 years now and was about 10 months when he left for canada) for her and also to attend their wedding. They will be sponsoring the trip (flight, accommodation...). The application is being done online and the documents requested are not much. I am self employed with a registered business, what supporting documents can i submit? also is my cac certificate a strong tie back home? I have been refused a visiting visa once (sometime in 2015)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ttaiwoolajide: 10:17am On Jan 26, 2022
Hello everyone, please my question is how long it take ircc to make final decision on reapplied visa to Canada ( student visa )
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2022
EyinjuGod:

No it doesn't

Hello , did you get a code when you tried using the new portal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EyinjuGod(f): 11:32am On Jan 26, 2022
Nadnad:

Hello , did you get a code when you tried using the new portal?

Yes I did
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2022
EyinjuGod:

Yes I did

please what kind of code? i didnt get it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lady2007: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

My new application is 8 working days now. I think they’re keeping to time. My sister applied and total timeline was 23 working days thereabouts
I also reapplied with the new platform four days before Christmas, and the application is still in progress. I am really hopeful it comes out before the 30 working days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by etyno: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hello beautiful people
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EyinjuGod(f): 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
Awas:

please what kind of code? i didnt get it.

https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal/

First link to get code.

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Second link to register/apply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
EyinjuGod:

Yes I did

When was this, I have been trying it for over a week now . I am unable to get a code
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
EyinjuGod:

https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal/

First link to get code.

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Second link to register/apply

I just tried again, same technical error , it is even redirecting me to the old link
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2022
etyno:
Hello beautiful people, got a job in Canada under the AIPP with PR. Processing for Outland applicant takes years or forever shocked but processing work permit and PR together as an inland applicant takes 6months or less.
I am thinking I should apply for visitors visa and then apply for work permit/pr when I land in Canada as Canada is currently allowing people do this...
Waiting for years as an Outland applicant is tiring.
Is this a good move?
What can be the reason for applying for TRV?
Tourism? Job offer?
Pls help!

It doesn’t take 6 months or less. People have been waiting for 1 year +
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nibray: 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
@DeeWan Have you been able to get the letter? I'm also in need of the letter, kindly respond...
DeeWan:
I have been trying to get the Drivers licence authentication letter for over a month now but it seems so difficult to get as the FRSC officials I have been communicating with keep procrastinating day after day. I want to use this letter to process my Drivers Licence in Ontario, Canada and I am traveling this Friday. Can anyone help with someone reliable I can talk to in FRSC to process this document for me? Your assistance in this regard will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by talk2dekky(f): 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hello everyone, thanks for the info here. Quick question please, I applied online for the tourist visa two days ago. I still haven't gotten biometrics request or the letter needed to go for biometrics but it reads "Application is in progress and we are processing your background check". I thought Biometrics comes before background check? This is my first time applying to Canada so I am concerned I still don't have the biometrics request.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by etyno: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
For inland applicants?
I am yet to see anyone beyond 9months

maziude:

It doesn’t take 6 months or less. People have been waiting for 1 year +
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 1:51am On Jan 27, 2022
etyno:
For inland applicants?
I am yet to see anyone beyond 9months

First you said 6 months, now 9 months.

Cases are different and with COVID, getting approved under 6 months is not true in most cases. In fact there are backlogs, real backlogs.

Hence the reason, they allow most inland applicants to apply for work permit while they wait. That one sef na another story.

If you want proof, go here and see for yourself.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/atlantic-immigration-pilot-programme-aipp.478684/page-303

But, you can always try to apply for visit visa, and you gats show dem say if (God forbid) PR no work, you go go back house.

Anyways, good luck boss…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by etyno: 9:00am On Jan 27, 2022
Anyways, good luck boss…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 10:48am On Jan 27, 2022
rockachic:
Hi house,
My daughter just got her CPR and intends to join her dad in canada soon. He and his wife are inviting me to canada,they want me to help bring my daughter to canada and spend sometime with them to make transitioning easy (she is 7 years now and was about 10 months when he left for canada) for her and also to attend their wedding. They will be sponsoring the trip (flight, accommodation...). The application is being done online and the documents requested are not much. I am self employed with a registered business, what supporting documents can i submit? also is my cac certificate a strong tie back home? I have been refused a visiting visa once (sometime in 2015)
HELP!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DianneM: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
Hello Olori, can you please share the link to the new portal?

I'm looking to apply for a visiting visa to visit my spouse (PR holder) but I'm very skeptical that I'll get denied seeing that I'm to provide proof of return. Can you please advise?

Anyone with experience can advice also please. It'll be very much appreciated
Thank you

OloriOfMontreal:

If you meet any of the criteria on the new portal, you can reapply by submitting a new application. As far as I know, others who submitted on the new portal and didn't meet the criteria are still waiting for CIC's response. (Well, even those who met the criteria)
So processing time is likely same as applying on the old portal for anyone who doesn't meet the criteria. But I may be wrong.

Moreover, and wrt to the above link posted, CIC is working through a large number of backlog so this may likely impact the processing time on the new portal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (1105) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: monibay24, deejay102, omega2128(m), Derende(m), dataking, AlphaLady(f), affoncad and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.