Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2347183 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 1:05am On Mar 02, 2022
Don't waste time to send a we form to them. Fill another form with the updated background information at an attachment. Tell them that you just realised that you skipped it. Don't let them ask you before you notify them. And remember to keep the copy of the we form you send including the submission page. That will be your defense in case the VO wants to be funny
mfonox:
Hmmmm. Right now I’m just praying not to get banned after reading through the thread. When asked if I have been refused visa before. Although I answered yes and stated my Uk visa refusal in 2015. I forgot to also include my 2nd US visa refusal in 2019. It honestly skipped my mind. I applied for us visa and got it in 2017. Travelled for 3 weeks but when I reapplied in 2019 I was rejected.( that was when trump just stopped drop box) I was focused on answering that I had travel history and completely forgot about the 2nd time rejection. Hopefully the fact that I at least answered Yes to the question will save me

Only me they sent to go for biometrics since 6th of February and I’m just going 4th of March Only me put intended travel date as 28th Feb.

I tire jare…….. the silly mistakes don too plenty

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mfonox: 5:40am On Mar 02, 2022
Kurukuru:
Don't waste time to send a we form to them. Fill another form with the updated background information at an attachment. Tell them that you just realised that you skipped it. Don't let them ask you before you notify them. And remember to keep the copy of the we form you send including the submission page. That will be your defense in case the VO wants to be funny

Thank you. I’ll do that right away
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maabby: 5:45am On Mar 02, 2022
Hello @thejokist
Please how did you go about applying for your mom? Did you apply on her behalf or did she apply herself?
thejokist:
Hi everyone

Wanted to post the timeline for my mum’s visitors visa application

Application submitted - January 19 2022
Biometrics done and completed - January 25 2022
Passport request - February 21 2022

I am a PR and applied for my mum.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maabby: 5:49am On Mar 02, 2022
Hello @ikemummy
Can you please share how you contacted the MP. Thanks

ikemummy:
Sorry to hear about this. Did you apply using the new portal? How many weeks/months were you in Canada before you applied?

I will share my experience with you and hope it helps you. I had a similar experience. My spouse and infant daughter were refused the same day biometrics was done, we applied using GCKEY. As if IRCC refused the application upon submission and just waiting for the biometrics to be done before they post the rejection email. The reason for refusal was the same with yours except that ours dint include travel history.
Some persons said I got quick refusal because I applied within 5 weeks of landing in Canada, that I should have allowed more time.

I contacted the MP to find out more details from IRCC why my application was refused. One week after, I got a detailed response from them which I addressed in the next application. We reapplied since 9 November 2021. We reapplied using an RCIC consultant my supervisor recommended for me. I got a support letter from my supervisor as well. The consultant could not use the new portal because IRCC gives RCIC a different portal for their application. We are still waiting for a decision.

My advise is that you get a detailed feedback why it was refused and reaply.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maabby: 6:47am On Mar 02, 2022
Please did you accept to withdraw the previous application or how did you go about reapplying? Thanks
hereandnow65:
PPR for my parents!!!

First application submitted June 23, 2021
Resubmitted via the new portal Nov 03, 2021
PPR Dec 02, 2021

I have a quick question and I would appreciate any help I can get. Can their passports be transmitted using one big envelope or do we have to use two separate envelopes?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 7:02am On Mar 02, 2022
Kurukuru:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iwale: 7:59am On Mar 02, 2022
Good mornin my good people of this forum,pls i like to order for my gcms note.inorder to know the excert place my application is been handle and also to know the state it is presently any guru dat can handle dis for me will be highly appreciated he/she can contact me through my email iwale58@yahoo.com thanks.
Lezy:
I forgot to include one country together with other countries I put down for travel history. Please advice house if I should raise web form and inform VO about the one country I forgot to include or I should just leave it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gemini89: 8:34am On Mar 02, 2022
Hello All, please how long after original passport request is the passport returned?
Secondly, will one submit passport physically to VFs or by courier? Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:38am On Mar 02, 2022
Congratulations!!!

Additivesupplie:
O tun ti zeh o grin grin grin

Its PPR.....

App submitted Nov 5, 2021
Eligibility started Jan 22
PPR Feb 28

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 02, 2022
Additivesupplie:
O tun ti zeh o grin grin grin

Its PPR.....

App submitted Nov 5, 2021
Eligibility started Jan 22
PPR Feb 28
congrats pls is it for tourist purpose? And did u resubmit ur application??

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 9:31am On Mar 02, 2022
pufframmy:
wow congratulation can u help us with documents submitted

I don't actually submit any document for this particular application.
I have an expired Canada visit visa which automatically qualifies me for Can+ on the new portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2022
Walexstat:
congrats pls is it for tourist purpose? And did u resubmit ur application??

First Application was May 2021, no update from CIC up till now.

Submit another one via the new portal Nov 5 2021.

Yes tourist visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2022
Gemini89:
Hello All, please how long after original passport request is the passport returned?
Secondly, will one submit passport physically to VFs or by courier? Thank you

You can only submit your PP only by courier.

It take between one to two weeks after submission

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2022
Uju4real002:
Congratulations to u

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gemini89: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2022
Please how do I send it? I live in London.
Additivesupplie:

You can only submit your PP only by courier.

It take between one to two weeks after submission
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 10:13am On Mar 02, 2022
Congratulations. When is your travelling date?

Additivesupplie:

Yes tourist visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 02, 2022
Additivesupplie:

Yes tourist visa
pls can u help me with the list of documents u submitted I hv applied since dec 2020 no response till now and did u pay another visa fees
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 10:52am On Mar 02, 2022
wow so that how it works for canada renewal
Additivesupplie:

I don't actually submit any document for this particular application.
I have an expired Canada visit visa which automatically qualifies me for Can+ on the new portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lady2007: 11:02am On Mar 02, 2022
Annettevoke:
This morning i received BVL(Biometrics validation letter), nothing after that..
Applied through new portal: 25th January
BVL: 11th February

I thought PPR follows BVL immediately?

Pls have you gotten PPR just received BVL without PPR
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2022
Gemini89:
Please how do I send it? I live in London.

I have no idea how London Vfs works but here in Nigeria, no physical submission.
You just need to pay for two ways courier via Ups or DHL

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2022
Lezy:
Congratulations. When is your travelling date?

April 10
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2022
pufframmy:
wow so that how it works for canada renewal

Infact I just submitted with fate....
Normally even with Canadian visa, you will follow normal procedure like new application and submit all required documents.
But when I apply via the new portal, it automatically qualifies me for Can+, no documents required, not even bank statement.

I think I was giving because I have an expired study permit 2014 and expired visit visa 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2022
Lady2007:

Pls have you gotten PPR just received BVL without PPR

Just be positive....

Expect update from them in btw 24hrs
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lady2007: 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
Thank you.
Additivesupplie:

Just be positive....

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ok
Additivesupplie:

April 10
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2022
ooh ok
Additivesupplie:

Normally even with Canadian visa, you will follow normal procedure like new application and submit all required documents.
But when I apply via the new portal, it automatically qualifies me for Can+, no documents required, not even bank statement.

I think I was giving because I have an expired study permit 2014 and expired visit visa 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oniqer: 6:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good day all, please when submitting passports for visitor visa do you need to pay for transmission fees if you are submitting to the same vfs you did your biometrics.

My parents got a call that their passports was returned to dhl because they didn't pay for transmission fees even though they were submitting to vfs Abuja they did biometrics.
Please help.

Additivesupplie:

Just be positive....

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oniqer: 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
Congratulations!!! Please did you pay transmission fees when submitting your passport? Was it to the same vfs you did biometrics you submitted at?

YinksXO:
PPR Alert - Visit visa, family of 3

Submission: 11th Jan
Biometrics: 17th Jan
PPR: 9th Feb
Purpose: to visit daughter who is studying in Ca.

New portal used
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PreciousBo: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
Additivesupplie:

Hello, please what does Can+ mean ? I also recently applied for my brother that has 2 expired Canada tourist visas. But I applied on the new IRCC portal using the visitor visa application route. It didn’t bring up anything about Can+
Can you please tell me what Can+ mean and how to access that, because nothing has moved on his application and I applied for him since January 26th. Thank you.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Holuwatopraise(f): 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good evening house please can someone use a visiting visa to work
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Holuwatopraise(f): 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good evening house...as a temporary permanent resident in Canada, can you work.....i.e coming in with visiting visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by May79: 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hi pls my son is also schooling in Canada and I put in for renewal of my visiting visa 19 Nov and still date no eligibility.how did you do yours pls.

YinksXO:
PPR Alert - Visit visa, family of 3

Submission: 11th Jan
Biometrics: 17th Jan
PPR: 9th Feb
Purpose: to visit daughter who is studying in Ca.

New portal used

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: chuksnnaemeka and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.