Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2357073 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 11:33am On Apr 03, 2022
Congratulations
What month?
What Visa? Sowp or vv?
weezy92:
Submitted 9th
Biometric was 17
And passport request 03 April
Applied from Germany Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2022
Congratulations

weezy92:
Submitted 9th
Biometric was 17
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thanks for the response

ami213:
Ask on the international student forum

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Stevwonders: 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
weezy92:
Submitted 9th
Biometric was 17

Congratulations!!
I also applied from Germany
Application Submitted via new portal -18.03.22
Biometrics - 01.04.22
Patiently waiting... smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by weezy92: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
jogojogo:
Congratulations
What month?
What Visa? Sowp or vv?

Visitors visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by karlxavier(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Goodday all, as a young person, how can one effectively apply for visitor's visa to Canada?

What proof of funds do I need?
Any invitation?

Please reply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
congrat wha best way to get germant PR
Stevwonders:

Congratulations!!
I also applied from Germany
Application Submitted via new portal -18.03.22
Biometrics - 01.04.22
Patiently waiting... smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hi everyone.

Please is canada giving tourist visa to people without family in canada?
Can I apply without invitation letter?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 04, 2022
DCloveth45:
Hi everyone.

Please is canada giving tourist visa to people without family in canada?
Can I apply without invitation letter?

You need a purpose for your trip to Canada for it to be considered genuine.

Either a notarized letter of invitation or attendance at conference paid for in advance.

The invitation letter does not have to come from a family member. A friend would suffice.

Travel history is important. You have to show you have gone out of the country and have returned back in the past. This is because a lot of our country men do not return after landing in Canada.

I will advise that you travel by road to Ghana and have your passport stamped all the way.

Also, a trip to Dubai will also go a long way in establishing a robust travel history.

Your finances should be in order as well. What do you do for a living in Nigeria. Do you have a good job which is backed up with evidence of annual taxes paid.

It will help your application if the HR of your company can provide a job letter on the company's letter head stating you will be proceeding on vacation with timelines matching your trip to Canada and expected resumption time.
If you have a property, you may want to obtain a notarized valuation to proof your financial capacity.

Best of luck guys!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kingegram2018: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2022
Hello house, I’m a silent follower of the trend, what happened is that I want to travel to Canada on visitor visa, I have a friend who’s there and he’s now a citizen, has a trucking company over there and has gotten his Canadian passport, I’m just about to get married this coming June 18 as you can well wish me well on that, I don’t really have a good paying job like that, I own a little salon which is not registered, now me and my friend has talked things I told him I want to come to Canada, all for better life, how can I go about this, what’re the document I’ll be needing and cos he wanted me to make a research on it so he can get it started and maybe if luck find me, I’ll be able to travel after the wedding, and right now I don’t have a marriage certificate to back this up and how can I sure confuse them that I’ll come back,,,, matter of fact I’m going over there to look for a greener pasture and I’m not really sure I’ll be coming back to Nigeria anytime soon,... I have no idea at all, what can I do please... and for the statement of account, can I both statement of account, (mine and his own) ? And do I need to make sure I get the marriage certificate to back the processing up ?... please someone should help me, or should I endure till my wife gave birth and do a family visa or relocating... please help me and may God bless you as you do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 9:24am On Apr 04, 2022
OloriOfMontreal:

Update on this:

We are still yet to receive the PPR letter for my spouse. The MPs office has been following up with IRCC and we are being told it was mailed to the physical address in Nigeria. Really weird. I thought correspondence is usually done via the applicant's account. As explained by the MP, apparently reconsideration requests/approvals are handled differently. We have requested that it be sent to our email address.
Fingers crossed and hope we receive it soon.

Here's the timeline in the meantime;

First application: November 10th
Refusal: December 3rd

Second application: December 6th
Refusal without refusal letter: February 15th
Reconsideration (Approval without PPR): March 24th

oh wow this is great news
big congratulations to you.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Davidganna10: 9:33am On Apr 04, 2022
Can a student in Canada invite his/her parent for two weeks Summer Holiday, if yes, what are the documents required?.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 04, 2022
I do not have family or friend in Canada. So I think I will go through conference.
I have Dubai travel history and a well paying job.

Is there a link where I can pick a conference to attend?

Thank you for your response.

Skyview01:

You need a purpose for your trip to Canada for it to be considered genuine.

Either a notarized letter of invitation or attendance at conference paid for in advance.

The invitation letter does not have to come from a family member. A friend would suffice.

Travel history is important. You have to show you have gone out of the country and have returned back in the past. This is because a lot of our country men do not return after landing in Canada.

I will advise that you travel by road to Ghana and have your passport stamped all the way.

Also, a trip to Dubai will also go a long way in establishing a robust travel history.

Your finances should be in order as well. What do you do for a living in Nigeria. Do you have a good job which is backed up with evidence of annual taxes paid.

It will help your application if the HR of your company can provide a job letter on the company's letter head stating you will be proceeding on vacation with timelines matching your trip to Canada and expected resumption time.
If you have a property, you may want to obtain a notarized valuation to proof your financial capacity.

Best of luck guys!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ican2020: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2022
Urgent

On health insurance, am I to get insurance after visa approval or submit insurance along with other document seeking for visa approval
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Soft42k(m): 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
Good day house,

I want to ask a question, which is , is it possible I get a Canada tourist visa with an hotel reservation and a fully paid tour ? I just want to my chances . Thanks .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
jogojogo:
How do we contact our MP? Is it via mail, call or visit to the Office?
Anyone with experience on how best this could be done should kindly respond.

Email first, then call to follow up.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
ami213:
This is quite sad! If only the MP could inquire on your behalf, then we can know if the BVL and medical request was a glitch.

The lord will perfect everything concerning your application and your joy will be full.

Amen. Thank you really. Your own testimony is coming sooner than you expect smiley.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks so much
19CannyMum:

Email first, then call to follow up.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
Amen! Thanks for the kind words.

19CannyMum:

Amen. Thank you really. Your own testimony is coming sooner than you expect smiley.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BabygirlE: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2022
Visit visa approved!

I have been encouraged by people's stories and feedback on the thread and decided that I would share mine when the time was right.

I applied for a TRV together with my toddler on February 5, 2022 using the new portal. My biometric details was still valid since I did biometrics in 2018, so I just waited after submission for the outcome. I was honestly waiting for 3 months because I noticed from the thread that mostly people with immediate family (parents, spouses, children) received feedback early.

April 4, 2022, I received the BVL and PPR letter for my toddler and I.

I'm just really thankful to God because I was so unsure of what the outcome would be. I was refused twice in 2018 and 2019 when I applied for a TRV disclosing my intention to birth in Canada. I was refused about the same time twice at the US embassy when i applied for a B2 visa, and the 2 embassies have some form of access and share records. My guess is for the previous Canadian refusals, I didn't provide sufficient information to support my application whatever the purpose of visit was.

This time, I just applied for a TRV to visit my brother and his wife who are PRs. I also used an agent based in Canada. Now, I can't guarantee that this resulted in the success of the application, but it could have helped.

My takeaway: documentation is key. Include as much information to show that you have ties to Nigeria that you can't sever (including financial, family, work etc) and so you have to return. Oh and travel history helps too, although I think the former helps more, because when I was refused previously, I had a robust travel history which spanned countries in Europe, America, Asia, UAE and others in Africa.

Sorry for the long write up, I just thought it would encourage someone. Goodluck to everyone waiting for a response. It will end well.

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Harjeehbaday(m): 12:09am On Apr 05, 2022
congratulations.

I applied for my parents since Jan 5th 2022 and have not received any response, although it seems I used the old portal. I am considering re-applying for them using the new portal.

BabygirlE:
Visit visa approved!

I have been encouraged by people's stories and feedback on the thread and decided that I would share mine when the time was right.

I applied for a TRV together with my toddler on February 5, 2022 using the new portal. My biometric details was still valid since I did biometrics in 2018, so I just waited after submission for the outcome. I was honestly waiting for 3 months because I noticed from the thread that mostly people with immediate family (parents, spouses, children) received feedback early.

I'm just really thankful to God because I was so unsure of what the outcome would be. I was refused twice in 2018 and 2019 when I applied for a TRV disclosing my intention to birth in Canada. I was refused about the same time twice at the US embassy when i applied for a B2 visa, and the 2 embassies have some form of access and share records. My guess is for the previous Canadian refusals, I didn't provide sufficient information to support my application whatever the purpose of visit was.

This time, I just applied for a TRV to visit my brother and his wife who are PRs. I also used an agent based in Canada. Now, I can't guarantee that this resulted in the success of the application, but it could have helped.

My takeaway: documentation is key. Include as much information to show that you have ties to Nigeria that you can't sever (including financial, family, work etc) and so you have to return. Oh and travel history helps too, although I think the former helps more, because when I was refused previously, I had a robust travel history which spanned countries in Europe, America, Asia, UAE and others in Africa.

Sorry for the long write up, I just thought it would encourage someone. Goodluck to everyone waiting for a response. It will end well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 1:19am On Apr 05, 2022
Congratulations!!!

quote author=BabygirlE post=111655048]Visit visa approved!

Sorry for the long write up, I just thought it would encourage someone. Goodluck to everyone waiting for a response. It will end well. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:32am On Apr 05, 2022
adveert002:

oh wow this is great news
big congratulations to you.

Thank you so much!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:36am On Apr 05, 2022
OloriOfMontreal:

Update on this:

We are still yet to receive the PPR letter for my spouse. The MPs office has been following up with IRCC and we are being told it was mailed to the physical address in Nigeria. Really weird. I thought correspondence is usually done via the applicant's account. As explained by the MP, apparently reconsideration requests/approvals are handled differently. We have requested that it be sent to our email address.
Fingers crossed and hope we receive it soon.

Here's the timeline in the meantime;

First application: November 10th
Refusal: December 3rd

Second application: December 6th

OloriOfMontreal:

The Eagle has finally landed! PPR letter arrived yesterday morning.

Timeline:

Second application: December 6th 2021
PPR letter: April 4th

All the best to everyone waiting on IRCC for approval.
May God meet everyone at the point of their needs and may your expectations never be cut short!

10 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 2:56am On Apr 05, 2022
Wow! Congratulations. Did you apply for reconsideration or IRCC decided to reconsider it ?
OloriOfMontreal:

Timeline:

May God meet everyone at the point of their needs and may your expectations never be cut short!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bayswatch27: 3:13am On Apr 05, 2022
[quote author=maternal post=30068238]

So you want to go from naija to Canada just to write a one day exam ? After buying the plane ticket and hotel room for a 1 day exam then you'll return to naija and be a professional security officer ?[/quote.

You are f**king stu***d to address this guy this way. Tell me..are you some Immigration officer or what ?! You need to treat people with respect even when you have a good advice for them. And he was also here acting like you are some God and listening to your Crap! F Off man!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MadameW: 5:54am On Apr 05, 2022
Hello everyone, pls I need assistance with paying for my application, I’m using my USD card and it’s declining. Any pointers on how to go about this will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BabygirlE: 7:15am On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you. Most people that applied this year used the new portal because I understand its faster. I would say you give it a few more weeks and if you don't hear anything, you may reconsider applying using the new portal.

Harjeehbaday
post=111655189:

congratulations.

I applied for my parents since Jan 5th 2022 and have not received any response, although it seems I used the old portal. I am considering re-applying for them using the new portal.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BabygirlE: 7:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you.

jayifeanyi1234:
Congratulations!!!

quote author=BabygirlE post=111655048]Visit visa approved!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 7:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Congratulations, more blessings for you.

Is it VV and did you apply on GC Key or new portal?

OloriOfMontreal:

Timeline:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TradeSunMoore: 7:30am On Apr 05, 2022
Many thanks to members of this wonderful forum. My wife and 9 years daughter received PPR for visitors visa yesterday.

Submitted - 9th February 2022
Biometrics - 11th February 2022
Eligibility Review -28 March 2022
PPR Request for Wife and Daughter - 4 April 2022

Purpose to visit undergraduate daughter in school .

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: maziemeka2024, odehbrainard and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.