Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321840 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EffortlessGrace: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
PLEASE GUYS HOW DO I ADDRESS MY SOP TO? URGENT!!!

THE VISA OFFICER,
HIGH COMMISSION OF CANADA,
4, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

IS THIS OK?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
EffortlessGrace:
PLEASE GUYS HOW DO I ADDRESS MY SOP TO? URGENT!!!

THE VISA OFFICER,
HIGH COMMISSION OF CANADA,
4, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

IS THIS OK?

it is ok, i think you dont need to capitalise "The Visa Officer" and "High Commission of Canada". Keep it first letter uppercase and the remaining letters on lowercase.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EffortlessGrace: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2022
THANK YOU
olasubomy:

it is ok, i think you dont need to capitalise "The Visa Officer" and "High Commission of Canada". Keept it first letter uppercase and the remaining letters on lowercase.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LecturerIFE: 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Visitor visa approved for my mother.

Application submitted: January 23, 2022
Eligibility review: March 28
BVL and PRR: March 31

I am a PR so I applied using the new portal.

10 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Neot77(m): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, I need clarity on this . I've done my biometric Canada embassy for visiting, I want how many weeks will the visa be ready. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Congratulations!!!
E be like say this people just want to dey consider only our parents o
Are they scared of the younger applicant
LecturerIFE:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Harjeehbaday(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
LecturerIFE:

Congratulations. I am still waiting for update on my mother and mother-in-law's application.
We submitted on Jan 5 & 6, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wiseadebiye: 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Please i received a message asking that:

You made a payment of $100
$100 has been allocated to your application-processing fee
$85 for your biometric enrollment is outstanding.

However, I paid for Biometric Enrollment in July 2021 and Biometric Expiry date: July 2031.

I still have the receipt. Do I attach the receipt as evidence of payment or I need to make another payment and attach the new receipt.

I will appreciate your prompt response and guidance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
Congratulations. May this grace bring other PPRs out too in Jesus' name.

LecturerIFE:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Congratulations!!!

LecturerIFE:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bimsebony: 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
LecturerIFE:

Congratulations.

Same here, my mum's was approved yesterday.

Please people, where does she submit her passport? VFS lekki or DHL? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Uju4real002:
Wow congratulations

Update :
Passport sent to Abuja on the 23/03/2022
Passport recieved from DHL 30/03/2022
All the best everyone.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
The new passport will also contain ur old passport number in it, so u can still submit it

OloriOfMontreal:
Hi,

For visit visa;
Can one submit a different passport for stamping from what was used during application? Considering one has less than 9 months before the expiration of the current passport? I know one can do this for study permit but want to double check for visit.

Also, has anyone applied for a visa renewal (not extension) within Canada before?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:13am On Apr 01, 2022
Nadnad:

Update :
Passport sent to Abuja on the 23/03/2022
Passport recieved from DHL 30/03/2022
All the best everyone.

Whats the duration of your visa pls?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:16am On Apr 01, 2022
Uju4real002:

The new passport will also contain ur old passport number in it, so u can still submit it

Thanks for the response.
Although I thought every passport has a unique number. I'm told that regardless of if one is applying for a new passport or renewing an old one; each passport number will be different.

If you don't mind shedding more light on your response, will be great. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:21am On Apr 01, 2022
OloriOfMontreal:
Hi everyone,

Re: visit visa
We got an update on the new portal saying;
"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. We will send you a letter or email with details"
We are yet to get the email/letter for PPR and BVL.

Note that we didn't receive any email in our account about an update, we just decided to log in and checked yesterday and saw that update.

Now we don't know how long that status has been there because this same application was refused in February and they mentioned they'd send a refusal letter which never dropped, only for us to check yesterday and decision has changed to your application is approved.

We are thinking of raising a webform for this but wanted to know if anyone experienced this before and what to do? Thanks.

Update on this:

We are still yet to receive the PPR letter for my spouse. The MPs office has been following up with IRCC and we are being told it was mailed to the physical address in Nigeria. Really weird. I thought correspondence is usually done via the applicant's account. As explained by the MP, apparently reconsideration requests/approvals are handled differently. We have requested that it be sent to our email address.
Fingers crossed and hope we receive it soon.

Here's the timeline in the meantime;

First application: November 10th
Refusal: December 3rd

Second application: December 6th
Refusal without refusal letter: February 15th
Reconsideration (Approval without PPR): March 24th

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deeteeneey(f): 3:37am On Apr 01, 2022
OloriOfMontreal:

Update on this:

We are still yet to receive the PPR letter for my spouse. The MPs office has been following up with IRCC and we are being told it was mailed to the physical address in Nigeria. Really weird. I thought correspondence is usually done via the applicant's account. As explained by the MP, apparently reconsideration requests/approvals are handled differently. We have requested that it be sent to our email address.

thank you for the update.

Please can you explain more on the reconsideration part? How did you go about that?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 7:37am On Apr 01, 2022
oluayebenz:

Whats the duration of your visa pls?
Stated it earlier
First application Nov old portal
New application feb 9th
PPR March 10th

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2022
Congratulations! Your testimony will be full and it will end in praise by his Grace.

Could you please share more information about the “reconsideration process”?

OloriOfMontreal:

Update on this:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 11:29am On Apr 01, 2022
documents submitted pls
Nadnad:

Stated it earlier
New application feb 9th
PPR March 10th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
deeteeneey:
thank you for the update.

Please can you explain more on the reconsideration part? How did you go about that?

ami213:
Congratulations! Your testimony will be full and it will end in praise by his Grace.

Could you please share more information about the “reconsideration process”?

Amen, Thank you!

I was planning to share a detailed timeline once we've received our ppr letter so as not to give any false hope, but here you go and hope it helps.

First when our second application was refused, we only got to know from the MPs office when they called IRCC in February; it was said that our application was already refused since January and that the reason for refusal was because we submitted the same application as the first. This was what swung us into immediate action, as we knew there was obviously a mix up and we didn't want to bear the brunt for a mistake or an error on their end.

So even when the MP told us we can't request for a recourse/reconsideration for a visit visa, we decided to try our luck and still went ahead by sending web forms and emails to the processing centers. We explained why we believe an error has been made on our application, provided documents submitted for previous application and new application for comparison. All these while we were still waiting for the refusal letter to drop, which never did. Nairobi eventually sent it to me via email 2 weeks ago.

When the refusal letter dropped the reasons were now conflicting with the first application. (New refusal reasons). At this point we didn't send any more emails as we had sent the last one just few days before the refusal came in. It appears that someone eventually took a look at all our emails and files and decided to update the decision as even the MP office mentioned it was very rare and they can't explain what triggered the decision reversal to approved as technically we didn't officially file for a reconsideration. We thought it was a glitch at first but the MP confirmed with IRCC that it wasn't.

Let me also add that we submitted our Outland Spousal sponsorship application in March which we had sent a screenshot to the visa office. (This was part of the last email we sent). This may have also helped with the reconsideration.

Lesson here is these people are also human and they can make mistakes on files, if you're convinced that an error or mistake has been made on your file there's no harm in reaching out to them for rectification. Worse is they won't respond, cos they never responded to us actually but at least someone eventually looked at it. We thank God for the intervention and pray our ppr drops soon.

All the best to everyone waiting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LecturerIFE: 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Bimsebony:

Congratulations.

Same here, my mum's was approved yesterday.
Congratulations too.

Please people, where does she submit her passport? VFS lekki or DHL? Thanks

She will submit her passport through DHL.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LecturerIFE: 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
jogojogo:
Congratulations!!!
E be like say this people just want to dey consider only our parents o
Are they scared of the younger applicant

Lol. I'd think it is because older applicants (parents particularly) are considered less likely to abuse their visa conditions.

I am starting an application for my older sister... I hope it goes through. I will be back with the timeline.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LecturerIFE: 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
On the flip side, anyone knows someone who has been granted tourist visa without having an immediate (or extended) family member in Canada in recent times?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LecturerIFE: 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
Harjeehbaday:

Congratulations. I am still waiting for update on my mother and mother-in-law's application.
We submitted on Jan 5 & 6, 2022

I will suggest you send web forms (case specific enquiry) directly to Nairobi Visa Office. I sent a few after my mum's application crossed six weeks. I wouldn't say for sure that the enquiries helped, but they might have triggered IRCC to look at the application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadaboy3: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lezy:
Congratulations. May this grace bring other PPRs out too in Jesus' name.

To God be the glory ... I’m So thankful to almighty God ..

Testimony upon testimony

After getting my PPR ,
My course is for 7 months but
IRCC gave me 2 years visa ..

May God be praised ...

Don’t give up on God ... May Testimonies never seize in this forum...

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Waoh! The whole process must have been traumatizing. Thanks for the detailed explanation. So apparently you can’t request a reconsideration for a visitor visa.

Congratulations Olori! Your joy shall be permanent.

OloriOfMontreal:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
I recently renewed my passport, in my new passport the old passport number was also written under the new passport number.

OloriOfMontreal
post=111545463:

Thanks for the response.
Although I thought every passport has a unique number. I'm told that regardless of if one is applying for a new passport or renewing an old one; each passport number will be different.

If you don't mind shedding more light on your response, will be great. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
Wow!!!...congratulations.

My mega testimony is next on this page�

Canadaboy3:

To God be the glory ... I’m So thankful to almighty God ..

Testimony upon testimony

After getting my PPR ,
My course is for 7 months but
IRCC gave me 2 years visa ..

May God be praised ...

Don’t give up on God ... May Testimonies never seize in this forum...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chidx(f): 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nadnad:

Stated it earlier
New application feb 9th
PPR March 10th

Hi, please can you tell me how to differentiate between the new and old portals, I am trying to do a visa application for my parent. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
Good evening fam
Please can you help with the link to the new portal.... Will appreciate your help on this thanks alot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
ami213:
Waoh! The whole process must have been traumatizing. Thanks for the detailed explanation. So apparently you can’t request a reconsideration for a visitor visa.

Congratulations Olori! Your joy shall be permanent.

Indeed it was. You're welcome.

Amen! Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.