Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2329667 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by osarodon(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
ami213:
Since you’re a civil servant, you may include this;
Appointment letter
Assumption of duty letter
Confirmation letter
Promotion letter
Pay slips
ID card
Leave letter/letter of introduction from Employer
Marriage certificate (if you are married)
NIN
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate (if you are married)
Family images
Pension documents (optional)
Deed of agreement for landed properties.
Covid vaccination card
Children birth certificates (if you are a parent)
Police character certificate (you can do that at Alagbon if you reside in Lagos)

If you have a registered business, you may also include the CAC documents. All these and other documents that can proof you have strong home and family ties.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cannyonyi: 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Please I need your suggestion or advise. I applied for sowp for spouse and visit visa for kids in Feb 2021 and followed up with visit visa fir everyone on the new portal in October 2021. Apart from medical update for the VV application, we have not heard anything from IRCC. We are still on background check till date. I will be finishing school in April and study permit will be expiring December 2022. I want to know if it is advisable to withdraw the VV and apply again. Apart from the course that I graduated from (from a DLI school)I have also gotten a PSW certification on the side and applied for gcm notes. Please what do i do at this point?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ketima: 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hello house,

Who has flown or know someone who recently flew to Calgary via Ethiopian airline? Someone needs better understanding and how good their services are.

Or better still, best airline to Calgary from Lagos (cost should be put into consideration)

Thanks fams.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ArhyelBB: 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
I applied for TRV since 17th August, 2021 via GC key with no update as well. My wife is in her second year studying. No update.
Beceebillz:
Pls is Ircc responding to applications sunmitted via GC key at all? I submitted TRV application since Aug 2021 but no response till now. Application keeps showing "we are processing background checks ". Dunno if i should reapply or continue waiting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deeteeneey(f): 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
adelejane:

My Sibling are inviting I and my kids for summer holiday but we will be booking an Airbnb or hotel accommodation. please is this right ?or we have to stay with them? My sister stays with her partner while my brother stays in a small apartment . do family have to stay with relatives in Canada when invited to CANADA on Tourist visa or we can stay in the hotel?

question 2 ...Please how do i answer this session....How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)? please does this include flight ticket or just expenses within Canada eg feeding, accommodation, transport within Canada etc. ?

thanks so much in Advance

1.No, you do not have to stay with family even if they're inviting you.

2.Yes, that is correct. The amount you have should be the money you've set aside for this trip. It should cover accommodation, feeding, flight, transportation within Canada etc. If you can provide a breakdown, good. Support this by providing your bank statement to show you can afford the trip. Don't input all the amount you have in your bank statemen there
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enius0803: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Good day to you all,

I must confess this is amazing group.

I have issue that required urgent attention.

Am holding new Nigeria passport issued in Lagos, which contains both previous and current passport number.
So, a friend sent conference invitation letter to me which precious passport number is quoted instead of Current one , pls I need someone to advise me on what to do ,if I should continue the processing because there is no way I can request for another letter has the registration closed already.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Good day all,

Did any one experience this error message when application was submitted on the new portal?.

I recently appliced for my parents and after payment of application / biometric fee, i see this on the portal account page.

This has been on for more than 24 hours now.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ArhyelBB: 1:21am On Mar 28, 2022
Have you tried clearing the cache of the browser in use? fil
olasubomy:
Good day all,

Did any one experience this error message when application was submitted on the new portal?.

I recently appliced for my parents and after payment of application / biometric fee, i see this on the portal account page.

This has been on for more than 24 hours now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 4:51am On Mar 28, 2022
ArhyelBB:
Have you tried clearing the cache of the browser in use? fil

Hi ArhyeIBB,

Thanks alot

I just tried it on 3 different web browser and cleared cache on all but still gives me same output.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adesinm: 8:23am On Mar 28, 2022
olasubomy:

Hi ArhyeIBB,

Thanks alot

I just tried it on 3 different web browser and cleared cache on all but still gives me same output.

I was able to pay at 3am......no error
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 9:53am On Mar 28, 2022
I like to know if its acceptable for someone who has a pending SOWP and VV to apply for study permit.....or Express entry?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 11:41am On Mar 28, 2022
Adesinm:

I was able to pay at 3am......no error

Thanks, i have already paid for the application successfully. The error shows when i log into the portal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princetx(m): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good afternoon all.

Who can help me with the address where I will do my biometric registration in Abuja. Please.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princetx(m): 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good afternoon all.

Who can help me with the address where I will do my biometric registration in Abuja. Please.
Thank you.

This is a little urgent please.
I will do the capturing tomorrow morning.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
princetx:
Good afternoon all.

Thank you.

Thank you.
have you googled vfs abuja
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
princetx:
Good afternoon all.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Please see below

Visa Application Centre

Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District Abuja Nigeria

You would need to book for your biometrics on VFS web online. You should see the instructions for biometrics on the letter sent to you.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
I like to know if its acceptable for someone who has a pending SOWP and VV request to apply for study permit.....or Express entry?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princetx(m): 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2022
ednut1:
have you googled vfs abuja

No.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princetx(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
olasubomy:

Please see below

Visa Application Centre

Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District Abuja Nigeria

You would need to book for your biometrics on VFS web online. You should see the instructions for biometrics on the letter sent to you.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful. Thank you so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1oak: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hello all, please can anybody kindly advise.
I got my study permit approval after a long wait, but I’ve deferred my admission to January next year, I intend to visit Canada in July/August for a family function. Is it advisable to apply for a visit visa ? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
I think you can.

1oak:
Hello all, please can anybody kindly advise.
I got my study permit approval after a long wait, but I’ve deferred my admission to January next year, I intend to visit Canada in July/August for a family function. Is it advisable to apply for a visit visa ? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
Good afternoon People ,
Has anyone recieved their passport back from Abuja
In recent times , what is the average TAT.
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Parents Visitor Visa Approved. I first applied using the formal platform on 15th of Oct. it's still there doing ten-ten. I reapplied using the new portal on 13th of January, 2022.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
Congratulations!!!
FYsol:
Parents Visitor Visa Approved. I first applied using the formal platform on 15th of Oct. it's still there doing ten-ten. I reapplied using the new portal on 13th of October, 2022.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
Finally, we are celebrating PPR on this platform after some weeks hiatus. Congratulations to your Parents!

FYsol:
Parents Visitor Visa Approved. I first applied using the formal platform on 15th of Oct. it's still there doing ten-ten. I reapplied using the new portal on 13th of October, 2022.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2022
1-5 days

Nadnad:
Good afternoon People ,
Has anyone recieved their passport back from Abuja
In recent times , what is the average TAT.
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zimzee: 3:17am On Mar 30, 2022
Hi everyone, please pardon me if my question has been answered before, I have started reading from the beginning but I really need this answer ASAP.
I am currently in UK on a student visa with my 4 kids and husband. I have a sibling in Canada who is a PPR holder and she wants me to visit while I still have student status in uk, she believes having my family in the UK and my study can serve as tie to my application.
I already have a valid biometrics and UCI number as well because I applied for federal self employed since 2020 and it's still in process.
What documents do I need to present for this Visitor Visa application if I am to apply from UK and do you think her analogy will work?
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 5:06am On Mar 30, 2022
You definitely have strong ties. Just add evidence of finance and you are good to go.
Zimzee:
Hi everyone, please pardon me if my question has been answered before, I have started reading from the beginning but I really need this answer ASAP.
I am currently in UK on a student visa with my 4 kids and husband. I have a sibling in Canada who is a PPR holder and she wants me to visit while I still have student status in uk, she believes having my family in the UK and my study can serve as tie to my application.
I already have a valid biometrics and UCI number as well because I applied for federal self employed since 2020 and it's still in process.
What documents do I need to present for this Visitor Visa application if I am to apply from UK and do you think her analogy will work?
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 6:59am On Mar 30, 2022
Hi,

For visit visa;
Can one submit a different passport for stamping from what was used during application? Considering one has less than 9 months before the expiration of the current passport? I know one can do this for study permit but want to double check for visit.

Also, has anyone applied for a visa renewal (not extension) within Canada before?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 7:00am On Mar 30, 2022
ami213:
1-5 days

Please was this recent? Was hearing it was taking longer than 5 days recently.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 9:19am On Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations. Others PPR will come soon too.

I used the old portal too, but I see it's too late for for April traveling, for me to reapply, so I leave it there.

FYsol:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zimzee: 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks
megastu:
You definitely have strong ties. Just add evidence of finance and you are good to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1104) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Shokeye3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.