Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324460 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2023
bigbus:

Hi,
For someone in the same situation (i.e. needing to be in the US and already has the passport request), I would like to have an idea of how soon the passport can be returning submitted in the US.

Thank you.

Click on the link below and further click the section "webchat" then follow the instruction to chat with an Agent ( be mindful of time zones in New York and Los Angeles). The chat wont be live for interaction outside their working hours. The agent would be able to advise you which office would be better to send your passport. They will also be able to advise you on the requirement to submit your passport.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/book-an-appointment#

I was advised by the US VAC agent last year to send to Los Angeles because New York might take longer time but not sure of now.

It took my parents passport less than two weeks to return from Los Angeles so you can plan two weeks. You would just need to be proactive to start the process once you arrive USA.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Misshamilton: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2023
Jewel80:
My parents visitor visa application approved!
Application submission: April 3, 2022
PPR: January 13, 2023
Used the new portal!

Now it’s time to send their passport to Abuja via DHL and I’m wondering if anyone can please let me know what documents they need to submit with their passport request letter, the address to send it to and how to make payments? There are no details of this on the vfs website. Can someone please let me know? Thanks so much.

Please � if you find the answer to your question please share. I was just informed that DHL no longer does two way delivery for passport request to Abuja unsure if this includes Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Midazman(m): 2:48pm On Jan 16, 2023
tuton:

Documents submitted
Proof of funds
MBS ( mybankstatement)
Bank reference letter
Letter of introduction from my company
Payslips
Documents/Pictures showing my involvement in the company

Letter of invitation from my daughter(she is a student)
Her study permit
Her school ID
Her birth certificate
Support letter of Invite from her guardian(i said i will stay in their place)
His PR card

One page letter of intent from me
Letter of consent from my husband
Birth certificates my other kids
NIN for my other kids and my mum who lives with me
Family pictures
Marriage certificate change of name
Letter of recommendation from my church
Travel history (last 3 passports with visa stamps, entry and exit stamps

I think this is what i submitted.

My letter of intent gave a brief intro about me and what i do, my purpose of travel, my funding for the trip and return to country home ties.

My documents was also all well labelled and arranged.

I hope this helps someone.
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funmzee(f): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
[Yes,it's true... was at DHL today and was told. So I went to UPS to send it to Lagosquote author=Misshamilton post=120082825]

Please � if you find the answer to your question please share. I was just informed that DHL no longer does two way delivery for passport request to Abuja unsure if this includes Lagos [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
Olaade007:
Good day everyone, Im very fresh here.
Pls I need the help of this forum in procuring a tourist visa to Canada with my family (of5).
I have travelled to more than 6 african countries including France and US in the last 10 years(all for work).
I also have a valid US visa.

I'm about to start the process of Canada tourist visa for a 6-8 days vacation with family.
I have these questions;

1. I have not travelled with my family before, does it make sense applying for Canada tourist with them?

2. Pls I need clarification on the visa fees and biometrics fees. How much?

3. How long does the process take?

Thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html read. If you dont have family in Canada it’s taking 7 months to 18 months for some
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Misshamilton: 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
funmzee:
[Yes,it's true... was at DHL today and was told. So I went to UPS to send it to Lagosquote author=Misshamilton post=120082825]

Please � if you find the answer to your question please share. I was just informed that DHL no longer does two way delivery for passport request to Abuja unsure if this includes Lagos

Please can I send you a DM
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Just show documents evincing these ties you have listed. Coupled with your travel history, you stand a good chance to obtain a Visa. Best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funmzee(f): 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
No, problem ma...quote author=Misshamilton post=120091974]

Please can I send you a DM[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Misshamilton: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
funmzee:
No, problem ma...quote author=Misshamilton post=120091974]

Please can I send you a DM

I sent an email message not sure if you got it, if you did can you please reply. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funmzee(f): 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
Not yet but will surely do immediately,I get it quote author=Misshamilton post=120093804]

I sent an email message not sure if you got it, if you did can you please reply. Thank you [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marveltrades01: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hello all, good evening.

Good work with this thread. I recently started reading through.

I will like to confirm if this is the link to the new ircc site:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
No this is GCKEY the old portal I think is cleared!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
No this is GCKEY the old portal i
marveltrades01:
Hello all, good evening.

Good work with this thread. I recently started reading through.

I will like to confirm if this is the link to the new ircc site:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigbus: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
olasubomy:

Click on the link below and further click the section "webchat" then follow the instruction to chat with an Agent ( be mindful of time zones in New York and Los Angeles). The chat wont be live for interaction outside their working hours. The agent would be able to advise you which office would be better to send your passport. They will also be able to advise you on the requirement to submit your passport.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/book-an-appointment#

I was advised by the US VAC agent last year to send to Los Angeles because New York might take longer time but not sure of now.

It took my parents passport less than two weeks to return from Los Angeles so you can plan two weeks. You would just need to be proactive to start the process once you arrive USA.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Misshamilton:

Here is what I found:
1.Print out the original passport letter
2. Print out the consent form and then fill only the page 2 in Capital letters.
3. Pay transmission fee of N9,410.00 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION bank account (a/c no 0065165839) Sterling Bank and the include the transfer receipt.
4. Make 2 photocopies of passport data page.
5. Write name, phone number and email address on each of the data page.
6. Include original international passport.
7. Take all the above mentioned documents to DHL and send them to

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District
Abuja - Nigeria

NOTE. please pay for 2 way DHL (to and fro) at the DHL office so they can return the passport back to you after the visa has been stamped on it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Jewel80:

Here is what I found:
1.Print out the original passport letter
2. Print out the consent form and then fill only the page 2 in Capital letters.
3. Pay transmission fee of N9,410.00 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION bank account (a/c no 0065165839) Sterling Bank and the include the transfer receipt.
4. Make 2 photocopies of passport data page.
5. Write name, phone number and email address on each of the data page.
6. Include original international passport.
7. Take all the above mentioned documents to DHL and send them to

Visa Application Centre
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District
Abuja - Nigeria

NOTE. please pay for 2 way DHL (to and fro) at the DHL office so they can return the passport back to you after the visa has been stamped on it.

Then this too:
Sunday, [Mar 16, 2022 at 06:33]
For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS) and SMS fee 990... so that's 10,400 per person
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 10:30pm On Jan 16, 2023
[quote author=funmzee post=120090325][Yes,it's true... was at DHL today and was told. So I went to UPS to send it to Lagosquote author=Misshamilton post=120082825]

Does UPS send to Abuja? 2 way delivery? Someone said UPS is not reliable that I should send it via dhl then pay for vfs to return it to me. I don’t know why Nigeria likes to complicate things
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MissShakara: 12:52am On Jan 17, 2023
Hello everyone

Quick question about passport submission. Is it possible to submit passports directly to vfs Lagos or does everyone have to mail it in using DHL?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 7:44am On Jan 17, 2023
Do you suggest not applying through old portal?

Kelvinarsenal:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by motunray: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2023
MissShakara:
Hello everyone

Quick question about passport submission. Is it possible to submit passports directly to vfs Lagos or does everyone have to mail it in using DHL?

You can submit it by yourself go between 8am -10am on Monday to Friday

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 11:37am On Jan 17, 2023
Hello, pls I am unable to retrieve my username. There is a message concerning my application. I have sent a mail via Web form since Thursday. I haven't received any reply.

Pls does anyone know what I can do?
Has anyone e forgotten her/his username before? How did you resolve it?

I made this application since 2021.
Pls help!

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funmzee(f): 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
DHL said they only do 1 way when I went there....the lady said since last November. So I use UPS nd I met other people there too for the same purpose. hatuote author=Jewel80 post=120101486][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deltapikin101: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hi Everyone, and thanks for this thread, it has helped a whole lot! Just to drop my application story in case it helps someone. I applied with my husband on the 30th of July 2022, and applied for my parents on the 11th of September, 2022. Nothing has changed about our application till date, but my parents got a PPR today 17th January 2023. There's obviously no method to the application process apart from just to apply and wait your turn, whenever that would be. Also a quick question, how long has it taken you guys to get your passports back after submitting, cuz they have a US trip scheduled soon, and we need to be sure they'll have their passports back before then. Fingers crossed, all the best to everyone!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Misshamilton: 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
funmzee:
DHL said they only do 1 way when I went there....the lady said since last November. So I use UPS nd I met other people there too for the same purpose. hatuote author=Jewel80 post=120101486]

Did you have to fill the VFS consent form when using UPS, If yes is this how you filled it for example

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Misshamilton: 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
funmzee:
DHL said they only do 1 way when I went there....the lady said since last November. So I use UPS nd I met other people there too for the same purpose. hatuote author=Jewel80 post=120101486]

Did you have to fill the VFS consent form when using UPS, If yes is where it says to receive/give my documents from/to______ did you put UPS name there?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
Misshamilton:

Did you have to fill the VFS consent form when using UPS, If yes is where it says to receive/give my documents from/to______ did you put UPS name there?

Just write courier there, no need for any courier name because vfs will decide that once you pay for logistics as they no longer allow for 2 way payment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaycherry: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
PPR for parent of an international student.

Application submitted..1st January
PPR...17th January

Glory be to God in the Highest.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gina2022: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
Kaycherry:

PPR...17th January

This January or 2022. Old or new portal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
Oh wow.. Congrats!
Did you use the old or new portal?

Kaycherry:

PPR...17th January

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaycherry: 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
This January...2023

Used the New portal...

Approved in 17days

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
phyla:

@olasubomi I sent you an email sir

Hello,

I responded to your mail but not sure why it keeps bouncing back as undelivered. I saw your reminder mail and responded again but still bounced back. Maybe you check your mail or use another e-mail.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marveltrades01: 12:59am On Jan 18, 2023
Kelvinarsenal:

Please i need the link to the new portal �

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Calmlolly, Biamoz(m), Levels1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.