Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2315452 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vintaged: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2023
bucksguy:
Hello everyone, please I need your inputs regarding the below.
I am Canadian PR and have lived 7 months in Canada. I want to apply for visitor's visa for my mum.
I have a full time job and my account balance is about $5,000 CAD.
My mum on the other hand is a primary school teacher and earns 30k monthly with no travel history.

What can I do to increase her chances of getting a visitor visa as I need her to come for omugwo by June July?

In your letter of invitation, state that yourself and your partner are both inviting your mum to visit as your partner is pregnant. You are inviting your mum as she would provide support after child birth. Also state that all expenses would be taken care of by yourself and your spouse. State your annual income as well as that of your partner, attach your recent payslip as well as that of your partner, if possible attach your PR cards to the application. In your letter, the length of her stay shouldn't be for longer than a month or two as that would coincide with when primary schools in Nigeria are on vacation.

In addition, get a letter from your partner's doctor stating when your partner is due and also that you would require your mum's presence to support your partner during her delivery and the first stages of postpartum.

Your mum can also get a letter from her employer stating where she works and the fact that she would return to work after her visit when school resumes. This shows ties to Nigeria

Hope this helps. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BitterSweet(f): 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Karmora:

My is October 2021. Nothing yet , it’s well.
Also submitted in October 2021. No news yet...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2023
Visa Approved!
I got my Original Passport Request today.

Application submitted : Dec 10, 2022
Biometrics : Dec 14, 2022
PPR - Jan 10, 2023
I used the New IRCC Portal.

I wish everyone still expecting their decision a positive response soonest.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
tuton:
Visa Approved!

PPR - Jan 10, 2023

This is too fast. Did you have a valid US visa?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Candybright:

This is too fast. Did you have a valid US visa?
No i don’t have a current valid US visa, expired 2018. But i have had multiple US visas, UK, Australia and other countries in the past 10 years.
My purpose of visit is also to see my daughter who just began her studies( not sure if this had any impact on the speed of processing).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 12:04am On Jan 11, 2023
tuton:

No i don’t have a current valid US visa, expired 2018. But i have had multiple US visas, UK, Australia and other countries in the past 10 years.
My purpose of visit is also to see my daughter who just began her studies( not sure if this had any impact on the speed of processing).
Of course, your multiple visas (whether expired or valid) to the U.S., U.K., Aussie alone are enough to facilitate speedy response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:51am On Jan 11, 2023
Yes you can be processed in the CAN+ program, the question is "if you have a valid US visa."
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunpinky(m): 4:20am On Jan 11, 2023
obinwanne:

Of course, your multiple visas (whether expired or valid) to the U.S., U.K., Aussie alone are enough to facilitate speedy response.
This is not true, I applied for my parents in sept and up till now no visa. They had US, UK and shenghen visa.

Guess what, I also applied for my Mother in law on the same date in sept, fresh passport without any travel history and she already got her PPR in December.

Just trying to tell you that there’s no hard and fast rule with IRCC, no two applications are treated the same.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2023
If Canada don't want people to apply for visitor visa again, they should just say it and stop this wickedness. It's now 264 days. Why are they doing like this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:11am On Jan 11, 2023
Betterlife30:
If Canada don't want people to apply for visitor visa again, they should just say it and stop this wickedness. It's now 264 days. Why are they doing like this?

Hahaha �
You are right though.

They should just remove the visit/tourist visa link from their site.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2023
oluayebenz:

Hahaha �
You are right though.

They should just remove the visit/tourist visa link from their site.

They keep collecting the application fee but they are not processing it. People are now waiting for more than a year and it's only Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jokotolaa: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Midazman(m): 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
tuton:
Visa Approved!

PPR - Jan 10, 2023

Congrats.. please what documents did u submit?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Midazman(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author=Midazman post=119941369][/quote]

Congrats .. Pls what documents did u submit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chithec(f): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author=Midazman post=119941369][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chithec(f): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
tuton:
Visa Approved!

PPR - Jan 10, 2023

Is this a study or visit visa?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx: 11:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
Good evening all,
Please it's been 4months since I did my Biometrics for Canada visiting visa, Should I keep hopes alive or I should forget about it and reapply ... 25th of December 2022 was supposed to be the date for my visit.... Will my Visa still be approved?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oldfashioned145: 12:53am On Jan 12, 2023
Its been nine months since my parents applied for theirs and no response yet

Keep the hope alive

chiomapx:
Good evening all,
Please it's been 4months since I did my Biometrics for Canada visiting visa, Should I keep hopes alive or I should forget about it and reapply ... 25th of December 2022 was supposed to be the date for my visit.... Will my Visa still be approved?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by unclepauly: 3:36am On Jan 12, 2023
A friend got this response after he applied for study visa.
I would really appreciate any feedback as to what steps he needs to take since no reason was given for the refusal.

Thanks

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 3:50am On Jan 12, 2023
unclepauly:
I would really appreciate any feedback as to what steps he needs to take since no reason was given for the refusal.

Thanks
order gcms notes from getgcms or gcms buddy to see the actual reason. You can Google it for more

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2023
Hello.
Pls i forgot my username! Been trying to get into my account. I received a mail today asking me to sign in for a message. I made this application in 2021 and I have even forgotten about it...

Pls who has experienced this? If I open a new account, will I be able to view the message?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deltapikin101: 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Hello.
Pls i forgot my username! Been trying to get into my account. I received a mail today asking me to sign in for a message. I made this application in 2021 and I have even forgotten about it...

Pls who has experienced this? If I open a new account, will I be able to view the message?

Hello

Please search through your emails for the mail you received when you created the profile. You should find the profile name. I don't think creating a new profile would work. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
Thank you!

The one I suspected now. I used it and it says.. it says revoked.
Pls find attached the message I got.

Deltapikin101:

Hello

Please search through your emails for the mail you received when you created the profile. You should find the profile name. I don't think creating a new profile would work. All the best

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Most times, this happens when you enter the wrong password repeatedly. Maybe you should write to IRCC fo let them know your situation. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
chithec:

Is this a study or visit visa?
I applied for a visit visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Midazman:

Congrats .. Pls what documents did u submit?
Documents submitted
Proof of funds
MBS ( mybankstatement)
Bank reference letter
Letter of introduction from my company
Payslips
Documents/Pictures showing my involvement in the company

Letter of invitation from my daughter(she is a student)
Her study permit
Her school ID
Her birth certificate
Support letter of Invite from her guardian(i said i will stay in their place)
His PR card

One page letter of intent from me
Letter of consent from my husband
Birth certificates my other kids
NIN for my other kids and my mum who lives with me
Family pictures
Marriage certificate change of name
Letter of recommendation from my church
Travel history (last 3 passports with visa stamps, entry and exit stamps

I think this is what i submitted.

My letter of intent gave a brief intro about me and what i do, my purpose of travel, my funding for the trip and return to country home ties.

My documents was also all well labelled and arranged.

I hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
unclepauly:

Thanks
He or she should order for CBSA notes. It is faster than GCMS notes.

There is also a student visa thread. More information about study visa is shared there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by motunray: 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
motunray:
Happy new year to you all …May this new beginning bring forth positive results to all of our expectations.

It finally ended in praise
Submitted- June 8
Biometric- June 16
PPR - Jan 11
No updates
Since it was an invitation from my bro inviting I and my dad we didn’t think it was so urgent to send mails but it was quite disturbing
We kept on putting it in prayers

Finally I checked 12am on the 10th of December and I saw eligibility had started but I suspected it started 9th
Another wait after eligibility started but I knew it was gonna happen sooner than we expect
Until I saw someone got theirs and our eligibility started same day
It was crazy ….but December finished
And in January the feeling was different I noticed my mood was just gratitude I didn’t understand why but I sensed God was about to blow my mind
The day it came out I checked in the morning no update ,then my dad checked his mail by past 6 in the evening and lo and behold it was the do not reply email our passport request dropped around 3pm.
God is indeed faithful
From application date it took 7month and 3 days
Eligibility review took 1month 2days

11 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by landuseact: 10:28pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hello lovely people. Please I have a question. I applied for my parent's visitor visa to Canada and got approved. They have received the passport request and I have a couple of questions

I was reading the VFS site and was a bit confused by the documents/payment required.

My parents completed their biometrics at the Lagos location

It appears the requirements are:

The passport request letters for both applicants
A consent form for both applicants
The transmission fee- which they are exempt from since the Biometrics covers this and they are going to the same lagos location to drop-off
the 1-way courier for 1 package - want to clarify if this will cover both applicants or if the fee is per applicant
confirm that an appointment isn't required for drop-off

Also can we mail it to the location instead of a physical drop-off?

Please if anyone has gone through a similar situation or knows what to do, I'm open to advice. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thejokist(f): 2:07am On Jan 13, 2023
Hello house

Please for a young person that works in Nigeria, I’m a manager in my company and earn about 200k monthly. My sister is PR in Canada. Please what documents do I need to provide for my visiting visa? I want to spend my vacation with her and her family (about 2 weeks) in the summer. I also have a small business that I run in Nigeria and have my CAC.
Please also, how much do I have to have in my account, since accommodation will not be a problem as I’m staying with my sister.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Magd90: 4:30am On Jan 13, 2023
Application for my mum visit visa
Submitted- November 19 2022
Biometric- December 1
PPR - Jan 5
I'm a PR submitted my statement of account and lease agreement,birth certificate and PR card.
Stated on the application that my mum is a house wife so no statement was submitted from her end. I was able to gather all information required from here. Thank you all.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bukzie: 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
[/quote]
tuton:
Visa Approved!

PPR - Jan 10, 2023

Congratulations!!!

If you have submitted your passport, can you please share how you did that? Did you go the VAC office to submit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: dadasupremacy(m), bukolo, 3Gee, IamR and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.