Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2340750 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by berryblake(f): 1:00am On Jan 14, 2023
Vintaged:

Hi ! Is it possible to turn a visitor’s visa to a PR after getting there

In your letter of invitation, state that yourself and your partner are both inviting your mum to visit as your partner is pregnant. You are inviting your mum as she would provide support after child birth. Also state that all expenses would be taken care of by yourself and your spouse. State your annual income as well as that of your partner, attach your recent payslip as well as that of your partner, if possible attach your PR cards to the application. In your letter, the length of her stay shouldn't be for longer than a month or two as that would coincide with when primary schools in Nigeria are on vacation.

In addition, get a letter from your partner's doctor stating when your partner is due and also that you would require your mum's presence to support your partner during her delivery and the first stages of postpartum.

Your mum can also get a letter from her employer stating where she works and the fact that she would return to work after her visit when school resumes. This shows ties to Nigeria

Hope this helps. All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by berryblake(f): 1:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Hello
Can anyone please answer this
Is it possible to get a PR when you get to Canada with a visitor’s visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newww1(f): 3:42am On Jan 14, 2023
berryblake:
Hello

Shey you dey whine me ni?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BigJohn814: 4:57am On Jan 14, 2023
It is possible, only if you have a spouse that has Canadian PR or Citizenship. All they need do is submit an Inland Spousal Sponsorship while you are there on a visitor Visa. Asides that, I am not sure it is possible get a PR from being in Canada on a visit Visa.
All the best with your search for PR.
berryblake:
Hello
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thejokist(f): 6:06am On Jan 14, 2023
Hi

Please can someone answer? It’s for a friend and she intends applying for her visa asap
thejokist:
Hello house

Please for a young person that works in Nigeria, I’m a manager in my company and earn about 200k monthly. My sister is PR in Canada. Please what documents do I need to provide for my visiting visa? I want to spend my vacation with her and her family (about 2 weeks) in the summer. I also have a small business that I run in Nigeria and have my CAC.
Please also, how much do I have to have in my account, since accommodation will not be a problem as I’m staying with my sister.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzy15: 7:36am On Jan 14, 2023
Candybright:

This is too fast. Did you have a valid US visa?

Please is it possible to register on the new portal for another visit visa,I already registered o the old portal and did biometrics, no response from them yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 7:44am On Jan 14, 2023
thejokist:
Hi

Please can someone answer? It’s for a friend and she intends applying for her visa asap
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html the documents required are listed on their website. Take a look at it. For amount only the visa officer can judge the reasonableness of the application. If flight, transport, shopping and other things you plan to do in Canada costs 1m , and your account balance is 1.2m. It clearly is not reasonable to embark on such trip unless maybe your sister is sponsoring it

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 7:46am On Jan 14, 2023
berryblake:
Hello
if you don’t qualify for PR via the express entry or pnp before travelling. You wont qualify if you travel with visitors visa to Canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 14, 2023
Benindad:
Pls house i applied for Canada visitors visa since July 11 2022 and up till now no response. Pls what do I do tks

Did you use the New portal to apply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by trishaben: 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
PPR for my parents
Application submitted : April 10, 2022
Biometrics : April 11, 2022
Eligibility: Dec 12,2022
PPR - Jan 14, 2023
They used the New IRCC Portal.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Foladimejiw: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
All praise belong to God the Almighty
It's an approval
It's an approval (visitor visa to visit my children studying in Canada)
1st application Nov 8th 2021 on gckey
Nothing, so I reapplied in May 13th 2022(new portal).
Dec 16th Eligibility started on May 13th Application
Dec 28th,withdrawal of Nov 8th 2021 Application, I was scared
Jan 13th, approval of May 13th Application.
I come here for updates and consolation that I wasn't the only one in this backlog issue. I sent lots of webform, children called ircc , messages to MP with replies that Application under processing, lots of mails to all offices in Nairobi,China,London,US, etc, same response.

For sure,there's light at the end of the tunnel. Glory be to God

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by berryblake(f): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
BigJohn814:
It is possible, only if you have a spouse that has Canadian PR or Citizenship. All they need do is submit an Inland Spousal Sponsorship while you are there on a visitor Visa. Asides that, I am not sure it is possible get a PR from being in Canada on a visit Visa.
All the best with your search for PR.

Ohhh so it’s actually impossible then
I’m asking on behalf of my cousin
But she has no spouse over there
Does that mean she has to come back after the visa expires
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by berryblake(f): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
ednut1:
if you don’t qualify for PR via the express entry or pnp before travelling. You wont qualify if you travel with visitors visa to Canada

Okay thanks a lot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria96: 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
berryblake:

your last sentence is actually funny. This is why Canada rejects most of the applications by Nigerians for Visiting visa unless the person has strong home times. Many want to use it to flee and not come back. Canada is one of the countries you don’t want to live illegally on an overstay Visa. One can survive in USA as an illegal Immigrant but Canada nope

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
berryblake:

Why didn’t she try to get a LMIA-approved job in Canada before now and make use of the policy for people on visitor’s visa working in Canada for upwards of one year? With a LMIA-approved employment offer, the person can apply for a work permit. Anyways, unless the Canadian government extends it, the policy will expire next month.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wales1111: 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
Good evening to everyone here. I am new at the canada trend here but I have being part of nairaland for other countries trend. Straight to the point. I am a cultural performer ( actor ) for the palace of ooni ile ife. The palace dont pay us salary directly the NGOs attached to the palace pay us per performances that we do to entertain people. That was addressed in the employment letter given to us. Moving forward...I have 1.5m in my account cos I just bought a house worth 5 million last year October a car of 2.5m July last year and I have 3 plots of that I bought a million naira 2018. I am married to an American she has two children for me. She lives here with me. I have travelled to six different countries before now...I was in Benin, Togo, Ghana zambia, ireland and the UK. Now I want to visit my cousin in canada for my mid year holiday off work in June pls I am fine with all I have to get the canada visa...pls gurus in the house
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wales1111: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
Wales1111:
Good evening to everyone here. I am new at the canada trend here but I have being part of nairaland for other countries trend. Straight to the point. I am a cultural performer ( actor ) for the palace of ooni ile ife. The palace dont pay us salary directly the NGOs attached to the palace pay us per performances that we do to entertain people. That was addressed in the employment letter given to us. Moving forward...I have 1.5m in my account cos I just bought a house worth 5 million last year October a car of 2.5m July last year and I have 3 plots of that I bought a million naira 2018. I am married to an American she has two children for me. She lives here with me. I have travelled to six different countries before now...I was in Benin, Togo, Ghana zambia, ireland and the UK. Now I want to visit my cousin in canada for my mid year holiday off work in June pls I am fine with all I have to get the canada visa...pls gurus in the house
pls guru in the house cos I want to start on Monday
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by berryblake(f): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2023
Maria96:
your last sentence is actually funny. This is why Canada rejects most of the applications by Nigerians for Visiting visa unless the person has strong home times. Many want to use it to flee and not come back. Canada is one of the countries you don’t want to live illegally on an overstay Visa. One can survive in USA as an illegal Immigrant but Canada nope

I am making an enquiry if one can find a way legally
What is wrong with the question I asked
And btw I saw something about LMIA,getting a job and you will be qualified for a PR but the deadline is February
So yeah,you can simply reply and tell me you don’t have any info instead of saying that

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by berryblake(f): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
obinwanne:

Why didn’t she try to get a LMIA-approved job in Canada before now and make use of the policy for people on visitor’s visa working in Canada for upwards of one year? With a LMIA-approved employment offer, the person can apply for a work permit. Anyways, unless the Canadian government extends it, the policy will expire next month.

Thanks a lot
Will look into that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamleye(m): 4:36am On Jan 15, 2023
There use to be a pathway during covid time which allows temporary visa holders like VV to convert their VV to an Open Work Permit so far you have got a job offer. During this period, alot of VV holders were stuck in Canada due to Canada closing their borders and they were in shortage of workers, so an executive order allows employers to hire a temporary visa holders and subsequently get a work permit.
berryblake:
Hello

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria96: 10:56am On Jan 15, 2023
iamleye:
There use to be a pathway during covid time which allows temporary visa holders like VV to convert their VV to an Open Work Permit so far you have got a job offer. During this period, alot of VV holders were stuck in Canada due to Canada closing their borders and they were in shortage of workers, so an executive order allows employers to hire a temporary visa holders and subsequently get a work permit.
do you know anyone who was able to get this Without status in Canada most employers wont even get back
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2023
Yes it's very quite possible to turn visitors visa to PR.
1 you should be married to a Canadian citizen or PR then apply for INLAND SOWP
2. complete a prerequisites course in a Canadian college or university then apply for INLAND student permit , which will lead to PGWP and then PR.
3. Seeking Aslylum if the applicant or visitors visa holder is fleeing danger in home country or facing injustice and escaping presecution then you can apply for aslylum.its your right to apply and it's Canada right to grant you refugee status.
berryblake:
Hello
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by berryblake(f): 11:09am On Jan 15, 2023
Ikiloba:
Yes it's very quite possible to turn visitors visa to PR.
1 you should be married to a Canadian citizen or PR then apply for INLAND SOWP
2. complete a prerequisites course in a Canadian college or university then apply for INLAND student permit , which will lead to PGWP and then PR.
3. Seeking Aslylum if the applicant or visitors visa holder is fleeing danger in home country or facing injustice and escaping presecution then you can apply for aslylum.its your right to apply and it's Canada right to grant you refugee status.
This will really help
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olaade007: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Good day everyone, Im very fresh here.
Pls I need the help of this forum in procuring a tourist visa to Canada with my family (of5).
I have travelled to more than 6 african countries including France and US in the last 10 years(all for work).
I also have a valid US visa.

I'm about to start the process of Canada tourist visa for a 6-8 days vacation with family.
I have these questions;

1. I have not travelled with my family before, does it make sense applying for Canada tourist with them?

2. Pls I need clarification on the visa fees and biometrics fees. How much?

3. How long does the process take?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrALIVE: 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
Application November 2021
Biometrics December 20th 2021.

Uptil now no response.
Is it fair to give up on this application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fashionicon: 10:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
Applied since April 2022 on the new portal, still no response. Any on else experiencing this?
Are we supposed to reapply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
tuton:

No i don’t have a current valid US visa, expired 2018. But i have had multiple US visas, UK, Australia and other countries in the past 10 years.
My purpose of visit is also to see my daughter who just began her studies( not sure if this had any impact on the speed of processing).
The last part I guess so. Having family in Canada usually help speed up the process sometimes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
My parents visitor visa application approved!
Application submission: April 3, 2022
PPR: January 13, 2023
Used the new portal!

Now it’s time to send their passport to Abuja via DHL and I’m wondering if anyone can please let me know what documents they need to submit with their passport request letter, the address to send it to and how to make payments? There are no details of this on the vfs website. Can someone please let me know? Thanks so much.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ralfudoh(m): 2:49am On Jan 16, 2023
My parents Visitor visa has been approved.
Submitted on December 1st 2022
Biometrics on December 14th 2022
Eligibility review started Jan 5th 2023
PPR January 10th 2023

11 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigbus: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2023
Africankel:
You can submit your passport in the US.

Hi,
For someone in the same situation (i.e. needing to be in the US and already has the passport request), I would like to have an idea of how soon the passport can be returning submitted in the US.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigbus: 9:37am On Jan 16, 2023
Good day everyone,
For someone that just received the passport request, but has a trip starting in 10 days, and would not return to Nigeria until after the 30 days window, what happens if one can't make the passport submission within the 30 days?

Is there anyway to expedite submission and retrieval of passport say within a week, so as to have the passport back for this near trip?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: LadyCaplin and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.