Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2329877 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
Hi,

You can follow this link to send a webform to them.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Regards,

Nelson2023:
Hello Guys , I applied for visit visa December 2021 and i am now in the Netherlands for study . I want to know if there is a way i can update my status by uploading my visa and study permit . Also, my eligibility started last week.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2023
ChiKen2027:
I applied through the privacy act route on the 7th of February 2023 and got my GCMS note on March 11, 2023. I can't make any sense of what is there though. I applied on June 30, 2022.

It shows your application is still under active review. FCC means the five country conferences. Simply put, the Canadian authorities are asking information about you from the USA. The reason you see" Ready to be Assessed" USA.

But nothing to be worried about if your travel history is without issues.

It will end in praise!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sorry, what about the words Complete- Not Review for info sharing Biometric- FCC .Can you explain better.

olasubomy:

It shows your application is still under active review. FCC means the five country conferences. Simply put, the Canadian authorities are asking information about you from the USA. The reason you see" Ready to be Assessed" USA.

It will end in praise!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
obazi:
Sorry, what about the words Complete- Not Review for info sharing Biometric- FCC .Can you explain better.

info sharing - In Progress - These implies the 5 partner countries ( Canada, UK, Australia, Netherlands &United States) are exchanging information about you. This is a normal security routine check done on prospective immigrants coming into their country either temporarily or permanently. They make use of biometrics details ( which has data of the applicant) and share these with their partners. This is the stage where they detect an applicant that has violated any law, committed a crime, overstayed, denied or given a ban etc.

FCC comprises the above mentioned countries. But, I cant see any issue on your GCMS notes, it is just their normal internal security reviews.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2023
Which means they have started my security screening or review?

olasubomy:

info sharing - In Progress - These implies the 5 partner countries ( Canada, UK, Australia, Netherlands &United States) are exchanging information about you. This is a normal security routine check done on prospective immigrants coming into their country either temporarily or permanently. They make use of biometrics details ( which has data of the applicant) and share these with their partners. This is the stage where they detect an applicant that has violated any law, committed a crime, overstayed, denied or given a ban etc.

FCC comprises the above mentioned countries. But, I cant see any issue on your GCMS notes, it is just their normal internal security reviews.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2023
obazi:
Which means they have started my security screening or review?

Yes, they have started your security screening. You just need to be patient till your application is finalized.

I would say the main hurdle for most applicants is eligibility. Once they start your eligibility and all is ok, you should have your PPR.

Just stay positive.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hadigun: 10:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
mizGene:

I honestly don't know cos I wasn't looking out for that, I feel like it has been like that since 2021 ish.....I have sent some mails and updated my expired docs via Web form...I give them until month end, then I will reapply.
Luckily I'm in the UK and I see the average application time is 30days here.

Are you playing I’m in the UK and I’ve applied since August 2022… no response till date…. I used the new portal. We might get lucky if we reapply sha…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mizGene(f): 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
hadigun:

Are you playing I’m in the UK and I’ve applied since August 2022… no response till date…. I used the new portal. We might get lucky if we reapply sha…

Ahrhhggg sad
You've just killed my hope o cheesy last year when I checked, UK times were not too different from Nija, which is why I didn't bother reapplying then..I'll still try sha, who knows..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 12:06am On Mar 15, 2023
Same oo. Nothing changed yet!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 12:13am On Mar 15, 2023
olasubomy:

It will end in praise!

Thanks, bro. I believe in God for positive feedback. Now more than 8 months!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 4:16am On Mar 15, 2023
No update yet at all on your profile?

Nothing has changed on the profile since then?

Where did you apply from?

ChiKen2027:

Thanks, bro. I believe in God for positive feedback. Now more than 8 months!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
I am not sure anything has changed on this.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

I do not remember is that is what has been there from the begining.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
Please, how long does it take them to complete the eligibility check?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 11:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
ABSTRUSE:

Thank you.
as long as it takes them. No defined timeframe
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 8:00am On Mar 16, 2023
Hi,

It wasn't like that from onset, but from the screenshot, your Eligibility has started.

Regards,

ChiKen2027:
I am not sure anything has changed on this.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

I do not remember is that is what has been there from the begining.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 8:02am On Mar 16, 2023
When did you apply?

When did your Eligibility start?

Like Ednut said, it can take from a day to whenever they like.

Regards,

ABSTRUSE:

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rebless(m): 8:31am On Mar 16, 2023
Good morning all,

Please I need an advice on what to do if I am having difficulty downloading forms to be filled on my account? The actual content to seem to show when downloaded please what can i do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2023
[quote author=rebless post=121779746]Good morning all,

Please I need an advice on what to do if I am having difficulty downloading forms to be filled on my account? The actual content to seem to show when downloaded please what can i do?
[/quote
Which form??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 10:20am On Mar 16, 2023
josephb:

Hi,

It wasn't like that from onset, but from the screenshot, your Eligibility has started.

Regards,

Thanks for the response. I hope for the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2023
rebless:
Good morning all,

Canada visa application it online filling.method so .which form you want download??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chomiePedia: 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello guys, I need help. We got a message from vfs that the passport is ready for pickup at their lagos office.
I initially paid for a one way courier for drop off. Can I go to DHL and pay for pick up? The reason I asking is because vfs said that to use their in-house courier services, we have to pay for each passport. We applied for family visa and paying for each passport will be expensive. Also, the DHL services is way cheaper than vfs in-house courier.
Also does anyone know if vfs refunds for in house courier services that was not used?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
[quote author=House34 post=121780715][/quote]

Hello Rebless,

I think I understand what you might be facing. You either need to use chrome or have the latest Adobe Acrobat installed on your system to view the content of the IRCC form.

When I applied, I downloaded so many times facing the same issue. The way I resolved it then was to use chrome. However, you need to go to privacy, security, and site settings.

Click site settings, you will see PDF documents under Additional content settings, click it and set it to "download PDFs" instead of "Open PDFs in chrome".

Once this is done, the forms will be downloaded into your system and you will be able to fill it on the system accordingly.

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
chomiePedia:
Hello guys, I need help. We got a message from vfs that the passport is ready for pickup at their lagos office.
I initially paid for a one way courier for drop off. Can I go to DHL and pay for pick up? The reason I asking is because vfs said that to use their in-house courier services, we have to pay for each passport. We applied for family visa and paying for each passport will be expensive. Also, the DHL services is way cheaper than vfs in-house courier.
Also does anyone know if vfs refunds for in house courier services that was not used?

Hello,

You can not use your own DHL pickup services to pick up the passports. That is the annoying trend currently with VFS Lagos. You will either have to use theirs which is like 18k plus per passport or go there between 8:30 and 10:00 am to pick it up yourself.

Congratulations.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2023
josephb:
When did you apply?

Regards,

I applied on June 30, 2022, As I did not receive any mail from IRCC, I will never be sure of the exact date the status of eligibility changed. But I requested for my GCMS notes on February 6. 2023 and received a response on March 11, 2023. I guess the update came thereafter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omosikiru1992: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hi everyone..
If you are travelling from Lagos or Abuja to Canada in April kindly DM lets plan our trip together
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
Omosikiru1992:
Hi everyone..
If you are travelling from Lagos or Abuja to Canada in April kindly DM lets plan our trip together

Still waiting for Visa grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Lol our situation would be like yours very soon I Jesus name....
Omosikiru1992:
Hi everyone..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
josephb:
When did you apply?

Regards,

Chai!!! I applied August last year and found out two days ago that eligibility had started.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mysha03: 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello everyone, filled my Mum’s visit visa application around November but it’s showing another persons details , tried filling another application using another email but it’s showing the same person details. It’s showing the person biometrics details and name, bear in mind my mum has never applied for Canada visa yet it’s showing biometrics details. What can I do to rectify this

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 11:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
Mysha03:
Hello everyone, filled my Mum’s visit visa application around November but it’s showing another persons details , tried filling another application using another email but it’s showing the same person details. It’s showing the person biometrics details and name, bear in mind my mum has never applied for Canada visa yet it’s showing biometrics details. What can I do to rectify this

Hope you have cancelled this one that you submitted today before IRCC starts processing it. Maybe you are not doing something correctly.

Regarding the one you submitted in November, when you did notice that it was showing another person details after submission?

Send IRCC a webform with detailed explanation of the issue and you can also call IRCC agent to explain the issue just in case they can rectify any anomaly before a decision is taken on the file. But, first be sure you are not the one making any mistake.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mysha03: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2023
I noticed the anomaly some minutes after submission. I sent webform explaining the situation around January and I’m yet to get a response to that effect. I’ll call the customer service today
olasubomy:

Hope you have cancelled this one that you submitted today before IRCC starts processing it. Maybe you are not doing something correctly.

Regarding the one you submitted in November, when you did notice that it was showing another person details after submission?

Send IRCC a webform with detailed explanation of the issue and you can also call IRCC agent to explain the issue just in case they can rectify any anomaly before a decision is taken on the file. But, first be sure you are not the one making any mistake.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2023
Mysha03:
I noticed the anomaly some minutes after submission. I sent webform explaining the situation around January and I’m yet to get a response to that effect. I’ll call the customer service today

Good! I assume you are in Canada. Try reach out to the customer care line. I think they work with mountain time zone. The issue is strange but lets see when you call them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1104) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: benjijosh(m), jeffdaniel(m), tblaze007(m), T4kbaba(m), Eriokanmi, Spares, Mosa1982(f), sweeten and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.