Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2327269 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jmkplus: 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
How can one make new payment on ircc website? Pls can you share the procedural fareness letter template.
obinwanne:

In buttressing this comment, I’ll like to share an experience…
I involved a third party in visa fee payment for my cousin of 17 years old because I didn’t have my domiciliary account debit card at the time. Unfortunately, the guy used a stolen debit card of a U.S. citizen to make the payment and after the transaction went through, it was later reversed(this can only be done if a stolen or hacked card was used and that was the case here. The owner of the card with the help of his bank traced the card to IRCC account and lodged a complaint). IRCC office contacted my cousin to make another payment which I finally did with my card. Weeks later, IRCC contacted him again and sent a procedural fairness letter demanding for an explanation on the first fraudulent transaction and details of who made the payment and why didn’t my cousin mentioned in a form that someone assisted him in completing the application forms. We responded that it was a third party who made the payment and he’s currently at large as my cousin isn’t the only victim. Also, apart from the payment, he, my cousin completed the application forms on his own with no third party assistance(I actually did the application for him though). He begged to be considered being a young adult and a first time applicant who has no debit card and still under a guardian who was unavoidably absent during his application. Fortunately, his explanation was accepted and his medicals requested. He’s now in Canada.

So people, be careful when dealing with third party payments o.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jmkplus:
How can one make new payment on ircc website? Pls can you share the procedural fareness letter template.
You can only make a fresh payment if IRCC contacts you that your previous payment was fraudulent. In that case, you’ll be asked to log on to your portal and make a fresh payment.
The procedural fairness letter you’re asking of, is it the one I wrote to them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jmkplus:

The IRCC sends a procedural fairness letter to visa applicants when a decision may impact their application. The letter informs the applicant of the decision-making process, allows them to provide additional information, and ensures the decision is made fairly. It includes an explanation of the decision, the right to respond, a deadline, contact information, and review process details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by reggy11: 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
I submitted an application since November 2022 for an academic conference coming up in May, but am yet to get any response,
I have completed another application on the new portal,
My question:
[i]Should I cancel the old one or let both run concurrently ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
reggy11:
I submitted an application since November 2022 for an academic conference coming up in May, but am yet to get any response,
I have completed another application on the new portal,
My question:
[i]Should I cancel the old one or let both run concurrently ?

Do not cancel ..one will be processed and the system will cancel the other later
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Slimboss042: 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
Thank you so much as this is actually a good response.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate .
ChiKen2027:
Hello,

Are you referring to a study Permit or Visiting Visa? It seems you are referring to a student study permit from your information. Regardless, medicals might not reflect on your account until 30 days after or until your application is finalized depending on whether you did the medicals upfront or you did afterward. If you applied last week Monday, I am assuming you did medicals upfront. If you did medicals upfront, I want to assume you already uploaded your result via web form. However, congratulations ahead! there is a high chance you passed the medicals if your eligibility has started.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimanyd: 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Flower222:
My brother apply for visitor visa since November 2022 through an agent . Few days ago he sent webcom to Nairobi to know the update of his application. The reply from Nairobi was his application have not started processing .
I want to know if it take so long to start visitor visa to process because I see most people here did not take long to process.

Lol. U never read the thread well. Application of May 2022 still dey wait and just enter background review last month. grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
House34:

The IRCC sends a procedural fairness letter to visa applicants when a decision may impact their application. The letter informs the applicant of the decision-making process, allows them to provide additional information, and ensures the decision is made fairly. It includes an explanation of the decision, the right to respond, a deadline, contact information, and review process details.

A procedural fairness letter doesn’t inform applicants of “IRCC decision-making process”. It highlights the error(s) by the applicant and requests for explanation or information in respect to that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
obinwanne:

A procedural fairness letter doesn’t inform applicants of “IRCC decision-making process”. It highlights the error(s) by the applicant and requests for explanation or information in respect to that.

The decision-making process in the context of an immigration application refers to the series of steps taken by the immigration authorities to assess an applicant's eligibility for a visa, permit, or other immigration benefit.

In the case of a procedural fairness letter, the decision-making process refers specifically to the steps taken by the immigration officer who is assigned to the applicant's case after receiving the additional information or arguments provided by the applicant in response to the letter.

The immigration officer will consider the additional information provided by the applicant and may also review the initial application and any other supporting documents to make a decision on the application. The decision may be to approve or refuse the application, or to request further information or documents from the applicant before making a final decision.

The procedural fairness letter is a key part of the decision-making process as it provides the applicant with an opportunity to address any concerns or issues raised by the immigration officer and to provide additional information or arguments to support their case. This helps to ensure that the decision is made fairly and that all relevant information has been considered.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
obinwanne:

You can only make a fresh payment if IRCC contacts you that your previous payment was fraudulent. In that case, you’ll be asked to log on to your portal and make a fresh payment.
The procedural fairness letter you’re asking of, is it the one I wrote to them?

Which procedural fairness letter you wrote to them??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by reggy11: 6:59am On Mar 20, 2023
Thanks for your prompt response, I will go ahead and submit the new today I will give updates as it goes

Do not cancel ..one will be processed and the system will cancel the other later[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:13am On Mar 20, 2023
House34:

The letter is mainly a query; it has nothing to do with the decision-making process.

A procedural fairness letter is an email or letter sent electronically by CIC officer. The officer sends that letter to allow a visa candidate to respond to a query or concern about the documents the visa applicant submitted in relation to his or her visa application.

My wife received a procedural fairness letter for lack of funds concerning her first visa application. She was asked to submit updated bank account statements. 

They normally send a procedural fairness letter to allow the applicant to respond to an issue with his or her application.

@Obinwanne
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:18am On Mar 20, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

The letter is mainly a query; it has nothing to do with the decision-making process.

A procedural fairness letter is an email or letter sent electronically by CIC officer. The officer sends that letter to allow a visa candidate to respond to a query or concern about the documents the visa applicant submitted in relation to his or her visa application.

My wife received a procedural fairness letter for lack of funds concerning her first visa application. She was asked to submit updated bank account statements. 

They normally send a procedural fairness letter to allow the applicant to respond to an issue with his or her application.

@Obinwanne

No need argue you also right but the term *decision-making process* refer to the first few lines in ur wife letter whch explain why the letter was sent to her by the officer and the implication of not responding quoting relevant section of the law.that ircc procedure
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zubizareta(m): 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
House34:

This helps create an invitation code that you’ll need to sign up for an account.

https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Pls can I use this new portal link to apply for study permit or is it exclusive to visit visa??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yk45: 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2023
My father submitted passport his passport for stamping and just got it back but didn't get his biometric slips ( blue paper) back. How can I get it back or is there any implications?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

@Obinwanne

Why tag me to this your comment? I wasn’t the one who made the comment you quoted/responded to. I only corrected the person who made the comment. So, you can quote my comment if you’re responding to my comment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2023
Good afternoon House,

For students, how are you able to manage with insurance?

The person is going for a 1-year course in Toronto. Attached is the part that is required to bring along. Apart from showing enough funds, has anyone tried the other option?

Kindly advise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zirconia16: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
Good day guys, pls I need an advice especially from someone who has done same.

I applied for visitor's visa in July 2022. I'm yet to receive a response. However I had a baby in January and I want to apply for him too. Is it possible to add him to my already existing application or I will need to make a fresh application for him.

Pls if you have concrete information on how to go about this, kindly help out. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Muna0706: 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hi, Good people of this forum,

Please help advise me.
We want to apply for a Canadian visa for the family - me, my wife and my daughter.
My wife's sister is a Canadian Citizen and has agreed to invite us.

I have a job, and funding for the trip, I have been to the UK twice.
My wife is, unemployed and has been to the UK once, but it is her sister that will be inviting us.

the question is:
Who gives us a better chance as a lead applicant? me or my wife?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
slimanyd:

Lol. U never read the thread well. Application of May 2022 still dey wait and just enter background review last month. grin

I made my visiting visa application n May , 2022 . I'm still waiting for a favourable response from them .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Muna0706:
Hi, Good people of this forum,

Please help advise me.
We want to apply for a Canadian visa for the family - me, my wife and my daughter.
My wife's sister is a Canadian Citizen and has agreed to invite us.

I have a job, and funding for the trip, I have been to the UK twice.
My wife is, unemployed and has been to the UK once, but it is her sister that will be inviting us.

the question is:
Who gives us a better chance as a lead applicant? me or my wife?
There’s nothing like lead applicant. Since you’re funding the trip, and possibly you’ve got a good job with enough funds in your account, you’ll apply as a family. Remember, you have to show strong home ties since you intend going with your family. Give it your best shot by packaging your application very well. Remember, your LOE is as important as any document. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
ChiKen2027:

Thanks, bro. I believe in God for positive feedback. Now more than 8 months!

Mine is 10months ongoing 🥺
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
obinwanne:

There’s nothing like lead applicant. Since you’re funding the trip, and possibly you’ve got a good job with enough funds in your account, you’ll apply as a family. Remember, you have to show strong home ties since you intend going with your family. Give it your best shot by packaging your application very well. Remember, your LOE is as important as any document. All the best.

Yes, my bro/sis is right! On the IMM5257B, you will be the principal applicant and your form will have the travel history as shown below. Your wife's own will be the other option while her travel history will also be on the sheet. It is very good to have a detailed LOE to support your application if you are all going together. However, you should not rely on her sponsoring anything. Show the financial capacity to sponsor yourself and show a strong inclination to come back to your business/work if employee. If you are able to, secure some organized trips while in Canada and show booked itinerary.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
chlowi:

Mine is 10months ongoing 🥺

Chai, nawa o! I hope your eligibility started already.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hi,

What is your current application status?

When last did you check?

Regards,

chlowi:

I made my visiting visa application n May , 2022 . I'm still waiting for a favourable response from them .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
Zirconia16:
Good day guys, pls I need an advice especially from someone who has done same.

I applied for visitor's visa in July 2022. I'm yet to receive a response. However I had a baby in January and I want to apply for him too. Is it possible to add him to my already existing application or I will need to make a fresh application for him.

Pls if you have concrete information on how to go about this, kindly help out. Thanks.

I am not too sure about this but perhaps you should use the web form to include the passport copy details of your child, the revised filled IMM5645E form where you will now indicate that your child will be accompanying you, and a detailed LOE. That might be cheaper to do, and i believe it will work as such, otherwise, you might have to raise another application for yourself while adding him to accompany you.

Note also that your inputs might need to change on other forms. You need to pay attention to the declared amount available for your trip also to include your child. Good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 3:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hi,

I am not sure these forms are necessary on the new portal IMM5645E, IMM5257B.

Didn't come across these on the new protal.

Regards,

ChiKen2027:

I am not too sure about this but perhaps you should use the web form to include the passport copy details of your child, the revised filled IMM5645E form where you will now indicate that your child will be accompanying you, and a detailed LOE. That might be cheaper to do, and i believe it will work as such, otherwise, you might have to raise another application for yourself while adding him to accompany you.

Note also that your inputs might need to change on other forms. You need to pay attention to the declared amount available for your trip also to include your child. Good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Armah22: 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hello,
I’m trying to apply for a visiting visa for my parents to Canada from Nigeria. I’m currently schooling in canada. Please what are the detailed things I should submit to have a strong application 🙏 any reply will be appreciated please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Armah22:
Hello,
I’m trying to apply for a visiting visa for my parents to Canada from Nigeria. I’m currently schooling in canada. Please what are the detailed things I should submit to have a strong application 🙏 any reply will be appreciated please

Hello,

Follow the process as highlighted on the IRCC portal. I will assume they are coming purposely to visit you, so their visa application will be under the category of a family visit. And as you are a temporary resident in Canada, you will need to present the following documents:

Letter of invitation - A letter written by you to your parents. Details of expected info are below:
Travel History - A clear copy of 1 or more of the following: Your parent's previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside Nigeria), Entry and exit stamps, Study and/or work permits that indicate their duration outside Nigeria, Expired or Valid visas.
Itinerary - Copies of any of the following: flight details and hotel reservations - Very Important.
Account statement of your parents - I want to believe that your dad will be the main applicant and mum will be his spouse, Bank name and contact of his account (Just give MBS for this), Proof it is their account - Their name and address on the statement show that the account is theirs, Account details - At least 6 months of account details, including balances, helps IRCC understand their financial situation.
Employer information - If dad and/or mum still working, A letter from his/her employer can confirm that they have a stable job and will return to it. It can also show that his/her employer supports his/her visit to Canada. The letter should be printed on his/her employer’s official letterhead.
A clear color copy of his & her valid passport or travel document that he/she'll use to travel to Canada.
A completed IMM 5476- Use of a representative (IMM 5476)form - I believe you will be the one that will apply on behalf of the applicant. You need to complete this form.
A completed IMM 5645 form - This is where you will specify that his spouse, your mum will be accompanying him.

You need to scan all the pages of the passports both current and expired and join them together to attach them to the section. Also, please, let them show the financial capacity to take care of their trip themselves even if you are the one planning to house them. Tie to the home country is key, show more interest on the letter for them to come back home to. There is a section for additional document, this is where the letter of explanation will come in and if there are property documents/ business occupying their attention back home, you want to put them there together. Make sure the main applicant is any one of them that has a higher range in terms of finance/travel experience. Then your mum will be his accompanying spouse. Your letter of explanation should also be detailed and clear with purpose of visit detailed.

Alternatively is for them to visit as a tourist, on this, you do not need to issue any letter of invitation. Here, travel history, itinerary, account statement, passport, Filled use of a representative (IMM 5476) form, Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM 5475) form and completed Family information (IMM 5645) will suffice.

The guru's in the house can add what I might've missed.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2023
ChiKen2027:

Chai, nawa o! I hope your eligibility started already.

yes but that of my dependant not yet
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 9:21am On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
Hi,

What is your current application status?

When last did you check?

Regards,

current application status is ' WE ARE REVIEWING WHETHER YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT '

I check everyday
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2023
A minor?

You applied the same date?

chlowi:

yes but that of my dependant not yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (1102) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Derende(m), affoncad, mikeayus(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.