Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,893 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2306686 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 10:46am On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
A minor?

You applied the same date?

yes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 11:16am On Mar 22, 2023
Okay, i think that's the reason you have that status.

Did you guys apply as a tourist or visiting someone?

Any previous travel history?

chlowi:

yes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2023
good day guru

pls am plan to summit my tourist application next week, and i need advice on POF, i have company register account and Saving account....pls which one good for presentable, its sound 2 have #10.M as POF on company account or i should use my personal saving account wish close bal wat 10m as well?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hi,

In my own opinion, it's best to use both accounts, while you demonstrate funds in your savings account as the means of sustenance (to fund your visit), the company account(s) and documents can stand as tie to your country.

Regards,

otedola1:
good day guru

pls am plan to summit my tourist application next week, and i need advice on POF, i have company register account and Saving account....pls which one good for presentable, its sound 2 have #10.M as POF on company account or i should use my personal saving account wish close bal wat 10m as well?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
Hi Classicswagz,

Have you recently checked your profile in the last few days?

If yes, what is the status? What is your Eligibility saying?

Check these before going ahead with a new application.

Regards,

This is what my application is saying that is why I want to do another application so I want to ask guys I have an invitation letter now do I need to do police report and medical report in my application or it’s fine without it just my bank statement and properties.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hi, check the part of eligibility.

Regards,

Classicswagz:

This is what my application is saying that is why I want to do another application so I want to ask guys I have an invitation letter now do I need to do police report and medical report in my application or it’s fine without it just my bank statement and properties.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
Hi,

In my own opinion, it's best to use both accounts, while you demonstrate funds in your savings account as the means of substance(to fund your visit), the company account can stand as tie to your country.

Regards,

thx for your respond #Josephb
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
Hi, check the part of eligibility.

Regards,

Is this the eligibility page? If not where would I find it?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2023
People who just applied did you include police report and medical report?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2023
Look down ward little bit. You will see Review of Eligibility. After Details about your application status.

Classicswagz:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2023
obazi:
Look down ward little bit. You will see Review of Eligibility. After Details about your application status.

This is what it says

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2023
Classicswagz:
its not part of the requirements. Thats for students and permanent resident applications
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2023
ednut1:
its not part of the requirements. Thats for students and permanent resident applications
So all I need is proof of funds and investments and properties in Nigeria and the invitation letter for the application is that good enough?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2023
With this, your Eligibility has started, you may give it sometime before reapplying.

Regards,

Classicswagz:

This is what it says
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2023
Classicswagz:

So all I need is proof of funds and investments and properties in Nigeria and the invitation letter for the application is that good enough?
the requirements are listed on their website why not read it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
With this, your Eligibility has started, you may give it sometime before reapplying.

Regards,

We’ve been waiting since September 2021 so we’re tired of waiting at this point.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2023
ednut1:
the requirements are listed on their website why not read it
I have read it and those were some of the requirements I asked here just for clarification so anyone that has the answers can respond thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
A minor?

You applied the same date?

yes a minor , we visiting someone
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hi,

I guess your Eligibility just started not quite long, it's okay to wait a little more since you have waited for more than a year and a half.

Classicswagz:

We’ve been waiting since September 2021 so we’re tired of waiting at this point.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
Classicswagz:

I have read it and those were some of the requirements I asked here just for clarification so anyone that has the answers can respond thank you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/supporting-documents.html its not listed unless you are reading a wrong website . Investments and assets are not listed but you can include them to show strong hometies
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2023
josephb:
Hi,

I guess your Eligibility just started not quite long, it's okay to wait a little more since you have waited for more than a year and a half.

At this point we can’t wait anymore or else they answer before the end of the month
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2023
Most TRV application started eligibility review this month of February so just give it a wait now till the mid April they would answer soonest.
Classicswagz:

At this point we can’t wait anymore or else they answer before the end of the month
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Classicswagz: 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2023
Ikiloba:
Most TRV application started eligibility review this month of February so just give it a wait now till the mid April they would answer soonest.
Although someone here says if you apply another it doesn’t affect the other I am not withdrawing my application just creating another application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 12:04am On Mar 23, 2023
ChiKen2027:

Hello,

Follow the process as highlighted on the IRCC portal. I will assume they are coming purposely to visit you, so their visa application will be under the category of a family visit. And as you are a temporary resident in Canada, you will need to present the following documents:

Letter of invitation - A letter written by you to your parents. Details of expected info are below:
Travel History - A clear copy of 1 or more of the following: Your parent's previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside Nigeria), Entry and exit stamps, Study and/or work permits that indicate their duration outside Nigeria, Expired or Valid visas.
Itinerary - Copies of any of the following: flight details and hotel reservations - Very Important.
Account statement of your parents - I want to believe that your dad will be the main applicant and mum will be his spouse, Bank name and contact of his account (Just give MBS for this), Proof it is their account - Their name and address on the statement show that the account is theirs, Account details - At least 6 months of account details, including balances, helps IRCC understand their financial situation.
Employer information - If dad and/or mum still working, A letter from his/her employer can confirm that they have a stable job and will return to it. It can also show that his/her employer supports his/her visit to Canada. The letter should be printed on his/her employer’s official letterhead.
A clear color copy of his & her valid passport or travel document that he/she'll use to travel to Canada.
A completed IMM 5476- Use of a representative (IMM 5476)form - I believe you will be the one that will apply on behalf of the applicant. You need to complete this form.
A completed IMM 5645 form - This is where you will specify that his spouse, your mum will be accompanying him.

You need to scan all the pages of the passports both current and expired and join them together to attach them to the section. Also, please, let them show the financial capacity to take care of their trip themselves even if you are the one planning to house them. Tie to the home country is key, show more interest on the letter for them to come back home to. There is a section for additional document, this is where the letter of explanation will come in and if there are property documents/ business occupying their attention back home, you want to put them there together. Make sure the main applicant is any one of them that has a higher range in terms of finance/travel experience. Then your mum will be his accompanying spouse. Your letter of explanation should also be detailed and clear with purpose of visit detailed.

Alternatively is for them to visit as a tourist, on this, you do not need to issue any letter of invitation. Here, travel history, itinerary, account statement, passport, Filled use of a representative (IMM 5476) form, Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM 5475) form and completed Family information (IMM 5645) will suffice.

The guru's in the house can add what I might've missed.

Good luck!

Let me quote this so I can always come back to this very important information. Thanks 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:50am On Mar 23, 2023
Classicswagz:

Police and medical reports are not required for visitors visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2023
otedola1:
good day guru

Good morning,

I will suggest you use your personal account that has your name as it is on your passport. 10M naira(equivalent to > 25,000 cad officially) is more than enough if you are a tourist/Visitor for just 1 month, depending on your planned stay. I am not sure if you are the single signatory to your company account but know that it is a separate entity to you. However, on the additional documents, you can include the company account also to show a strong tie to your home country. If your statement is busy and shows a consistent business transaction, you pay tax, and have all related company registration documents, it is more than enough tie to bring you back to your country in addition to your family.

Nevertheless, make sure you clearly explain in your letter of explanation. You scan the letter of explanation on the first page and list the sequence of documents in it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Police and medical reports are not required for visitors visa

They are not required for Visiting/Tourist. However, if you have them and they are cool, you can add them to the additional document section.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2023
Classicswagz:

Bro/sis, just let it be even if you want to go for another, go ahead and raise another but leave that to continue running.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jhoney101: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2023
hello, I guess your Eligibility just started not quite long, it's okay to wait a little more since you have waited for more than a year and a half.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:26am On Mar 23, 2023
Classicswagz:

Your application is in the final stage because your application status shows that your eligibility has started. Also, they started processing your background check.

Because your application is nearing completion, you might want to hold off on submitting a new one, but if you are willing to submit a new one, don't cancel or withdraw your initial application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
ednut1:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/supporting-documents.html its not listed unless you are reading a wrong website . Investments and assets are not listed but you can include them to show strong hometies
Yes it's not listed on the webpage in the link. I was surprised at the simplicity as compared to when I applied some years back so I logged into my IRCC account and saw that the detailed instructions are still there. That's where he got the document list he's referring to:

Temporary Residents
If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
@Ashirioluwa
Please pardon my ignorant and question. kindly explain how visit visa is been processed. From Submission of Application,Eligibility Review, background check too and down to Final Approval.

Ashirioluwa:

Your application is in the final stage because your application status shows that your eligibility has started. Also, they started processing your background check.

Because your application is nearing completion, you might want to hold off on submitting a new one, but if you are willing to submit a new one, don't cancel or withdraw your initial application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Levels1(m), Confirm4real(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.