Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2349113 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amy66666777(f): 5:50pm On May 19, 2023
Emmafe:
Review from someone that traveled last week, she booked one way and wasn’t questioned by cbsa.

The Nigerian in me won’t allow me book 1 way ticket even after that review

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 5:53pm On May 19, 2023
Deronke1:
Thanks to everyone who congratulated me,,, may you be congratulated too very very very soon.

Please is it compulsory to book round trip or one way is fine?

For your peace of mind book a round trip. That does not mean CBSA officer would request to see it at the port of entry but in case questioning gets to that level, it clears the air for you.

The anxiety that comes with a secondary interview and inspection does not worth it. Safe trip and congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 6:01pm On May 19, 2023
Amy66666777:

The Nigerian in me won’t allow me book 1 way ticket even after that review
Lol I understand, whatever works.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 6:10pm On May 19, 2023
Make I hear say d VO no grant the visa sharp sharp after reading this emotions filled letter.😅😅
Deronke1:
Dear Visa Officer,

I hope this email finds you in good health. I am writing to you today with a heavy heart and deep concern regarding the delay in the approval of my visa application. I have recently learned that I am on the verge of missing one of the most significant and joyous events in my life—my elder brother's wedding.

For me, family has always been an anchor of love and support, and my brother holds a special place in my heart. Being my elder brother , he has been my role model, guiding me through life's challenges and providing unwavering encouragement. We have shared countless memories together. However, due to the unforeseen delays in the visa approval process, I fear I will be absent from his wedding day, an occasion that holds immense sentimental value for both of us.

The thought of missing this momentous occasion fills me with immense sadness and regret. My brother's wedding is not just a celebration of love and unity; it is a testament to our family's bond and the values we hold dear. It is a gathering of loved ones, an opportunity for me to witness the union of two souls and support my brother as he embarks on this new chapter of his life. The prospect of not being able to be there physically, to share in his joy, and to convey my heartfelt congratulations is incredibly disheartening.

As I write this email, tears stream down my face, realizing that I may not witness the exchange of vows, the tears of happiness, and the laughter shared among family and friends. The absence of my presence would not only affect me but would cast a shadow of melancholy upon my brother's special day as well. He has expressed his profound disappointment and his longing for my support, making my absence all the more painful.

I implore you, dear Visa Officer, to understand the gravity of my situation and the immense emotional distress this delay has caused. I have followed every step of the visa application process diligently, submitted all the required documents, and adhered to the regulations with utmost sincerity. I understand that visa processing involves meticulous scrutiny, but I kindly request you to consider expediting my application so that I can be present for my brother's wedding. My presence would not only be a source of comfort to my family but would also enable me to contribute to the joyous atmosphere that surrounds this significant occasion.

I assure you that I am fully committed to complying with all visa regulations, and I will respect the stipulated time frame for my visit. I understand the importance of adhering to immigration rules and the trust placed in me as an applicant. I am ready to provide any additional information or documentation you may require to expedite the process. Please understand the urgency of my situation and the impact it has on my family's happiness.

I appeal to your compassion and understanding, hoping that you will empathize with my circumstances and take them into consideration. Your timely approval of my visa application would not only fulfill a dream of being present at my brother's wedding, but it would also demonstrate the power of compassion and empathy within the visa application process.

Thank you for your attention, and I eagerly await a positive response from your esteemed office. May your decision bring solace to my distressed heart and help restore the joy that is slowly fading away.

Yours sincerely,

[Name]

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 6:12pm On May 19, 2023
CONGRATULATION

Deronke1:
Who dey breeeeeetttt

It's PPR for me oooooooooooooo.

Mehn I'm so happy, i feel like rolling on the floor.

After sending an emotional email, God did it for me o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 7:16pm On May 19, 2023
After 1 month, My medicals was updated to completed this evening. Abeg is it the same thing as passed because i am excited oh
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Truth2024: 7:26pm On May 19, 2023
zeb04:
After 1 month, My medicals was updated to completed this evening. Abeg is it the same thing as passed because i am excited oh

Go canada Student section or express entry depending on ur application,here Visitor’s visa people no dey do medicals.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:27pm On May 19, 2023
Hi,

I have seen this type of response before, i think on this forum also, those Nairobi Visa Officers are mercurial and temperamental, Lol, maybe you should direct it to Lagos and Abuja only.

Regards,

Emmafe:
After bombarding them with mails and Webform. Nairobi replied me. At this point na to wait for them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2023
josephb:
Hi,

I have seen this type of response before, i think on this forum also, those Nairobi Visa Officers are mercurial and temperamental, Lol, maybe you should direct it to Lagos and Abuja only.

Regards,

Thanks bro, this wait is really testing my patience rn.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 8:34pm On May 19, 2023
Greetings everyone
Please what does it mean when you use application status tracker to check ur application and u see CLOSED ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 8:36pm On May 19, 2023
No you don't need transit visa to fly for any flight as long as you going to Canada or US. Transit visa is required by those traveling to UK with non Africa airlines.
zubizareta:
Pls who has used Egyptair here recently? Do they require transit Visa?
What's the best way to reach their customer service? I have been calling the numbers on their site, and they aren't picking up.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 8:42pm On May 19, 2023
Jumms442:
you sent to Nairobi, is this the office processing your application on your bvl?, hmmmm apr 29 bbl I’m tired

Same here April 29 BVL and I can't even register on tracker as my datas is yet to be transferred to tracker. I am just tired and confused thank God I got UK visa few days ago which I'm using to console myself at d moment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 8:43pm On May 19, 2023
Deronke1:
Who dey breeeeeetttt

It's PPR for me oooooooooooooo.

Mehn I'm so happy, i feel like rolling on the floor.

After sending an emotional email, God did it for me o

Congratulations bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 8:47pm On May 19, 2023
[quote author=Baddestmaks post=123238161]

Omo…. Even me cry for u ooo…… 😭😭😂😂😂😂[/quot

Hahahahahahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 chaiiii Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 9:17pm On May 19, 2023
What about the white and yellow slip? Not needed abi?

Emmafe:
For us expecting ppr soon, the info will be useful soon.

How to submit & collect your passport

Print your passport request letter

Put it in an envelope with your passport

Go to DHL or UPS (One way)

Send to

VFS Abuja
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District Abuja Nigeria

You will get tracking ID when VFS gets the package and vfs will give u updates in your email as the passport is moving from one place to the other

Vfs will also send you mail when your passport is ready for collection

To collect your passport, you can either go between 12 to 2pm Monday to friday OR pay 18,710 naira to VFS for vfs to send your passport to you through UPS

If anything is not clear, you can contact vfs with call or live chat

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:30pm On May 19, 2023
Deronke1:
What about the white and yellow slip? Not needed abi?

Its needed.

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow/white biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee
N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2023
Hi,

Have you gotten BVL and PPR?

This is surprising if no decision was made.

EDIT: I just checked your past comments and I saw that you were refused, means a decision has been made.

Phemos:
Greetings everyone
Please what does it mean when you use application status tracker to check ur application and u see CLOSED ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:55pm On May 19, 2023
Phemos:
Greetings everyone
Means a decision has bn made. Check your portal for the decision.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 10:34pm On May 19, 2023
Hi,

Could you share what the yellow biometrics slip looks like. I only have a sticker pasted on the photocopy of my datapage🤔

Emmafe:
Its needed.

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow/white biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee
N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:36pm On May 19, 2023
Newbiein2016:

Hi,

Could you share what the yellow biometrics slip looks like. I only have a sticker pasted on the photocopy of my datapage🤔

Na same. They changed from issuing yellow slip to a white sticker on passport data page.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 10:53pm On May 19, 2023
Emmafe:
Means a decision has bn made. Check your portal for the decision.
Ok thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 10:55pm On May 19, 2023
Thanks.

Emmafe:
Na same. They changed from issuing yellow slip to a white sticker on passport data page.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 10:57pm On May 19, 2023
josephb:
Hi,

Have you gotten BVL and PPR?

This is surprising if no decision was made.

EDIT: I just checked your past comments and I saw that you were refused, means a decision has been made

Ok thanks but they refused me on the reason that I didn't say truthfully about the history of my previous visa refusals which I indicated. So I wrote for them to reconsider it. Does it mean nothing can be done again?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 11:05pm On May 19, 2023
Did you state your refusal truthfully?

To the best of my Knowledge nothing can be done except you reapply and address it.

Regards,

Phemos:

Ok thanks but they refused me on the reason that I didn't say truthfully about the history of my previous visa refusals which I indicated. So I wrote for them to reconsider it. Does it mean nothing can be done again?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreamchaser12: 11:22pm On May 19, 2023
Is it advisable to book air n b or an hotel reservation for visit visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2023
Dreamchaser12:
Nop, don’t make any reservations during your application. Focus on home tie, pof and outline your trip itineraries.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 11:59pm On May 19, 2023
If you are applying as a Tourist, either of the two is okay.

You need a reservation of Hotel if you are applying as a Tourist.
You don’t necessarily have to pay for it.

Most importantly; focus on your home ties.

Regards,

Dreamchaser12:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreamchaser12: 12:17am On May 20, 2023
josephb:
If you are applying as a Tourist, either of the two is okay.

You need a reservation of Hotel if you are applying as a Tourist.
You don’t necessarily have to pay for it.

Most importantly; focus on your home ties.

Regards,

Thanks for the information I have a valid visa already, just wondering which will be better because of immigration.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreamchaser12: 12:18am On May 20, 2023
Emmafe:
Nop, don’t make any reservations during your application. Focus on home tie, pof and outline your trip itineraries.

Thanks I have a valid visa already, just wondering which will be better because of immigration and border security at Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:23am On May 20, 2023
Dreamchaser12:

Thanks I have a valid visa already, just wondering which will be better because of immigration and border security at Canada
Anyone is fine then.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by queenG2020: 3:06am On May 20, 2023
[quote author=Phakabir06 post=123227155]Thank you, I have filled the application online. I didnt do paper application and have also made the payment of 18usd as you have rightly said. I have printed out the paper for the finger print will make it legible and send it back to them through courier. But my question is that I thought they said they share data with the united states. Because on my profile eligibility is completed, biometrics is also completed and only background verification in progress.

Yes they share data, I'm not sure why they requested it from you though because I didn't do any politice cert for my trv, but you will definitely need it for pr.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fascodagama: 3:42am On May 20, 2023
Hi guys,

Could you advise if it's okay to write Canada.ca just over a month after submission of application and biometrics. My departure date is mid June. My submission was done from outside Nigeria (Dubai).

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: dubaiboy1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.