Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2355501 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bmuhd4smile: 1:08am On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:
No, since your pof is intact.

Thanks alot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Faithluv5(f): 6:26am On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:
Congrats! Use your portal for him.

Thank you😊
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Samplay1: 7:48am On May 22, 2023
XYZJAZZY:

Means either your application has been refused or approved and your PPR has been issued

Those of us that can not register tracker with all the information provided then what is their faith? Since I received BVL I have been trying to register in tracker platform the ball will just roll without moving to the next step

Infact we are on the same boat
Received bvl since 27th of April but I cannot access the tracker, it just rolls and stay at the same point.
But I believe it's approval since no refusal
And dose that received bvl on 27th already got visa number on tracker in like 2 days after bvl
So am not worried
I believe it will end in praise
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sherriecoks(f): 9:42am On May 22, 2023
gimakon2:

A little research I made (Canada is like the US in terms of job seeking ) they can allow you seek for a job with a TRV , as a visitor or Tourist , but once you have a job , you have to switch to work permits . The company has to send you LMIA to work, and most times , it's allowed that you can apply inside Canada.

That being said, you need an offer letter to apply for an LMIA ( this usually comes from your employer as well as the contract letter showing how much your salary is) there and then you can apply for a work permit.
Canada wants everything documentary.
That's as far as I know. The experts here can add or debunk. smiley

Thank You for this. Another thing is how to know the particular employers that offer this LMIA for someone already in Canada.
Also does this apply to someone who is already in Canada and whose spouse is there also but waiting for Sponsorship PR visa to come out. and this Social insurance number that permits one to open a bank account, does it come with the wrk permit. sorry, i know its a lot of question but we should all be equipped with the neccesaary information because this tourist visa is quite limiting considering all that needs to be done to even start earning.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shamaaa: 10:02am On May 22, 2023
chiomapx:

Mine is 37days today....... April 13th...

So it means my PPR will soon drop... God please o make it happen..... I don wait tire, I don de loose weight o

BVL dropped since 4th of April... Still waiting too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2023
Shamaaa:

That’s a long time, this people just like unnecessary stress and headache. Hope you’re already bombarding their papa with mails and Webform?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Truth2024: 10:28am On May 22, 2023
Wetin Visitor’s Visa applicant do Canada?Student visa max 1 month visa Don show,we we go wait months,some 1 year,some 2,and still when we enter them go time us to leave, Student visa na him Sure pass I tell u.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2023
Truth2024:
Wetin Visitor’s Visa applicant do Canada?Student visa max 1 month visa Don show,we we go wait months,some 1 year,some 2,and still when we enter them go time us to leave, Student visa na him Sure pass I tell u.
I wished I listened to my spouse and applied for Sowp along with visit. I was reluctant because eligibility already started on visit application, I didn’t know they’ll still stress person after bvl.

My file was sent to lagos march 29, lagos used 1 month to send bvl (April 29). It’s over 3 weeks now no decision yet. cry cry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Benwems(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2023
Truth2024:

Does Canada study visa now take only one month to come out? I thought it’s 3-4 months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Benwems(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2023
Truth2024:

Does Canada study visa now take only one month to come out? I thought it’s 3-4 months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 10:57am On May 22, 2023
Shamaaa:

When did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:02am On May 22, 2023
Benwems:

Its now really fast, applications is now process in Ottawa not Nairobi. I’ve seen 1wk n 2weeks sef
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Truth2024: 11:06am On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:
I wished I listened to my spouse and applied for Sowp along with visit. I was reluctant because eligibility already started on visit application, I didn’t know they’ll still stress person after bvl.

My file was sent to lagos march 29, lagos used 1 month to send bvl (April 29). It’s over 3 weeks now no decision yet. cry cry
U for apply oh,I tell you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Truth2024: 11:07am On May 22, 2023
Benwems:

my friend him own na 3 weeks,e fast now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 11:48am On May 22, 2023
Shamaaa:

You will get it this week…

Believe....

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 11:48am On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:

hmmm it is well , I have spousal sponsorship goin on too but that one is another headache on its own , almost a month now no ppr, my tired is tired
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shamaaa: 12:07pm On May 22, 2023
Baddestmaks:

When did you apply?

1st Application Date (Old Portal)- 28th November 2021
2nd Application Date (New Portal) – 28th Jan 2023
Old Application withdrawn by IRCC: 4th April, 2023
BVL - 4th April 2023
Visa Details updated: 4th April 2023
Biometrics: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Background Verification: In Progress.
PPR - Awaiting
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2023
Shamaaa:

1st Application Date (Old Portal)- 28th November 2021
2nd Application Date (New Portal) – 28th Jan 2023
Old Application withdrawn by IRCC: 4th April, 2023
BVL - 4th April 2023
Visa Details updated: 4th April 2023
Biometrics: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Background Verification: In Progress.
PPR - Awaiting

PPR will surely come….

Let’s just be patient some more.. I know you have tried.. We have almost crossed the finish line.. 🙏

It will end in praises…. 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreamchaser12: 12:22pm On May 22, 2023
Shamaaa:

Send an email to all the email address provided earlier in this thread...that will definitely help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 12:27pm On May 22, 2023
Good morning all,

Just said I should drop this..

I noticed most of the applications from Nigeria are handled by the embassy in Nairobi Kenya.. I understand that they are handling lots of applications at the moment and they have given priorities to the likes of PR and Student Visa’s..

I recently contacted them and one of their mail boxes returned an error which indicated that the mail box was full..

So I came to a conclusion that most people who got Bvls and PPR same day or not long after BVL dropped was just lucky..

I believe we should just give them time.. Very soon, PPR testimonies will flood this platform🤞🏽

I wish you all a wonderful and testimony filled week 🙏

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:41pm On May 22, 2023
Jumms442:
hmmm it is well , I have spousal sponsorship goin on too but that one is another headache on its own , almost a month now no ppr, my tired is tired
I tire, family application should be priority. Maybe distance relationship is norm to them.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Benwems(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:
Its now really fast, applications is now process in Ottawa not Nairobi. I’ve seen 1wk n 2weeks sef

Thanks but do u know the docs required for study visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Benwems(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2023
Truth2024:

my friend him own na 3 weeks,e fast now.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 1:02pm On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:

Is it for both study and visiting applications?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 1:12pm On May 22, 2023
There is a public holiday today in Canada 🇨🇦

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2023
Benwems:

Yes. For better understanding, visit the study thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7255452/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 1:21pm On May 22, 2023
sherriecoks:

Thank You for this. Another thing is how to know the particular employers that offer this LMIA for someone already in Canada.
Also does this apply to someone who is already in Canada and whose spouse is there also but waiting for Sponsorship PR visa to come out. and this Social insurance number that permits one to open a bank account, does it come with the wrk permit. sorry, i know its a lot of question but we should all be equipped with the neccesaary information because this tourist visa is quite limiting considering all that needs to be done to even start earning.

https://jobbank.gc.ca

Start from there , in the search criteria , specify LMIA alongside other things you may want to add.

Depending on your skill, most peeps in Canada who have skills that are not white collar and say enlisted in the NOC, I think the work around could be to use a sponsor in this regard.

Start with jobbank , it's what most Canadians use.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:43pm On May 22, 2023
Hola55:

Is it for both study and visiting applications?
Study. I think Sowp is bn prioritize now as well. Visit rn is on God
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 2:04pm On May 22, 2023
This sounds like she'll be a child minder for the duration. So she'll be applying to work with a visit visa.

I have read a few stories a while ago about applications like these which get rejected so be mindful on how this is presented.

SweetJJ:

Thanks, how about POF?

The main reason for her coming is to take care of my kids while I am away for data collection for 3months (as per phd). Is this a solid reason to grant visa? I have the supporting documents to show that I will be away for about 3months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 2:42pm On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:

let’s see if they are going to use same 1mo th for the ppr yea may 29 , let’s hope
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2023
It’s PPR guys!!!

I will update later I’m still celebrating

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olarh16: 3:48pm On May 22, 2023
Emmafe:
It’s PPR guys!!!

Wow finally!
Congratulations 🎉
I just saw your BVL date…mine is April 27th

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.