Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2359209 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dinho10(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Good day house

Please all I really need a clarification on my brother’s application….he applied for a conference Visa in Canada since 2021 so when he didn’t hear anything from IRCC he applied again in march this year for another conference Visa in Canada… MAY this year he got ppr for the Visa of that 2021…my question now is that what will happen to the one he applied for this year march?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Oldfashioned145:
You can flag pole that’s something I heard most people do although it can be tedious

Firstly ,you need ask urself what is flagpole and what the requirement to change from vv to wv ,also read about lmia and see if it it easy..to be honest changing fron vv to wv is not easy and some are stranded becos it fail.. peolple vv is now easy but do ur reserach well before coming tocanada with visiting visa amd hoping to change to work visa..it a long process and not easy..l wish u all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olakunle10: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=Oldfashioned145 post=123633044][/quote] I think flagpole only works for people that have spouses that are legal residents of Canada I.e Student/work permit, permanent residents, citizens etc. It is highly risk for someone on visit visa without spouse in Canada to explore flagpole. But I advise you do your research. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ToyinOA: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hello house.
My mum’s PPR has arrived.
Application date - FEB 6, 2023.
PPR - June 7, 2023

Thanks for answering all my questions.
Now how does she submit her passport from Lagos please.

Thanks

11 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Esmeob: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
Please which courier partner does vfs use o? They said I should track my passport delivery via the courier partner website.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shamaaa: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Shamaaa:

1st Application Date (Old Portal)- 28th November 2021
2nd Application Date (New Portal) – 28th Jan 2023
Old Application withdrawn by IRCC: 4th April, 2023
BVL - 4th April 2023
Visa Details updated: 4th April 2023
Biometrics: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Background Verification: In Progress.
PPR - Awaiting

It's PPR guys...Since 4th of April. Thank God it ended in praise.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
What clarification again are you need? Since they have approved the one he applied for in 2021 right? They will cancel the other one

dinho10:
Good day house

Please all I really need a clarification on my brother’s application….he applied for a conference Visa in Canada since 2021 so when he didn’t hear anything from IRCC he applied again in march this year for another conference Visa in Canada… MAY this year he got ppr for the Visa of that 2021…my question now is that what will happen to the one he applied for this year march?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
They use UPS. But u HV to chat them thru webchat inorder to get d AWB number that u will use to track in UPS
Esmeob:
Please which courier partner does vfs use o? They said I should track my passport delivery via the courier partner website.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
Happy to hear of your safe arrival. I will also be using klm in few days but with 2 stops.
Enjoy yourself
Deronke1:
How can you say this?

Do you even know what I've been through in the couple of days here People sef ehn... You didn't even care whether i landed safely or not... Na i dey form boss...

It's well with you o

Well, nothing serious. I used KLM,,, Lagos to Amsterdam then Amsterdam to Vancouver.
It was so smooth aside from our Airport in Lagos that asks for bribe at every point, but me i didn't give them anything.

No questions at all honestly, i just followed the procedure and boom, I'm here.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dinho10(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=Gentlesoul3268 post=123636121]What clarification again are you need? Since they have approved the one he applied for in 2021 right? They will cancel the other one

Thanks….. my question is will they cancel or refuse?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shamaaa: 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Angelic992:

Hey good day, try this webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/76

I filled this one by 7:54AM the next morning I got a mail saying they are reviewing my file, 2 days later we got our PPR! Good luck and if it work tell me oo!!!

It worked. Thanks a lot for this.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Please I need someone to advice me on this.
If i have made a previous application on the old portal since the old portal is somewhat not a wise idea (And withdraw later on), can I make the application on the new portal? And do I still have to pay for this?

Please Let me know.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
Please how should I check it on tracker.
Have sent mails and webform but no response from them. Still on Eligibility reviewing since February 2023.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yinksdavid(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
Congrats, finally 👍 ne with. I submitted my passport at vfs, Lagos mid last week and got this email notification for collection at Abuja vfs. Please do I need to reach out to vfs to send to Lagos or will they do the needful by sending it to Lagos for me to pick up

Baddestmaks:
I just picked up my wife’s passport from VFS.. Omo na war… I went 1pm, I was only able to collect 4:56pm.. Please when going, go as early as 10am o.. I was asked to provide a signed consent form from my wife permitting me to pickup her passport, a valid ID card(mine) and our marriage certificate… Also don’t forget to go there with the data page containing your ref no when you went for passport submission…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinkhar(f): 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
Angelic992:

Hey good day, try this webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/76

I filled this one by 7:54AM the next morning I got a mail saying they are reviewing my file, 2 days later we got our PPR! Good luck and if it work tell me oo!!!

@angie88, did you try this web form for your kid? Maybe it would help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
You should get an email when it returns to VFS Lagos…

[/quote]

Yinksdavid:
Congrats, finally 👍 ne with. I submitted my passport at vfs, Lagos mid last week and got this email notification for collection at Abuja vfs. Please do I need to reach out to vfs to send to Lagos or will they do the needful by sending it to Lagos for me to pick up.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonee1: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
Please house what are the documents needed to be submitted for Canada TRV visa considering the fact that am going to be using a sponsor for my statement of account.

Urgent response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yinksdavid(m): 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Thanks bro.
So it means it will definitely be sent to Lagos. All the best to those who have heard from them and those waiting to hear from them.

Baddestmaks:
You should get an email when it returns to VFS Lagos…

Congrats, finally 👍 ne with. I submitted my passport at vfs, Lagos mid last week and got this email notification for collection at Abuja vfs. Please do I need to reach out to vfs to send to Lagos or will they do the needful by sending it to Lagos for me to pick up.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonee1: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
Baddestmaks:
I just picked up my wife’s passport from VFS.. Omo na war… I went 1pm, I was only able to collect 4:56pm.. Please when going, go as early as 10am o.. I was asked to provide a signed consent form from my wife permitting me to pickup her passport, a valid ID card(mine) and our marriage certificate… Also don’t forget to go there with the data page containing your ref no when you went for passport submission…

Please what docs did u submit? What kind of visa did ur wife applied for? Congrat bro

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
srke2022:
This was the longest ride ever, Finally ppr for me and my son
Application date for my son November 6, 2021
Application date for me and reapplication for my son September 2022
Bvl May 5
PPR, June 7

Good luck to everyone still waiting, this forum has been so useful!
Congratulation!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
ToyinOA:
Hello house.
My mum’s PPR has arrived.
Application date - FEB 6, 2023.
PPR - June 7, 2023

Thanks for answering all my questions.
Now how does she submit her passport from Lagos please.

Thanks
You’ve to book appointment on vfs website.

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow / white biometric slip

Put all this inside a brown envelope.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
I REQUESTED too from here till now I have not getting anything
shootmind:
I request from here

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

CBSA

I requested first week of February. Saw that info sharing and eligibility still in progress.

I requested May and June 2 I received file showing info sharing complete and eligibility complete.

Since it’s free. I just de request every 2 months lol
And today I got BVL. Waiting for ppr hopefullysmiley

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
Are they not doing walk-in for submission again?

Emmafe:

Documents:
-Passport Request Letter

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
Emmafe:

Documents:
-Passport Request Letter

How to get the consent form please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
tonee1:

Please what docs did u submit? What kind of visa did ur wife applied for? Congrat bro

Thanks it was TRV… My agent did the submission on my behalf.. I only gave him my bank statement, my CAC and other company and education related docs.. I also submitted my wedding certificat, my children’s birth certificates, landed properties and some other supporting documents.. Omo I don forget… I didn’t want to make a mistake, so I just asked my agent to help me with submission.. The more I type, the more I remember more things 😅
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angelic992: 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Shamaaa:

It worked. Thanks a lot for this.

Yayyyyy!!!! Congratulations 🎊

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shamaaa: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hello, is it possible to submit my passport for stamping from another country other than Nigeria where i did my bio-metrics/applied?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Yes. Just check the VFS website in the country you are in for further guidance as the process is pretty straightforward.

You'll have to pay a transmission fee because you had your biometrics taken in another location.

Shamaaa:
Hello, is it possible to submit my passport for stamping from another country other than Nigeria where i did my bio-metrics/applied?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oldfashioned145: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
He asked a question, I’m responding to the question.

It’s something a lot of Nigerians here do although it works out for some it doesn’t for others, if he wants it I’m simply stating there’s a route for the process of changing from VV to WP.

All the best

House34:

Firstly ,you need ask urself what is flagpole and what the requirement to change from vv to wv ,also read about lmia and see if it it easy..to be honest changing fron vv to wv is not easy and some are stranded becos it fail.. peolple vv is now easy but do ur reserach well before coming tocanada with visiting visa amd hoping to change to work visa..it a long process and not easy..l wish u all the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ehimav(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.