Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,450 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2404166 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (1129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
lekefew:

Congratulations!! How many hours layover in Amsterdam ?

I'm asking because I'm purposely looking for a layover of about 12 hours in Amsterdam, but I can't seem to find any. The max I've seen is 6 hours. I'm traveling to Canada and i have a Schengen visa, I'd like to get out the Airport for a few hours to see my friend in Amsterdam
Scroll down, the last flight option is always 12hrs
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2023
Mine too was refused. I have been down since morning. It is a terrible feeling, honestly. This was the reason, even though I did all that I needed to do. It really hurts, I won't even lie. I don't even know what I need to change in my next application, if I eventually re-apply.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in
your country of residence

Tegnaworld23:
My application just got refused just this morning, and my friend was approved, we submitted the same day. Funny part, I even have more funds in my account compared to my friend o lol, I even borrowed him money lol, this ircc people just dey make me laugh n enjoy cold beer this afternoon. Anyways, they stated they are not satisfied that I will leave canada after my study due to my financial assets blah blah. What do you guys suggest? Do I really needs to request for any Gcms note or should just repackage myself n apply again. Thank you guys in advance and good luck to us all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
Kemexy:
Mine too was refused. I have been down since morning. It is a terrible feeling, honestly. This was the reason, even though I did all that I needed to do. It really hurts, I won't even lie. I don't even know what I need to change in my next application, if I eventually re-apply.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in

Did you submit proof of employment or business?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
[quote author=estherolasupo post=123706632][/quote]

You not going about it rightly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
I submitted proof of employment and my payslips. Then I also uploaded my Brother and sister's statement of account as my sponsor for the short visit. They are both in Canada. I guess I should have also added my statement of account and additional money apart from my salary

Emmafe:
Did you submit proof of employment or business?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2023
Kemexy:

1.) What's your salary ?
2.) How many years have you worked in the company ?
3.) What's your role in the company?
4.) Did you provide enough documents to back up your application?

If you answered the 4 questions correctly, try again in your next application. Don't give a low balance in your visa application, exchange rates could be your enemies, try a work around for this and apply again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
Okay Noted. Thank you
Ruskov:

1.) What's your salary ?
2.) How many years have you worked in the company ?
3.) What's your role in the company?
4.) Did you provide enough documents to back up your application?

If you answered the 4 questions correctly, try again in your next application. Don't give a low balance in your visa application, exchange rates could be your enemies, try a work around for this and apply again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chux911: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
It's approximately 2 weeks now and vfs hasn't returned my passport, I submitted 26th may before the presidential inauguration 😭
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
Kemexy:
I submitted proof of employment and my payslips. Then I also uploaded my Brother and sister's statement of account as my sponsor for the short visit. They are both in Canada. I guess I should have also added my statement of account and additional money apart from my salary

I am really sorry about this temporary delay on your visit visa application:

a, Do you have sufficient balance to take of your duration of stay without including that of your brother and sister? If yes, I think you should use that approach in your next application.. I think the visa officer wants to be sure you are sufficiently established in your home country and since you are working, should have enough money to plan your trip without help from your siblings.

b, Give a detailed explanation how you intend to finance your vacation period based on your planned period of stay in Canada. Re-attach your last payslip at the month of re-application and proof of employment

I think the officer is not so convinced with your explanation on finances. Order your GCMS notes so you are sure of covering all the concerns of the officer.

All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Europ2018(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
I just arrived Canada, my application was even pull for secondary inspection, Toronto border security 😷

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
Congratulations, Enjoy your stay.

Europ2018:
I just arrived Canada, my application was even pull for secondary inspection, Toronto border security 😷
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oriadeade: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Europ2018:
thank God for the journey mercy pls share ur POE wen u relax
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
Europ2018:

I have heard alot of stories about this Toronto. Thank God you scales through.. Big congratulations to you.

EMI LO KAN!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx(m): 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
Julieni:

E shock me ooo... Wetin dog get do with visa application.

😂 😂
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrWalban(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
I paid for it I no receive any text message. Just email notifications.

Emmafe:
I didn’t pay for this thou, e-mail notification is enough nah. Also you can always track on vfs website, I don’t know if it’s necessary.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
Chux911:
It's approximately 2 weeks now and vfs hasn't returned my passport, I submitted 26th may before the presidential inauguration 😭

They will, God's grace. Just keep calm.
Try to also send them emails and ask in the regard of your status. That should also remind them of you in a way.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
Emmafe:
I didn’t pay for this thou, e-mail notification is enough nah. Also you can always track on vfs website, I don’t know if it’s necessary.

Thank you 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2023
Kemexy:

Yes, you should have added your own statement too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by occasion007: 1:38am On Jun 11, 2023
greetings everyone, please i am in uk with my wife as a student planning o how to move to canada but dont know the best rout. any advise pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 11, 2023
occasion007:
greetings everyone, please i am in uk with my wife as a student planning o how to move to canada but dont know the best rout. any advise pls

grin Hi,

No route is the best route , and every route is the best route. You better off making out with routes that suit your call, all visa categories have advantages and downsides. The major question starts with this , what do I want ? What is my skill and does it fit into the NOC (national occupational classification) of the province? Can this skill I have help me easily secure Permanent residence? Answering these settles ¾ of your problems. You can then have quality time to plan. The question you asked may make you be very vulnerable to "agents of darkness" who want to milk you of your sweat. You gotta be very careful around here. All that glitters are not gold as you deem fit.

Make up your mind. What are your plans on moving to a new country? Working in the UK, you should have had some income at some point , it's either you have patience and consider the FSW (Federal skilled workers) or you go with PNP (provincial nominee program) you in the end collect the permanent residence then make sure your skill fits in the NOC so you can easily get a job. The processing time is another thing you need to be aware of. It may take sometime. Also one thing to note, it also depends on territories and provinces of Canada , some provinces need a skillset , some do not. Now it's up to you to make your choices and do serious research. Challenge around PR is , they would want to attend to people in Canada first , before attending to people outside Canada. The rest , you know the end results.

Secondly you may take the route of the visit visas. Since you are in the UK , the processing time for this visa maybe faster. You can switch to work permit upon getting a good job with LMIA once you get to Canada, now this has to employ some form of skillset and if you fall into something like STEM (science , tech, engineering and medical) you can get a job quick and LMIA is sure. Probably after that your wife can apply for SOWP. Look up SOWP applications and requirements, I believe you can figure out a thing or two there. Else both of you can just apply for visit visa and switch later on, it's totally up to you!

Student visa on the other hand requires money. People deem this the surest means to travel , but you have to be financially capable and meet up with requirements of IRCC and the university requirements , before anything. Again, I don't see it as the surest means, because if I am 45 for instance, most universities may have problems with my age and what I'm coming to do in that school. It may even raise eye brows at some point in visa applications. Exchange rates shouldn't be a barrier here, since you have workarounds for that, you live in the UK. Unlike for those who live in third world countries.

On the other hand also, getting venture capital to finance your company is another good one after which, you migrate to Canada , provide jobs to over 20 Canadians and then secure work permit , before PR . The major goal is PR , but the process is really discouraging at some point when no VC finances your move into Canada. It's a journey and if you not open for this, you may get discouraged later on. Getting companies to finance you is not an easy task, their requirements may be taunting at some point... You have to write business plans and pitch decks and send to incubators and VCs , the reject email could be heartbreaking many a time.

It is your call like I said earlier. I'd choose the visit visa route , so once I get there I can choose to go in for one of the PR routes so processing times can be shorter since I'm inside canada , but that should vary when it comes to you as I do not know your skill and if it falls in the Canadian NOC and what skillset you have. So you have a lot of thinking and work to do, and planning. So putting everything in pen 🖋️ and paper 📜 , and talking with your wife in this regard is needed now. smiley

Phew , it's a long one. I hope you learnt a thing or two here.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by webm: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2023
Hi, I recently did biometric for visitors visa meant for conference. It’s up to 1 month and I haven’t heard back from them. Does it take this long? How long before I hear back from them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by samueldoomson12: 8:01am On Jun 11, 2023
Ruskov:

grin Hi,

No route is the best route , and every route is the best route. You better off making out with routes that suit your call, all visa categories have advantages and downsides. The major question starts with this , what do I want ? What is my skill and does it fit into the NOC (national occupational classification) of the province? Can this skill I have help me easily secure Permanent residence? Answering these settles ¾ of your problems. You can then have quality time to plan. The question you asked may make you be very vulnerable to "agents of darkness" who want to milk you of your sweat. You gotta be very careful around here. All that glitters are not gold as you deem fit.

Make up your mind. What are your plans on moving to a new country? Working in the UK, you should have had some income at some point , it's either you have patience and consider the FSW (Federal skilled workers) or you go with PNP (provincial nominee program) you in the end collect the permanent residence then make sure your skill fits in the NOC so you can easily get a job. The processing time is another thing you need to be aware of. It may take sometime. Also one thing to note, it also depends on territories and provinces of Canada , some provinces need a skillset , some do not. Now it's up to you to make your choices and do serious research. Challenge around PR is , they would want to attend to people in Canada first , before attending to people outside Canada. The rest , you know the end results.

Secondly you may take the route of the visit visas. Since you are in the UK , the processing time for this visa maybe faster. You can switch to work permit upon getting a good job with LMIA once you get to Canada, now this has to employ some form of skillset and if you fall into something like STEM (science , tech, engineering and medical) you can get a job quick and LMIA is sure. Probably after that your wife can apply for SOWP. Look up SOWP applications and requirements, I believe you can figure out a thing or two there. Else both of you can just apply for visit visa and switch later on, it's totally up to you!

Student visa on the other hand requires money. People deem this the surest means to travel , but you have to be financially capable and meet up with requirements of IRCC and the university requirements , before anything. Again, I don't see it as the surest means, because if I am 45 for instance, most universities may have problems with my age and what I'm coming to do in that school. It may even raise eye brows at some point in visa applications. Exchange rates shouldn't be a barrier here, since you have workarounds for that, you live in the UK. Unlike for those who live in third world countries.

On the other hand also, getting venture capital to finance your company is another good one after which, you migrate to Canada , provide jobs to over 20 Canadians and then secure work permit , before PR . The major goal is PR , but the process is really discouraging at some point when no VC finances your move into Canada. It's a journey and if you not open for this, you may get discouraged later on. Getting companies to finance you is not an easy task, their requirements may be taunting at some point... You have to write business plans and pitch decks and send to incubators and VCs , the reject email could be heartbreaking many a time.

It is your call like I said earlier. I'd choose the visit visa route , so once I get there I can choose to go in for one of the PR routes so processing times can be shorter since I'm inside canada , but that should vary when it comes to you as I do not know your skill and if it falls in the Canadian NOC and what skillset you have. So you have a lot of thinking and work to do, and planning. So putting everything in pen 🖋️ and paper 📜 , and talking with your wife in this regard is needed now. smiley

Excellent submission @Ruskov

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 8:34am On Jun 11, 2023
Ruskov:

You nailed it @Ruskov

Good writeup.. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2023
occasion007:
Study, PR or work is good.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2023
webm:
Hi, I recently did biometric for visitors visa meant for conference. It’s up to 1 month and I haven’t heard back from them. Does it take this long? How long before I hear back from them?
Only ircc can answer how long, my application took 8 months, some over 2yrs and other 3 months. Just take your mind off it n hope that process it on time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2023
Europ2018:
Congrats!

Pls kindly give us full details so people can learn. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Europ2018(m): 10:04am On Jun 11, 2023
Emmafe:
Congrats!

Pls kindly give us full details so people can learn. Thanks

Well it’s all my fault though, at the declaration stage I filled I was would be spending 60 days , while my application was just 10days I indicated I would be spending in Canada.

I also declare some food stuff and meat and fish. The officer pull my application started asking me questions from my application , like are you married where do you work , why did you not come with your wife , you apply since 2020 and you did not apply for your wife ?

He ask about the nature of my job , I told him I am an engineer , I explained everything about the job like say na jobs interview.

The funny thing is he ask me how much do I have here I told him 2000k usd cash, he said he want to see it , I could not find the money I left 1500 usd in my wife’s handbag at the airport. I was shock.

So I told him I will use credit card to pay for accommodation, how much do you have access to the card I said 5k usd, I login my bank app I have over 10m there.

Where will you be visiting he ask, I name three places, he for 2 months. Then I told him I will be visiting my brother and friends.

. Make I stop here I done tire to type joor

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2023
webm:

Pls did you submit your statement of account with your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 10:12am On Jun 11, 2023
Ruskov:

I'm in doubts , that was why I didn't respond.
Had wanted to say exactly this, but I don't want to sound like enemy of progress.
I'm trying to wonder how , a company would loan for visit visa purposes? I do also remember , you can use your employment letter that states your salary for visa application for Canada , him asking this is what I don't understand..

Pls if is conference through company no need of personal account, company need to state it that they would be sponsoring the trip with a clear letterhead.? Pls can you explain more better. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2023
Hope u later saw d money abeg
Europ2018:

Well it’s all my fault though, at the declaration stage I filled I was would be spending 60 days , while my application was just 10days I indicated I would be spending in Canada.

I also declare some food stuff and meat and fish. The officer pull my application started asking me questions from my application , like are you married where do you work , why did you not come with your wife , you apply since 2020 and you did not apply for your wife ?

He ask about the nature of my job , I told him I am an engineer , I explained everything about the job like say na jobs interview.

The funny thing is he ask me how much do I have here I told him 2000k usd cash, he said he want to see it , I could not find the money I left 1500 usd in my wife’s handbag at the airport. I was shock.

So I told him I will use credit card to pay for accommodation, how much do you have access to the card I said 5k usd, I login my bank app I have over 10m there.

Where will you be visiting he ask, I name three places, he for 2 months. Then I told him I will be visiting my brother and friends.

. Make I stop here I done tire to type joor
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2023
You wrote this like IELTS essay Sir. Very detailed.
Ruskov:

grin Hi,

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2023
After issuance of BVL or Visa number?
Kemexy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (1129) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: JMG12, flavann, adelekay71 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.