Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,285 members, 7,860,665 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:03 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2404476 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (1129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2023
mojisolani:

Pls if is conference through company no need of personal account, company need to state it that they would be sponsoring the trip with a clear letterhead.? Pls can you explain more better. Thank you

1.) Don't forget to always pray.
2.) Ask your HR / team leads to draft a company letter head confirming they are aware of the funding and how much they are funding with
3.) Attach payslips too showing your salaries for at least 3-4 months from the same company.
4.) This is overkill, would have said you asked them to get you a bank letter but somehow this isn't necessary for now. Stick to 1 - 3 above.
Peace!!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2023
Europ2018:

Well it’s all my fault though, at the declaration stage I filled I was would be spending 60 days , while my application was just 10days I indicated I would be spending in Canada.

I also declare some food stuff and meat and fish. The officer pull my application started asking me questions from my application , like are you married where do you work , why did you not come with your wife , you apply since 2020 and you did not apply for your wife ?

He ask about the nature of my job , I told him I am an engineer , I explained everything about the job like say na jobs interview.

The funny thing is he ask me how much do I have here I told him 2000k usd cash, he said he want to see it , I could not find the money I left 1500 usd in my wife’s handbag at the airport. I was shock.

So I told him I will use credit card to pay for accommodation, how much do you have access to the card I said 5k usd, I login my bank app I have over 10m there.

Where will you be visiting he ask, I name three places, he for 2 months. Then I told him I will be visiting my brother and friends.

. Make I stop here I done tire to type joor
Thanks for sharing, we’ve learnt what’s necessary. I no dy declare pass 3weeks, won’t carry anything that will require any checking, I no like stress.

Enjoy your stay!

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by webm: 11:10am On Jun 11, 2023
mojisolani:

Pls did you submit your statement of account with your application?

Yes. I did
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by webm: 11:13am On Jun 11, 2023
Emmafe:
Only ircc can answer how long, my application took 8 months, some over 2yrs and other 3 months. Just take your mind off it n hope that process it on time.

That means I’ll miss the conference. Sad!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:18am On Jun 11, 2023
You are welcome.

The experience with KLM was equally smooth, i mean there was free WiFi from LOS to AMS then to Toronto. The only thing I didn’t enjoy was the meal from AMS to Toronto. Other than that, everything was good.

Emmafe:
Congrats and thanks for sharing your POE experience. Hope KLM experience was smooth, I will be flying with them soon.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2023
Makibarbie:
You are welcome.

The experience with KLM was equally smooth, i mean there was free WiFi from LOS to AMS then to Toronto. The only thing I didn’t enjoy was the meal from AMS to Toronto. Other than that, everything was good.

Biko how was the meal? Was it better than the ones we have at Ethiopia ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2023
My layover was 12hours and i got fed up most times coz we were doing absolutely nothing other than walking round the airport.

I think the layover depends on the date. You can contact them to find out about this.

lekefew:

Congratulations!! How many hours layover in Amsterdam ?

I'm asking because I'm purposely looking for a layover of about 12 hours in Amsterdam, but I can't seem to find any. The max I've seen is 6 hours. I'm traveling to Canada and i have a Schengen visa, I'd like to get out the Airport for a few hours to see my friend in Amsterdam
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:33am On Jun 11, 2023
I made almost the same error, i was so tensed and praying they dont ask me.
My application was 60days
I declared 40days
And my return ticket was 78days.

I was just lucky the guy didn’t ask because the whole thing no balance. So guys be careful when declaring number of days in Canada.

Europ2018:

Well it’s all my fault though, at the declaration stage I filled I was would be spending 60 days , while my application was just 10days I indicated I would be spending in Canada.

I also declare some food stuff and meat and fish. The officer pull my application started asking me questions from my application , like are you married where do you work , why did you not come with your wife , you apply since 2020 and you did not apply for your wife ?

He ask about the nature of my job , I told him I am an engineer , I explained everything about the job like say na jobs interview.

The funny thing is he ask me how much do I have here I told him 2000k usd cash, he said he want to see it , I could not find the money I left 1500 usd in my wife’s handbag at the airport. I was shock.

So I told him I will use credit card to pay for accommodation, how much do you have access to the card I said 5k usd, I login my bank app I have over 10m there.

Where will you be visiting he ask, I name three places, he for 2 months. Then I told him I will be visiting my brother and friends.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:37am On Jun 11, 2023
Exactly, most importantly don’t carry meat. I don’t know how people travel with meat tho. Just go with mostly dry food including your vegetables.

Emmafe:
Thanks for sharing, we’ve learnt what’s necessary. I no dy declare pass 3weeks, won’t carry anything that will require any checking, I no like stress.

Enjoy your stay!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2023
Makibarbie:
Exactly, most importantly don’t carry meat. I don’t know how people travel with meat tho. Just go with mostly dry food including your vegetables.

Maybe they dry it, Kilishi standard.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2023
Lol, I don’t know o, i just couldn’t eat the food they gave us from ams to Toronto. I asked my fellow Nigerians and they all said same thing so I knew it wasn’t just me and i am not the problem. The Nigerian in us said not this one 😂
Ruskov:

Biko how was the meal? Was it better than the ones we have at Ethiopia ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ruskov:

1.) Don't forget to always pray.
2.) Ask your HR / team leads to draft a company letter head confirming they are aware of the funding and how much they are funding with
3.) Attach payslips too showing your salaries for at least 3-4 months from the same company.
4.) This is overkill, would have said you asked them to get you a bank letter but somehow this isn't necessary for now. Stick to 1 - 3 above.

Thank you so much, I have been to Ghana and US for conference through my organisation and the question asked at US embassy 2017 for the conference is who is paying for your trip, which i said is my organisation but I just want to know if letter from my organisation is okay and no need of putting my statement of account. I have been working same organisation for 13yrs and also going for conference in Vancouver.
Peace!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
webm:

That means I’ll miss the conference. Sad!

If you miss the conference, when you get approval get another conference you can use to enter. Still stay positive thou, anything is possible

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
Makibarbie:
You are welcome.

Woah, the free Wi-Fi will reduce boredom.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
What I learnt today for POE.

I will have to get my gcms, this should remind me how long I stated there, amount I stated I will be having for my trip.

And even at that..

Am not carrying any food items.. Might waybill it when I get there.... If need be

Not declaring more than 2 weeks.

Carry cash of min 2k.. Max 3k.. Others fit dey acc.

Travel lite.

Buy return ticket.

All this should save person at the POE. Toronto is even out of it tho..

Thanks guys for sharing.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erwinjstoff(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2023
How would you know if a visa is to be denied. What’s the time frame for it after submission?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temmrow: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Emmafe:
No institution borrow money to visitors, study loan is even limited to few universities.

Okay, thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Erwinjstoff:
How would you know if a visa is to be denied. What’s the time frame for it after submission?
Approval & denial will be updated on the portal.

For duration only ircc can answer that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temmrow: 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Please who know a good and genuine agent that can help in visit visa to Canada ?

Thanks you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for sharing…
Europ2018:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Detailed, thank you.

Ruskov:

grin Hi,

No route is the best route , and every route is the best route. You better off making out with routes that suit your call, all visa categories have advantages and downsides. The major question starts with this , what do I want ? What is my skill and does it fit into the NOC (national occupational classification) of the province? Can this skill I have help me easily secure Permanent residence? Answering these settles ¾ of your problems. You can then have quality time to plan. The question you asked may make you be very vulnerable to "agents of darkness" who want to milk you of your sweat. You gotta be very careful around here. All that glitters are not gold as you deem fit.

Make up your mind. What are your plans on moving to a new country? Working in the UK, you should have had some income at some point , it's either you have patience and consider the FSW (Federal skilled workers) or you go with PNP (provincial nominee program) you in the end collect the permanent residence then make sure your skill fits in the NOC so you can easily get a job. The processing time is another thing you need to be aware of. It may take sometime. Also one thing to note, it also depends on territories and provinces of Canada , some provinces need a skillset , some do not. Now it's up to you to make your choices and do serious research. Challenge around PR is , they would want to attend to people in Canada first , before attending to people outside Canada. The rest , you know the end results.

Secondly you may take the route of the visit visas. Since you are in the UK , the processing time for this visa maybe faster. You can switch to work permit upon getting a good job with LMIA once you get to Canada, now this has to employ some form of skillset and if you fall into something like STEM (science , tech, engineering and medical) you can get a job quick and LMIA is sure. Probably after that your wife can apply for SOWP. Look up SOWP applications and requirements, I believe you can figure out a thing or two there. Else both of you can just apply for visit visa and switch later on, it's totally up to you!

Student visa on the other hand requires money. People deem this the surest means to travel , but you have to be financially capable and meet up with requirements of IRCC and the university requirements , before anything. Again, I don't see it as the surest means, because if I am 45 for instance, most universities may have problems with my age and what I'm coming to do in that school. It may even raise eye brows at some point in visa applications. Exchange rates shouldn't be a barrier here, since you have workarounds for that, you live in the UK. Unlike for those who live in third world countries.

On the other hand also, getting venture capital to finance your company is another good one after which, you migrate to Canada , provide jobs to over 20 Canadians and then secure work permit , before PR . The major goal is PR , but the process is really discouraging at some point when no VC finances your move into Canada. It's a journey and if you not open for this, you may get discouraged later on. Getting companies to finance you is not an easy task, their requirements may be taunting at some point... You have to write business plans and pitch decks and send to incubators and VCs , the reject email could be heartbreaking many a time.

It is your call like I said earlier. I'd choose the visit visa route , so once I get there I can choose to go in for one of the PR routes so processing times can be shorter since I'm inside canada , but that should vary when it comes to you as I do not know your skill and if it falls in the Canadian NOC and what skillset you have. So you have a lot of thinking and work to do, and planning. So putting everything in pen 🖋️ and paper 📜 , and talking with your wife in this regard is needed now. smiley

Phew , it's a long one. I hope you learnt a thing or two here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ruskov:

grin Hi,

No route is the best route , and every route is the best route. You better off making out with routes that suit your call, all visa categories have advantages and downsides. The major question starts with this , what do I want ? What is my skill and does it fit into the NOC (national occupational classification) of the province? Can this skill I have help me easily secure Permanent residence? Answering these settles ¾ of your problems. You can then have quality time to plan. The question you asked may make you be very vulnerable to "agents of darkness" who want to milk you of your sweat. You gotta be very careful around here. All that glitters are not gold as you deem fit.

Make up your mind. What are your plans on moving to a new country? Working in the UK, you should have had some income at some point , it's either you have patience and consider the FSW (Federal skilled workers) or you go with PNP (provincial nominee program) you in the end collect the permanent residence then make sure your skill fits in the NOC so you can easily get a job. The processing time is another thing you need to be aware of. It may take sometime. Also one thing to note, it also depends on territories and provinces of Canada , some provinces need a skillset , some do not. Now it's up to you to make your choices and do serious research. Challenge around PR is , they would want to attend to people in Canada first , before attending to people outside Canada. The rest , you know the end results.

Secondly you may take the route of the visit visas. Since you are in the UK , the processing time for this visa maybe faster. You can switch to work permit upon getting a good job with LMIA once you get to Canada, now this has to employ some form of skillset and if you fall into something like STEM (science , tech, engineering and medical) you can get a job quick and LMIA is sure. Probably after that your wife can apply for SOWP. Look up SOWP applications and requirements, I believe you can figure out a thing or two there. Else both of you can just apply for visit visa and switch later on, it's totally up to you!

Student visa on the other hand requires money. People deem this the surest means to travel , but you have to be financially capable and meet up with requirements of IRCC and the university requirements , before anything. Again, I don't see it as the surest means, because if I am 45 for instance, most universities may have problems with my age and what I'm coming to do in that school. It may even raise eye brows at some point in visa applications. Exchange rates shouldn't be a barrier here, since you have workarounds for that, you live in the UK. Unlike for those who live in third world countries.

On the other hand also, getting venture capital to finance your company is another good one after which, you migrate to Canada , provide jobs to over 20 Canadians and then secure work permit , before PR . The major goal is PR , but the process is really discouraging at some point when no VC finances your move into Canada. It's a journey and if you not open for this, you may get discouraged later on. Getting companies to finance you is not an easy task, their requirements may be taunting at some point... You have to write business plans and pitch decks and send to incubators and VCs , the reject email could be heartbreaking many a time.

It is your call like I said earlier. I'd choose the visit visa route , so once I get there I can choose to go in for one of the PR routes so processing times can be shorter since I'm inside canada , but that should vary when it comes to you as I do not know your skill and if it falls in the Canadian NOC and what skillset you have. So you have a lot of thinking and work to do, and planning. So putting everything in pen 🖋️ and paper 📜 , and talking with your wife in this regard is needed now. smiley

Phew , it's a long one. I hope you learnt a thing or two here.

That part is harder than u thinking and people should research well before embarking on the vv to wv and lmia is getting extremely harder abd even with lmia ,ircc can still approve or denial ur work permit so think well and do ur research before face canada on a visiting visa and hoping to convert to work visa,some people are already in difficult situation based on hope of converting to wv and 6 month elpase and they become illegal

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Temmrow:
Please who know a good and genuine agent that can help in visit visa to Canada ?

Thanks you
I feel it’s something you can do yourself, you can try to go through to thread, if you need any question reach out we will help you here. But if you still feel you can’t do it on your own send a PM.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Story cuts short!

oluayebenz:
Converting VV to WP is possible but chances is extremely low.

Good luck to whoever going that route.
I'm out 🚶

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Loool, e no balance at all.

Makibarbie:
I made almost the same error, i was so tensed and praying they dont ask me.
My application was 60days
I declared 40days
And my return ticket was 78days.

I was just lucky the guy didn’t ask because the whole thing no balance. So guys be careful when declaring number of days in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
No o. I got BVL and refusal at the same time
mohammedabiodun:
After issuance of BVL or Visa number?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Has there been any visa application that the ircc did not make a decision on at last no matter how long it has taken for processing.?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
The reason I'm asking is that I applied since 2020 and no decision yet, not even bvl.... other 2 parameters completed ... Background check in progress since March. ... if they'll eventually make a decision even if it takes another 2 years
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Succeed04:
The reason I'm asking is that I applied since 2020 and no decision yet, not even bvl.... other 2 parameters completed ... Background check in progress since March. ... if they'll eventually make a decision even if it takes another 2 years
They will definitely give an answer, eligibility completed means work as bn done, probably background checks is delaying or the VO in charge is really slow. Have you reach out to MP?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kante2: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2023
House34:

That part is harder than u thinking and people should research well before embarking on the vv to wv and lmia is getting extremely harder abd even with lmia ,ircc can still approve or denial ur work permit so think well and do ur research before face canada on a visiting visa and hoping to convert to work visa,some people are already in difficult situation based on hope of converting to wv and 6 month elpase and they become illegal

You know all these things and you waited for him to give a response for you to Debunk. Someone shares information free of charge , you come here day talk something else. Rather than commend , you day debunk. Glad he did not even answer you.
Everyones star is not the same as yours. You can go. He is doing a good job here , you day do jealousy. Una go day do jealousy for everything.
Let him talk. If you have your own ideas , oga share.

Mxm

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
U created a new moniker just to post this? U shouldn't have seriously. Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. It's either u take it or leave it.
Besides, he never told u not to embark on such route, he only advised u to do ur research very well b4 embarking on such route especially if u don't have anybody there
Kante2:

You know all these things and you waited for him to give a response for you to Debunk. Someone shares information free of charge , you come here day talk something else. Rather than commend , you day debunk. Glad he did not even answer you.
Everyones star is not the same as yours. You can go. He is doing a good job here , you day do jealousy. Una go day do jealousy for everything.
Let him talk. If you have your own ideas , oga share.

Mxm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (1129) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.