Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2348555 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
jayfierce:

Someone just asked a similar question on the best time to apply. Please kindly read a few steps back.
I have to be straightforward with you as per your 5 months visit, it may bring questions as to why you stayed that long on a visit and your job actually doesn't show strong ties to your home country. Assets, family, and other businesses are other ways to show strong ties.
I used to believe that having a US visa or extensive travel history gives an easy Canadian Visa. That's a misconception. Please prepare.

The reason i traveled to the US in the first place is because of my job. Do i have to put any explanation as to why i was in the US for that long in my application? Also, i have traveled elsewhere for a month since then and i am back to Nigeria, would that count for something?
I have no assets, just my bank accounts and I'm a single girl and i live with my parents here in Nigeria. I have no family in Canada, just my friend (a guy) who is inviting me. He has been to the US twice to see me and would be in Nigeria also in December to see me. I just want to be able to go see him in Canada whenever i want to see where the relationship leads. I don't know if that is a good enough reason. He is a citizen and is sending me an invitation letter and he is sponsoring my trip.
Do you think i have a chance?

one more thing, I have a side business - i invest in my friend's tech company (buying and selling of apple laptops and iphones for people) which shows large amount of money going through my account to the company account in my bank statement. Do i have to explain this? i have no evidence (i don't pay taxes on the money i make from this) of this except my bank statement, just in case the VO is wondering why such large amounts go through my account monthly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:
Hi everyone
Pls when is the best time for me to apply for visa if i want to travel middle of January?

Also, i was in the US for 5 months this year on a visit visa (i can work from anywhere in the world) At POE in the US i said i was staying for 2 weeks and ended up staying for 5 months (very long story) Please do you think this would affect my application?

I still have a valid US visa and i have been to the UK and UAE for travel history
No time is the best to apply for a canada visa. All what you need is give enough time, depending on your programme or purpose of visit. Since you're planning to travel mid January, I'd advise you apply asap via paper route considering your intended travel date cos it seems faster than applying online(with proofs by those who applied via same means on this thread so far) As regards your statement......''I can work from anywhere in the world . This needs to be clearly defined to enable people in the house to assist you with relevant pieces of advice. Please note that, if your US multiple entry visa duration of stay at a given time is 6 months for instance and you have only stayed 5 months and some days at a given time, you've not flouted the visa rule in any way but you will need to explain in a letter to a VO why you had to stay that long, with detailed highlights and documents, where applicable. For the requirements that best suit your visa category, please take out time to read the comments posted by various members whose visa applications had turned successful in the past from the first page on this thread. Good luck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
No time is the best to apply for a canada visa. All what you need is give enough time, depending on your programme or purpose of visit. Since you're planning to travel mid January, I'd advise you apply asap via paper route considering your intended travel date cos it seems faster than applying online(with proofs by those who applied via same means on this thread so far) As regards your statement......''I can work from anywhere in the world . This needs to be clearly defined to enable people in the house to assist you with relevant pieces of advice. Please note that, if your US multiple entry visa duration of stay at a given time is 6 months for instance and you have only stayed 5 months and some days at a given time, you've not flouted the visa rule in any way but you will need to explain in a letter to a VO why you had to stay that long, with detailed highlights and documents, where applicable. For the requirements that best suit your visa category, please take out time to read the comments posted by various members whose visa applications had turned successful in the past from the first page on this thread. Good luck!

Thank you. i work as a procurement manager for a fashion outfit so basically i go around sourcing new unique pieces for the firm. I went to the US for a fashion exhibition in February (which is the what i told the officer at POE) and due to all the craziness with dollar, my boss told me to stay back and use that opportunity to attend another exhibition which was in May. Basically, i buy items from anywhere and ship back to Nigeria for the firm. i stayed the extra month because it was my friend's birthday (same friend inviting me to Canada) and he wanted me to spend it with him and so he came to see me in the US from Canada.
I'm not sure what documents i am supposed to provide to explain my long stay. If you could assist me with this.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:

Thank you. i work as a procurement manager for a fashion outfit so basically i go around sourcing new unique pieces for the firm. I went to the US for a fashion exhibition in February (which is the what i told the officer at POE) and due to all the craziness with dollar, my boss told me to stay back and use that opportunity to attend another exhibition which was in May. Basically, i buy items from anywhere and ship back to Nigeria for the firm. i stayed the extra month because it was my friend's birthday (same friend inviting me to Canada) and he wanted me to spend it with him and so he came to see me in the US from Canada.
I'm not sure what documents i am supposed to provide to explain my long stay. If you could assist me with this.
I see. Since you're an employee in a fashion outfit here in Nigeria, it's assumed you earn a steady salary each month even while you were away, am I right? The fashion exhibitions you attended in the USA...were they backed by invitations? Also, do you have proofs of purchase(s) like paid receipts,sales invoices, copies of airwaybills/bills of lading, etc for those fashion materials you bought on behalf of your employer? Sincere answers to these questions would be helpful. Since it was your boss who advised that you extend your stay in USA so you could use the opportunity to attend another fashion show( maybe in order to cut cost of repeat travels), it will be necessary your boss does a letter, explaining all these. There's nothing bad in cutting cost by your company if there's a genuine purpose for that. Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
I see. Since you're an employee in a fashion outfit here in Nigeria, it's assumed you earn a steady salary each month even while you were away, am I right? The fashion exhibitions you attended in the USA...were they backed by invitations? Also, do you have proofs of purchase(s) like paid receipts,sales invoices, copies of airwaybills/bills of lading, etc for those fashion materials you bought on behalf of your employer? Sincere answers to these questions would be helpful. Since it was your boss who advised that you extend your stay in USA so you could use the opportunity to attend another fashion show( maybe in order to cut cost of repeat travels), it will be necessary your boss does a letter, explaining all these. There's nothing bad in cutting cost by your company if there's a genuine purpose for that. Cheers

Yes i earn a steady salary whether i'm in the country or not which is reflected in my bank statement. The exhibitions i attended were free exhibitions which you just have to register for which is what i did on both occasion. I can get the invoices and airway bills for the purchases made by the company from the US throughout this year, all in the company name. I can get my boss to write a letter explaining all these.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:

Yes i earn a steady salary whether i'm in the country or not which is reflected in my bank statement. The exhibitions i attended were free exhibitions which you just have to register for which is what i did on both occasion. I can get the invoices and airway bills for the purchases made by the company from the US throughout this year, all in the company name. I can get my boss to write a letter explaining all these.
Great! In addition to the aforementioned, please you'll need something to show for the exhibition, even if it's a registration form you filled or an identification tag for the exhibition...just to justify your extended stay in US. This is very important. Sorry for asking all these questions but I think it could brighten your chance. As a single lady who intends to visit a friend a strong tie to your home country is key. In your letter to the embassy, you may refer to your friend as fiancé, instead of friend...That's just a hint. Aside from the salary you earn,do you own a property or land document to show, in order to boost your ties to your country? The fat statement you talked about, was it opened in your name or in that of your company's? Is the account steadily run or you just dumped a lump sum in-there? These are very important. You'll need to show proofs of transactions that had taken place in the account as you said you're doing business with it. To visit a friend in canada as a single lady isn't a bad idea but you must be able to satisfy the VO that you'd come back after your visit. After all there are people who regularly go for tourism with nobody inviting them and they always get their visa. You may need to ask your friend to visit the cic website for the requirements he'll need to send to you to buttress your application at home. You need to bombard these people with as much relevant documents as possible, to boost your ties and chances.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
Great! In addition to the aforementioned, please you'll need something to show for the exhibition, even if it's a registration form you filled or an identification tag for the exhibition...just to justify your extended stay in US. This is very important. Sorry for asking all these questions but I think it could brighten your chance. As a single lady who intends to visit a friend a strong tie to your home country is key. In your letter to the embassy, you may refer to your friend as fiancé, instead of friend...That's just a hint. Aside from the salary you earn,do you own a property or land document to show, in order to boost your ties to your country? The fat statement you talked about, was it opened in your name or in that of your company's? Is the account steadily run or you just dumped a lump sum in-there? These are very important. You'll need to show proofs of transactions that had taken place in the account as you said you're doing business with it. To visit a friend in canada as a single lady isn't a bad idea but you must be able to satisfy the VO that you'd come back after your visit. After all there are people who regularly go for tourism with nobody inviting them and they always get their visa. You may need to ask your friend to visit the cic website for the requirements he'll need to send to you to buttress your application at home. You need to bombard these people with as much relevant documents as possible, to boost your ties and chances.
That is just wrong and will not help her application

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:

yes the account is in my name, the reason i mentioned the large amount is because its way more than my salary and it goes in and different sums go out of my account on a weekly bases. My account is very active. My friend in Canada is sponsoring my trip so he is going to send invitation letter, bank statements, tax reports etc. I have no land documents or properties, just my bank accounts. I have two Nigerian accounts and one US account. I don't really have anything else to show for ties except my job. It's a good job and I've had the job for two years plus.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:

That is just wrong and will not help her application
Ok tnx. But don't you think just a friend in the letter would suffice? I felt due to her status, stating that could help her application further. Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:

yes the account is in my name, the reason i mentioned the large amount is because its way more than my salary and it goes in and different sums go out of my account on a weekly bases. My account is very active. My friend in Canada is sponsoring my trip so he is going to send invitation letter, bank statements, tax reports etc. I have no land documents or properties, just my bank accounts. I have two Nigerian accounts and one US account. I don't really have anything else to show for ties except my job. It's a good job and I've had the job for two years plus.

It's ok. property is one of the key requirements which could also boost your ties to Nigeria. Please submit all the aforementioned statements alongside your application and have your friend send all the relevant documents as indicated on the cic website to you as sponsor. Once all these are ready, you may apply asap. All the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
It's ok. property is one of the key requirements which could also boost your ties to Nigeria. Please submit all the aforementioned statements alongside your application and have your friend send all the relevant documents as indicated on the cic website to you as sponsor. Once all these are ready, you may apply asap. All the best.

thank you very much. Would keep you updated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
Ok tnx. But don't you think just a friend in the letter would suffice? I felt due to her status, stating that could help her application further. Cheers

Lying in your application will always come back to hunt you no matter how long it takes.

We shouldn't be shortsighted when dealing with immigration issues, her tie to Nigeria is the most important thing than whoever is inviting her.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:

Lying in your application will always come back to hunt you no matter how long it takes.

We shouldn't be shortsighted when dealing with immigration issues, her tie to Nigeria is the most important thing than whoever is inviting her.
But my advice never suggested any form of lies here. She's a single lady who's planning to visit her 'boyfriend' who had also gone to visit her while she was in US, from Canada... she doesn't have to state in clear terms to anybody to know who the guy is. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
But my advice never suggested any form of lies here. She's a single lady who's planning to visit her 'boyfriend' who had also gone to visit her while she was in US, from Canada... she doesn't have to state in clear terms to anybody to know who the guy is. Thank you.
Are you serious? She should call her boyfriend her fiancé? Are the two the same? What evidence will she present apart from visitation Awelekiti? Is visitation a proof of engagement? Do you think IRCC won't sniff out that misrepresentation?

Sometimes not everyone passes IRCC requirements to go Canada on a visit visa and that's the truth. Let's tell people the truth on this thread please and save their money.

@demidabbs, Even if your sponsor has double Citizenship, he can not deliver you from the scrutiny of IRCC on your home ties. Take your time to prepare yourself and build your ties. DO NOT LIE that he is your fiance please.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
jayfierce:
Are you serious? She should call her boyfriend her fiancé? Are the two the same? What evidence will she present apart from visitation Awelekiti? Is visitation a proof of engagement? Do you think IRCC won't sniff out that misrepresentation?

Sometimes not everyone passes IRCC requirements to go Canada on a visit visa and that's the truth. Let's tell people the truth on this thread please and save their money.

@demidabbs, Even if your sponsor has double Citizenship, he can not deliver you from the scrutiny of IRCC on your home ties. Take your time to prepare yourself and build your ties. DO NOT LIE that he is your fiance please.

@Jayfierce, rather than pick out people's wrong in every answer make your own suggestions, especially when the person took out dedicated time to answer the question. People come to this forum seeking for answer's they get answers from different sources it is left for them to filter and apply the ones they choose. Don't always be on the attacking side or could it be from the name you chose. Just my advise. I have followed your reaction whenever Awelekiti answers question, it looks like you have other problems with him. Please deal with the problem outside the forum. THanks for understanding.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
geotherm:

@Jayfierce, rather than pick out people's wrong in every answer make your own suggestions, especially when the person took out dedicated time to answer the question. People come to this forum seeking for answer's they get answers from different sources it is left for them to filter and apply the ones they choose. Don't always be on the attacking side or could it be from the name you chose. Just my advise. I have followed your reaction whenever Awelekiti answers question, it looks like you have other problems with him. Please deal with the problem outside the forum. THanks for understanding.

You are doing exactly what you just accused Jayfierce of doing.

In a public forum like this we have to endeavour to say things as its and not to encourage people to misrepresent facts

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:

You are doing exactly what you just accused Jayfierce of doing.

In a public forum like this we have to endeavour to say things as its and not to encourage people to misrepresent facts

Anyone relying on public forum to solve problems should be ready to sit down and consider all suggestions and make decisions. how sure are we who is right and wrong. If you know it all you won't be in this forum

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:

I have to disagree with you on that, i picked on your post because of the section where you suggested referring to a boyfriend as fiancé.

There is nothing wrong in stated clearly that she is visiting her friend whether male or female, it makes things easier for future application and for her own immigration profile as well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
geotherm:

Anyone relying on public forum to solve problems should be ready to sit down and consider all suggestions and make decisions. how sure are we who is right and wrong. If you know it all you won't be in this forum

If i knew it all where do you think i should be?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

If i knew it all where do you think i should be?

You will be working at CIC or IRCC. The truth is that nobody has figured it all out because everyone is treated differently based on their circumstances. But we usually satisfy our conscience by subitting beyound the basic requirements to convince the VO. Forums like this has contributed to my successful applications both study visit and PR but I filter all suggestions. I have been told several times in this forum not to communicate CIC in the course of my application, I did because I had special reason to do so and that even made my application response time faster.

I am not stereotype in my approach especially when it comes to visa application because I see the VOs as human beings that can reason well and make decisions based on what they have. They dont go about witch hunting people, except that you have to first be truthful to yourself then it will be easier to deal with them, because being truthful and genuine makes their work easier.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
geotherm:

You will be working at CIC or IRCC. The truth is that nobody has figured it all out because everyone is treated differently based on their circumstances. But we usually satisfy our conscience by subitting beyound the basic requirements to convince the VO. Forums like this has contributed to my successful applications both study visit and PR but I filter all suggestions. I have been told several times in this forum not to communicate CIC in the course of my application, I did because I had special reason to do so and that even made my application response time faster.

I am not stereotype in my approach especially when it comes to visa application because I see the VOs as human beings that can reason well and make decisions based on what they have. They dont go about witch hunting people, except that you have to first be truthful to yourself then it will be easier to deal with them, because being truthful and genuine makes their work easier.

If you knew all that then why were you sweating over jayfierce's post? Was that not the whole argument here?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

If you knew all that then why were you sweating over jayfierce's post? Was that not the whole argument here?

I thought you got my point. I will rephrase it. I am not saying whether he is wrong or right. Yes in this case he might be wrong or he is wrong but my point is before we point out people's wrong let us form the habit of also highlighting their right answers because once you focus on the negative you will place a doubt on the 90% of his answers and focus on the 10% thereby confusing the person who asks the question as to what to believe. In summary commend his 90% and point out the 10% that is wrong and proffer a better solution to the wrong. Don't just shout "it is a lie!" without given the questionaire a better solution.

We learn everyday, the truth is that I am too selfish. Because I visit forums like this only when I have an ongoing application, therefore I respect and commend those of you who are consistently in the habit of helping people out, it is not easy. I reappeared because I helped my younger brother apply for his study permit and as soon as he got it I stopped visiting the other forum. I am currently here because I have an ongoing application for vsiiting visa for my parents and in laws. Therefore I respect you guys and will never pick querrel with anyone of you because you are better off than me in helping out.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:

thank you very much. Would keep you updated.

Kindly highlight the reasons why you "know" that you that spent 5 months in the US on a visiting visa (I understand, your case looks some extent not bad, I read your reasons already, and one of those months was as a result of this "boyfriend"/" fiance" of yours! Right?) will now exit Canada on time (FYI, both countries share info with each other). Do you think the US is still open to you despite having a valid visa? Seems you have got to just be with him though (before issues arise from your usage of your US visa so far), and you ain't slacking no more at all. IMO, it is much more like he's the most important thing to you now, even priced higher than your job. What is that thing that ties you to Nigeria than where this person is?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:

Please in order to set the record straight, who's the guy to you? Your fiance or just a friend? This will save my head from these young brothers from different mothers grin. Please I need your honest and quick response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
Please in order to set the record straight, who's the guy to you? Your fiance or just a friend? This will save my head from these young brothers from different mothers grin. Please I need your honest and quick response.

Lolz! So, you get wetin dey dread you at all?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
geotherm:

Please just ignore all that so you won't be hit hard just like me. I've sent the young lady a message here already, awaiting her kind response. I hope this will lay the whole argument of fiance/friendship to rest. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
D
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! So, you get wetin dey dread you at all?
dread ke? Far from that bro.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:

The reason i traveled to the US in the first place is because of my job. Do i have to put any explanation as to why i was in the US for that long in my application? Also, i have traveled elsewhere for a month since then and i am back to Nigeria, would that count for something?
I have no assets, just my bank accounts and I'm a single girl and i live with my parents here in Nigeria. I have no family in Canada, just my friend (a guy) who is inviting me. He has been to the US twice to see me and would be in Nigeria also in December to see me. I just want to be able to go see him in Canada whenever i want to see where the relationship leads. I don't know if that is a good enough reason. He is a citizen and is sending me an invitation letter and he is sponsoring my trip.
Do you think i have a chance?

one more thing, I have a side business - i invest in my friend's tech company (buying and selling of apple laptops and iphones for people) which shows large amount of money going through my account to the company account in my bank statement. Do i have to explain this? i have no evidence (i don't pay taxes on the money i make from this) of this except my bank statement, just in case the VO is wondering why such large amounts go through my account monthly.

@Awelekiti: See the bolded and most of that paragraph too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
@geotherm. Been smiling about your comment about my name. Really amusing. Nice points though. However, the %10 you refer to as "wrong" is actually beyond "wrong" sir. It is simply illegal and we condemn illegality in the strongest terms sir. The world reads this forum and we can't afford to pat illegality softly.

All I desire is simply to advise according to the rules whether it is Nairaland or IRCC. For goodness sake, please name any that embassy accepts extra documents after you've submitted your application? I wonder what an IRCC Officer would say if he reads that. He may just smile and say "Nigerians again. Wonderful people"

You are right though about the beef, just not about the person. I've got a beef against anyone who makes us look stupid in the eyes of the world. Against anyone who makes us look as if we like to "conceal" or do anything to get a visa. I am passionate about it and even harsh, but it's who I am and what I stand for.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2016
^^^
My input: Putting fiance, instead of a friend, may complicate issues. I think it is better to put it as friend.

By the way, I do read that foreign missions/embassies share information with each other, e.g. Canada/USA. How true is this? Is it legal? I am just asking though.

For discussion/clarification sake, what serve(s) as home tie?

Good morning friends and a pleasant week to all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
By the way, I do read that foreign missions/embassies share information with each other, e.g. Canada/USA. How true is this? Is it legal? I am just asking though.
Good morning sir. Yes they do and It's legal because you agreed/signed that they can share information on your application with other bodies.
RedReact:
^^^
For discussion/clarification sake, what serve(s) as home tie?
From the Visa officers guide notes:

Ties to Canada or country of residence
3. What ties do you have with Canada?

Things to consider:

Who invited the person to Canada? Is there proof of an invitation?
Does the person have family in Canada? If so, what is their immigration status in Canada?

4. What ties do you have with your country of residence?

Things to consider:

Is the person employed? If yes, at what salary? In what position? Has the applicant's employer approved a request for leave?
What family does the person have in the country of residence? Where were they at the time of the application?
Does the person have property? What is the value of the property?
What financial obligations is the person leaving behind? What is the nature and value of these obligations?
What other responsibilities and obligations is the person leaving behind? How will they be discharged?
Is travel consistent with local customs or practices? Has the person travelled before?

Additional information: Even if the person’s ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. Consider these factors in the assessment.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2016
Thanks Jayfierce.
I just want us to look at my question from the last paragraph angle; which I believe is responsible for denials from this part of the world.
Someone has good job, family but no landed property, let's assume. What can be claimed as home-tie, which is of economic value?
Someone has good job, landed property, the landed property makes a home-tie. If the visa is granted can't such a person sell the property while over there and have nothing to tie to?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Oladim001(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.