Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2313001 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1096) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Kindly highlight the reasons why you "know" that you that spent 5 months in the US on a visiting visa (I understand, your case looks some extent not bad, I read your reasons already, and one of those months was as a result of this "boyfriend"/" fiance" of yours! Right?) will now exit Canada on time (FYI, both countries share info with each other). Do you think the US is still open to you despite having a valid visa? Seems you have got to just be with him though (before issues arise from your usage of your US visa so far), and you ain't slacking no more at all. IMO, it is much more like he's the most important thing to you now, even priced higher than your job. What is that thing that ties you to Nigeria than where this person is?

I could always go back to the US if i wanted to. But that isn't the case now. As for home ties, i don't think i have any strong ties asides the fact that i live with my parents and that is why i was asking what else would suffice as 'home ties' as i have no land or property.
What explanation do you suggest i give? Because i just typed out the honest truth earlier in the reasons i stayed 5 months.
Due to these reasons, i came to you guys for help. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
awelekiti:
Please in order to set the record straight, who's the guy to you? Your fiance or just a friend? This will save my head from these young brothers from different mothers grin. Please I need your honest and quick response.

He isn't my fiance or boyfriend. We are friends and we like each other and if a relationship is going to work between us, we need to know that i would be able to visit Canada at any time and not just him coming to see me every time. I hope that explains it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
DemiDabbs:

I could always go back to the US if i wanted to. But that isn't the case now. As for home ties, i don't think i have any strong ties asides the fact that i live with my parents and that is why i was asking what else would suffice as 'home ties' as i have no land or property.
What explanation do you suggest i give? Because i just typed out the honest truth earlier in the reasons i stayed 5 months.
Due to these reasons, i came to you guys for help. Thank you.

Perhaps if you have "fixed deposit investments" with a bank OR "Investments in Nigerian Treasury bills or bond" OR equities(stock holder), such could suffice too. But then I believe the volume of these investments may determine how they regard it to stand for you as home ties, just my opinion. Gurus in the house can add or remove from the above listed but it works. I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetgal81: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.

Please what are the ways

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
DemiDabbs:

He isn't my fiance or boyfriend. We are friends and we like each other and if a relationship is going to work between us, we need to know that i would be able to visit Canada at any time and not just him coming to see me every time. I hope that explains it.
Thanks for your reply. In this case, stating that he's your friend in your application would be more appropriate and transparent. Kindly note that I didn't mean to say you should lie in your application by saying he's your fiance. That was what I assumed and I was wrong about my assumption. Sorry about that. Good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 11:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
he(jayfierce) always does that! who's this fellow?..anyways a guy came to visit a lady 2xce in US nd plan to visit her in nigeria...so what do you call that..? just friend? NO! how many of you will do that for a "friend"...
geotherm:

@Jayfierce, rather than pick out people's wrong in every answer make your own suggestions, especially when the person took out dedicated time to answer the question. People come to this forum seeking for answer's they get answers from different sources it is left for them to filter and apply the ones they choose. Don't always be on the attacking side or could it be from the name you chose. Just my advise. I have followed your reaction whenever Awelekiti answers question, it looks like you have other problems with him. Please deal with the problem outside the forum. THanks for understanding.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 08, 2016
nam16:
he(jayfierce) always does that! who's this fellow?..anyways a guy came to visit a lady 2xce in US nd plan to visit her in nigeria...so what do you call that..? just friend? NO! how many of you will do that for a "friend"...
Thank you for your input. The matter has been laid to rest already. Nobody is above mistakes and nobody is IRCC/CIC here. What amazes me most is that, some people give pieces of advice on this forum as if they are IRCC. They have forgotten that circumstances and experiences of applicants differ. Probably because they're so lucky to have got a Canada visa based on their own circumstances, they believe such circumstances are applicable in all applications and cases. They think IRCC/CIC are angels, who don't reason nor make mistakes like human beings. Applicants' documents have been returned incomplete in the past...it had happened to me in 2006. I contacted them and got my documents back. That was the time CIC was still requesting original documents before VFS and online application were introduced. Applicants' documents have been mixedup in t past, etc. They're not angels. If I said I submitted a vital document that could have helped my application, backing it with letters with enough proofs that showed it wasn't a deliberate action after my documents had already been submitted and you're doubting it, acting as if you're a visa officer, then it's your palaver. It is needless to say or share what I didn't experience in this forum during my past quest for a Canada visa at this stage of my life. I won't be doing applicants any favour by doing so. I've been called names here in the past but I'm not moved by that because many of them are old enough to be the least staff under my payroll and that's a fact. My present Canada visa will be my 4th, and the 45th, if added to other embassies I'd got their visas globally so, why would I attempt to mislead young applicants here? It won't do me any good. If an embassy says you shouldn't send them emails on your case and because of that, you kept quiet and ignored some vital issues that could have helped your application by not emailing them, if your visa outcome turns negative, you should blame yourself. That does not mean you shouldn't double-check or scrutinise your application and documents before submitting it, to avoid refusal. CIC states clearly on their website that once an application was submitted, you couldn't send-in more documents....they know if people are given such an opportunity, it would be abused, likewise sending them emails because it could either distract them or delay their applications. Here in this forum, I apply my case and experience most of the time and that doesn't mean I know it all. It doesn't also mean I'm perfect. There are people with different experiences and cases. But in a situation where somebody is claiming superiority and acts as if he's IRCC, creating fears in the minds of the people who need help, that's a big problem and it's totally unacceptable. No matter people's negative feelings about me, I'm not deterred. I'm anonymous and I'd always remain one. I'm a comfortable businessman and I thank God for that. I only come here at my leisure or when I feel like taking a break from my work schedule to post comments. I've got more important things to do than attend to people's reactions. At times, silence is just more than ''the best answer'' for such people. Have a great day.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2016
Awelekiti, Nam16, derbyy abi na suredebee.....did I miss out any other moniker?

Nam16, congratulations on having travelled to 192 countries. You are upset because I didn't celebrate you, our very own Nigerian who has broken the Guinness book of records. Am sorry. God bless your efforts!

Awelekiti, congratulations on having 45 global visas. Please note again that I wasn't the one that pointed out that you asked an applicant to lie. It was a moderator please. I only commented after you kept insisting on defending the wrong path.

Free life and forum tips for you my friend:
1. Avoid being temperamental. People must criticise you. They criticise harder when you suggest falsehood and illegality.
2. Apply the principle of conflict resolution to avoid escalation.
3. Always leave yourself room to retract your words. Simply apologise when you are wrong.
4. Information is constantly evolving. You shouldn't rely on outdated experience.
5. Keep It Short & Simple(KISS). I am guilty of this sometimes but I don't do it telling people how wonderful and well made I am. Leave your biography outside your answers.
awelekiti:
I've been called names here in the past but I'm not moved by that because many of them are old enough to be the least staff under my payroll and that's a fact.
Finally, you don't really know anyone here so why did you say this? You don't know if someone here can pay your salary. I forgive you. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2016
jayfierce:
Awelekiti, Nam16, derby.....did I miss out any other moniker?

Nam16, congratulations on having travelled to 192 countries. You are upset because I didn't celebrate you, our very own Nigerian who has broken the Guinness book of records. Am sorry. God bless your efforts!

Awelekiti, congratulations on having 45 global visas. Please note again that I wasn't the one that pointed out that you asked an applicant to lie. It was a moderator please. I only commented after you kept insisting on defending the wrong path.

Free life and forum tips for you my friend:
1. Avoid being temperamental. People must criticise you. They criticise harder when you suggest falsehood and illegality.
2. Apply the principle of conflict resolution to avoid escalation.
3. Always leave yourself room to retract your words. Simply apologise when you are wrong.
4. Information is constantly evolving. You shouldn't rely on outdated experience.
5. Keep It Short & Simple(KISS). I am guilty of this sometimes but I don't do it telling people how wonderful and well made I am. Leave your biography outside your answers.
Finally, you don't really know anyone here so why did you say this? You don't know if someone here can pay your salary. I forgive you. kiss
Hahahaha. J for jayfierce!!!! Maybe you still need to dig deeper to retrieve many other monikers who had also sided me on this forum because those you mentioned were not enough. I'm open to criticisms and that's why I reiterated I'm not perfect, I'm human. I concur with you on the salary issue. I'm still hustling and I pray God continues to bless all my hustles, including yours and that of everybody in this forum. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:12am On Nov 08, 2016
awelekiti:
Hahahaha. J for jayfierce!!!! Maybe you still need to dig deeper to retrieve many other monikers who had also sided me on this forum because those you mentioned were not enough. I'm open to criticisms and that's why I reiterated I'm not perfect, I'm human. I concur with you on the salary issue. I'm still hustling and I pray God continues to bless all my hustles, including yours and that of everybody in this forum. Peace!
The monikers always gives me a thrill. Sometimes funny thoughts cross my mind like Awele "staffs" have arrived. Lol.

Be good Awelekiti.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vuitton007: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2016
Jayfierce for the win!!!

I jus fall in love anyhow with men who make their points, I mean stringent points without their biography all over the place! #ShokiLobeOge

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 11:51am On Nov 08, 2016
@awelekiti Pride never helps anyone. You have a good head over your shoulder but pride will someday pull that head off if you are not careful! good luck with life

@jayfierce so you dey collect salary from Awele you no let us know?!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 08, 2016
bigfido:
@awelekiti Pride never helps anyone. You have a good head over your shoulder but pride will someday pull that head off if you are not careful! good luck with life

I appreciate your advice. I learn and will keep learning. I'm human.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biyiwilly(m): 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
i applied online since July 17th 2016 and i have not heard a thing from the visa application centre, what can i do as it has pass over 105 days am just confused as to what to do, please advice is needed....thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
I apologize for causing all these drama. I should have been more specific.
Thank you all for your input, all the information has been really helpful, thanks a lot guys.
Hopefully I'll come back with great news after all the stress.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoAje1: 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Good morning all,

Please have trying to make payment with my naira master card for my online visa application bt the payment declined (Dear Customer, your transaction was declined because the amount attempted exceeds your approved cumulative limit.)

Please house is there any other way to make payment online because I dnt hv Dollar MasterCard which I believe it might be the alternative.

Kindly make suggestion(s) if der is another alternative for making payment online.

Thanks for usual support.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 2:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
bigfido:

The 2 both of you are not serious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
Vuitton007:
Jayfierce for the win!!!
bigfido:
RedReact:

The 2 both of you are not serious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lool. So funny.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hello all, good day to you all.
A quick one please. I intend to travel to Canada soon on a visit and while filling the application form, I came across a question requiring me to fill in names and address of institutions and persons I intend to visit during the period I intend to stay in Canada. I intend to visit tourist sites and am apply with hotel booking. my question is what should i put in there? Kindly guide me accordingly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2016
biyiwilly:
i applied online since July 17th 2016 and i have not heard a thing from the visa application centre, what can i do as it has pass over 105 days am just confused as to what to do, please advice is needed....thanks

We are in it together. I applied for my family on July 25 but Nothing yet. I called them here they said it will take 111 days to respond to application submitted before August 1st.
I send mail to cic Accra, they are yet to respond. I also submit case enquiry on cic website, they responded after 5 days that my request has been forwarded to the appropriate office.

So, if I did not get any response from them this week then i will go straight to there office.

By GOD grace I must take my wife to the Other Room this year

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Atiluv(m): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2016
Please guys, how do I get to ojota from ojodu berger.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
passionup:
Hello all, good day to you all.
A quick one please. I intend to travel to Canada soon on a visit and while filling the application form, I came across a question requiring me to fill in names and address of institutions and persons I intend to visit during the period I intend to stay in Canada. I intend to visit tourist sites and am apply with hotel booking. my question is what should i put in there? Kindly guide me accordingly.
You can fill your hotel information in this section. If you have a prearranged tour package and you have the contact details of the tourism agent, then by all means also add it.

Name: Hiltop Hotel
Relationship to me: Residing Hotel
Address in Canada: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
OmoAje1:
Good morning all,

Please have trying to make payment with my naira master card for my online visa application bt the payment declined (Dear Customer, your transaction was declined because the amount attempted exceeds your approved cumulative limit.)

Please house is there any other way to make payment online because I dnt hv Dollar MasterCard which I believe it might be the alternative.

Thanks for usual support.
Hi, Zeus answered your question already. If you need an alternative then you may need to contact your bank.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biyiwilly(m): 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

i just saw this now in my email and on getting to my cic account i found noting, this is my first time of receiving this message since July 17th that i sent in my application as i believe this isn't the monthly update as earlier read from this forum, i want to ask what is going on? would cic send a message for an expectant applicant like me and getting into my account to see nothing. Oga ooooo, kindly share if you have had such experience....thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2016
^^^
You will soon see the message in your account.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biyiwilly(m): 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
when?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
biyiwilly:
when?

It means they are currently treating your app.you might get update before this week runs out
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup11: 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
jayfierce:

You can fill your hotel information in this section. If you have a prearranged tour package and you have the contact details of the tourism agent, then by all means also add it.

Name: Hiltop Hotel
Relationship to me: Residing Hotel
Address in Canada: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks man. i appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pacypatty(f): 8:02am On Nov 09, 2016
Good morning house I just found this thread please my husband applied for a tourist visa and was refused he needs to apply again please what documents do we need to submit Thks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:18am On Nov 09, 2016
Pacypatty:
Good morning house I just found this thread please my husband applied for a tourist visa and was refused he needs to apply again please what documents do we need to submit Thks
What were the reasons for refusal? Have you requested for GCMS notes for more details on the refusal? Could you please list the documents you submitted? It's important to find out what went wrong before you apply again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tosh1: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2016
Hi, I'm new here but I submitted a paper application for study permit for winter 2016 on the 8th of August...I'm kind of worried...I'd really appreciate your response and Would like to know if anyone applied around the Same time.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pacypatty(f): 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
jayfierce:
What were the reasons for refusal? Have you requested for GCMS notes for more details on the refusal? Could you please list the documents submitted? It's important to find out what went wrong before you apply again.

thanks for your prompt response reasons for refusal::1,traveling history 2::purpose of visit and length of stay 3:::family ties
Documents submitted: :employment letter,letter of introduction, bank statement ,children birth certificate ,marriage certificate,booking of hotel reservation in Toronto and passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1096) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: omega2128(m), ednut1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.