Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2347473 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup11: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hello guys, I am applying with my family members and my wife is currently unemployed having lost her job due to the current conditions in Nigeria. Hope putting in unemployed in her employment details as required on her application wouldn't hurt her application. I am the sponsor and my finances is on point. How can I address this naughty issue now to mitigate any hurt if any. Your words of advise would be highly appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
Pacypatty:

thanks for your prompt response reasons for refusal::1,traveling history 2::purpose of visit and length of stay 3:::family ties
Documents submitted: :employment letter,letter of introduction, bank statement ,children birth certificate ,marriage certificate,booking of hotel reservation in Toronto and passport.
Sometimes, their reason(s) for refusal sound confusing. We discussed something on this thread, some pages back, where we, especially myself, believe the VO use as a leverage for denials. GCMS note will give more clarity on the refusal though. Is it only your hubby that is applying or together with the family? If the whole family is, did you also submit any documents?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
passionup11:
Hello guys, I am applying with my family members and my wife is currently unemployed having lost her job due to the current conditions in Nigeria. Hope putting in unemployed in her employment details as required on her application wouldn't hurt her application. I am the sponsor and my finances is on point. How can I address this naughty issue now to mitigate any hurt if any. Your words of advise would be highly appreciated
Do you have any business? What of her? The employment status of your wifte might be capitalised on to give denials.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup11: 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
RedReact:

Do you have any business? What of her? The employment status of your wifte might be capitalised on to give denials.

@Red React, Thanks for the assistance.I work with government and I have a business by the side that she hadn't been involved in. What do I do from here as I have been thinking whether her unemployment status would have a negative effect on my application. Pls guys guide me accordingly.In addition to this, I have an American visa(twice), UK(TWICE),DUBAI while she has been to America,dubai and currently has a running American visa.How does all of this positively affect the application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ESO234: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
RedReact:

Sometimes, their reason(s) for refusal sound confusing. We discussed something on this thread, some pages back, where we, especially myself, believe the VO use as a leverage for denials. GCMS note will give more clarity on the refusal though. Is it only your hubby that is applying or together with the family? If the whole family is, did you also submit any documents?

How can one apply for GCMS note
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrNeoCortex(m): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hi guys...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
It seems CIC websites has crashed. Been trying to login since afternoon but couldn't. Has anyone noticed this lately?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kakunze: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
DemiDabbs:
I apologize for causing all these drama. I should have been more specific.
Thank you all for your input, all the information has been really helpful, thanks a lot guys.
Hopefully I'll come back with great news after all the stress.

Trust you will. Then we will know who is right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biyiwilly(m): 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
just hopeful but nothing yet from their end, cic and snail are blood brothers...lolz

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pacypatty(f): 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
RedReact:

Only my husband we planned joining him later...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
kakunze:

Trust you will. Then we will know who is right or wrong.
Permit me to disagree but I don't think right or wrong is determined by success or failure.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 10:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
jayfierce:

Your documentation is solid. There's a reason for the one year visa and am sure it's in the case notes of the Visa Officer. Your cousin could help you retrieve it if you want.

@jayfierce, you mean its possible to request gcms notes even after getting application approved. Please enlighten me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Evraunited: 12:05am On Nov 10, 2016
Gud pm house. Pls jst want to know if the CANIBUS 2016 conference scheduled for Nov 2-7 took place. I applied for the conference sept 26. But no news yet and the conference is over. Will I still get my passport?? Pls I need u guys to say something
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 12:41am On Nov 10, 2016
DrNeoCortex:
Hi guys...I have been on this site before but now there is fire on the mountain...and I really need some help.

I got a study visa to go to Canada in July 2014 and have been in Canada since then. I came to Nigeria in September of 2015 to get married to my wife. I was a student at the time and we applied for a visiting visa for her in December which was rejected on the basis of travel history, personal assets and home ties. I should note here that she has been to the UK before in 2014 but the visa is expired.

I finished school in April 2016 and immediately got a job in May that pay over $100k/annum which is OK for Canada. We reapplied again for a visiting visa on July 13, 2016 and I just got a rejection letter again this morning stating the same reasons but now including employment status. I should note that my wife was employed at the time but she has now resigned her employment. One key document that I included in my second application was my provincial nomination. [b]I was nominated by the province of BC for permanent residency which I have applied for by paper. [/b]The second application also included my employment offer letter stating my salary, my bank statement in Canada, my payslips. HEr father's properties in Nigeria e.t.c.

I am confused and very frankly frustrated with these guys at this point. I wonder why they are treating us this way. I need help guys. Is there anything we are missing? I must also say that I was applying for a visiting visa for her with the intention that she will apply for an open work permit when she gets to Canada.

I really need some help here. Thanks guys.

For clarity did you include your wife in the application for Permanent Resident? If you are already processing PR for both of you then you guys require patience. I have a friend who is also processing PR through provincial nominee he has applied visitor's visa 2x and study permit once for his wife and they were all denied. So he resigned to waiting for the outcome of the PR.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrNeoCortex(m): 1:09am On Nov 10, 2016
geotherm:

For clarity did you include your wife in the application for Permanent Resident? If you are already processing PR for both of you then you guys require patience. I have a friend who is also processing PR through provincial nominee he has applied visitor's visa 2x and study permit once for his wife and they were all denied. So he resigned to waiting for the outcome of the PR.

Thanks a lot. Yes, she is included in the PR application. This is quite frustrating. I am hiring an immigration lawyer from here to help with Spouse Open Work Permit.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 1:18am On Nov 10, 2016
DrNeoCortex:

Thanks a lot. Yes, she is included in the PR application. This is quite frustrating. I am hiring an immigration lawyer from here to help with Spouse Open Work Permit.

I wanted to suggest applying for an open work permit bit I didn't know how far you wish to go. But you will make a good case: family reason like I did when I was applying to come in as students. I applied for study permit and open work permit for my wife same time - though this was 4 years ago. Harper government looks easier than JT's
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup11: 5:26am On Nov 10, 2016
passionup11:

@Red React, Thanks for the assistance.I work with government and I have a business by the side that she hadn't been involved in. What do I do from here as I have been thinking whether her unemployment status would have a negative effect on my application. Pls guys guide me accordingly.In addition to this, I have an American visa(twice), UK(TWICE),DUBAI while she has been to America,dubai and currently has a running American visa.How does all of this positively affect the application.
i

Guys,good morning. i need your opinions on this issue. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 5:30am On Nov 10, 2016
DrNeoCortex:
Hi guys...I have been on this site before but now there is fire on the mountain...and I really need some help.

I got a study visa to go to Canada in July 2014 and have been in Canada since then. I came to Nigeria in September of 2015 to get married to my wife. I was a student at the time and we applied for a visiting visa for her in December which was rejected on the basis of travel history, personal assets and home ties. I should note here that she has been to the UK before in 2014 but the visa is expired.

I finished school in April 2016 and immediately got a job in May that pay over $100k/annum which is OK for Canada. We reapplied again for a visiting visa on July 13, 2016 and I just got a rejection letter again this morning stating the same reasons but now including employment status. I should note that my wife was employed at the time but she has now resigned her employment. One key document that I included in my second application was my provincial nomination. I was nominated by the province of BC for permanent residency which I have applied for by paper. The second application also included my employment offer letter stating my salary, my bank statement in Canada, my payslips. HEr father's properties in Nigeria e.t.c.

I am confused and very frankly frustrated with these guys at this point. I wonder why they are treating us this way. I need help guys. Is there anything we are missing? I must also say that I was applying for a visiting visa for her with the intention that she will apply for an open work permit when she gets to Canada.

I really need some help here. Thanks guys.

I've been dealing with Immigration Canada for some time. And one thing they are not are idiots. You got married and applied for a visiting visa for your wife. Its obvious that you planned to bring her to Canada to live WITHOUT going through the proper immigration route. You're currently just on a WORKING visa until you get your permanent residence card, then you'll have more rights. You have NO right to bring your wife to Canada as of yet. Relax and cool down. Wait till you get your PR card then start filing for your wife. Why are you in such a rush. You have a 6 figure job and will soon be a PR. You're in a better situation than most immigrants. Just wait till you get your PR. I'm a Canadian citizen and I've been trying to get my cousin here for 2 to 3 years and I also make 6 figures. They've been giving me grief, so who the hell are you, a non citizen to them? Your time will come, just wait for a bit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 6:40am On Nov 10, 2016
manlikegb:

@jayfierce, you mean its possible to request gcms notes even after getting application approved. Please enlighten me.
Definitely! The main terminology is Access to Information. You can get information from various departments in Canada such as IRCC, border services agency, justice department, finance department, etc.

Now, IRCC stores information using the Global Case Management System(GCMS). Access to this information is not dependent on the approval or refusal of the application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/pia/global-phase2.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Evraunited: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2016
Pls guys I need u to say something on my question
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jibosqie(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2016
@ jayfierce......I Sent you a Personal Message awaiting your response.
jayfierce:
Definitely! The main terminology is Access to Information. You can get information from various departments in Canada such as IRCC, border services agency, justice department, finance department, etc.

Now, IRCC stores information using the Global Case Management System(GCMS). Access to this information is not dependent on the approval or refusal of the application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/pia/global-phase2.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2016
Pacypatty:

Only my husband we planned joining him later...
I hope you didn't leave a loophole in your application. As far as tourist visa is concerned, you should indicate you are all going together; which must reflect in your purpose of visit. Saying that you are going to join him later signifies an intent of not coming back again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2016
The number of denials am seeing here is scaring the hell out of me. God have mercy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2016
passionup11:
i

Guys,good morning. i need your opinions on this issue. Thanks
You can try applying. The point of reservation is (economic) tie between your wife and her home-country.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 9:12am On Nov 10, 2016
zeus001:
The number of denials am seeing here is scaring the hell out of me. God have mercy.
DOn't be scared, my man. If we don't conquer fear, how are we expected to win? Today's denial doesn't mean outright denial; it means they didn't see any reason to grant visa now but maybe next time, they will see 1001 reasons to grant the visa.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2016
RedReact:

DOn't be scared, my man. If we don't conquer fear, how are we expected to win? Today's denial doesn't mean outright denial; it means they didn't see any reason to grant visa now but maybe next time, they will see 1001 reasons to grant the visa.

Soothing words. Thanks bro. Amen.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adaxxy: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello house ,
Please I need your advice,can I apply for Canada tourist visa from u.k or U.s,
I'm a Nigerian on tourist visa but I have letter of introduction from my employer and other backing documents ,
Can I apply for tourist visa to Canada from either of the above countries I mentioned but I'm only resident in Nigeria,
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adaxxy: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
@maternal :Hello house ,
I'm a Nigerian on tourist visa but I have letter of introduction from my employer and other backing documents ,
Can I apply for tourist visa to Canada from either of the above countries I mentioned but I'm only resident in Nigeria,
Thank you.
I forgot to mention,
I had expired Swiss,French schenghen, S/a ,Us 4times UK 3times visas but I just renewed my US visa even though the old one expires end of this month and I'm on 5years UK visa which will expire next year .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
@passionup11 if you are able to find your trip and back it up with good evidence, I don't see any reason why your wife shouldn't get the visa.

I will advise you get all your documents especially your finance in top shape. She won't be the first unemployed woman to apply and get approved. I know 2. So wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
To the best of my knowledge you can only apply from your home country cos of the kind of visa you have.

adaxxy:
Hello house ,
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrNeoCortex(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
maternal:

I've been dealing with Immigration Canada for some time. And one thing they are not are idiots. You got married and applied for a visiting visa for your wife. Its obvious that you planned to bring her to Canada to live WITHOUT going through the proper immigration route. You're currently just on a WORKING visa until you get your permanent residence card, then you'll have more rights. You have NO right to bring your wife to Canada as of yet. Relax and cool down. Wait till you get your PR card then start filing for your wife. Why are you in such a rush. You have a 6 figure job and will soon be a PR. You're in a better situation than most immigrants. Just wait till you get your PR. I'm a Canadian citizen and I've been trying to get my cousin here for 2 to 3 years and I also make 6 figures. They've been giving me grief, so who the hell are you, a non citizen to them? Your time will come, just wait for a bit.

Thanks for the response.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
DrNeoCortex:

Thanks for the response. I have sought professional help from an immigration lawyer to pick holes in my application and also requested for the GCMS notes.

I was a bit furious when I typed the note so apologies for my strong language. But you can always trust Nigerians to respond with their "I am better than you" cap than profer solutions to the issues.

1. There is nothing wrong with inviting your spouse to visit or live with you if you are either a student or foreign worker. Nobody mentioned having any rights. Countless number of folks have done it even while we were in school.

2. My wife is included in my PR application to the Federal government as a provincial nominee so no need for additional filing when that comes in

3. I only mentioned my salary to put into context the financial conditions under which we applied for the visa. I am not contesting how much anyone else makes or whether they have global citizenship

4. Implying that a visiting visa is not a proper way is wrong. It is only a two-step way rather than outrightly applying for a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP). My wife had a job at the time. The intention was to visit and if she finds opportunities in the city where I live, she will resign and apply for a work permit within Canada.

5. Why am I in such a rush? We have been married for over one year. I do not think it is out of line to ask for your new wife to visit you. Or, is there a timeline to applying for a spouse after marriage.

6. When you say they are not idiots. Nobody said they are. I do not believe a wife visiting her husband legally working in another country is implying that the immigration officers are idiots.

Nonetheless, thanks a lot for your response.
Lol. You remind me of me when I am slightly irritated or having a brain storm. You've taken the correct steps by requesting for help and the GCMS Notes. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tblaze007(m), ednut1(m), lakeside3020(m), ugomnaanny and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.