Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324342 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ahhh....lol. See interrogation ooo, that's serious.

josephb:
Yes, the dude asked for an address and called for verification after checking online and not satisfied, the guy even checked all previous visas on all pages of current passport and previous passports on the UV light.

Mandated that the bank app should be opened, converted the naira balance to CAD and USD to CAD; He checked the USD credit card and USD debit cards thoroughly, he asked about how much cash was at hand, but didn't check the cash.

It was just more like a secondary interrogation. maybe because of the 250 webforms and mails LOOL.  

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
Good evening NL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
Lan444:

Were you asked proof of funds or address you are going to at the airport ?

They never asked me for proof of funds; they only asked me where I planned to stay.

They ask questions randomly, and just because they didn’t ask me certain questions doesn’t mean they can’t ask the next person.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
Haryour124:
Hello house, pls I submitted my passport through Ups on Friday, which was 30th of june but I’ve not gotten any mail from vfs or ups dat Dey ave gotten my passport. Pls is dis normal ?
Track it on ups website
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
Temitaryor1:

Track it on ups website

U will see the ups tracking ID on the receipt they gave u at ups office.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lan444: 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
omoMessiah:
Now electronic, only what got stamp was the ArriveCAN slip which you give back to the border officer.

Were you asked for address you are going too or proof of fund as a student ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by onuwaje(m): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2023
I am trying to register for ielts British Council and i am stuck somewhere that says issuing authority... How do i go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lan444: 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
josephb:
Yes, the dude asked for an address and called for verification after checking online and not satisfied, the guy even checked all previous visas on all pages of current passport and previous passports on the UV light.

Mandated that the bank app should be opened, converted the naira balance to CAD and USD to CAD; He checked the USD credit card and USD debit cards thoroughly, he asked about how much cash was at hand, but didn't check the cash.

It was just more like a secondary interrogation. maybe because of the 250 webforms and mails LOOL.  

Were you entering on study visa or visitor ?

As a student would I need too have my sponsor account logged on my phone too prove the funds ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
Lan444:

As a student would I need too have my sponsor account logged on my phone too prove the funds ?

Nope you don't have to and the CBSA will never ask for your account number.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

They never asked me for proof of funds; they only asked me where I planned to stay.

They ask questions randomly, and just because they didn’t ask me certain questions doesn’t mean they can’t ask the next person.

They would never ask him for proof of fund on arrival.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummy4life1: 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
onuwaje:
I am trying to register for ielts British Council and i am stuck somewhere that says issuing authority... How do i go about it?
I think you're in a wrong page. The discussion here is for visiting
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
Emmafe:
Track it on vfs website if they’ve delivered. Wait 2-3days to hear from vfs.

Thanks for ur response emmafe, pls how do I track it? Can u help me with d tracker?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Temitaryor1:

Track it on ups website

Pls help me on how I can track it🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
Temitaryor1:

U will see the ups tracking ID on the receipt they gave u at ups office.

Oh thanks so much🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
josephb:

Which airport is this please?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
Please ooo
Can one open his application in the new portal with Android phone?

Please I need to know cos my own has refused to open in my phone
Always telling me wrong password or email
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
Guys, what does this mean?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
Haryour124:

Thanks for ur response emmafe, pls how do I track it? Can u help me with d tracker?
https://www.ups.com/ng/en/Home.page
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
Phemos:
Please ooo
Can one open his application in the new portal with Android phone?

Please I need to know cos my own has refused to open in my phone
Always telling me wrong password or email
Yes, it can be opened on android phone. Do forgot password, that error msg has ntn to do with phone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olaapaps: 9:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
pls pls pls i beg whomever that sees this and has access to a whatsapp or telegram group where i can directly ask questions about these visiting visa process as nairaland is pretty difficult to get individual responses
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Succeed04:

They’ve changed the format. Seems passport has bn stamped and sent back to Abuja vfs.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
Lan444:

As a student would I need to have my sponsor account logged on my phone to prove the funds ?
Print you sponsor’s updated bank statement and have the living expenses in your account. With that you’ll be fine.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Olaapaps:
pls pls pls i beg whomever that sees this and has access to a whatsapp or telegram group where i can directly ask questions about these visiting visa process as nairaland is pretty difficult to get individual responses
I got my information here. Visit visa isn’t that difficult. Home tie, POF and Sop that’s all. If you can work on this with documents to back it up, that’s all you need.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Biko it is getting to 3yrs since I applied for a visitors visa with no update whatsoever. Can I go ahead and apply afresh for a new one?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lan444: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Skyview01:

They would never ask him for proof of fund on arrival.

Somebody said earlier they asked him or is that for visitors visa alone not student ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
Emmafe:
They’ve changed the format. Seems passport has bn stamped and sent back to Abuja vfs.

Okay, thanks.

Will send it back to Lagos? Cos I submitted on person in Lagos on Friday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
hopey8088:
Hello everyone,

Pls can the visiting visa be converted to work visa, if yes please share info on how to go about it.

Also if I get a 3 year visit visa, can I stay in Canada for the three years duration straight or I have to go and come back.

Thanks.

You cannot stay in canada for 3 years on visiting visa,maximum is 6 momth at a given period even cbsa officer can decide to issue you less than 6 month stay. And as per converting visiting visa to work visa it extremely difficult now to get lmia and pleaae have a backup plan should incase converting not possible.
And note immediately you stay more than 3 months without a concerte reason apart tourism then go out canada and hoping u can come back like 2 weeks ,or 2 month later,cbsa officer may refuse you enter..so plan well

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
Do you submitted in Lagos? You will receive another message that indicate Lagos then you can go for your collection.

Succeed04:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ruskov:

Even though most peeps say it's possible , I'm also one of them that say so, because of the laws put out by Canadian government ( you would not completely outrule it) it takes time to convert visit visas to work visas. However you can apply (it's encouraged) but it is best you apply with a status (PR, WP etc)

On the area of you staying 3 years straight , you go and come after 6 months.

Note if you stay beyond 3 month on tourist visa,you already diminishing you chances of future return to canada and secondary inspection may await you on ur next trip to canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
[quote author=Lan444 post=124194245]

Somebody said earlier they asked him or is that for visitors visa alone not student

It is normal to ask for visit visa to know if you have enough for your visit but highly abnormal in case of a Student Visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Do you submitted in Lagos? You will receive another message that indicate Lagos then you can go for your collection.

Yes , I submitted in lagos... but this kinda message is somewhat different from the regular ones ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.