Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323883 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
affoncad:

Note if you stay beyond 3 month on tourist visa,you already diminishing you chances of future return to canada and secondary inspection may await you on ur next trip to canada

Ah, yes. This is true also.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
Succeed04:

Okay, thanks.

Will send it back to Lagos? Cos I submitted on person in Lagos on Friday.
Yes, you’ll get a collection mail stating it’s in Lagos wen it’s ready.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2023
Emmafe:
https://www.ups.com/ng/en/Home.page

Thanks🙏 I’ve checked it, is showing delivered to Lagos on the 3rd of July, Dey ave not sent it to Abuja
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Facosco(m): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
Mummy4life1:
We are sorry. Please don't discouraged him.

I beg ooo. I dey UK

Please who can help me with invitation letter from any church program or any conference. 🙏

@Ruskov: Thank you for all you do. You're too much👍

There's a church conference coming up on Sept 14-17 you can pm to help you request for invitation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lan444: 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
[quote author=Skyview01 post=124194621][/quote]

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
Haryour124:

Thanks🙏 I’ve checked it, is showing delivered to Lagos on the 3rd of July, Dey ave not sent it to Abuja
Okay. Should reach Abuja tomorrow or Wednesday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kingboy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
Emmafe:
I got my information here. Visit visa isn’t that difficult. Home tie, POF and Sop that’s all. If you can work on this with documents to back it up, that’s all you need.
Please can you guide me on what to do ..I want to visit before end of the year
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
Viking07:
Biko it is getting to 3yrs since I applied for a visitors visa with no update whatsoever. Can I go ahead and apply afresh for a new one?
I just decided to check my account after making this posts and saw that they’ve requested for my passport. Biko is this good or bad news?

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
Viking07:
I just decided to check my account after making this posts and saw that they’ve requested for my passport. Biko is this good or bad news?

Now that's good news and we thank God you were remembered afterall.
The next question you should be asking is how to book appointments to submit your passport to VFS.
Congrats. I am happy for you. And may Canada favour you.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummy4life1: 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Facosco:
There's a church conference coming up on Sept 14-17 you can pm to help you request for invitation
Done
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
YYZ

Julieni:

Which airport is this please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
1. Tourist.
2. Students are often asked to show POF if school fees haven't been paid, you might even be lucky without having to answer many questions.

Regards,

Lan444:

Were you entering on study visa or visitor ?

As a student would I need too have my sponsor account logged on my phone too prove the funds ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ruskov:

Now that's good news and we thank God you were remembered afterall.
The next question you should be asking is how to book appointments to submit your passport to VFS.
Congrats. I am happy for you. And may Canada favour you.
I just booked appointment for submission tomorrow here in Abuja. Please any tips on what to documents to carry?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
I spoke with an “immigration lawyer” who promised to change my visiting visa to Open Work Permit for $5000. I will like to know if that’s possible. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tomisyn26: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2023
Please @emmafe I applied for visit visa this year and my bvl came last month on the 26, they asked for another bank statement which I’ve sent already

My concern is I have 4m in my account, and the issue of cad dollars rate, hope it won’t affect
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Tomisyn26:
Please @emmafe I applied for visit visa this year and my bvl came last month on the 26, they asked for another bank statement which I’ve sent already

My concern is I have 4m in my account, and the issue of cad dollars rate, hope it won’t affect
If you’re traveling alone 4m sud be okay depending on your purpose and duration.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:45am On Jul 04, 2023
abousanogo83:
I spoke with an “immigration lawyer” who promised to change my visiting visa to Open Work Permit for $5000. I will like to know if that’s possible. Thank you
Open work permit I doubt, close work permit yes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:47am On Jul 04, 2023
kingboy:
Please can you guide me on what to do ..I want to visit before end of the year
Go tru my previous replies, I’ve mentioned it like 2 or 3 times. Read n tell me which part you need more clarification.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 04, 2023
Succeed04:
This is what I notice in VFS yesterday when I went for submission...

I think they priotize in person submission over third party submission, knowing you waited for a while to get to your date of appointment after booking...

When I submitted, I just acknowledgement message immediately, and my evening, I received another message stating its on transit to ircc for processing...

Check for booking for in person submission first if you live in neighbouring states to Lagos or Abuja, and if tge date available is out the time frame given to you (30days), then opt for courier

The think the use of courier should be the last resort.

My thoughts.

biko what documents did you go with when submitting your passport in person? I’m submitting mine tomorrow in Abuja.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 04, 2023
Emmafe:

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee
N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)

-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Pl

Also note that you’ll have to pay vfs to deliver your passport to your desired location if you can’t pickup yourself in Abuja.

Passport delivery procedure
Pay 18,710 to Canada Logistics Collection Account (0065165839) Stealing Bank. forward the proof of payment to canadang@vfshelpline.com

I will attach the link to download courier service form, instead of waiting for vfs to send it. Download, fill and attach it together with the proof of payment.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/Malaysia/Nigeria/pdf/SMS-Request.pdf
👍✅
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 04, 2023
Nelson2023:
PPR Finally

Timeline

Applied Nov 2021
BVL 2 May
PPR 27 June

I'm super excited
Whats the meaning of BVL biko?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 2:10am On Jul 04, 2023
Emmafe:
They’ve changed the format. Seems passport has bn stamped and sent back to Abuja vfs.

Are you sure? because my documents got to VFS around 3pm today and around 8pm, I got the same mail @succeed04

evelynnonwuka31 did you get the mail?

Emmafe, I can see it says collection is not possible?

I stay in Abuja, so I have to pay that ridiculous amount of money? I am confused oh
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 2:24am On Jul 04, 2023
succeed04 track it on the vfs website

this is what I got when I checked

''Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2023/07/03''

I guess it means the passport has been stamped right?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erwinjstoff(m): 2:40am On Jul 04, 2023
Emmafe:
They’ve changed the format. Seems passport has bn stamped and sent back to Abuja vfs.

But I didn’t receive any tracking code from the courier? Shouldn’t that be a worry ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erwinjstoff(m): 2:41am On Jul 04, 2023
zeb04:
succeed04 track it on the vfs website

this is what I got when I checked

''Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2023/07/03''

I guess it means the passport has been stamped right?

Check your dashboard if you got your letter of introduction yet ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 2:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Erwinjstoff:

You mean BVL letter?

What letter is that?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amy66666777(f): 3:01am On Jul 04, 2023
For a two days conference, booking a flight to depart 23rd of September and return on 3rd October is this ok? Especially as am going through Toronto airport
(In total, I will be spending 1 week, 3days if asked at the border… is this okay given the conference is just 2 days?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:05am On Jul 04, 2023
Erwinjstoff:

But I didn’t receive any tracking code from the courier? Shouldn’t that be a worry ?
Chat them tomorrow, also I’m not that sure.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:06am On Jul 04, 2023
Amy66666777:
For a two days conference, booking a flight to depart 23rd of September and return on 3rd October is this ok? Especially as am going through Toronto airport
(In total, I will be spending 1 week, 3days if asked at the border… is this okay given the conference is just 2 days?
Yes, you can say you want to do sightseeing n shopping before leaving.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:07am On Jul 04, 2023
Erwinjstoff:

Visitor visa doesn’t get LOI after passport stamping
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:09am On Jul 04, 2023
zeb04:

Are you sure? because my documents got to VFS around 3pm today and around 8pm, I got the same mail @succeed04

evelynnonwuka31 did you get the mail?

Emmafe, I can see it says collection is not possible?

I stay in Abuja, so I have to pay that ridiculous amount of money? I am confused oh
Ignore the collection not possible. You can pickup your passport yourself at the vfs center.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tomisyn26: 3:12am On Jul 04, 2023
Emmafe:
If you’re traveling alone 4m sud be okay depending on your purpose and duration.
thanks I’m going alone
Just bothered since they asked for my statement of account again

Going to visit my sister a permanent resident and I’m staying for 10 days
But why did they ask for statement of account again

(1) (2) (3) ... (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Folarge06(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.