Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322688 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrPrincess: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
Did you pay courier return fee to VFS to deliver your passport to your lagos address?
Since you sent it directly to Abuja office, they won't send it to Lagos office.
FatherFigure:
Got a mail that passport has been returned to Abuja VAC. Any idea when i can expect them to courier it to Lagos. Completed consent form when I was dispatching to Abuja.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
Viking07:
You have said it all!
Thank for your input. The issue is we have children. 5 kids. We can not just leave them for that long period. That’s why we are seeking for the best route/alternative to achieving the intention.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
Emmafe:
That’s left to cbsa officer o.
Ohk
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
abousanogo83:
Thank for your input. The issue is we have children. 5 kids. We can not just leave them for that long period. That’s why we are seeking for the best route/alternative to achieving the intention.
Well, now you have been told the best route. Whether you choose to follow it is totally up to you boss. 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feek07: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
chiomapx:
Good evening all,

Please my brother was asked to come pick up his passport from Lagos VFS office.. He paid on 17th, 3days ago for them to courier it to him at Owerri... He uploaded the receipt and they sent him an acknowledgement mail but till date he hasn't received the passport..

Please how many days does it take them to courier the passport to one's destination..

Please I am having same issue but in my own case, I didn't receive any acknowledgement from them after uploading the reciept and they sent a mail to me asking to come and pick my passport, does it mean I sent to a wrong address ? (canadang@vfshelpline.com)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FatherFigure: 11:10pm On Jul 21, 2023
DrPrincess:
Did you pay courier return fee to VFS to deliver your passport to your lagos address?
Since you sent it directly to Abuja office, they won't send it to Lagos office.

Paid after sending it to Abuja and sent them the receipt of payment in an email.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sweetjam: 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Good evening,I want to start my visit visa application n I’ve been trying to open the new site but it’s not opening on my two phones.Do I need to use vpn to access the site?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by phyla(m): 4:14am On Jul 22, 2023
Does anyone have an idea if transit visa is required flying United airline to Canada through lagos-Washington (US) layover?
If required,please how did you obtain transit visa?
Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 4:49am On Jul 22, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:
How do you routine your flight? From Lagos to Billy Bishop?

I suggest you first landed at Montreal then connecting flight to Billy Bishop

I came through Washington, i have a vallid US visa before
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayce19: 8:57am On Jul 22, 2023
I need advice on my situation. I got passport for my family of 3 and we dispatched to VFS. Now my wife and my own passport is ready for collection but my son own has not been worked on since. I decided to track it on the tracker this morning and noticed that there is no VISA number for him yet and the last update done on the tracker was on the 18th of July. What could have happened to cause this and why his own VISA is yet to be issued.?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by onyekachee(f): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2023
Ibadan100:
Long shot!! Can someone that has experience about GIC ( guaranteed Investment Certificate ) please explain to me how to go about it In Nigeria. I want to buy GIC for 15k cad and pay first year tuition of 11k cad because I feel this would remove the doubt of insufficient fund. Please for Gods sake anyone with prior experience should help
sorry to ask,please is it college or university,I am asking based on the tuition
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sweetjam: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2023
Sweetjam:
Good evening,I want to start my visit visa application n I’ve been trying to open the new site but it’s not opening on my two phones.Do I need to use vpn to access the site?
Help pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2023
Sweetjam:

Help pls
use a laptop.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2023
It will be update soon latest in the next 2 days

kayce19:
I need advice on my situation. I got passport for my family of 3 and we dispatched to VFS. Now my wife and my own passport is ready for collection but my son own has not been worked on since. I decided to track it on the tracker this morning and noticed that there is no VISA number for him yet and the last update done on the tracker was on the 18th of July. What could have happened to cause this and why his own VISA is yet to be issued.?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2023
Please my good people, can one fill and upload documents with phone in the new portal?
Please I'm asking for a friend and it's urgent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
Phemos:
Please my good people, can one fill and upload documents with phone in the new portal?
Please I'm asking for a friend and it's urgent

Yes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sweetjam: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2023
lakeside30:

Yes
How pls,the new portal is not opening on my phone at all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bentiner7212: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Hi everyone
Pls how long does it take to get passport back after submission in person vfs Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by femcold: 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Always check the VFS site for up-to-date information to avoid out dated info. Currently, transmission fee is ₦16,540:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/additional-services

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/passport-submission

Appreciate for your reply. Please do I need to book an appointment with Abuja VAC to send my passport via courier to Abuja VFS?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jummy24701: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
What can be done with an applicant whose application has been submitted but she was not able to make the 30 days needed to do the Biometrics as she is writing exams.? What options do they have?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nelson2023: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
I submitted my passport for stamping since 2 weeks ago but know response from VFS since. I checked my account today and I saw closed . Do anyone know the meaning of closed ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinkhar(f): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nelson2023:
I submitted my passport for stamping since 2 weeks ago but know response from VFS since. I checked my account today and I saw closed . Do anyone know the meaning of closed ?

It means your passport is ready for collection but no mail was sent to you. Go to collection center and don’t indicate that you didn’t get the mail. Same thing happened to my sister and she got the stamped passport when she went to the collection center.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
No, appointments are only for physical passport submissions.

femcold:

Appreciate for your reply. Please do I need to book an appointment with Abuja VAC to send my passport via courier to Abuja VFS?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Anything from 5 days to 2 weeks per feedback received here.

Bentiner7212:
Hi everyone
Pls how long does it take to get passport back after submission in person vfs Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
Write to them (IRCC) requesting an extension & indicate why the 30days timeframe isn't feasible.

Jummy24701:
What can be done with an applicant whose application has been submitted but she was not able to make the 30 days needed to do the Biometrics as she is writing exams.? What options do they have?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
Someone suggested you use a computer - have you tried this?

Short of switching browsers, clearing cache and restarting your phone, I'm unsure if there's more to be done as I can access the IRCC portal and tracker on my phone, so this doesn't seem like a general problem.

Sweetjam:

How pls,the new portal is not opening on my phone at all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
You need a US visa. To get one, complete a DS 160 form (https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/), then pay for and choose an interview date.

As the closest interview dates are in 2024, best for you to book another itinerary without a US transit OR a double stopover in Europe.

phyla:
Does anyone have an idea if transit visa is required flying United airline to Canada through lagos-Washington (US) layover?
If required,please how did you obtain transit visa?
Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Send also to info.cannig@vfshelpline.com

feek07:

Please I am having same issue but in my own case, I didn't receive any acknowledgement from them after uploading the reciept and they sent a mail to me asking to come and pick my passport, does it mean I sent to a wrong address ? (canadang@vfshelpline.com)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jummy24701: 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Write to them (IRCC) requesting an extension & indicate why the 30days timeframe isn't feasible.

thank you so much for your response, please can you share their email with me? I have sent web forms but no response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibadan100(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
onyekachee:
sorry to ask,please is it college or university,I am asking based on the tuition
College for PG
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrPrincess: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Has anyone had this situation in which you received PPR, but background verification is still in progress. You submitted passport, but background verification still progress.

I received PPR on the 5th of July, and Lagos VFS acknowledged passport receipt on Monday 10th which is like 2 weeks ago. It is still with IRCC and the status on the application tracker still shows 'in progress'.
I'm just wandering the reason for delay in passport stamping. Could this background verification be the reason? But why would they request PPR when background verification is not yet completed.
I have an upcoming trip to another country and I need this passport back.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrPrincess: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Also, has anyone requested back your unstamped passport from IRCC? What was your experience? How did you go about it? How long did it take to receive it?
Any ideas are welcome please.
If this has been posted here before, kindly refer me please.

I have an upcoming trip, and I want to collect my passport and re-submit after the trip.

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.