Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (854) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328213 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pristine664: 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
TabletMan:
Are going for Diploma or certificate program?

Cert.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pristine664: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
oluayebenz:

You are safe to travel with one way ticket

Yeah. Thanks.

Just want to be sure that Airfrance doesn't do the two way madness like Egyptair.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Flamemignon1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2023
megapriest:

Evidence So how person wey no be gay go fit fake (package) am now
You hate gay people yet you want to use their suffering and plight to enter into a country that advocates for them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
Pristine664:

Yeah. Thanks.

Just want to be sure that Airfrance doesn't do the two way madness like Egyptair.

Why do you call it madness? Policy is policy. If you are traveling with a Visitor visa you must buy a return ticket. If some people got away with one way ticket doesn't mean it's madness on the part of the airline. If you are travelling with Student visa you are not required to have a return ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by divine128: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
Flamemignon1:

You hate gay people yet you want to use their suffering and plight to enter into a country that advocates for them
Swears that hypocrisy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kwameoro: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
DrPrincess:
Has anyone had this situation in which you received PPR, but background verification is still in progress. You submitted passport, but background verification still progress.

I received PPR on the 5th of July, and Lagos VFS acknowledged passport receipt on Monday 10th which is like 2 weeks ago. It is still with IRCC and the status on the application tracker still shows 'in progress'.
I'm just wandering the reason for delay in passport stamping. Could this background verification be the reason? But why would they request PPR when background verification is not yet completed.
I have an upcoming trip to another country and I need this passport back.

What other messages have you gotten from VFS apart from the one stating that your passport is in transit to the IRCC office?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pristine664: 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
SweetJJ:

Why do you call it madness? Policy is policy. If you are traveling with a Visitor visa you must buy a return ticket. If some people got away with one way ticket doesn't mean it's madness on the part of the airline. If you are travelling with Student visa you are not required to have a return ticket.

The madness I'm referring to is the fact that EgyptAir is the only airline that is currently forcing holders of study permit to buy two-way ticket. That has been discussed in study visa thread.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
Viking07:
I hope you’re not using a phone? Use a laptop.
Boss I used laptop today still the same problem . I can't save or progress from 'activities' stage . Someone please help me out or is it from there end .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
Viking07:
which province you dey go?

Calgary
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
iykewright:

Calgary
Same destination. First week of august
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tobilincoln2023: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
Good evening please how can i pay debtofthecrown fees? Please help a brother
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tunjilana: 7:19am On Jul 25, 2023
Bostin:
Boss I used laptop today still the same problem . I can't save or progress from 'activities' stage . Someone please help me out or is it from there end .

Make sure there are no gaps in the dates. Your work and educational history should have no gaps

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MyGodisAwesome: 7:27am On Jul 25, 2023
It’s PPR guys!! This is for my parents and my brother
Their tracker is yet to reflect this and there is no visitor visa details but as I have read in this group, I do not think it’s a big deal

Application was submitted 2023Jun19
BVL & Passport request letter 2023Jul24
Office: London, UK

Please @Emmafe I believe this is the process for passport submission for Lagos below? And please correct me if I am wrong

Lagos vfs address
Visa Application Centre
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos,Nigeria

Documents:
-submitting in person
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee not required cause he did biometrics in Lagos.
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

My parents are currently on a flight to visit my sibling in the states. They can also submit their passport in the states correct?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kidashyn: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2023
Good day everyone
Please I need a genuine answer
Can someone travel to Canada for a visitor visa(conference) if the conference had ended due to delay in visa approval??

Or does any1 has similar case n successfully travelled to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 25, 2023
Kidashyn:
Good day everyone
Can someone travel to Canada for a visitor visa(conference) if the conference had ended due to delay in visa approval??

look for another conference. Otherwise you won’t be allowed into Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2023
tunjilana:

Make sure there are no gaps in the dates. Your work and educational history should have no gaps
Thank you but what really works is that I included all dates in the employment with the post secondary education date and it works .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 9:01am On Jul 25, 2023
Kidashyn:
Good day everyone

I applied for two friends last year may to attend a convention in july 2022 but their visas were approved in April 2023 which was more than one year after the convention date but they are currently in Canada since may 2023. So it doesn't affect the approval of ur visa if the date of the conference expires as a result of the wait for them to approve or take a decision on ur application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 9:28am On Jul 25, 2023
Guys I landed in Canada on Sunday.

I flew through British airways and i landed at Montreal. Everything went smooth and easy at the immigration. They only asked me what i am hete for and the name of my employer.

It is summer here and can be a little chilly because of the wind(for me)

I have been receiving visitors from my colleagues and employers .

I realize that I didn’t bring enough clothes, i just packed mainly foodstuffs.

I haven’t tried their food yet, although my employer left some foodstuffs innthe fridge for me, i brought cooked food from Nigeria. Surprisingly they were still blocked. It saves me because all i do is cook rice and make eba.

Today i ate correct eba and vegetable soup with plenty okporoko and dried fish(the one i brought from home)

Please don’t ask me how i got the job. I have answered it too many times already…. Just look for it.

It is a beautiful place. I haven’t started making friends yet but my colleagues have been inviting me to their houses. Example, i have dinner on Sunday with my boss, his family and grandparents.

I am going for an auction tomorrow whete they bid for horses and cows, it is going to be like a carnival.

I haven’t officially resumed because i came a week earlier, but i spend my free time praying, opening accounts, medical insurance, reading about my job.

22 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2023
zeb04:

I flew through British airways and i landed at Montreal. Everything went smooth and easy at the immigration. They only asked me what i am hete for and the name of my employer.

I haven’t tried their food yet, although my employer left some foodstuffs innthe fridge for me, i brought cooked food from Nigeria. Surprisingly they were still blocked. It saves me because all i do is cook rice and make eba.

Today i ate correct eba and vegetable soup with plenty okporoko and dried fish(the one i brought from home)

Please don’t ask me how i got the job. I have answered it too many times already…. Just look for it.

It is a beautiful place. I haven’t started making friends yet but my colleagues have been inviting me to their houses. Example, i have dinner on Sunday with my boss, his family and grandparents.

I am going for an auction tomorrow whete they bid for horses and cows, it is going to be like a carnival.

I haven’t officially resumed because i came a week earlier, but i spend my free time praying, opening accounts, medical insurance, reading about my job.
Congratulations once again. A breathe of fresh air.

Enjoy! 🙏😁
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2023
Viking07:
Congratulations once again. A breathe of fresh air.

Enjoy! 🙏😁

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2023
zeb04:

Please your location? 😋😋😋

Make I gbenusi 😅
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2023
oluayebenz:

Please your location? 😋😋😋

Make I gbenusi 😅

Lol don’t worry, i will eat for two.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2023
zeb04:

Lol don’t worry, i will eat for two.

Hmmm ok o

But don't be stingy with food o.

And congrat on your arrival, may the land favour you. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Additivesupplie: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2023
Additivesupplie:

Update!

Finally got a refusal.

Even after replying them with a letter to explain the oversight for ommiting that part of section 16.
I declared my US refusal but forgot to declare Canada past refusal even when Ive been issued visa after that refusal.

Anyways visa refused cheesy
I got 3 expired canadian visa in my passport.
I'm a frequent flyer to Canada.
I've never stayed more than 2 weeks on each visit.
Travelled once or twice in a year.

Goodluck to everyone.
Will reapply later in future.

Finally got an approval 🕺

I reapplied and sent a emotional appeal letter via webform, application approved in 2wks.

10 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ojularihabeeb: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2023
Hello my people… Please, how much do one need to pay for passport collection from vfs and what is the process ?
I need an urgent answer 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Tnx

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2023
Good morning house, please I need cheap air ticket to Toronto December or January.

I need you guys to assist with info.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenechi2023: 10:51am On Jul 25, 2023
I want to travel to canada with tourism Visa and I will like to have a good friend that will help me there👏👏👏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2023
MyGodisAwesome:
It’s PPR guys!! This is for my parents and my brother
Their tracker is yet to reflect this and there is no visitor visa details but as I have read in this group, I do not think it’s a big deal

Application was submitted 2023Jun19
BVL & Passport request letter 2023Jul24
Office: London, UK

Please @Emmafe I believe this is the process for passport submission for Lagos below? And please correct me if I am wrong

Lagos vfs address
Visa Application Centre
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos,Nigeria

Documents:
-submitting in person
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee not required cause he did biometrics in Lagos.
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

My parents are currently on a flight to visit my sibling in the states. They can also submit their passport in the states correct?

Thanks

Congrats! Yes they can submit at any vfs, just confirm the requirements.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2023
zeb04:

Congrats!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:18am On Jul 25, 2023
Kenechi2023:
I want to travel to canada with tourism Visa and I will like to have a good friend that will help me there👏👏👏
Help with what? I will advise you do your research well, don’t be desperate n get scammed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: chiomapx, deejay102, icu4, affoncad and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.